Rodger Dickman exhaust studs are gone! by hypo327
Started on: 07-08-2012 07:16 PM
Replies: 22 (1233 views)
Last post by: dobey on 11-22-2015 02:59 PM
hypo327

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2012 07:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hypo327Send a Private Message to hypo327Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm doing a 3.4 swap and want to put new exhaust studs in, but Rodger Dickman is out! Does anyone know who has some to sell, or if any of you have some to sell please pm me, 'cause ah need'm! Thanks!
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
dudewithoutfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2012 07:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dudewithoutfieroSend a Private Message to dudewithoutfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
i got mine from ebay. they were from fiero jon.
fast40driver

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-09-2012 01:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fast40driverSend a Private Message to fast40driverEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Go down to a GOOD hardware or bolt store, just buy 8mm socket head set screws. I think I used about 50mm long, but can't remember. These are usually at 180 kpsi, plenty strong, easy to install. I usually will install using anti-seize.

Best regards,

Mike
Arns85GT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 202
Rate this member

Report this Post07-09-2012 11:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Arns85GTSend a Private Message to Arns85GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I got some stainless bolts (8mm?) when I was doing mine, and cut them. I also slotted the top so I could use a screw driver to seat them.

It seemed to work out well.

Arn
Mickey_Moose

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 143
Rate this member

Report this Post07-09-2012 11:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Mickey_MooseClick Here to visit Mickey_Moose's HomePageSend a Private Message to Mickey_MooseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Fiero Store, GM, Izusu dealer, exhaust shop

8mm x 1.25
jaskispyder

Feedback score:    (22)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post07-09-2012 11:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jaskispyderSend a Private Message to jaskispyderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I believe they are from an 1996 Saturn SC2
Lou6t4gto

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-09-2012 01:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Lou6t4gtoSend a Private Message to Lou6t4gtoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
ANY Hardware store. I got mine at True Value.
Patrick

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post07-09-2012 02:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by hypo327:

I'm doing a 3.4 swap and want to put new exhaust studs in, but Rodger Dickman is out!

Who the heck is Roger Dickman? Is that perhaps Rodney's brother?

jaskispyder

Feedback score:    (22)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post07-09-2012 02:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jaskispyderSend a Private Message to jaskispyderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Roger that!.....
bowrapennocks

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-11-2012 03:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for bowrapennocksEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Try McMaster Carr for bolts and studs. Great selection and cheap

http://www.mcmaster.com/#st...hreaded-rods/=icteb9

Jim
tesmith66

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 135
Rate this member

Report this Post07-11-2012 06:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tesmith66Send a Private Message to tesmith66Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Dorman 03411. This is a set of 10 studs and locking nuts for Ford V8's. They were a perfect fit for my 3.4 DOHC and are a regularly stocked item at Autozone (at my local store, anyway)

------------------
1986 SE Aero coupe. 3.4 DOHC swap is underway!

PFF
System Bot
Cliff Pennock
Administrator

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 698
Rate this member

Report this Post07-11-2012 09:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Cliff PennockClick Here to visit Cliff Pennock's HomePageSend a Private Message to Cliff PennockEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Quoted from the Posting Rules:

Are you posting in the right section?
To summerize, the Technical Discussion & Questions section is just that. For technical discussions and questions. So no "what is the best source for polyurethanemethanoloxide bushings?" or "should I paint my Fiero pink or blue-with-polkadots?" threads. Those belong in the General Fiero Chat section.
RWDPLZ

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 304
Rate this member

Report this Post07-11-2012 11:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RWDPLZClick Here to visit RWDPLZ's HomePageSend a Private Message to RWDPLZEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Patrick:

Who the heck is Roger Dickman

Evil twin that sells MR2 parts?
hypo327

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-13-2012 01:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for hypo327Send a Private Message to hypo327Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for all the suggestions, but I found them in the True Value metric auto (brown boxes). Only difference is they don't have the allen wrench holes, but I just locked two nuts together on one end and torqued them down. M8 x 1.25
hypo327

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-13-2012 01:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for hypo327Send a Private Message to hypo327Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

hypo327

290 posts
Member since Oct 2009

Originally posted by Patrick:

Who the heck is Roger Dickman? Is that perhaps Rodney's brother?

LOL...Rodney...sorry!
Blacktree

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 350
Rate this member

Report this Post10-13-2012 10:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BlacktreeClick Here to visit Blacktree's HomePageSend a Private Message to BlacktreeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The Fiero Store sells an exhaust stud kit, similar to the one Rodney used to sell.

http://www.fierostore.com/P...px?s=88100&d=197&p=1
The Aura

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-13-2012 02:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for The AuraSend a Private Message to The AuraEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
http://www.ebay.ca/itm/FIER...1841dc#ht_771wt_1398

I got them from this guy on ebay... very nice price and quality.
Moar

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2015 03:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MoarSend a Private Message to MoarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Obviously, Dorman 03411 exhaust manifold stud kit (M8x1.25) for Ford V8 engines is compatible with 3.4 DOHC engines.
So I assumed that this kit also fits the stock Fiero 2.8L V6 engine and other engines like the 3.4 V6 pushrod engine?
All these engines have M8x1.25 threads, right?

Moar
Horse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2015 04:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HorseSend a Private Message to HorseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by hypo327:

I'm doing a 3.4 swap and want to put new exhaust studs in, but Rodger Dickman is out! Does anyone know who has some to sell, or if any of you have some to sell please pm me, 'cause ah need'm! Thanks!

For get the exhaust studs; Rodger Dickman is gone too, its like he never existed!
Patrick

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2015 04:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Horse:

Rodger Dickman is gone too, its like he never existed!

Strange, eh?
Stubby79

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 58
Rate this member

Report this Post11-22-2015 02:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Stubby79Send a Private Message to Stubby79Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
dunno what yer going on about. I walked in to my local parts store, showed 'em an intact one, and they dug out some matching studs within moments.
PFF
System Bot
tshark

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post11-22-2015 02:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Horse:
For get the exhaust studs; Rodger Dickman is gone too, its like he never existed!

Roger that. You must mean Rodney Dickman.
dobey

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 371
User Banned

Report this Post11-22-2015 02:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dobeySend a Private Message to dobeyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Stubby79:

dunno what yer going on about. I walked in to my local parts store, showed 'em an intact one, and they dug out some matching studs within moments.

Likewise, I'm sure it would be trivial to get the correct ones from ARP or Fastenal.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock