Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  Thanks to Cliff and the Fiero community (Page 3)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 4 pages long:  1   2   3   4 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Thanks to Cliff and the Fiero community by JCircs
Started on: 11-05-2011 09:31 PM
Replies: 144 (7685 views)
Last post by: JCircs on 07-23-2018 03:55 PM
rennoc442

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-22-2015 09:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rennoc442Send a Private Message to rennoc442Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Beautiful build, this is the direction I want to take my 88gt. Keep us updated! Btw have you looked into the speed daddy headers?
IP: Logged
JCircs

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-23-2015 02:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JCircsSend a Private Message to JCircsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by rennoc442:
Btw have you looked into the speed daddy headers?

I've heard fitment is an issue but corrected with minor modifications. I'm not sure how long they would last without cracking or rusting, if I decide to go with headers I'd probably go with the SS ZZP or TOGs if available.
JCircs

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-22-2015 09:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JCircsSend a Private Message to JCircsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I just wanted to make these videos part of my build so when the Gen V, Northstar and headers are installed we can compair the change in sound.

[This message has been edited by JCircs (edited 04-16-2015).]

JCircs

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-22-2015 06:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JCircsSend a Private Message to JCircsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

JCircs

961 posts
Member since Jan 2011
Mission accomplished, Gen V, Northstar and got Rodney's struts to work WITH a full size intercooler. Not sure if it's been done before but I'm proud of myself.....
This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view.

[This message has been edited by JCircs (edited 08-09-2017).]

TXOPIE

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-23-2015 10:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Jerry...I love it!
Your engines are always done very clean.
Mr Poe is going to be installing the 3.4 turbo into my ReMera very soon.

Let me know if you ever get board with that engine
JCircs

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-26-2015 08:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JCircsSend a Private Message to JCircsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Dyno tuned for the new Gen V and N* throttle body. Now I know why they call the Mustang Dyno the heartbreaker lol, 282/282. He said it was running out of fuel, could be the 42.5 inj or the ep381 pump. I'm curious to see what it runs now with the upgrades.

And the new sound inside the car.

[This message has been edited by JCircs (edited 02-26-2015).]

nosrac

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post02-27-2015 07:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nosracSend a Private Message to nosracEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I don't hear any Whine? Are you upgrading the fuel pump? If you change injectors then you will need to retune. Did they tune with HP tuners?

JCircs

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-27-2015 07:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JCircsSend a Private Message to JCircsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
From what I'm hearing injectors should be fine, I ordered a DW300 pump. Not sure of the program used to tune, the whine is definitely present.
nosrac

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-28-2015 12:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nosracSend a Private Message to nosracEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by JCircs:

From what I'm hearing injectors should be fine, I ordered a DW300 pump. Not sure of the program used to tune, the whine is definitely present.

Do the FP hot wire along with the pump upgrade. Details on GM tuners.

I was at 85% duty cycle on the 42# in my old setup with the ep376 fuel pump. Not sure why the 381 can't keep up.

What are your shift points?
JCircs

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-28-2015 10:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JCircsSend a Private Message to JCircsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by nosrac:

Do the FP hot wire along with the pump upgrade. Details on GM tuners.

I was at 85% duty cycle on the 42# in my old setup with the ep376 fuel pump. Not sure why the 381 can't keep up.

What are your shift points?

Yes I plan on doing the hot wire for fuel pump. I spoke with Zoomer at ZZP today and he said the Green Giant 42.5's are fine with my setup, the ep381 is debatable. So I should be fine with the dw300. What size pulley were you running, and was it a gen v blower?
nosrac

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-01-2015 08:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nosracSend a Private Message to nosracEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Yes I plan on doing the hot wire for fuel pump. I spoke with Zoomer at ZZP today and he said the Green Giant 42.5's are fine with my setup, the ep381 is debatable. So I should be fine with the dw300. What size pulley were you running, and was it a gen v blower?

Ported Gen III and 2.6 pulley.
PFF
System Bot
JCircs

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-01-2015 08:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JCircsSend a Private Message to JCircsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Ported Gen III and 2.6 pulley.

That would demand more fuel then my Gen V 3.0 setup, so as ZZP suggested I'll be fine with the 42.5's.
JCircs

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-16-2015 06:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JCircsSend a Private Message to JCircsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Back at the track again! Having an issue with the automatic transmission, regardless of when the PCM tells it to shift it won't shift at until 6500 rpms while WOT. It feels perfect during regular driving and even feels good wot but just over revving 1-2 and 2-3. I'm loosing time for sure, the XP cam/springs combo I have should max at 6300 and on the dyno ideally it should be shifting at 6k. Still ran a 12.0 @ 112mph Sooooo close to 11's

[This message has been edited by JCircs (edited 05-02-2015).]

JCircs

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-22-2015 06:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JCircsSend a Private Message to JCircsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I thought this was a cool pick from the track the other night. I guess I'm gonna need to go back and buy it

[This message has been edited by JCircs (edited 04-03-2016).]

nosrac

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2015 08:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for nosracSend a Private Message to nosracEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Back at the track again! Having an issue with the automatic transmission, regardless of when the PCM tells it to shift it won't shift at until 6500 rpms while WOT. It feels perfect during regular driving and even feels good wot but just over revving 1-2 and 2-3. I'm loosing time for sure, the XP cam/springs combo I have should max at 6300 and on the dyno ideally it should be shifting at 6k. Still ran a 12.0 @ 112mph Sooooo close to 11's

Shoulda went turbo and you be running 10's an NOT fooling with ooh so close to 11's... lol BUT I know exactly how you feel.
I never ran a 11 and my Turbo project didn't work out as expected. So back to the drawing board 4 me.
There are a few parameters that make it shift such as MPH, and RPM. Your are probably a little off from what the PCM thinks they are due to wheel diameter vs stock GTP.
I usually zero out MPH and shift only on RPM. I had pretty good results with getting the car to shift exactly when I wanted it to. Also, are you running in 3rd and did you up the shift pressure?
What is your AFR at 6500 rpm?

[This message has been edited by nosrac (edited 04-23-2015).]

JCircs

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2015 02:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JCircsSend a Private Message to JCircsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

What is your AFR at 6500 rpm?

I have no clue my eyes were glued to the rpms, I was holding my breath by 6300!!!!

JCircs

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2015 06:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JCircsSend a Private Message to JCircsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Some pictures taken by a friend,

JCircs

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-26-2015 06:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JCircsSend a Private Message to JCircsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My 12.00 @ 113mph run. She just don't wanna do 11's

E.Furgal

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 278
User Banned

Report this Post05-27-2015 03:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for E.FurgalSend a Private Message to E.FurgalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

My 12.00 @ 113mph run. She just don't wanna do 11's

get a few rolls of painters tape and tape up the turn signal holes/ the nose to hood, hood to lights, hood to fenders, deck to 1/4's and it'll go 11's
Steel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-27-2015 03:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SteelSend a Private Message to SteelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by E.Furgal:

get a few rolls of painters tape and tape up the turn signal holes/ the nose to hood, hood to lights, hood to fenders, deck to 1/4's and it'll go 11's

+1 Worked for me to hit 10's with my turbo setup in 2012.

Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post05-27-2015 11:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
12.0 is very a respectable 1/4 mile ET. On a cool day you are definitely in the 11's I've seen guys lose .3-.5 off their times in 90* weather. If this were a cool fall day I'd bet 11.5. If you want to simulate a cold day just throw a DEI cryo cooler on the heat exchanger.
These cryo units eliminate heat exchanger heat soak and dramatically lower the air intake temperature. You can also place a cooler on the CAI tube
http://www.summitracing.com...0Installation%20Kits
The DEI CryO2 system also uses non flammable CO2 ( Carbon Dioxide) an inexpensive gas used in fire extinguishers.
You want 11's you got em!
------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, custom ZZP /Frozen Boost Intercooler setup, 3.4" Pulley, Northstar TB, LS1 MAF, 3" Flotech Afterburner Exhaust, Autolite 104's, MSD wires, Custom CAI, 4T65eHD w. custom axles, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

[This message has been edited by Dennis LaGrua (edited 05-27-2015).]

PFF
System Bot
JCircs

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-21-2015 05:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JCircsSend a Private Message to JCircsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Keeping the thread alive with a new pick from my latest dyno tune adjustment.

[This message has been edited by JCircs (edited 07-21-2015).]

JCircs

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-01-2016 04:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JCircsSend a Private Message to JCircsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Getting ready to start installing the parts I've collected over the winter.
Thunderstruck GT

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 99
Rate this member

Report this Post03-01-2016 04:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Thunderstruck GTSend a Private Message to Thunderstruck GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What were the last dyno numbers?

Can you post a pic of the dyno sheet?
Phirewire

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-01-2016 05:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PhirewireSend a Private Message to PhirewireEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What wheels are you running?
Grantman

Feedback score:    (22)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-01-2016 05:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GrantmanSend a Private Message to GrantmanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
like in turbo parts?

selling the old parts?
JCircs

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-30-2016 08:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JCircsSend a Private Message to JCircsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Progress.

Pretty sneaky, purge solenoid and nitrous controller.

CoolBlue87GT

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 151
Rate this member

Report this Post04-01-2016 08:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CoolBlue87GTSend a Private Message to CoolBlue87GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wow , just Wow !! What a built. Very impressed. Can't believe I missed seeing this since 2011 !!
JCircs

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-03-2016 11:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JCircsSend a Private Message to JCircsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Thunderstruck GT:

What were the last dyno numbers?

Can you post a pic of the dyno sheet?

I don't have the sheet from the last run but it was just about 300/300, Tune Time Performance uses a Mustang dyno that is known for recording very low output numbers and his has a reputation of being even lower then most. For me it's about being able to see how much horsepower each upgrade gains. I think originally it put out 240's with the original upgrades then after the head work, inter cooler cam and stuff it hit near 290/290, then the pulley drop, N* and genV close to the 300/300. I'll be back next week to re tune for the NOS and I'm sure the numbers will be just a tad higher.

Originally posted by Phirewire:

What wheels are you running?

Miro 18x8.5 front and 18x9.5 rear

Originally posted by Grantman:

like in turbo parts?

selling the old parts?

Nah I didn't go with the turbo, maybe in another car. And nothing for sale as of now.

[This message has been edited by JCircs (edited 04-03-2016).]

JCircs

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-03-2016 12:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JCircsSend a Private Message to JCircsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

JCircs

961 posts
Member since Jan 2011

Originally posted by CoolBlue87GT:

Wow , just Wow !! What a built. Very impressed. Can't believe I missed seeing this since 2011 !!

Thank you.
JCircs

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-14-2016 11:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JCircsSend a Private Message to JCircsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I was lucky enough to find a member selling this awesome collection of Corvette C5/C4 brake parts and Fiero brackets! I'm just a few short hours it went from this,

PFF
System Bot
JCircs

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-24-2016 03:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JCircsSend a Private Message to JCircsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I couldn't get good traction off the line, I sprayed after the 1-2 shift and this was the result. I'm left lane #5333 and my boy in his 2016 E63 AMG wagon. I already ordered my drag radials so stay tuned.

[This message has been edited by JCircs (edited 04-24-2016).]

JCircs

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-28-2016 05:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JCircsSend a Private Message to JCircsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Removed the Silverado intake and made a 4" polished aluminum with less aggressive bends.

[This message has been edited by JCircs (edited 04-28-2016).]

LFiero67

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-30-2016 11:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for LFiero67Send a Private Message to LFiero67Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You need to update your time in the 1/4 mile thread! Congrats on the new best!

------------------
10.007 @ 135.54MPH. <-- Video
Best 60' 1.42
Best mph 137.66
Billet 6262 Precision turbo, PT1001 intercooler, ST1 cam, 140lb springs, comp pushrods, HV3, stock L32 bottom end and heads.

Old M90 XP Cam time -
11.425 @115.60
1.543 60'

JCircs

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-22-2016 08:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JCircsSend a Private Message to JCircsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well I got the drag radials I wanted, and yes it got me back on the 1.6 60', but when that N20 kicked in the transmission kicked out. I guess with it being the only part on the drivetrain that hasn't been upgraded it was only a matter of time. It will be 4-5 weeks before I receive the Triple Edge Performance HPS4 transmission.
JCircs

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-11-2016 07:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JCircsSend a Private Message to JCircsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Still waiting for my transmission from Triple Edge Performance, ordered on 6/23. They have been waiting on parts, hopefully it ships out this week.
Australian

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-12-2016 07:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AustralianClick Here to visit Australian's HomePageSend a Private Message to AustralianEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Love this car so clean all the goodies.
JCircs

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-27-2016 07:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JCircsSend a Private Message to JCircsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Finally installed the new Triple Edge Performance fully built 4T65e HPS4+ and a Precision billit torque converter. Also added a new B&M trans cooler. Need to go for a re tune and dyno, can't wait to open this thing up now.

[This message has been edited by JCircs (edited 09-27-2016).]

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post09-29-2016 08:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
JCircs

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-27-2016 09:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JCircsSend a Private Message to JCircsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I think I'm finally happy and willing to accept this as my last and final pass at the track. The car feels great, I could have made the run with 1 finger on the steering wheel, it ran straight as an arrow and smooth as silk. I made the run with street tires and pump gas with a little spray at the top end, well after the 1-2 shift. I know I could have gotten down to 11.30 with my drag radials on considering I was getting consistent 1.6 60' times but I'll take the 1.75 with 11.58, very respectable for a full weight Fiero 3250lbs with me in it. I guess I need a new car to start messing with now......
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 4 pages long:  1   2   3   4 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock