Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  I am putting together a 24 hours of LeMons team in VA, you want in????? (Page 2)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
I am putting together a 24 hours of LeMons team in VA, you want in????? by Racer_JT
Started on: 01-28-2012 11:37 PM
Replies: 75 (2289 views)
Last post by: tnkgnr on 08-30-2016 08:47 PM
Racer_JT

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2012 09:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Racer_JTSend a Private Message to Racer_JTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am going to try and do a track day may 20 at summit to do a shake down on the car. Any body else planning to make that day?
IP: Logged
Racer_JT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-07-2012 08:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Racer_JTSend a Private Message to Racer_JTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Will

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 237
Rate this member

Report this Post05-08-2012 06:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for WillSend a Private Message to WillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I won't be able to make it... I'll be in Atlanta for drill.
Racer_JT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-08-2012 07:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Racer_JTSend a Private Message to Racer_JTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That sucks for us, but good for everybody else (Country)
FIEROPHREK

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 137
Rate this member

Report this Post05-08-2012 08:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FIEROPHREKSend a Private Message to FIEROPHREKEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey JT, work has thrown a wrench in my plans and i'm not going to be able to race in june. I'm still working on the car. I had to shift fire so to speak because of work. I'm gonna get the car done and ready to run in next years real hoopties of NJ and the capital offence at summit. Hope you guys kick ass out there. Take plenty of videos! I'll see if i can sneek over on the Saturday of the race.

------------------

ARCHIES JUNK IS FASTER THAN SHAUNNA'S JUNK

12.3 is faster than a 13.2

Racer_JT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-08-2012 08:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Racer_JTSend a Private Message to Racer_JTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
NO, We cant loose a Fiero before it even starts.

Really I do understand how that works. Does any of your team want to come and hang out (HELP OUT) with us for the weekend? Also I need a fourth driver??? anybody from yours want to still drive a Fiero??

http://forums.24hoursoflemo...p?pid=148470#p148470
FIEROPHREK

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 137
Rate this member

Report this Post05-11-2012 02:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FIEROPHREKSend a Private Message to FIEROPHREKEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Racer_JT:

NO, We cant loose a Fiero before it even starts.

Really I do understand how that works. Does any of your team want to come and hang out (HELP OUT) with us for the weekend? Also I need a fourth driver??? anybody from yours want to still drive a Fiero??

http://forums.24hoursoflemo...p?pid=148470#p148470

Unfortunantly i was down a driver as well and the three we had (including myself) all work together and are getting boned with this new project. I hope the paychecks are worth putting my life on hold

------------------

ARCHIES JUNK IS FASTER THAN SHAUNNA'S JUNK

12.3 is faster than a 13.2

Racer_JT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-15-2012 09:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Racer_JTSend a Private Message to Racer_JTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I cant believe how hard of a time I am having finding a fourth driver ...... WTF I really thought at least one FIERO FORUM person would want in on this........

http://forums.24hoursoflemo...ewtopic.php?id=16082

http://charlottesville.crai.../cto/3018077538.html

[This message has been edited by Racer_JT (edited 05-15-2012).]

BV MotorSports

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 189
Rate this member

Report this Post05-18-2012 11:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BV MotorSportsSend a Private Message to BV MotorSportsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Jesse, did you ask Garth? Excellent driver and probably has more miles logged racing Fieros than anyone on the east coast.
Silentassassin185

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 93
Rate this member

Report this Post05-19-2012 12:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Silentassassin185Send a Private Message to Silentassassin185Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Man I wish I was closer. Racing in a LeMons or Chumpcar race is on my list of things to do one of these days.
Racer_JT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-13-2013 10:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Racer_JTSend a Private Message to Racer_JTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ok guys and gals. The new season is coming up quick. This are the races that I have applied for We are in the first two already. I do not believe that I will have the car ready for CMP though. So I am looking for people to join the team for helping get the car ready and More important looking for drivers and crew for all the races.

Event Name Date Location
Southern Discomfort Mar 16, 2013 Carolina Motorsports Park, Kershaw SC
There Goes the Neighborhood Apr 6, 2013 Monticello Motor Club, Monticello NY
Loudon Annoying May 11, 2013 New Hampshire Motor Speedway, Loudon NH
Capitol Offense Jun 15, 2013 Summit Point Raceway, Summit Point WV
Real Hoopties of New Jersey Aug 10, 2013 New Jersey Motorsports Park, Millville NJ
LeMons South Fall Sep 21, 2013 Carolina Motorsports Park, Kershaw SC
Halloween Hooptiefest Oct 26, 2013 New Hampshire Motor Speedway, Loudon NH
PFF
System Bot
Racer_JT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-20-2013 04:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Racer_JTSend a Private Message to Racer_JTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks guys for the replies. The CMP for me is not going to happen as I will unfortunately not have time to get the car ready. As far getting ready at this point I just want to do a once over on the motor and trans. rework the exhaust and new brake master. I have got to find new compound pads for these brakes. I also am looking for some new parts to make a big upgrade to the brakes.
Any on please feel free to email me directly or phone.
As much as I would like to make CMP I really am concentrating on getting to Monticello.
Jesse Thomas
Jesse@KissMyTailLights.com

------------------
1986 GT 4.9 4Auto
1988 RaceCar 3.4 DOHC

BV MotorSports

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-22-2013 11:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BV MotorSportsSend a Private Message to BV MotorSportsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey buddy, now that we are moving to NJ, I'll be able to race more often! We need to talk. If you have the car prepared, I am down for the NH race!
Racer_JT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-06-2013 08:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Racer_JTSend a Private Message to Racer_JTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
UPDATE: We are in for Summit Point June 15-17. Looking for 2-3 drivers.......... Who wants in?????

You have to have your own gear, fire suit, helmet, gloves and shoes. You can go cheap on this stuff of about 500. http://store.24hoursoflemon...category/?tag=safety or you can get the better stuff about 750 which I have and is nice. You do not have to buy from that link. If you go direct to Pyrotech you can get it it a little cheaper than through the lemons site. Also found this place even cheaper but dont know much about them http://grm.racingjunk.com/O...Driver-Packages.html

Each of the four drivers will also be responsible for their 1/4 of all the car fees and cost. fees are 1000 and the cost of running the car is estimated at around 1000-1500 for fuel, tires and so on. For this I will keep records to show total cost. So figure 1/4 to be about 650 plus the $250 car entrance fee
So if you have your own fire suit already 800 - 900 per entire weekend

Sorry forgot about the LeMons Licence fee that you must pay yearly of 50 http://registration.24hours...register/type/driver

Check out and let me know what you think.
Racer_JT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-08-2013 09:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Racer_JTSend a Private Message to Racer_JTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
BUMP
PatrickTRoof

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-08-2013 10:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickTRoofSend a Private Message to PatrickTRoofEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I might be able to do it. PM me with details (reg fee, etc).
La fiera

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-08-2013 11:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for La fieraSend a Private Message to La fieraEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I can probably do kershaw. Email me with details. rey@moloonautotecnica.com
Racer_JT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-11-2013 09:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Racer_JTSend a Private Message to Racer_JTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump
Racer_JT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-18-2013 09:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Racer_JTSend a Private Message to Racer_JTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
bump
Racer_JT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-26-2013 08:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Racer_JTSend a Private Message to Racer_JTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am still looking for one more driver
FierOmar

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-01-2013 12:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FierOmarSend a Private Message to FierOmarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by DonP:

If I can join in....... We ran an 88 Formula in a LeMons race a couple months back at Infineon raceway. What a blast. Started out like this

and at the end of ....or rather in the middle of lap two we looked like this

That last photo is after the judges had a bit of fun with paint cans. We are scheduled to run at Infineon again in March. There was another Fiero running out of the S.F. Bay area.
Dont have a picture of his Fiero, but this was the team at tech inspection

Checked the results, and it looks like the car experienced a failure (mechanical or ???), but you still finished six places ahead of the Fiero Libre team who we have seen at Buttonwillow. What happened?

I am on a team that has been reasonably successful in both LeMons and ChumpCar. Most of our efforts have resulted in top 10 (or top 10% when there have been more than 100 entries). We managed to finish first at the ChumpCar 24 hour race which was held at Buttonwillow in April, 2013. Thus far, our weapon of choice has been a Neon.

Having said all that, I have a significant supply of Fieros and parts, and have though about putting a Fiero together for LeMons as it is put in the "C" class. (IMHO, it woulld be nearly impossible to make a competitive Fiero for ChumpCar.)

Anyone else who might be interested? I should add... west coast only. We have traveled as far north as Thunderhill. We would consider Phoenix as well.

------------------
FierOmar

[This message has been edited by FierOmar (edited 06-01-2013).]

PFF
System Bot
Racer_JT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-01-2013 02:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Racer_JTSend a Private Message to Racer_JTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My car runs top of A class. I tried to bribe to get in even b class but judge Phil just laughed at me and said your kidding right
BV MotorSports

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-02-2013 12:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BV MotorSportsSend a Private Message to BV MotorSportsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Watching our footage from Kershaw last year. If the car is ready this time, we will murder it out there!!!! Even with our ignition problems we could pass at will! THIS IS AWESOME!!!!
1fast2m4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-02-2013 10:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 1fast2m4Send a Private Message to 1fast2m4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have no money, so driving for me is out of the question, but I live 30min from summit point, PM me if you need and help crew wise, I got no problem turning a wrench at 3am

------------------
1986 SE 3800SC/4t65eHD (12.871@104.96)
1985 GT 3800SC (swap in progress)

Racer_JT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-13-2013 12:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Racer_JTSend a Private Message to Racer_JTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I didn't see the sheet but the tuner told me 3 Rd gear pull with calc for drive loss 272 hp at crank and 275 tq

dyno run video
disjaukifa

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-12-2013 10:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for disjaukifaSend a Private Message to disjaukifaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I might be interested, when in the next race you are doing? I saw that you needed a driver a couple of weeks ago but I'm closing on my new house money so time and money have been extremely tight. If you are doing another race this fall I might be able to participate.

Thanks
Grant
nitroheadz28

Feedback score:    (26)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post07-12-2013 04:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nitroheadz28Send a Private Message to nitroheadz28Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Are you guys still planning the Aug 10, 2013 New Jersey Motorsports Park, Millville NJ race?

I'd consider heading out there for the weekend/ turn some wrenches if you need extra hands.
Racer_JT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-12-2013 06:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Racer_JTSend a Private Message to Racer_JTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yes we are running nj race. Please cone hangout always enjoy extra hands.

I am looking for drivers for cmp in Sept and new Hampshire in Oct.
Racer_JT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-08-2016 09:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Racer_JTSend a Private Message to Racer_JTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump
LostNotForgotton

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-09-2016 12:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LostNotForgottonClick Here to visit LostNotForgotton's HomePageSend a Private Message to LostNotForgottonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If I wasn't eyeballs deep in shelling out cash for my 3800 project right now I would have been very interested. If you keep up the tradition next year I'll make sure to keep something fun like this in the budget. I've mainly done autocrossing but would love to expand my driving portfolio I'm always looking to race Fiero's.

------------------
87 Fiero GT 3.4 Pushrod with 7730 ECM & DIS
88 MERA #8013
85 Fiero SE with 3.1 pushrod
86 Fiero SE 2.8 stock
=http://www.youtube.com/LostNotForgotton

Chris Hodson

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 54
Rate this member

Report this Post02-12-2016 12:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Chris HodsonSend a Private Message to Chris HodsonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If anyone needs safety gear of any kind shoot me a pm.
PFF
System Bot
Voided

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-19-2016 10:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for VoidedSend a Private Message to VoidedEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am ready to take the plunge as a lemons driver.

I've got a lot of iRacing experience at Summit Point, and I've seen plenty of CMP footage.
I slide and beat the bejesus out of my LS1 Camaro all day and I've read up on a lot of the handling characteristics of the Fiero.

I've been wanting to put together a budget lemons fiero for a long time and at this stage in the game it'd be just as well to run one as a driver.

I'm currently stationed in Camp Lejeune NC, with the Navy. I have 50 days of leave to burn. and I've got enough money to get gear, and the entrance from what I've read so far.

Does anyone want a relatively green competitor, with quite a bit of "sim talent"?
I've come top 5 and runner up - world standing in showroom stock/grand touring in a 180 hp Pontiac solstice in iRacing for 3 consec. seasons.
Voided

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-19-2016 10:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for VoidedSend a Private Message to VoidedEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Voided

178 posts
Member since Jan 2003

Originally posted by Chris Hodson:

If anyone needs safety gear of any kind shoot me a pm.

You have a PM
tnkgnr

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-30-2016 01:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tnkgnrSend a Private Message to tnkgnrEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Are you still doing this? I moved to the Charlottesville area not too long ago, and would love to help.
Racer_JT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-30-2016 05:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Racer_JTSend a Private Message to Racer_JTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have moved to Hurt, VA now but work in C'ville. I have not raced the past two years but I am planning to get car back ready over the winter for next year. The biggest being build a new motor. Also car has sat now for two years so will need to do the once over on whole car to be ready for next year.

I have a good friend who does live in C'ville that just started to build his on car. He started stripping out the Cavalier this past weekend. He would also probably like help??

Send me your contact and I will give you a shout and we can catch up
tnkgnr

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-30-2016 08:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tnkgnrSend a Private Message to tnkgnrEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sounds good, sent you a PM.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock