Anyone running 18x8.5 in front?? by ICCAMDFIERO
Started on: 07-13-2012 11:14 PM
Replies: 28 (1150 views)
Last post by: Pete Matos on 12-06-2014 11:33 AM
ICCAMDFIERO

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-13-2012 11:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ICCAMDFIEROSend a Private Message to ICCAMDFIEROEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So I have searched and searched and looked over the offset chart Joe made and I dont know what is right or wrong. I have coilovers for the rear so I am not concerned about the rears. Though I have seen in threads that 18x8.5 will and wont fit on the fronts. I was planning on running 18x8.5 with a 48mm offset. If a small spacer would be needed that would be an option. I was wondering if anyone was running a similar setup or wider. I just want to make sure it will clear the suspension/wheel well. All experience/ knowledge would be apreciated!
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
mrfiero

Feedback score:    (91)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 149
Rate this member

Report this Post07-14-2012 01:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfieroSend a Private Message to mrfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My old convertible GT had 18x8.5 wheels up front. The lower control arms were modified for them to fit (lip notched for clearance)......I can't remember what the offset was though. Anyway, it's possible, but you may need to tweak a few things to make it all work.
ICCAMDFIERO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-14-2012 10:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ICCAMDFIEROSend a Private Message to ICCAMDFIEROEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well its good to hear that the 18x8.5 fit. Thought im sure the offset is guna have a big play in that. Anyone else have any info? Its an 86 se
madcurl

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post07-14-2012 12:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have 18x8.5 fronts, but are 38mm off-set I believe (I need to check). I don't know about 48mm, but someone here in this thread has:

https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/085999.html

------------------

"Friends don't let their friends drive stock."

ICCAMDFIERO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-14-2012 05:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ICCAMDFIEROSend a Private Message to ICCAMDFIEROEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Any issues with clearance? You wouldnt happen to have any pictures of how much they stick out? I guess a 10mm spacer wouldnt be to bad to get the only rims I can find that i like.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-19-2012 01:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ICCAMDFIERO:

Any issues with clearance? You wouldnt happen to have any pictures of how much they stick out? I guess a 10mm spacer wouldnt be to bad to get the only rims I can find that i like.

No issues.

18x8.5

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 07-19-2012).]

repnblvd

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2012 10:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for repnblvdSend a Private Message to repnblvdEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I run 19x19.5 +35. No issues.

------------------
-Repnblvd

'86 Fiero GT "Kona Car"
'86 Fiero GT "Old Yeller"
'85 GT "DOA"

'02 Aztek

D3M6B

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2012 11:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for D3M6BSend a Private Message to D3M6BEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by madcurl:

No issues.

18x8.5

What are the tires on those?
225/40, 245/40???
jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2012 04:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

So I have searched and searched and looked over the offset chart Joe made and I dont know what is right or wrong. I have coilovers for the rear so I am not concerned about the rears. Though I have seen in threads that 18x8.5 will and wont fit on the fronts.

You need to specify if 88 or 84 -87. The 88s have a wider track up front and 8.5" would be wicked wide, as in sticking out.
ICCAMDFIERO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2012 11:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ICCAMDFIEROSend a Private Message to ICCAMDFIEROEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I forgot to mention it in the first post, though it is hidden kinda in my second post. Its an 86 se. I ended up ordering 18x8 with a 35 offset instead for now... I think they will look good, and for 690$ shipped I cant complain
ICCAMDFIERO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2012 11:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ICCAMDFIEROSend a Private Message to ICCAMDFIEROEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

ICCAMDFIERO

308 posts
Member since Sep 2009
thanks for the pics as requested madcurl... btw great tire choice, got the same thing going on my new wheels

PFF
System Bot
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2012 12:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by D3M6B:

What are the tires on those?
225/40, 245/40???

225/40/18.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2012 12:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

madcurl

21401 posts
Member since Jul 2003

thanks for the pics as requested madcurl... btw great tire choice, got the same thing going on my new wheels

Glad to be of service.

cyrus88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2012 01:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cyrus88Send a Private Message to cyrus88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by repnblvd:

Wow! 19.5" wide wheels, without sticking out the fenders by 10"!
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2012 01:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
19x8.5

Australian

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2012 05:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AustralianClick Here to visit Australian's HomePageSend a Private Message to AustralianEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yes but keep it stock height for 8.5 wide do not lower more than 1.5 inches or you will have issues touching front bumper.
ICCAMDFIERO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2012 02:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ICCAMDFIEROSend a Private Message to ICCAMDFIEROEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If only they made the wheels i wanted in the correct offset.. i have the same exact tires, size and all. Hope you got them when they were being discontinued for ps3's I think i paid 700$for with tax
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2012 02:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

If only they made the wheels i wanted in the correct offset.. i have the same exact tires, size and all. Hope you got them when they were being discontinued for ps3's I think i paid 700$for with tax

I got my front tires from TireRack and the rears from Ebay.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2012 02:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

madcurl

21401 posts
Member since Jul 2003

A 2.5" lip vs. 5" lip.

Rim width: 12"
Tire width: 12.6"

There's a .3" over hang, but it's not enough to protect the wheel from curb rash

225/40/18 vs. 315/30/18

ICCAMDFIERO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-25-2012 09:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ICCAMDFIEROSend a Private Message to ICCAMDFIEROEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Got my front tires mounted up today. Nothings scarier then mounting tires on brand new wheels :x
ICCAMDFIERO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2012 06:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ICCAMDFIEROSend a Private Message to ICCAMDFIEROEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well here are the fronts atleast

PFF
System Bot
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2012 10:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Believe it or not, but Tony had somebody do a photoshop of Dale's Fiero with a choptop and a photoshop of the rears on the front. The rear wheel is the actual picture featuring ther 19x9 in the rear.

I was looking for something else when I found the pic.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2012 10:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

madcurl

21401 posts
Member since Jul 2003

Well here are the fronts atleast

Well, what happened to the rears?
ICCAMDFIERO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-03-2012 02:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ICCAMDFIEROSend a Private Message to ICCAMDFIEROEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just trying to figure out what tires im goignt to use......
zmcdonal

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-05-2014 11:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for zmcdonalSend a Private Message to zmcdonalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by madcurl:

I have 18x8.5 fronts, but are 38mm off-set I believe (I need to check). I don't know about 48mm, but someone here in this thread has:

I was wondering if you would be able to confirm the offset you're running on the front? Your car us a pre88 correct? I see your running big brakes as well, so if that is pre88 thst would effect the offset as well.

I'm currently trying to figure out the aftermarket wheel puzzle myself, very confused. I've read so many different things I don't know how I would ever feel confident enough to place an order and know they will fit how I want! How do you guys do it? You make it look soo easy!
jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post12-05-2014 11:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by zmcdonal:

I was wondering if you would be able to confirm the offset you're running on the front? Your car us a pre88 correct? I see your running big brakes as well, so if that is pre88 thst would effect the offset as well.

I'm currently trying to figure out the aftermarket wheel puzzle myself, very confused. I've read so many different things I don't know how I would ever feel confident enough to place an order and know they will fit how I want! How do you guys do it? You make it look soo easy!

Zombie thread....

Good luck getting Madcurl to post. He left the forum years ago.
zmcdonal

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-05-2014 11:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for zmcdonalSend a Private Message to zmcdonalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jscott1:

Zombie thread....

Good luck getting Madcurl to post. He left the forum years ago.

Yeah i forgot he doesn't hang around here anymore. Dang! That sucks.
JCircs

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-06-2014 06:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JCircsSend a Private Message to JCircsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
18x8.5 +35 on the front.

[This message has been edited by JCircs (edited 12-06-2014).]

Pete Matos

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-06-2014 11:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Pete MatosSend a Private Message to Pete MatosEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by repnblvd:

I ask you what NEW car ever looked this clean and elegant? Well done man, beautiful car. Peace

Pete

------------------
"May the grins begin when you turn the key and hear the engine roar over your shoulder" ......Gall57 (slightly modified LOL)

Pete Matos
A&N Precision Machine
CNC Machining and prototyping
Maryville, Tennessee

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay