The understanding wife project by 88lambofiero
Started on: 08-31-2011 11:11 PM
Replies: 51 (2717 views)
Last post by: 88lambofiero on 03-03-2015 09:51 PM
88lambofiero

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-31-2011 11:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 88lambofieroSend a Private Message to 88lambofieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This project is three years in the making. The first time I met Dean (Whodeanie's) at the dell's, my friend and I helped him unload Clayton's car. We talked in the parking lot and a friendship was made. After I got to drive Clayton's 383 monster I was hooked. My wife said no, well I don't like to listen. The next year at the dell's he brought a car he had modded and I talked with him at a dinner we all went to, we discussed for hours about the mods he has done and what else he could do. My wife just knew what was coming. This last year I have gotten a 3800 SC motor and some other parts. The wife saw a car at a local show with a choptop, she said that is cool and I had to do that. You don't say that to a Fiero fanatic, you give us a inch we take a mile! Over the past year, I was on the phone and emails with Dean talking price and time frames. We came up with a price. I said I guess it is time to talk to the wife, after some begging and pleading she said that will be fine but I owe her my life. So we took the car to GA mid August. The car is set to have a choptop, widebody and motor but Dean is going to put his twist on it. LET THE FUN BEGIN

First blood

Taillights from a lamborghini reventon kit set there just for fun looks good

Rims I hope the wife lets me get

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
GADJet

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-01-2011 12:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GADJetSend a Private Message to GADJetEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Your one lucky fella and I am watching this! Congrats.
weaselbeak

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 76
Rate this member

Report this Post09-01-2011 11:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for weaselbeakSend a Private Message to weaselbeakEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
'Tis better to beg forgiveness than to ask for permission. Just do it.
BlackThunderGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-01-2011 12:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlackThunderGTSend a Private Message to BlackThunderGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Welcome to the Whodeanie Club!

When I took my car to Dean I was going to do my car in stages, stage one was 3800SC swap and chop top. So Dean and I are working out the details and my wife says “I thought you wanted a wide body” …. Of course I am trying to spread my build over several years so not to shock the wife at the total cost. My wife is great, her logic is why not just get it all done and build it the way you want it now. I love my wife! Also for my birthday (August) she gave me the go ahead to get a Ford Raptor, but I just could not justify it. So instead I bought a Tundra… it’s really nice with all the bells and whistles except the navigation and built in Texas by Texans. Did I mention I love my wife

exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post09-01-2011 12:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Welcome to the choptop, widebody, lambo door club !
88lambofiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-04-2011 06:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 88lambofieroSend a Private Message to 88lambofieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I just can't wait for june
88lambofiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-14-2011 10:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 88lambofieroSend a Private Message to 88lambofieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Updates soon!!!
88lambofiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-14-2011 10:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 88lambofieroSend a Private Message to 88lambofieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

88lambofiero

258 posts
Member since Jun 2008
New parts yyyyyyyaaaaaaahhhhhooooo

SCCA FIERO

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 93
Rate this member

Report this Post09-15-2011 03:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SCCA FIEROSend a Private Message to SCCA FIEROEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You have vertical door hinges and $10 seat covers?
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-15-2011 12:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by SCCA FIERO:

You have vertical door hinges and $10 seat covers?

Hey you have to take it one step at a time. Interior is usually the last thing people tend to address on a project.

That would defiantly be my last priority.

GADJet

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-15-2011 01:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GADJetSend a Private Message to GADJetEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
MadArch kit?
PFF
System Bot
sprnt96

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-15-2011 02:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sprnt96Send a Private Message to sprnt96Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That ,and I think Jesse is better at building Lambo door kits than he is doing upholstery
88lambofiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-15-2011 08:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 88lambofieroSend a Private Message to 88lambofieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by sprnt96:

That ,and I think Jesse is better at building Lambo door kits than he is doing upholstery

That is true. It's easy to have lambo doors when you manufacturer them.

Jfrost

Feedback score:    (29)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-16-2011 01:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JfrostSend a Private Message to JfrostEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looks like a great project! I'm looking forward to seeing more updates from this.
pegasus1848

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-21-2011 11:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pegasus1848Send a Private Message to pegasus1848Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I think it is going to look very cool.
And I will be watching with great interest how the roof part works out.

------------------

88lambofiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-14-2011 12:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 88lambofieroSend a Private Message to 88lambofieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
More updates.

April thinks my car looks like a frog!
GADJet

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-14-2011 02:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GADJetSend a Private Message to GADJetEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 88lambofiero:
April thinks my car looks like a frog!

I do too after looking at those eyes. In fact, I thought that from the original post with it on the lift.
whodeanie

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 120
Rate this member

Report this Post10-18-2011 07:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
we got the frame part of the chop done now. it is all welded and seam sealed back up.
now on to the fiberglass parts.

Jessie, did not belive me that I taught April how to weld and let her weld the top back on so I had to send this pic for him
LOL!
this girl Rocks!!!!!!!! anything I show her she can do and most times better than the guys
D.

BlackThunderGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-18-2011 03:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlackThunderGTSend a Private Message to BlackThunderGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by whodeanie:

this girl Rocks!!!!!!!! anything I show her she can do and most times better than the guys
D.

redraif

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-18-2011 04:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for redraifSend a Private Message to redraifEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

we got the frame part of the chop done now. it is all welded and seam sealed back up.
now on to the fiberglass parts.

Jessie, did not belive me that I taught April how to weld and let her weld the top back on so I had to send this pic for him
LOL!
D.

I'm so jealous... That is one of the things I never got to try that I REALLY wanted to learn, that and paint with a REAL gun and compressor. I'm an expert with a rattle can... LOL! My ex, I get the feeling, did not want me to be able to anything alone, without him, on the car... That is part of why he is my ex...

Just cause I'm a girl does not mean I'm not capable... Got the Mustang and Fiero to prove girls can do it too!

Can't wait to see how things progress on the Build... I SOOOO want to go with a chop! UGH! $$$$

[This message has been edited by redraif (edited 10-18-2011).]

whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-19-2011 07:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I love the fact that she is willing to learn and get dirty in the shop. I am not a sexest
D.
PFF
System Bot
88lambofiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-22-2011 10:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 88lambofieroSend a Private Message to 88lambofieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
New body starts

donnie072003

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-23-2011 07:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for donnie072003Click Here to visit donnie072003's HomePageSend a Private Message to donnie072003Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Is that a second roof section sitting on top of the car?? Looking good by the way. Wish I could have Dean do this for me.
88lambofiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-25-2011 11:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 88lambofieroSend a Private Message to 88lambofieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by donnie072003:

Is that a second roof section sitting on top of the car?? Looking good by the way. Wish I could have Dean do this for me.

Thank you and Yes it is
88lambofiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-25-2011 11:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 88lambofieroSend a Private Message to 88lambofieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

88lambofiero

258 posts
Member since Jun 2008
Just a little more work. door cap and roof panel
Khw

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 134
Rate this member

Report this Post10-26-2011 12:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KhwSend a Private Message to KhwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

No gloves? Holy... Or is that a plasma cutter?

[This message has been edited by Khw (edited 10-26-2011).]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post10-26-2011 12:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 88lambofiero:

Just a little more work. door cap and roof panel

Nice. So let me get this straight. This is your wife's chop top? If so, there is cause for celebration. She'll be the first women to own a choptop, MadArch widebody, & Lambo door owner!

------------------

"Friends don't let their friends drive stock."

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-26-2011 10:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

No, it is called that because his wife is understanding in allowing him to go forward with his project.

88lambofiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-26-2011 11:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 88lambofieroSend a Private Message to 88lambofieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by exoticse:
No, it is called that because his wife is understanding in allowing him to go forward with his project.

That's right the choptop is her idea. everything else is mine. Well she told me I had to do the choptop.

whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-01-2011 09:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just got the rear bumper and front fenders from Archie today so we will get those going and try to get pics of the car later this week.
D.
88lambofiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-15-2011 12:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 88lambofieroSend a Private Message to 88lambofieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump!!! Updates soon!!!
PFF
System Bot
whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-02-2011 10:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
got the motor rebuilt and back together.
we installed new bearings, oil pump, and gaskets as well as a new cam and 105 lb springs. we tuched up the paint and rebuilt it so it is ready to go in the car soon.
the body work is a little slower due to rain and open motors in the shop.
once we get the motors moved into the cars or the store room we will get back on body work.

KEV

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 82
Rate this member

Report this Post12-02-2011 11:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KEVSend a Private Message to KEVEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looks good! can't wait to see it in the car and see the car done..only 6 months away Jesse
88lambofiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-22-2012 11:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 88lambofieroSend a Private Message to 88lambofieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
UPDATES SOON
Big Paul

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-22-2012 02:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Big PaulSend a Private Message to Big PaulEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I better see this car driving around Iowa this summer :P
88lambofiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-22-2012 05:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 88lambofieroSend a Private Message to 88lambofieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You will and at a very fast rate of speed
88lambofiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-26-2012 10:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 88lambofieroSend a Private Message to 88lambofieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Dean said work will start back up soon. updates coming
84fierored

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-10-2012 12:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fieroredClick Here to visit 84fierored's HomePageSend a Private Message to 84fieroredEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I call shotgun when we pick it up at the dells jesse!
tbone42

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 128
Rate this member

Report this Post04-10-2012 12:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tbone42Send a Private Message to tbone42Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Big fan of Dean's work, looking great already.

Best thread title ever for a build.

[This message has been edited by tbone42 (edited 04-10-2012).]

88lambofiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-14-2012 07:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 88lambofieroSend a Private Message to 88lambofieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Updates soon sorry for the delay. You can't rush a artist.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock