Started on: 04-22-2012 11:12 PM
Replies: 19 (826 views)
Last post by: CoolBlue87GT on 02-22-2014 08:03 AM
CoolBlue87GT

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 151
Rate this member

Report this Post04-22-2012 11:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CoolBlue87GTSend a Private Message to CoolBlue87GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Coming home tonight, I was on two lane "one way" street. All of a sudden, a jeep pulled out in front of me that was stopped at a stop sign.

I hit the brakes and turned in the direction of a side street to avoid it as the driver stopped in the middle of the road.

When stopped , I was two feet from the jeep, I got out of the car and politely asked the driver, WTF ?

She said she thought it was a four way stop.

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
nitroheadz28

Feedback score:    (26)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2012 12:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for nitroheadz28Send a Private Message to nitroheadz28Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
At least you didn't have this (my case):

= One totaled 87 GT.

Good save though!
CoolBlue87GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2012 08:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CoolBlue87GTSend a Private Message to CoolBlue87GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
After thinking about it, I was replaying the indent in my mind, wondering what would have happened if I would have hit the Jeep Cherokee.

It would have taken only a second of reacting time to not turn the wheel. It would have hit square on the side of the Jeep.

I'm glad I missed it.
Pete Matos

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2012 09:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Pete MatosSend a Private Message to Pete MatosEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Glad you did NOT wreck your baby man.... gotta be careful it seems more and more pinheads are on the road today... hehe peace

Pete

dudewithoutfiero

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2012 01:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dudewithoutfieroSend a Private Message to dudewithoutfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
you are not kidding the drivers in southwest fl are the worst. every time i am out in my fiero i have at least one idiot almost it me or tailgates me to where if i had to brake hard they would be in my ____.
Pete Matos

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2012 01:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Pete MatosSend a Private Message to Pete MatosEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yeah I know.... You do realize they are tailgating you because they are trying to get a better closer look at your SWEET FIERO RIGHT!! hehe Pinheads are everywhere. Gotta be on the lookout at all times and expect the unexpected. Where I live there are LOTS of rolling curves and tight turns and I cannot tell you how many times I came around a corner and some idiot is riding halfway across the lane and barely swerved away in time to miss me. I know I sometimes do it when I am cruising but I ALWAYS try to do it when I can fully see down the next curve and that it is clear of oncoming traffic. It certainly does make taking some of the curves easier on you and the car. These guys will do it in a blind curve going eighty and texting on their phone about picking up some beer for their grandma and don't forget the smokes!! sheesh... gotta move back to florida...hehe peace

Pete

Indiana_resto_guy

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 163
Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2012 12:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Indiana_resto_guySend a Private Message to Indiana_resto_guyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

What, then, pray tell was her reasoning for stopping in the middle of the street instead of giving it the GAS to clear the intersection before you really got into it?
Did you politly or otherwise remind her that if you would have had a stop sign her sign would have had a 4 way stop message below it?

Did you also tell her to go back to sears and get a refund on the liscense she had as it was the wrong one? The notation was wrong, instead of saying operators liscense it should have said observers viewpoint./
CoolBlue87GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2012 09:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CoolBlue87GTSend a Private Message to CoolBlue87GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Indiana_resto_guy:

What, then, pray tell was her reasoning for stopping in the middle of the street instead of giving it the GAS to clear the intersection before you really got into it?
Did you politely or otherwise remind her that if you would have had a stop sign her sign would have had a 4 way stop message below it?

Did you also tell her to go back to sears and get a refund on the license she had as it was the wrong one? The notation was wrong, instead of saying operators license it should have said observers viewpoint./

She pulled out at the last second, the direction I was headed, if she hit the gas, she would have driven into the side of the car. It was that close.

The stop sign actually has a sign that says oncoming traffic does not stop.

When I got out of the car, walked over to the jeep, ask her, are you alright ? Figured she would have expected me to yell and screen at her.
I decided not to get my blood pressure up any higher than the incident already did.
CoolBlue87GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2012 02:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CoolBlue87GTSend a Private Message to CoolBlue87GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

CoolBlue87GT

8399 posts
Member since Apr 2001
Here's that sign from what would have been her view.

andreww

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2012 04:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for andrewwSend a Private Message to andrewwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Unfortunately thats the way it is these days, you have to treat every intersection like a 4 way, and at the very least slow down and make sure its clear. People are chatting, texting, eating, drinking, and who knows what else when they are driving. Add that to the fact that half those people shouldn't have a license in the first place and you have a recipe for disaster. I've had my fiero since 85 and in the winter I've always driven beaters. About a year ago it was time to finally buy a decent winter vehicle (Hyundai Elantra) which I only drive to and from the train station (5 mins each way). Its already been hit 3 times and vandalized once as well. All these incidents happened while I was parked and not in the car, and of course none of them left a note. Its not like the old days when people actually had to know how to drive to get a license!
no2pencil

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2012 05:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for no2pencilSend a Private Message to no2pencilEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I had a lady give me the finger & curse at me because I didn't stop at an intersection that wasn't a 4 way stop. Some people just assume they know wtf is going on.
PFF
System Bot
av8fiero

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2012 05:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for av8fieroSend a Private Message to av8fieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Congrats on the miss, and also on maintaining your cool. I doubt there's anyone on here that hasn't made a similar mistake as your jeep driver, no point in going ballistic over it since it was a miss.
sebw8891

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2012 06:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sebw8891Send a Private Message to sebw8891Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
lucky nothing happened i wouldve flipped if i wrecked my 88 i live in jersey people are just the same here and when im not in my fiero and i am in my jeep i dont take any b.s. from anyone i was speeding in a 50 doing 70 and there was some guy right on my bumper and another lane next me for him to go around so i just stopped locked it up let him hit me he ended up wrecking his mommies new buick and got arrested for road rage and i went home and pulled the bumper straight and epoxied my bumper back up i guess what im trying to say is sometimes they get what they deserve just dont get in their way when its happening haha
Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2012 09:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Good save. Seriously.

Morons like that are exactly why I don't ride motorcycles any more.
CoolBlue87GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2014 08:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CoolBlue87GTSend a Private Message to CoolBlue87GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Almost two years later, again, some nut again pulled out in front of me at the same intersection tonight. Again it was a fricken Jeep vehicle.

This time I was driving the TDI Fiero. The brakes work very well, I slid to a stop and layed on the horn. The other person looked up and couldn't figure why I almost hit them, after a few seconds, they figured it out.

I had that same after thought, should I have hit them , they would have been at fault , but I didn't want to wreck my car.
rpro

Feedback score:    (16)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 76
Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2014 08:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rproSend a Private Message to rproEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Don't you dare wreck that car until after Daytona. We all want to see it without Jeep guts all over it. Lol
NEVERDONE

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2014 09:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NEVERDONESend a Private Message to NEVERDONEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I almost got to eat the a$$ of an s10 yesterday. I was far enough back doin 70 when SHE locked up her brakes that i could swerve and miss her. Dont know what she was doin at the time. I dont think a s10 rear bumper would look right on the front end of my cat!
TheDigitalAlchemist

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2014 10:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TheDigitalAlchemistClick Here to visit TheDigitalAlchemist's HomePageSend a Private Message to TheDigitalAlchemistEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by CoolBlue87GT:

Almost two years later, again, some nut again pulled out in front of me at the same intersection tonight. Again it was a fricken Jeep vehicle.

This time I was driving the TDI Fiero. The brakes work very well, I slid to a stop and layed on the horn. The other person looked up and couldn't figure why I almost hit them, after a few seconds, they figured it out.

I had that same after thought, should I have hit them , they would have been at fault , but I didn't want to wreck my car.

I'd avoid that intersection, if possible...

Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2014 10:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by CoolBlue87GT:

Almost two years later, again, some nut again pulled out in front of me at the same intersection tonight.

Originally posted by TheDigitalAlchemist:

Yeah, maybe try a different route home.
CoolBlue87GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-22-2014 08:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CoolBlue87GTSend a Private Message to CoolBlue87GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by TheDigitalAlchemist:

Originally posted by Patrick:

Yeah, maybe try a different route home.

You know, the funny thing is, 99% of the time since it last happened, I was using a different route home, a bit longer, but a better road. Last night was like the 2nd or third time I took the old route home. I will stick to the safer route from now on.

[This message has been edited by CoolBlue87GT (edited 02-22-2014).]

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock