7730 upgrade by fieroluke
Started on: 09-29-2011 01:49 PM
Replies: 14 (1471 views)
Last post by: JCircs on 10-15-2014 04:35 PM
fieroluke

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-29-2011 01:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierolukeClick Here to visit fieroluke's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierolukeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm curious as to how many people have done the 7730 update and what other changes have been done to the engine (stock V6 vs. DIS or even different blocks/intakes etc.)
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
germangt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-04-2012 10:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for germangtSend a Private Message to germangtEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump,

I´m also interested in this Question. Has really nobody done this before? ;-)
mattwa

Feedback score:    (41)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 88
Rate this member

Report this Post06-04-2012 11:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mattwaSend a Private Message to mattwaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Darth Fiero's thread on this topic.
//www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum3/HTML/000088.html
fierofool

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post06-04-2012 01:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Should you decide to go with the 7730 ECM, the Georgia Fiero Club sells DarthFiero's EGR adapter plate. It's needed to install the digital EGR valve.

www.GaFiero.org in the Club Merchandise section
lou_dias

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 67
Rate this member

Report this Post06-06-2012 12:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for lou_diasSend a Private Message to lou_diasEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I was using a 3400 block so when I did the conversion, I used DIS.
phonedawgz

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 290
Rate this member

Report this Post06-06-2012 05:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for phonedawgzClick Here to visit phonedawgz's HomePageSend a Private Message to phonedawgzEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
2.8 Stock (mild cam) & distributor & 7730 swap
fotofrank

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-06-2012 05:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fotofrankClick Here to visit fotofrank's HomePageSend a Private Message to fotofrankEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Just what does this mean? An advantage to using the 7730 ECM in a Fiero application is the drivability and response time of the engine improved significantly. Just what is sirnificantly mean. Throttle responce? Faster? Better MPG? Easier starting?
zmcdonal

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-06-2012 05:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for zmcdonalSend a Private Message to zmcdonalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My 87 is running the 7730 swap. Rebuilt blueprinted and balanced 2.8 with a mild cam, 350 springs, high flow SS valves, larger injectors, ported heads, intake, throttle body, and exhaust, with a 4 speed automatic.
ConvictedRedneck

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-06-2012 05:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ConvictedRedneckSend a Private Message to ConvictedRedneckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Turbo'ed 2.8, converted to DIS with custom crank sensor, running modified (by Darth Fiero) $8f on the 7730.
1MohrFiero

Feedback score:    (37)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 157
Rate this member

Report this Post10-12-2014 11:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 1MohrFieroSend a Private Message to 1MohrFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Reviving this thread because surely there is more input now.

------------------

fierosound

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 286
Rate this member

Report this Post10-12-2014 12:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierosoundClick Here to visit fierosound's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierosoundEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
For ANY ECM swap - if you can't get the tune right, you may be worse off than before.

------------------
Calgary time/temp

3.4L Supercharged 87 GT Click me
Super Duty 4 Indy #163 Click me

[This message has been edited by fierosound (edited 10-12-2014).]

PFF
System Bot
1MohrFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-13-2014 07:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 1MohrFieroSend a Private Message to 1MohrFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump for more
Spoon

Feedback score:    (16)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 61
Rate this member

Report this Post10-13-2014 06:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SpoonSend a Private Message to SpoonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have all the parts needed for the 7730 & DIS conversion. Only problem is I need the harmonic balancer machined with slots to trigger my homemade crank sensor setup. No machine shop wants to bother with such a small job. My engine is an 86. I think "ConvictedRedneck" had a similar delima and resorted to using a #8 ba$tard file to cut the slots.

I heard there's a motor-head machine shop about 30 miles from me that would be glad to look at the spec's I need and do the machining. Other than that I have everything sitting in a box ready to begin. Should be a nice winter project.

Spoon

------------------
"Kilgore Trout once wrote a short story which was a dialogue between two pieces of yeast. They were discussing the possible purposes of life as they ate sugar and suffocated in their own excrement. Because of their limited intelligence, they never came close to guessing that they were making champagne." - Kurt Vonnegut

1MohrFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-15-2014 07:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 1MohrFieroSend a Private Message to 1MohrFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have collected all the parts to do the DIS upgrade or restore(?) on my 3.4L. I'm just curious about how many otherstudents have been done.
JCircs

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-15-2014 04:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JCircsSend a Private Message to JCircsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I did it on my 3.4 turbo, I also used DIS. Tuned by Darth.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock