Started on: 06-29-2012 01:25 PM
Replies: 20 (1113 views)
Last post by: Macs86GT on 02-21-2014 04:37 PM
Rare87GT

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 173
Rate this member

Report this Post06-29-2012 01:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rare87GTSend a Private Message to Rare87GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What's the best website to get the interior carpet for our cars that fits well, etc? It's been a while since I've ordered this and when I did it was several years back.

Thanks guys!

------------------

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Dogcreek

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-29-2012 10:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DogcreekSend a Private Message to DogcreekEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hi Rare...

Here is a good one... If not mistaken, the one that Mr. Mike recommends...

http://www.automotiveinteri...cc/84_88fieroacc.htm

From Mr. Mikes... "Get Free Shipping! When ordering carpet type "Mr Mike sent me" in the comments box to receive Free Shipping! *within the 48 states"

Jeff

------------------

Mine = 1986/2007 LS4 Fiero GXP
Brides= All stock 1988 Formula

[This message has been edited by Dogcreek (edited 06-29-2012).]

Macs86GT

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2012 07:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Macs86GTSend a Private Message to Macs86GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I used their carpet when cleaned up my interior. I ordered the extra backing, and the quality is great and it looks good. I have had no issues with the product and it has been in for 1.5 years. It still looks good.
fieroseblack

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2012 01:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroseblackSend a Private Message to fieroseblackEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Very good carpet! My old carpet was just old and a different color. So vacuumed, shampooed and dried it. I placed the new over the old and it’s really quite. It comes a little larger than the original so be careful with your cuts. I had to get some little longer screws but would do it the same way again.
It makes the interior look new again, especially if you do something with the lower door panels.
Good luck and have fun. Post some pictures when you can.

DARKWING,
Aka, Mike Parker
ULTRA-kV6

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2012 06:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ULTRA-kV6Send a Private Message to ULTRA-kV6Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
yep, just save yourself the time and buy from automotiveinteriors. I've had mine in for YEARS. You may need to do a little trimmin' here & there, but an otherwise perfect fit.
falcon_ca

Feedback score:    (26)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2012 10:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for falcon_caSend a Private Message to falcon_caEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

------------------
"I'm not driving too fast, . . . I'm just flying too low."

Work done 07-08 | Work done 08-09 | Work done 09-10 | Work done 10-11 |Work done 11-12 |
4.9 Swap project |Parts for sale

Rare87GT

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 173
Rate this member

Report this Post07-01-2012 01:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Rare87GTSend a Private Message to Rare87GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks guys!
madcurl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post11-17-2012 04:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

TK

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 200
Rate this member

Report this Post03-21-2013 11:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TKSend a Private Message to TKEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bumping this. Did the mass backing keep the carpet from being wrinkled beyond use? I bought the ACC capret and I was never able to get the wrinkles out and it's looks more like it's just draped in there. I am hoping the mass backing will keep it flat especially along the console. I got samples of the mass backing and I am not convinced it's thick enough.

Any thoughts appreciated.

TK
fieroseblack

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-22-2013 10:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroseblackSend a Private Message to fieroseblackEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Again, I installed mine directly over the existing carpet. Had to use longer screws, however no waves and/or buckling at all. Let sit in a warm area for a little, maybe shipping caused some waves. If your old and/or new sub matting isn't smooth that would transfer to the carpet.

Hope all works out for you.

DARKWING
Mike Parker
TK

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 200
Rate this member

Report this Post03-22-2013 10:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TKSend a Private Message to TKEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fieroseblack:

Again, I installed mine directly over the existing carpet. Had to use longer screws, however no waves and/or buckling at all. Let sit in a warm area for a little, maybe shipping caused some waves. If your old and/or new sub matting isn't smooth that would transfer to the carpet.

Hope all works out for you.

DARKWING
Mike Parker

Did yours have mass backing?

PFF
System Bot

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post03-22-2013 11:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ULTRA-kV6:

yep, just save yourself the time and buy from automotiveinteriors. I've had mine in for YEARS. You may need to do a little trimmin' here & there, but an otherwise perfect fit.

That site alsosells Avery floor mats, are they quality as well? Wonder if they are actually custom cut, meaning go all the way to the edge of the foot area? That is what I would like.
TXOPIE

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-22-2013 06:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Stock interiors...ordered black ultra plush and it was perfect!

[This message has been edited by TXOPIE (edited 03-22-2013).]

rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post03-22-2013 08:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I also had no problem with ACC carpet in any of my cars. Its always best to let it lay out flat for a few days in a warm room if you can. Mine laid right in flat and smooth. Normally you do have to trim a little up under the dash and kick panels and maybe around the sills.
ls3mach

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 226
Rate this member

Report this Post03-22-2013 09:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ls3machSend a Private Message to ls3machEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Dogcreek:

Hi Rare...

Here is a good one... If not mistaken, the one that Mr. Mike recommends...

http://www.automotiveinteri...cc/84_88fieroacc.htm

From Mr. Mikes... "Get Free Shipping! When ordering carpet type "Mr Mike sent me" in the comments box to receive Free Shipping! *within the 48 states"

Jeff

$235 shipped for new carpet? Does this include the firewall carpet? Damn. That seems effin cheap. I am likely to "blackout" my GT when winter comes. It is some kind of Ferrari red right now, but it has a few blemishes. I have the beach wood interior, but I just think all black would look sexier.
KOS

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-23-2013 09:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KOSClick Here to visit KOS's HomePageSend a Private Message to KOSEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have been looking at acc and stock interiors for new carpet. By the looks of it the firewall carpet is not included in either correct? I am leaning towards stock interiors atm.
87GT2M6

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-20-2014 11:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87GT2M6Send a Private Message to 87GT2M6Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Here are my samples

Australian

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2014 07:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AustralianClick Here to visit Australian's HomePageSend a Private Message to AustralianEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Do your own just buy Auto carpet and glue it is pretty easy keep old carpet if you can for insulation or too noisy and lumpy. I did mine for about $100 and looks perfect.

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2014 08:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Australian:

Do your own just buy Auto carpet and glue it is pretty easy keep old carpet if you can for insulation or too noisy and lumpy. I did mine for about $100 and looks perfect.

What did you do on corners and curves?
Chelo Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2014 12:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Chelo FieroClick Here to visit Chelo Fiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to Chelo FieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 2.5:

What did you do on corners and curves?

I recently did my Nissan frontier for only $40.00 including the spray glue, for the curves and corners just use an industrial type heater blower on the back side of the carpet and gently reshape as needed. Be careful not to overheat !!!
Macs86GT

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2014 04:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Macs86GTSend a Private Message to Macs86GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
i have the plush carpet from them with the heavy mass backing and it was easy quick and wrinkle free. All i had to do was trim near the sills and e brake a bit and a snip near the inner tunnel behind the gas pedal.
PFF
System Bot

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock