Started on: 08-30-2012 09:47 AM
Replies: 3 (157 views)
Last post by: Formula on 03-08-2015 02:04 PM
Rodney

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 267
Rate this member

Report this Post08-30-2012 09:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RodneyClick Here to visit Rodney's HomePageSend a Private Message to RodneyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have heard in the last year or so that the supply of the automatic shifting cables is getting slim. The later years used an adjustable cable. Earlier years had a non adjustable cable. I think anyone with an early model will want to upgrade to an adjustable type cable. I am working on a replacement. It will be adjustable but will not have the same parts as OEM GM. But it will fit and have the adjustable feature. They will have a hex lock nut. Loosen the hex lock nut and turn the end to adjust the length and tighten the hex nut. This is the best way the manufacturer could find. GM utilized a push to release method. They do not have tooling/parts on hand so the hex nut and threaded end is the next best option. The drawings are finished and I am asking for a sample. That will take several weeks.

------------------
Rodney Dickman

Fiero Parts And Acc's Web Page:
All new web page!:www.rodneydickman.com
Rodney Dickman's Fiero accessories
7604 Treeview Drive
Caledonia, WI 53108
Phone/Fax (262) 835-9575

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Jims88

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-05-2015 09:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jims88Send a Private Message to Jims88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Any news on these?
I discovered the hard way, these cable guide tubes don't like ruff handling.

My split copper tube and hose clamp repair.
Rodney

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 267
Rate this member

Report this Post03-06-2015 05:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RodneyClick Here to visit Rodney's HomePageSend a Private Message to RodneyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have looked at this. I have yet to try to make any more progress on them. I will never be able to make them the exact same way as OEM. I would have them made so they work. The adjustable area would probably be threaded and have 2 nuts. The ends would probably not be press on like OEM. They would probably require one to remove the factory ball studs and install my auto cable repair ends on both the shifter and the trans arms.

http://rodneydickman.com/ca...h=57&products_id=338

I have not seen much demand yet. Seems there are enough good used cables out there yet.

------------------
Rodney Dickman

Fiero Parts And Acc's Web Page:
All new web page!:www.rodneydickman.com
Rodney Dickman's Fiero accessories
7604 Treeview Drive
Caledonia, WI 53108
Phone/Fax (262) 835-9575

Formula

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 96
Rate this member

Report this Post03-08-2015 02:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FormulaSend a Private Message to FormulaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I would have really liked an adjustable cable with metal ends last year. The nylon part under the crossover pipe on my 3800 melted and I ended up using a WCF cable that wasn't adjustable and doesn't feel as nice as the stock cable did (because it couldnt be adjusted to fit perfect).

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock