Wheel Bearings by FireGirl
Started on: 07-15-2012 02:49 AM
Replies: 10 (842 views)
Last post by: solotwo on 08-21-2013 10:42 PM
FireGirl

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-15-2012 02:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FireGirlSend a Private Message to FireGirlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So I'm searching through RockAuto to buy front wheel bearings. Previously, doing a search on Autozone, it said to get Set1 and set4, but when we search by car on RockAuto, it only gives me set5. Shill told me to get Timken brand only.

When searched by part number and added set1 and set4 to the shopping cart, set1 was Brake/Wheel Hub : Wheel Bearing and set4 was Transmission-Manual : Countershaft Bearing.

Shill says he has Set1 and Set4 on his 84 2m4.

What should I get?

2.8 V6
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
IMSA GT

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 252
Rate this member

Report this Post07-15-2012 03:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Simple....Fierostore has a complete front bearing kit with seals for $30.
http://fierostore.com/Produ...px?s=58505&d=162&p=2
FireGirl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-15-2012 07:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FireGirlSend a Private Message to FireGirlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by IMSA GT:

Simple....Fierostore has a complete front bearing kit with seals for $30.
http://fierostore.com/Produ...px?s=58505&d=162&p=2

He says to get Timken brand only.
RWDPLZ

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 304
Rate this member

Report this Post07-15-2012 07:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RWDPLZClick Here to visit RWDPLZ's HomePageSend a Private Message to RWDPLZEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
SET1 and SET4 Timken bearings are correct for 84-87 Fiero front wheel bearings. On Rock Auto's site, at the top next to 'parts catalog' go next to it to 'part number search' and type SET1 and hit enter, it'll come up with it, SET4, too. Remember to get two of each.

The seals are part # 3357.

$2.06
$4.38
$4.92

= $22.72 + shipping for good Timken parts

[This message has been edited by RWDPLZ (edited 07-15-2012).]

FireGirl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-15-2012 07:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FireGirlSend a Private Message to FireGirlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That's what we first did, shill was just concerned because set4 didn't sound right
Riceburner98

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 80
Rate this member

Report this Post07-15-2012 10:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Riceburner98Send a Private Message to Riceburner98Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I just did mine yesterday, '86 GT - the old bearing races in the hub were marked "China" only, the bearing races on the spindle said "Timken - USA". The "new" bearings said "Timken - Poland".. I say "new" because I've had them in a box for 6 years.. I'm guessing the last person to service the bearings was too lazy to push out the old hub races, but they looked like new.. So were the USA ones or the Poland ones newer.. I'm curious to know what your new ones come as..!

FWIW, they were "Set 1" and "Set 4".

[This message has been edited by Riceburner98 (edited 07-15-2012).]

FireGirl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-16-2012 11:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FireGirlSend a Private Message to FireGirlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Riceburner98:

I just did mine yesterday, '86 GT - the old bearing races in the hub were marked "China" only, the bearing races on the spindle said "Timken - USA". The "new" bearings said "Timken - Poland".. I say "new" because I've had them in a box for 6 years.. I'm guessing the last person to service the bearings was too lazy to push out the old hub races, but they looked like new.. So were the USA ones or the Poland ones newer.. I'm curious to know what your new ones come as..!

FWIW, they were "Set 1" and "Set 4".

I will let you know, hopefully they are here by Friday
XThirtySeven

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-17-2013 07:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for XThirtySevenSend a Private Message to XThirtySevenEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
How about a good kit for the 88s?
TopNotch

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 60
Rate this member

Report this Post08-17-2013 10:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TopNotchClick Here to visit TopNotch's HomePageSend a Private Message to TopNotchEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by XThirtySeven:

How about a good kit for the 88s?

Rodney Dickman has 88 front bearings.
:
nitroheadz28

Feedback score:    (26)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post08-17-2013 10:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nitroheadz28Send a Private Message to nitroheadz28Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
When I did my bearings in mid 2011, my Timken pieces were from Poland.

Considering I'm Polish, well

Good on you for listening to him and not buying garbage.
solotwo

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post08-21-2013 10:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I picked up some front wheel bearings from Autozone a few months back and they were Timken.
PFF
System Bot

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock