Started on: 04-06-2012 04:04 PM
Replies: 20 (828 views)
Last post by: Big Paul on 10-09-2013 11:14 AM
Fformula88

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 116
Rate this member

Report this Post04-06-2012 04:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fformula88Send a Private Message to Fformula88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have been on the hunt for a non ac heater core. Finally found one, but a lot of places have none, and cannot get them from their distributors. Even had rock auto cancel an order because they have no eta when/if they will get more.

This kind of surprised me. I would not have suspected heater cores getting rare.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Formula88

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 554
Rate this member

Report this Post04-06-2012 04:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Try finding AC heater core hoses.
I'm glad I saved my bad core last time I swapped one out. At least it gives me the option to repair it.
cam-a-lot

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 99
Rate this member

Report this Post04-06-2012 09:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cam-a-lotSend a Private Message to cam-a-lotEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Cores

Not core's

Maybe we need to charge a $1.00 penalty to everyone who uses an apostrophe on plural nouns and send the money to Rodney to develop 88 front bearings.

mattwa

Feedback score:    (41)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 88
Rate this member

Report this Post04-06-2012 10:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mattwaSend a Private Message to mattwaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by cam-a-lot:

Cores

Not core's

Maybe we need to charge a $1.00 penalty to everyone who uses an apostrophe on plural nouns and send the money to Rodney to develop 88 front bearings.

WTF does this have to do with heater cores. Nothing. So YOU are the one that should be penalized.
VikingRedBaron

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-06-2012 10:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for VikingRedBaronSend a Private Message to VikingRedBaronEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Cores

Not core's

Sounds like the spelling and Grammar Police are out again Matt !!!
nitroheadz28

Feedback score:    (26)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post04-06-2012 11:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nitroheadz28Send a Private Message to nitroheadz28Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Cam-a-lot are you serious?

I'd understand if it was some idiot typing like uhalistan, but come on
FieroMontreal

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-06-2012 11:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMontrealSend a Private Message to FieroMontrealEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I used an AC heater core in my Non-AC car earlier this winter. I had to stretch the hoses but it's working and it's still holding up.
jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post04-07-2012 01:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by mattwa:

WTF does this have to do with heater cores. ....

You forgot the question mark...just sayin'

This thread is way off track, so I'll say that I didn't see heater cores becoming rare. That sucks because those things don't last forever.
Fformula88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-07-2012 07:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fformula88Send a Private Message to Fformula88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Cores

Not core's

Excuse me for a typo in the subject line. If you are so perfect that you never make a typo, then you must be God since only He is perfect.

Maybe we should charge everyone a penalty for making off topic posts in threads. Or just rate them accordingly.

[This message has been edited by Fformula88 (edited 04-07-2012).]

cam-a-lot

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 99
Rate this member

Report this Post04-07-2012 08:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cam-a-lotSend a Private Message to cam-a-lotEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My apologies. When someone here makes a mathematical mistake or calls an item the wrong name, it is corrected almost immediately by someone. However, when improper grammar or spelling is used, it is not corrected even at the primary school level anymore. As a result, a large percentage of North Americans use improper grammar and spelling since they don't know any different.

When I write or say something that is incorrect, I appreciate being corrected and don't take it personally. I do realize that others may not feel the same way.

Plural nouns (cars, houses, wheels, etc) never carry an apostrophe, yet a large percentage of the population ignores this basic fact of grammar because no one bothers to correct them.

With that said, I do realize that this is off topic and never should have been posted by me. I again apologize.

In regards to being "perfect like god"... I have yet to see any proof of the existence of our imaginary friend in the sky. If and when I do, I will report back to you on his spelling skills.

Fformula88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-07-2012 09:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fformula88Send a Private Message to Fformula88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Apology accepted. I owe you an apology for being snippy about it.

I got a little cranky about it because your post felt like you were correcting a kindergadener. I am well versed in grammar and spelling, and write as part of my job. Correct use of plural nouns is not a problem.

However, when writing informally on an internet forum such as this one, I am far less likely to heavily review and scrutinize my writing to patch up every potential typo or error. I think of this setting as a way to communicate as if I were speaking, and less as if I was writing for a formal audience. With that in mind, I do not expect critical review of my writing for style, grammar, and punctuation as I would when writing a formal appeal in my job which is going to be reviewed and scrutinized by a lot of people.

So really, to myself and a lot of people, the forum is just a way to informally communicate. There is need in my mind to focus on all the particulars of grammar, punctuation, style, etc.

Yes, the apostrophe is an error in the title. I cannot edit the title to correct it. So it stays there.

It's all good.

PS, none of this changes the fact that heater cores for non-ac equipped cars seem to be getting rare and going out of stock at places.
PFF
System Bot
jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post04-07-2012 02:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fformula88:

PS, none of this changes the fact that heater cores for non-ac equipped cars seem to be getting rare and going out of stock at places.

This is the really sucky part. Thank's for letting us know.

E.Furgal

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 278
User Banned

Report this Post04-07-2012 04:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for E.FurgalSend a Private Message to E.FurgalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
spetra #94499
not all that hard to get.. the local places just don't stock them now the cars are 28y/o
I just got a rite air core.. as we (advanced) didn't have any left..
local napa warehouse had the specra branded one..
I'd think non a/c cars are the odd balls..
Big Paul

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-07-2012 04:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Big PaulSend a Private Message to Big PaulEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I must have been lucky, the first place I went to in town had them in stock...
mickeyswing52

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-07-2012 08:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mickeyswing52Send a Private Message to mickeyswing52Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looks like there are about 40 places that have them on EBAY.
paulmckibben

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 57
Rate this member

Report this Post04-08-2012 01:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for paulmckibbenClick Here to visit paulmckibben's HomePageSend a Private Message to paulmckibbenEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
As of 2008, a company called Ready-Aire had a factory in Mexico that turned out heater cores that fit an air conditioned Fiero. The heater cores were sold under several brand names as follows:

Ready-Aire 398203
Fedco 2-469
NAPA 3310
Four Seasons 94498
Everco 6201
Stant 90203
Murray 279157

Using the above numbers you should be able to locate one without too much problem. Note that these are for Fieros with A/C only.

Paul McKibben
Norcross, GA
fierofool

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post10-08-2013 05:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ready-Aire changed sizes on those cores for cars with air. This is what I got from them today regarding the smaller size heater cores. The company in the link at the bottom might be a good source for non-AC equipped heater cores.

Quote:

I’ve reviewed the specs for our Fiero heater cores and the part was changed to a higher efficiency design in 2006, which caused us to change the core size. I have asked our parts manager to review the design but with the low rate of actual returns to us from the parts stores I’m doubtful any additional changes will be made. I have to point out that a smaller core can be foamed up to size using open cell foam, if Advance doesn’t have any it’s the same type of foam used for weather stripping.

End Quote.

If you don't have an aerosol can of spray insulation foam, you might try Duct Tape or Gorilla Tape.

For the time being, I would recommend ProRad in Dallas Texas. Their cores are copper like the original Harrisons, and they are of the correct size.

http://www.autopartswarehou...-8L/APDI9010186.html
fierogt28

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-08-2013 05:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogt28Send a Private Message to fierogt28Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
BTW, the fiero store sells them. But the A/C heater core is cheaper than the non A/C unit.

I wonder why? There's more material to the heater core for A/C fieros than non A/C.

And, there's a 35$ price gap.
hyperv6

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post10-09-2013 06:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for hyperv6Send a Private Message to hyperv6Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierogt28:

BTW, the fiero store sells them. But the A/C heater core is cheaper than the non A/C unit.

I wonder why? There's more material to the heater core for A/C fieros than non A/C.

And, there's a 35$ price gap.

Odds are the AC units sell in greater volume and can be made and sold cheaper.

AusFiero

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 326
Rate this member

Report this Post10-09-2013 07:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AusFieroClick Here to visit AusFiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to AusFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hmmm just realised when I seen this thread I have 3 new ones in the garage. I have hoarded the strangest of parts, unconsciously.
Big Paul

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-09-2013 11:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Big PaulSend a Private Message to Big PaulEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wow this is an old thread. I almost posted again on it saying that The first auto parts store I went to (O'reilly's) had them in stock at the store! ...Wait a second...
PFF
System Bot

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock