Geo coin by reborngt
Started on: 02-10-2012 06:54 PM
Replies: 36 (773 views)
Last post by: Pyrthian on 07-25-2013 05:08 PM
reborngt

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-10-2012 06:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for reborngtSend a Private Message to reborngtEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Is it just me or isn't it about time for a new fiero geo coin to be produced? Has anyone heard from race?
Max
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Niterrorz

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 132
Rate this member

Report this Post02-10-2012 07:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NiterrorzSend a Private Message to NiterrorzEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
wait they make fiero coins? sweet pictures?
Danyel

Feedback score:    (91)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 171
Rate this member

Report this Post02-10-2012 07:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Niterrorz ....You mean you missed these ???

------------------

My Build Thread
Tylers Toy
K-beck LED Marker Kits for sale

[This message has been edited by Danyel (edited 02-10-2012).]

possumlips

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2012 02:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for possumlipsSend a Private Message to possumlipsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
cool, i got into geocaching in oct. of '11.I'd like some too.was fixing to get some wooden ones but rather go this way.
Niterrorz

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-12-2012 01:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for NiterrorzSend a Private Message to NiterrorzEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Danyel:

Niterrorz ....You mean you missed these ???

OMG those are cool as hell.... how have i not seen these before?
fieroboy_gt

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-12-2012 07:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroboy_gtSend a Private Message to fieroboy_gtEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I always like the geo coins but maybe im slow . Are these just for collecting do they have a pourpose othrr then just being cool.
DL10

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 160
Rate this member

Report this Post02-12-2012 10:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DL10Click Here to visit DL10's HomePageSend a Private Message to DL10Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fieroboy_gt:

I always like the geo coins but maybe im slow . Are these just for collecting do they have a pourpose other then just being cool.

Geo coins with tracking numbers are meant to be placed in Geo caches for other geocachers to find. They then log there finds on Geocaching.com Here is the list of coins I have discovered.
http://www.geocaching.com/profile/

There are thousands of different coins you can buy, some just collect them others sent them out for others to find and move on to other caches.

Here is one of mine that has traveled over 6300 miles and is now in Germany.

http://www.geocaching.com/t...x?id=2573943&page=14
fieroboy_gt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-12-2012 11:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroboy_gtSend a Private Message to fieroboy_gtEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wow thats kinda cool..
IMSA GT

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 252
Rate this member

Report this Post02-12-2012 10:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Not to hijack the thread but these were from the Tyler build. Does anyone need one? I would like to get one of these to someone who needs one.....not someone who already has one:
reborngt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-13-2012 12:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for reborngtSend a Private Message to reborngtEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Pm sent to Imsa Gt
Danyel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-13-2012 12:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I would like to buy one for Tylers WWW website memorabilia.... LMK

Danyel
PFF
System Bot
possumlips

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-13-2012 06:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for possumlipsSend a Private Message to possumlipsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I found a website who makes metal ones but i'd rather buy from a fellow pennocks fiero owner geocacher.Pm me if you do and how much for about 20 as thats how many caches i own and like to drop a coin in.I understand if the order has to be 50 or more.jesse
reborngt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-13-2012 08:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for reborngtSend a Private Message to reborngtEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Can anyone get a hold of race? He is the one that designed the coin. I just thought i would see if we could spark enough interest for race to make another coin
DL10

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 160
Rate this member

Report this Post02-13-2012 10:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DL10Click Here to visit DL10's HomePageSend a Private Message to DL10Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by possumlips:

I found a website who makes metal ones but i'd rather buy from a fellow pennocks fiero owner geocacher.Pm me if you do and how much for about 20 as thats how many caches i own and like to drop a coin in.I understand if the order has to be 50 or more.jesse

The coins are really to nice to use as geocoins as I have lost all of the ones I sent out to bad cachers or mugglers.

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post02-13-2012 01:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by IMSA GT:

Not to hijack the thread but these were from the Tyler build. Does anyone need one? I would like to get one of these to someone who needs one.....not someone who already has one:

I haven't got one of those. I didn't know there were a bunch made.
RACE

Feedback score:    (45)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 157
Rate this member

Report this Post04-07-2012 02:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RACEClick Here to visit RACE's HomePageSend a Private Message to RACEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I just saw this thread. I could be talked into another round.

I'm not sure what the new coin should look like yet but I have a few ideas. What are your thoughts?

------------------
Central Iowa Fieros Central Iowa Fieros - Stie is under construction.

CoolBlue87GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 151
Rate this member

Report this Post04-07-2012 07:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CoolBlue87GTSend a Private Message to CoolBlue87GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Niterrorz:

wait they make fiero coins? sweet pictures?

Here's a bunch.

Hey Race, I do have room for a few more !

[This message has been edited by CoolBlue87GT (edited 04-07-2012).]

reborngt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-08-2012 05:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for reborngtSend a Private Message to reborngtEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Why dont we do one with a tribute to pontiac on one side and fiero on the other.
Danyel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-08-2012 06:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by reborngt:
Why dont we do one with a tribute to pontiac on one side and fiero on the other.

I dont think redesigning one of the coin's sides would be cost affective especially for copyright ...... I think we should do one for the Indy White and Red....

Danyel

------------------

My Build Thread
Tylers Toy

chrishahn87

Feedback score:    (22)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-08-2012 10:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for chrishahn87Send a Private Message to chrishahn87Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What was the last round? Was it the bare metal silver coin?
That was the first, and only coin that I was able to get, I wish I knew about these before that because I would sure love to own one of each that has been made!
If anyone has a spare or two they would like to get rid of send me a pm!

RACE, if you do end up making another batch, I would order three!
Chris
RACE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-08-2012 11:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RACEClick Here to visit RACE's HomePageSend a Private Message to RACEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Danyel is right about making new dies. I would have to send a prototype coin to EMI ans it would be cost prohibitive and possibly wouldn't even be approved without having to pay them. That would put the price out of reach for the average coin buyer. It has been my goal from the start to provide coins at the lowest price possible so that anyone who wants them can afford to own them on any budget.

I will consider the Indy coin. Possibly on a black nickel base coin to preserve the color scheme of the car. I am open to other ideas too.
PFF
System Bot
Hardpact

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-09-2012 07:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for HardpactSend a Private Message to HardpactEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by RACE:
I will consider the Indy coin. Possibly on a black nickel base coin to preserve the color scheme of the car. I am open to other ideas too.

I wanna second that !!! hope i'm still on your email list for these !!!!

Tom~
RACE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-09-2012 10:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RACEClick Here to visit RACE's HomePageSend a Private Message to RACEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I don't think that an Indy coin would be all that flashy but I guess it would be historically significant. I would like to match the red though. I'll see what people think about it.
Danyel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-09-2012 11:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by RACE:

I don't think that an Indy coin would be all that flashy but I guess it would be historically significant. I would like to match the red though. I'll see what people think about it.

I second that
RACE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-09-2012 04:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RACEClick Here to visit RACE's HomePageSend a Private Message to RACEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Im going to borrow IMSA GT's photo.

Basically change the yellow to white with white engraved letters in the rectangle and you have it. Should we make the back side white or red?
Danyel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-09-2012 07:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The Indy is prominently white .... so I say it should be white in the back too... IMHO
Danyel
IMSA GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 252
Rate this member

Report this Post04-09-2012 08:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey guys, just an FYI. I cannot locate the other coins that I have. I have received a lot of emails about the Tyler coin but cannot find the remaining 3 that I have so I cannot hand them out
RACE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-10-2012 12:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RACEClick Here to visit RACE's HomePageSend a Private Message to RACEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

The Indy is prominently white .... so I say it should be white in the back too... IMHO
Danyel

I'm just a little concerned that a black white coin might not look all that good, even with a red ring on the front. If I could find my artwork file I could show you. I should be able to get it when I get to my laptop in Memphis later this week.
pontiackid86

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 344
Rate this member

Report this Post04-10-2012 12:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by IMSA GT:

How much.. i misplaced mine

Fierosmith

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-10-2012 11:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FierosmithSend a Private Message to FierosmithEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Danyel

^^^ I agree with this ... white on the front side, with red trim and I"m thinking it should be black nickel for the base metal.

Race, I'm down with whatever you decide to do. I"m assuming that you will start an official order thread??

Jim

------------------
The only thing more Fun than Driving a Fiero, is Learning how to Work on one...

[This message has been edited by Fierosmith (edited 04-10-2012).]

LT188GT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 100
Rate this member

Report this Post04-12-2012 09:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for LT188GTSend a Private Message to LT188GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
As usual, I am in for two coins.
PFF
System Bot
Danyel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-20-2012 12:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm also in for 3 coins...... Thx Race
------------------

My Build Thread
Tylers Toy

[This message has been edited by Danyel (edited 04-20-2012).]

RACE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-20-2012 01:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RACEClick Here to visit RACE's HomePageSend a Private Message to RACEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ill start a thread to produce the Indy Geocoin and post a link here in a little bit once it is set up. Please make your official quantity and engraving requests on the new page so that I can keep track of everyone's requests more easily.

Here is the link for ordering your Indy Fiero Geocoins.

Edited to fix the link. Thanks

[This message has been edited by RACE (edited 04-20-2012).]

Niterrorz

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-20-2012 04:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NiterrorzSend a Private Message to NiterrorzEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
link doesnt work for me it just takes me back to the general chat lounge
tbone42

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 128
Rate this member

Report this Post04-20-2012 05:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tbone42Send a Private Message to tbone42Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
jimlong67

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-25-2013 10:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jimlong67Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump

------------------
When I read about the evils of drinking.
I gave up reading.
2004 White Sebring Convertible
1986 Black Fiero GT
Kathryn's Welded Metal Artist

Pyrthian

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 342
Rate this member

Report this Post07-25-2013 05:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PyrthianEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fieroboy_gt:

I always like the geo coins but maybe im slow . Are these just for collecting do they have a pourpose othrr then just being cool.

always thought they'd be good material for PFF bets.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock