Enterra - Help wanted - information request by Bill Eaton
Started on: 11-01-2011 10:03 AM
Replies: 34 (1673 views)
Last post by: Dennis LaGrua on 03-26-2022 05:13 AM
Bill Eaton

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-01-2011 10:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Bill EatonClick Here to visit Bill Eaton's HomePageSend a Private Message to Bill EatonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Fellow Fiero owners – I am calling upon you for help. However, you do not have to currently own a Fiero to participate.

Have you heard about the Mera? Yes? Well many of us have, maybe we have even seen one or more Meras. Some of you may even own or have owned one or more Mera’s, after all there were over 200 of them produced during 1987 and 1988.

However, how many of you have ever heard about the Enterra? How many of you have even seen an Enterra?

Well, this is why I am calling upon and seeking your help. I am on a quest to document this lesser known segment of Pontiac Fiero history, the car known as The Enterra. It is lesser known as only 38 of them (by best guestimate) were made, most of which will be of the 1985 or 1986 vintage, built for Pontiac by the Enterra Technologies, Ltd company that used to be located in Burnaby, BC, Canada.

If you currently own, or know of someone that owns an Enterra, I would really appreciate hearing from you. My goal is to compile a registry of all the Enterras that still exist. So far I have information in regard to maybe 1/4 of the cars, and I am hoping to learn about and document as many more of these cars as can be located.

If you happen to have pictures of Enterra’s that you are willing to share with me, I would appreciate that as well. If you do send me pictures, I request that you also send me as much info as you can in regard to the pictures (if you have that info). Any leads will be helpful.

Any information will be greatly appreciated. For example I have heard an unsubstantiated rumor that one Enterra was destroyed when the garage it was in burned down; I would like to verify that information. Another example, I have seen pictures on the internet of one that was modified, likely a T-Top version originally and someone removed the center section of the top, so it might now have a Targa type top if any top exists.

So if you can help me on this quest, your assistance will be greatly appreciated.
Please contact me via email: eatonwf@comcast.net

Thank you for your time and consideration.
Bill

All of the above are cars that I know about already, some of which I have documented, others that I will be photographing and documenting next spring. Thanks all.

[This message has been edited by Bill Eaton (edited 11-02-2011).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
TXGOOD

Feedback score:    (58)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 87
Rate this member

Report this Post11-01-2011 10:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TXGOODClick Here to visit TXGOOD's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXGOODEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
There was one at Ruckus 10.
It`s Paul`s (BlackThunderGT) brother from San Antonio but I don`t remember his name.
There are a couple of pictures of it in this thread.

//www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/087166.html

edit: I just looked at the thread above and I guess it`s your old car.

[This message has been edited by TXGOOD (edited 11-01-2011).]

blakeinspace

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 120
Rate this member

Report this Post11-01-2011 10:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blakeinspaceSend a Private Message to blakeinspaceEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
yep... I had this beauty parked at my house just recently. I love the styling...

------------------
<---- did you buy Cliff a beer?
......................................................www.northtexasfieroclub.org

nitroheadz28

Feedback score:    (26)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post11-01-2011 10:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for nitroheadz28Send a Private Message to nitroheadz28Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This is my favorite body to ever be put on a Fiero with the exception of maybe a Madarch or IMSA widebody kit
Bill Eaton

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-01-2011 10:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Bill EatonClick Here to visit Bill Eaton's HomePageSend a Private Message to Bill EatonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yes, that was my car that Paul bought, sold to Dan. I too love the looks and styling of them. One of those in the pictures, the black one is for sale, by the way, if you are interested.
mptighe

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 122
Rate this member

Report this Post11-01-2011 02:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mptigheSend a Private Message to mptigheEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So Bill, did end up selling yours? Is the black one yours too? How much are they/you asking for it?
85SEnochie

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 58
Rate this member

Report this Post11-01-2011 03:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85SEnochieSend a Private Message to 85SEnochieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Still working on getting more info on this one just needs a little TLC

------------------

Love The Excitement! //www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/068738.html

85SEnochie

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 58
Rate this member

Report this Post11-01-2011 04:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85SEnochieSend a Private Message to 85SEnochieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

85SEnochie

2081 posts
Member since Oct 2007
Got info pm sent

------------------

Love The Excitement! //www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/068738.html

Bill Eaton

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-01-2011 05:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Bill EatonClick Here to visit Bill Eaton's HomePageSend a Private Message to Bill EatonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My red Enterra was sold via eBay Motors, it now lives in Ranger, Texas - you will see a picture of it below grouped in a yard with a bunch of other Fieros that participated in the Ruckus 10 event (written up on another post on Pennocks). Paul that bought it via auction, was talked out of it by his brother Dan who is now the owner, with the caveat that Paul gets first dibs on it if/or when Dan might decide to sell it. The white Enterra in my posting that showed up first is my current Enterra, came out of So. California. Believe me, the picture looks a lot better than the car, since that picture was taken while Enterras were still being made. The first black Enterra in my posting is the one that is for sale - currently owned by someone that worked for Enterra when the factory was in business. It was fully restored several years ago, but has been stored outside, so the paint is not perfect anymore. I have personally seen this car, about 2 years ago, it was beautiful (but not for sale then). He mentioned $10K as a figure. He has in excess of $15K invested in making right and restoring. Other than the fact that I have too many Fieros and too little room, if I really wanted an Enterra I would seriously consider that car. But since I already have an Enterra, it is only fair that someone else gets a shot at one too.
ace5514

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-01-2011 08:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ace5514Send a Private Message to ace5514Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
i really like the entera (actually would love one). the only thing i would change is the front bumper where the marker lights mount (should be more rounded) and the rear tail light area (those are too big and dated.
anyway there was a site on the net that i have visited that not only documented these but if i remember correctly was starting a registry or a link to a registry. if i find it again i'll let you know but a vrius forced an eracing of all my memory and favorites.
bjc 350

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-01-2011 10:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bjc 350Send a Private Message to bjc 350Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bill, you have a PM.
PFF
System Bot
RedlinePlus

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-02-2011 07:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RedlinePlusSend a Private Message to RedlinePlusEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Cool lines….

Check out this asking price!

http://www.86enterraviper.com/index.html
motoracer838

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 83
Rate this member

Report this Post11-02-2011 10:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for motoracer838Send a Private Message to motoracer838Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by RedlinePlus:

Cool lines….

ROFLMAO!!!

Joe
Jfrost

Feedback score:    (29)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-02-2011 11:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JfrostSend a Private Message to JfrostEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by motoracer838:

ROFLMAO!!!

Joe

When I saw the asking price I had no idea it would be that high! I had assumed maybe like $30k-$40k, but $535,000?????? Wow!
GADJet

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-02-2011 12:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GADJetSend a Private Message to GADJetEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
535,000??? What a bumcha idiots! I could buy a Lamborghini for half that. What fool would spend that much. I think its a typo. Should be $15,350.00
jaskispyder

Feedback score:    (22)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post11-02-2011 12:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jaskispyderSend a Private Message to jaskispyderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by RedlinePlus:

Cool lines….

The person really doesn't want to sell it.

Bill Eaton

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-02-2011 12:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Bill EatonClick Here to visit Bill Eaton's HomePageSend a Private Message to Bill EatonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
There are two out there that have had total ground up restorations, V-8 engines added, and many changes during the restoration - both of them are quite pricey. $535K and $545K They are also quite beautiful examples of the Enterra likely at its best.

http://www.86enterraviper.com/history.html
http://www.1986viper.com/

Both of these websites are available from : http://www.savethefierofoundation.com/
I agree that the prices seem to be quite high, however if a Saudi prince saw the car and decided he wanted it, they might make a sale, eh? More power to them, if they can make a sale.
However the rest of us poor people will just have to settle for buying what we can afford and go from there.
Bill Eaton

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-19-2012 10:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Bill EatonClick Here to visit Bill Eaton's HomePageSend a Private Message to Bill EatonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thank you everyone for your help, I have been able to locate 2 more as a result of information you sent me.
PS - my Enterra (first one in this thread - although it does not look that good anymore) is being sold tomorrow via eBay so I will no longer own one.
Bill Eaton
Custom2M4

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 114
Rate this member

Report this Post05-19-2012 01:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Custom2M4Send a Private Message to Custom2M4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

http://jalopnik.com/396890/...lassic-enterra-vipre

Some randoms in my searches. Hope this helps any.

------------------

madcurl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post05-19-2012 02:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Any pics of the sail area raised?
mcaanda

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 129
Rate this member

Report this Post05-19-2012 10:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mcaandaSend a Private Message to mcaandaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Picked this up years ago:

--Allen

------------------
Is this where I insert something witty?

PFF
System Bot
Bill Eaton

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-21-2012 03:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Bill EatonClick Here to visit Bill Eaton's HomePageSend a Private Message to Bill EatonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
IF you ever decide to part with that brochure, (and the price is reasonable) I would like to add it to my collection of Enterra information. Thanks
Bill Eaton
Bill Eaton

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-29-2013 08:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Bill EatonClick Here to visit Bill Eaton's HomePageSend a Private Message to Bill EatonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I want to thank everyone that has responded to my request for Enterra information. I have added another to my listing. Someone else has contacted me in regard to wanting to purchase an Enterra - anyone know of one out there that might be for sale? I would be happy to forward the name and email address to someone if they are wanting to sell. Thanks again for your help.
Bill Eaton

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-29-2013 09:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Bill EatonClick Here to visit Bill Eaton's HomePageSend a Private Message to Bill EatonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Bill Eaton

33 posts
Member since Oct 2008
OOPS, I was going to add something to the previous post and forgot. 85SEnochie sent me 3 pictures of a White Enterra (included above in this thread). I know, there are a couple that are white - look for the one with the passenger rear tire going flat. I have since been in contact with the owner - the Original owner of that Enterra and he still owns it and is in the process of restoring it. The interesting part is this is a 1987 Enterra - previously I thought there were only 1985, 1986 and 2 1988 Enterras. Awhile back we discovered the 1984 that has since been sold and moved to Idaho - this history behind that car is interesting too. It has the same body as a 1986, so this was the one that was converted after the fact in order to obtain funds from the owner in support of the Enterra Factory. So, 1 - 1984 (2nd generation body), multiple 1985's and 1986's and at least 2 - 1987's (the owner of the white 1987 said a fellow that worked for him bought another 1987 shortly after he purchased his - and it was red). and of course the 2 - 1988's that were built in Simi Valley, California where they planned to continue building until the demise of the Fiero scuttled those plans.
Bill
olejoedad

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post05-29-2013 10:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Good luck with your project. If this info isnt archived soon it will be lost.

Personally I think they are butt ugly, but they are in interesting foot note to the history of the Fiero.
Bill Eaton

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-29-2013 11:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Bill EatonClick Here to visit Bill Eaton's HomePageSend a Private Message to Bill EatonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks, I agree in regard to the historical significance.

Interesting, it seems that people either love the looks of the Enterra or they hate it. Not many seem to be lukewarm about them.

From a simplistic point of view, they are heavier by a couple hundred pounds with no better power than an original Fiero, so why saddle yourself with one? Like I said above, you either really like the looks or you don't. Now with a SBC installed, that might make a difference. I was only able to drive my 1985 (never had the 1986 on the road) and it used to get lots of looks from passing motorists - sometimes passing and then slowing down to take another look while on the freeway, lots of thumbs up. I very much doubt I will ever have another one, there are just too few of them around, and those that are "for sale" are out of my budget.
Thanks.

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post05-29-2013 02:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Enterra project on the forum
//www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum3/HTML/000134.html
hairballrm

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-12-2014 02:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for hairballrmClick Here to visit hairballrm's HomePageSend a Private Message to hairballrmEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Vipre bump
cause someone needed to do it this year

------------------
"Now you too can see in the dark."
http://projectorretrofit.com/ Please Like me on Facebook

FIERO JOHN-WI

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2022 07:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FIERO JOHN-WISend a Private Message to FIERO JOHN-WIEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If your looking for vintage article on Enterra here you go
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Fi...id=711-127632-2357-0
Patrick

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post02-18-2022 01:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by hairballrm:

Vipre bump
cause someone needed to do it this year

Somehow, seven years(!) were missed since your last bump.

Originally posted by Bill Eaton:

Fellow Fiero owners...

Bill, it's been a long time. If you ever stumble upon this thread again, I hope you're doing well.
exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post02-20-2022 12:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Troyboy’s wife, Lisa, has one.
PFF
System Bot
Bluwolf

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2022 09:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BluwolfSend a Private Message to BluwolfEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have interior from one
Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post02-24-2022 10:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by exoticse:

Troyboy’s wife, Lisa, has one.

I remember those two from Long Island. Troy had a heavily modified Archie built custom V8 Fiero while Lisa had the Enterra restored by V8 Archie. We have not heard from either of them for quite a while and I can't recall that they never had their cars at any of the big Fiero events that I can remember.

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, custom ZZP /Frozen Boost Intercooler setup, 3.4" Pulley, Northstar TB, LS1 MAF, 3" Spintech/Hedman Exhaust, P-log Manifold, Autolite 104's, MSD wires, Custom CAI, 4T65eHD w. custom axles, Champion Radiator, S10 Brake Booster, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

akademikjeanius

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-09-2022 08:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for akademikjeaniusSend a Private Message to akademikjeaniusEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My absolute favorite rebody for our cars (minus the tail lights).

Anyone ever thought about making molds off it?
Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post03-26-2022 05:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The story of the Enterra was on interesting one. It was a Canadian based company who's mission was to market a re-bodied Fiero based vehicle. It was a unique design and they received millions from the Canadian government to start the business. After a year or so it was obvious that they could not get many out the door. This was said to be bad management and poor production capability. Later a guy from Washington State in the USA tried to resurrect the project and it was a failure as well. I believe that there is only something like 52 that were made. As for the styling it is unique but years back IRM made a kit that looked very much like the Enterra.

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, custom ZZP /Frozen Boost Intercooler setup, 3.4" Pulley, Northstar TB, LS1 MAF, 3" Spintech/Hedman Exhaust, P-log Manifold, Autolite 104's, MSD wires, Custom CAI, 4T65eHD w. custom axles, Champion Radiator, S10 Brake Booster, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock