Fiero Evolved GTR build by Sharkman
Started on: 08-01-2012 08:33 AM
Replies: 41 (3235 views)
Last post by: Sharkman on 03-05-2015 06:14 PM
Sharkman

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2012 08:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SharkmanSend a Private Message to SharkmanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This is a build that have no deadline. It could take 1, 5 or 10 years.
After my Choptop 1 //www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/053211.html
that I am selling to finans my new build I want to build my absolute dreamcar. Both with looks and performance.

The name Evolved is because I live in Sweden and a lot of parts will come from Volvo cars. And I want the Fiero to evolve in looks and performance.
That might sound wrong but wait and see ;o)

I started out with a 1987 GT.
Now stripped down and cleaned out.
Will do a test installation with a 5 cylinder Volvo S70 GLT (170hp) and the M56H gearbox. Ones that is done I can drop In a T5 engine (225hp)
That Engine will clear Inspection before I let the mad mechanic build a bulletproof 500hp engine...
The S60 dash replacement was started yesterday.

------------------
Regards SHARKMAN
Europe # 1 choptop

[This message has been edited by Sharkman (edited 08-01-2012).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
SMTHGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-03-2012 10:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SMTHGTSend a Private Message to SMTHGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Keep us posted ...

SmoothGT
SMTHGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-03-2012 10:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SMTHGTSend a Private Message to SMTHGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

SMTHGT

1075 posts
Member since Mar 2010
I love how the dash comes out towards the driver. Nice choice.

------------------
aka. SmoothGT
RIP

:-/
FIERO LESS AGAIN..

Jncomutt

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 221
Rate this member

Report this Post08-03-2012 06:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JncomuttSend a Private Message to JncomuttEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Very neat build! My g/f has a 07 S60R. That car has been a great car to drive from looks, comfort, and most certainly performance.. I'm watchin to see how you mesh the volvo components....
Sharkman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-04-2012 04:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SharkmanSend a Private Message to SharkmanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks. I have a 2001 S60 for a daily drive and love that 2.4 turbo with chip. Gives 250hp and 400Nm torque.
Back to the build...

The original mount for the steering will be removed and replaced with the S60 mount that hold both the steering and the dash in place

Also started to do some cuting and prepare the car for my engine swap. On the floor behind the car is the S70 engine cradle. Will use both engine and gearbox from the Volvo 850/S70
Sharkman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-05-2012 03:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SharkmanSend a Private Message to SharkmanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
And one of the standard pictures when doing the engine swap. The owner ;o)

And the garage mascot, a helping hand. (Henke)

Ones the engine cradle was out I could test and lift the Volvo engine and gearbox in place. Tight but It will work.
Might make a decklid with a window like Madcurls #20? Hinges on the roof. The car will be choped and get a widebody later on.
The servopump are close to the original hinge and I want the engine moved forward about 2"

Sorry, to many pictures?

[This message has been edited by Sharkman (edited 08-05-2012).]

infinitewill

Feedback score:    (55)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post08-05-2012 04:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for infinitewillSend a Private Message to infinitewillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

[This message has been edited by infinitewill (edited 01-05-2016).]

Sharkman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-05-2012 04:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SharkmanSend a Private Message to SharkmanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Strange. I see them both om my computer with win7 and firefox and in my IPhone 4S

CowsPatoot

Feedback score:    (29)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 84
Rate this member

Report this Post08-05-2012 04:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CowsPatootClick Here to visit CowsPatoot's HomePageSend a Private Message to CowsPatootEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I see them fine. There is no such thing as too many pics. There are plenty of people on the boards like me that are illiterate...we just look at pics.
Sharkman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-05-2012 04:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SharkmanSend a Private Message to SharkmanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Double post...

stickboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-06-2012 11:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for stickboySend a Private Message to stickboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
There's no such thing a too many pictures!!!
PFF
System Bot
87antuzzi

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 228
Rate this member

Report this Post08-06-2012 11:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 87antuzziSend a Private Message to 87antuzziEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I love you. Serisouly, you know how long I have wanted to put a b230ft with a 16v head in a fiero. This car is going to have a amazing sound when its done.

[This message has been edited by 87antuzzi (edited 08-06-2012).]

infinitewill

Feedback score:    (55)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-06-2012 12:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for infinitewillSend a Private Message to infinitewillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

[This message has been edited by infinitewill (edited 01-05-2016).]

Danyel

Feedback score:    (91)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 171
Rate this member

Report this Post08-06-2012 03:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Added to favorites....

------------------

My Build Thread
Tylers Toy

Sharkman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-12-2012 07:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SharkmanSend a Private Message to SharkmanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hinges gone and that helped me get the engine in the right position.

I will need some driveshafts and some Volvo wheel hubs.

What do you think about these wheels? They are 18" but you can get them both in 19" and 20"

(Anyone know what the can above/front of the wheel is?)
fieroguru

Feedback score:    (45)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 258
Rate this member

Report this Post08-12-2012 08:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguruSend a Private Message to fieroguruEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Sharkman:

(Anyone know what the can above/front of the wheel is?)

That is the expansion tank for the larger fuel tank.
johnyrottin

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-12-2012 11:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Now I knew Pampers were strong and super absorbant but I had no idea they would hold up a car!!!!!

[This message has been edited by johnyrottin (edited 08-12-2012).]

joesfiero

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-12-2012 02:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for joesfieroSend a Private Message to joesfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by johnyrottin:

Now I knew Pampers were strong and super absorbant but I had no idea they would hold up a car!!!!!

Depends........

-Joe

CowsPatoot

Feedback score:    (29)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 84
Rate this member

Report this Post08-12-2012 04:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CowsPatootClick Here to visit CowsPatoot's HomePageSend a Private Message to CowsPatootEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I really like those wheels...what are they?
Sharkman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-12-2012 05:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SharkmanSend a Private Message to SharkmanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks Fieroguru.

The wheels are Volvo (V60R) OCEAN STORM
Gokart Mozart

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 159
Rate this member

Report this Post08-12-2012 05:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gokart MozartClick Here to visit Gokart Mozart's HomePageSend a Private Message to Gokart MozartEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by joesfiero:

Depends........

-Joe

i see what you did there...
PFF
System Bot
Sharkman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-15-2012 04:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SharkmanSend a Private Message to SharkmanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Got some diamond plate aluminium today. (will get 1 or 2 more this weekend) Always good to have...

Also tried if I could use bikewire and cut out the windows. That works great.

[This message has been edited by Sharkman (edited 08-15-2012).]

Sharkman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-16-2012 05:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SharkmanSend a Private Message to SharkmanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The front of the dash will be where my friend is showing. And the Volvo windshield frame will be about where the hood lock is today. That will be replaced with some Aero catch locks.

[This message has been edited by Sharkman (edited 08-16-2012).]

Sharkman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-19-2012 05:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SharkmanSend a Private Message to SharkmanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Did some cleaning up today. And got my son Max to help me.

Hood lock and wipers gone

Just a template from my other chop. This one will be a little lower

Sharkman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-08-2012 06:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SharkmanSend a Private Message to SharkmanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
About 4 hours of hard work before that rear window got out.

The first 3 hours I used a knife and other tools. And the last hour I got the heatgun out to get that gum to let go.

Not sure how the front would look like but I got these the other day.

DRL with 9x1W LED about 12" long
exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post09-08-2012 07:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Shark i have those same DRL on my choptop !

Sharkman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-10-2012 03:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SharkmanSend a Private Message to SharkmanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nice, do they light up good?
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-10-2012 06:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

At night they are great, but i was a little disappointed with the daytime light output.
Tweeder

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-10-2012 08:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TweederSend a Private Message to TweederEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
More info on those lights please. Do they fit in the stock holes or have you modified the front fascia.

Originally posted by exoticse:

Shark i have those same DRL on my choptop !

------------------
86 GT Convertable 3800

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-10-2012 10:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Tweeder:

More info on those lights please. Do they fit in the stock holes or have you modified the front fascia.

Front opening had to be modified larger.

My nose is a fiberglass reproduction, so it was easy.

[This message has been edited by exoticse (edited 09-10-2012).]

Sharkman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-19-2012 06:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SharkmanSend a Private Message to SharkmanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This is the sound that will come from this car when ready.
Aims for a bullet proof 500hp Volvo 2.3 5cyl. turbo.
T5 performance
Another one running on etanol
T5 Etanol
And the Fiero is lighter than these cars.

[This message has been edited by Sharkman (edited 09-19-2012).]

PFF
System Bot
Sharkman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-27-2012 04:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SharkmanSend a Private Message to SharkmanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Got a set of these 2012 S60 doorskins today.
Will use the centerpiece like I did with the older S60 doorskins in my other choptop.

Sharkman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-11-2012 05:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SharkmanSend a Private Message to SharkmanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Got some more.

A 94 Volvo 855 T5 225hp 2.3l as a donor car. Think it was a little bigger turbo and exhaust system... Using it now to try it :0)
Everything works on the car and is legal to drive.
Sounds like the ones above when I floor it including the wheel spin...

A pair of V70 2009 side mirrors with turn signal.

I have europes largest Volvo Junkyard nearby

[This message has been edited by Sharkman (edited 11-14-2012).]

Sharkman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-14-2012 06:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SharkmanSend a Private Message to SharkmanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I held the mirrors on the car today and they are a bit to big.
Will try and get the smaller ones from S60 V70N 04-08

[This message has been edited by Sharkman (edited 11-14-2012).]

Sharkman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-01-2012 05:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SharkmanSend a Private Message to SharkmanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Another Junkyard find for my car from a 2012 XC60

[This message has been edited by Sharkman (edited 12-01-2012).]

Trinten

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-01-2012 10:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TrintenSend a Private Message to TrintenEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It looks like that's a module under it that you need to "plug in" (or at least have in the car) before the start/stop will work?

How tough will that be to integrate? And with start stop buttons like that, how does it know when to disengage the starter solenoid? Does it just monitor RPM revs, knowing that the starter pushes the engine at "x" and when it hits "y" to kill the starter?
Sharkman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-02-2012 11:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SharkmanSend a Private Message to SharkmanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yes. The piece under is the "key" that have the coded piece to say ok start.
The start Button have several wires. I need to get hold of the wiring diagram to answer the rest.
ALJR

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-02-2012 11:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ALJRSend a Private Message to ALJREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wow, you have allot going on at one time! I would be so overwhelmed if I did that...

Cant wait to see how this progresses...

Sharkman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-04-2012 02:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SharkmanSend a Private Message to SharkmanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I dont have a deadline so I buy things when I see parts that I can use.
I have a ruff plan in my head. Will try and get it on paper so I can show you.
PerKr

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-08-2013 02:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PerKrClick Here to visit PerKr's HomePageSend a Private Message to PerKrEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sharkman, did you manage to fit the B5254S (with transmission) without cutting into the chassis? Reason I ask is that the only other I5 swap I've seen (over at fieroforum.se) resulted in some cutting and re-welding of the strut towers for clearance.

Oh, and there's no such thing as too many pictures. Especially when it comes to an unusual swap like this.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock