Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  Does anyone make 3.8SC wiring harnesses?

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
Does anyone make 3.8SC wiring harnesses? by eljibaro127
Started on: 04-17-2012 07:38 PM
Replies: 22 (3235 views)
Last post by: fieroall on 01-23-2014 01:02 AM
eljibaro127

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-17-2012 07:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for eljibaro127Send a Private Message to eljibaro127Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Im thinking of swaping out the 2.8 for a 3.8SC and dont really like having to deal with wires, does anyone sell harnesses pre-maid? or where can i get one? FYI Pics are a Plus.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
NightMare Cruiser

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-17-2012 07:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NightMare CruiserSend a Private Message to NightMare CruiserEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This is who's doing mine!! PHONEDAWGZ

//www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum4/HTML/056895.html

[This message has been edited by NightMare Cruiser (edited 04-17-2012).]

Alex4mula

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 153
Rate this member

Report this Post04-17-2012 07:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Alex4mulaSend a Private Message to Alex4mulaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PHONEDAWGZ is the best. He did mine for my 3800sc S3. Car fired up at first try. Top rate craftsmanship and excellent testing setup. Quick too.

------------------

Red: TPI V8 + 6-Speed White: 3800SC auto
304rwHP/366rwTQ

Oosky

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-17-2012 09:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OoskySend a Private Message to OoskyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
yup Phonedawgz will be doing my 3800SC harness swap as well! hes the best! lol atleast I assume so :P
FIEROFLYER

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 180
Rate this member

Report this Post04-17-2012 10:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FIEROFLYERSend a Private Message to FIEROFLYEREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
A few builders out there other then just the supposed best some with over 8 years experience building harnesses like myself with over 400 built so far and still going. Dan

------------------

http://www.photosled.com/showgallery.php/cat/631

Mike Gonzalez

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 130
Rate this member

Report this Post04-17-2012 10:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mike GonzalezSend a Private Message to Mike GonzalezEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ya, theres still a few of us around !
BV MotorSports

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 189
Rate this member

Report this Post04-17-2012 11:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BV MotorSportsSend a Private Message to BV MotorSportsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Jim @ http://injectiontechnology.com/ made the harness for my last 3800sc swap. 100% GM color-coded and weather-pac connections. Fit and functioned PERFECTLY. Did I mention all new? No reused connectors or wiring.

LAMBO

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-18-2012 09:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for LAMBOSend a Private Message to LAMBOEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
//www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum4/HTML/060128.html
Dan did mine. Quality work as well.
thismanyfieros

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 120
Rate this member

Report this Post04-18-2012 10:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for thismanyfierosSend a Private Message to thismanyfierosEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have one that dan did in my swap..no issues...
phonedawgz

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 290
Rate this member

Report this Post04-18-2012 05:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for phonedawgzClick Here to visit phonedawgz's HomePageSend a Private Message to phonedawgzEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I also hear he is the best.

(search past posts on the Mall section of PFF before ordering one from anyone)

Originally posted by Oosky:

yup Phonedawgz will be doing my 3800SC harness swap as well! hes the best! lol atleast I assume so :P

phonedawgz

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-18-2012 05:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for phonedawgzClick Here to visit phonedawgz's HomePageSend a Private Message to phonedawgzEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

phonedawgz

17091 posts
Member since Dec 2009
I have been considering giving this as an option. I already use new MAP, C500, Reverse, VSS, and CTS connectors. I use all new pins on these and C203 and the PCM connectors.

Question - Did they use wire that has both the proper base color AND tracer color, or did they just use the base color wire. Base color only wire is a much easier way to go. I have heard rumors

Also I don't see any firewall bulkhead fitting. Do they just not include that?

phonedawgz

Originally posted by BV MotorSports:

Jim @ http://injectiontechnology.com/ made the harness for my last 3800sc swap. 100% GM color-coded and weather-pac connections. Fit and functioned PERFECTLY. Did I mention all new? No reused connectors or wiring.

[This message has been edited by phonedawgz (edited 04-18-2012).]

PFF
System Bot
BV MotorSports

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-18-2012 06:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BV MotorSportsSend a Private Message to BV MotorSportsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by phonedawgz:

I have been considering giving this as an option. I already use new MAP, C500, Reverse, VSS, and CTS connectors. I use all new pins on these and C203 and the PCM connectors.

Question - Did they use wire that has both the proper base color AND tracer color, or did they just use the base color wire. Base color only wire is a much easier way to go. I have heard rumors

Also I don't see any firewall bulkhead fitting. Do they just not include that?

phonedawgz

Now, just remove your old one and instal over the new wiring. Jim (the owner) is a great guy and is the one that answers the phone. WARNING he will talk your ear off given the chance.
NightMare Cruiser

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-04-2012 07:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for NightMare CruiserSend a Private Message to NightMare CruiserEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Got mine Yesterday. Looks Great!! Great workmanship!! And great turn around!
Fierotregg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-04-2012 02:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FierotreggSend a Private Message to FierotreggEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Phonedawgz did my 3800NA wiring harness, excellent quality, detailed instructions and easy to talk with.
Bodyman39

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-13-2012 09:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Bodyman39Send a Private Message to Bodyman39Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What's the usuall selling price for these harnesses ? I've tried to do my own harness engine will fire briefly but won't stay running computer not reprogrammed at this point any ideas where to look first
phonedawgz

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-14-2012 12:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for phonedawgzClick Here to visit phonedawgz's HomePageSend a Private Message to phonedawgzEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have my prices listed at my website

http://reddevilriver.com

If your engine will fire and run for 2 seconds - that is most likely caused by not having the VATs programmed out of your PCM

BV MotorSports

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-14-2012 12:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BV MotorSportsSend a Private Message to BV MotorSportsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I agree with Timm about the VATS. That guy knows his stuff!
cam-a-lot

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 99
Rate this member

Report this Post11-14-2012 04:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cam-a-lotSend a Private Message to cam-a-lotEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Phonedawgz all the way. Good reputation without all the drama.....

Fastpacefiero87

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-20-2014 06:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fastpacefiero87Click Here to visit Fastpacefiero87's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fastpacefiero87Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I need one built as well
I have a wiring harness and the computer for my engine I can send to you fieroflyer

[This message has been edited by Fastpacefiero87 (edited 01-20-2014).]

fierocarparts

Feedback score:    (66)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-22-2014 12:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierocarpartsSend a Private Message to fierocarpartsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yep, do a search in GFC under vendors names. Also other forums.
FieroCanada

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-22-2014 12:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroCanadaSend a Private Message to FieroCanadaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FIEROFLYER:

A few builders out there other then just the supposed best some with over 8 years experience building harnesses like myself with over 400 built so far and still going. Dan

^
Dan (fiero flyer) is doing my harness!
PFF
System Bot
mitchjl22

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-22-2014 12:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mitchjl22Send a Private Message to mitchjl22Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FIEROFLYER:

Mine started first crank, reply's were quick, and all questions answered!!!! ++++++++++++++ Great builder!!!!
fieroall

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-23-2014 01:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroallSend a Private Message to fieroallEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Mike Gonzalez build my harness and I got the ECM programmed from Ryan (Sinister Performance). 87SE with 3800NA. Started from the first try. My 85SC with a 3800SC and a 4 speed Muncie is getting the harness and ECM from Dan. Their is lots of options out there.

Prices are all in the same ballpark. Around $500

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock