The second Lizardo built. by JimmyS
Started on: 08-28-2011 07:01 PM
Replies: 70 (4255 views)
Last post by: jwct7 on 09-29-2014 02:32 PM
GADJet

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-31-2011 10:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GADJetSend a Private Message to GADJetEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FieroG97J:

Yeah, yeah, yeah, but I want to see it in Brittish Racing Green

My photoshop skills SUCK but here is the best I could do without getting into a lot of detail.

EDIT: BTW... I own this page!

[This message has been edited by GADJet (edited 08-31-2011).]

IP: Logged
JimmyS

Feedback score:    (31)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 124
Rate this member

Report this Post08-31-2011 01:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JimmySClick Here to visit JimmyS's HomePageSend a Private Message to JimmySEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierosound:

Sharp! Just needs some nice pics with a less distracting background.

I will get some good pics once the car is completely finished. Refer to these pica as "A Diamond in the Rough".
fieroboy_gt

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-31-2011 03:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroboy_gtSend a Private Message to fieroboy_gtEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
How hard would it be u think to make a hatchback option :S
JimmyS

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-31-2011 04:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JimmySClick Here to visit JimmyS's HomePageSend a Private Message to JimmySEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fieroboy_gt:

How hard would it be u think to make a hatchback option :S

Anything is possible if you have enough cash to spend.
GADJet

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-31-2011 05:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GADJetSend a Private Message to GADJetEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by JimmyS:

Anything is possible if you have enough cash to spend.

I like his thought process! LOL
JohnWPB

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post08-31-2011 07:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Tomski:

So if I asked to see it in neon pink with a machine-gun wielding dolphin driving being chased by a bear you answer would be....

Well that, would be totally and absolutely ridiculous.... I see no reason to even conciser trying to figure out something like that! Wow.....
But, then again

JimmyS

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-01-2011 01:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JimmySClick Here to visit JimmyS's HomePageSend a Private Message to JimmySEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looks like the bear is going for the gashole.
FieroG97J

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-01-2011 08:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroG97JSend a Private Message to FieroG97JEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Is this the thread from hell? How does one unsubscribe? There is no "unsubscribe" option at the top of the page where it should be. Clifford? Are you being cute?
Synthesis

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post09-01-2011 08:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Is that bear CHASING or RAPING that car?!

Originally posted by FieroG97J:

Is this the thread from hell? How does one unsubscribe? There is no "unsubscribe" option at the top of the page where it should be. Clifford? Are you being cute?

At the top of the thread. "Unsubscribe from Topic"

[This message has been edited by Synthesis (edited 09-01-2011).]

FieroG97J

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-01-2011 08:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroG97JSend a Private Message to FieroG97JEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nevermind, the ink finally came back on.
Mikitcarman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-21-2012 08:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MikitcarmanSend a Private Message to MikitcarmanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fieroboy_gt:

Do u think a set of vertical doors would work with this kit.

PFF
System Bot
Mikitcarman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-21-2012 09:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MikitcarmanSend a Private Message to MikitcarmanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Mikitcarman

54 posts
Member since Aug 2011
I thought I'd put in my two cents about the vertical doors on the Lizardo kit.

I had vertical doors on my last kit car. The way the hinge worked, it popped out to unlatched, then it pivoted up. On the Lizardo kit, Dan designed the doors so they tuck slightly under the front fenders. This design makes the car look very nice from a side view, so there is no strait pass-through seam on the front of the doors. My concern would be the door may hit on the inside of the front fender when the vertical door opens and pivots up to operate. I'm building the Lizardo kit now, but I'm not planning to add the vertical doors. My input would be that Dan and Jim have been very helpful with answers to my questions while I have been building my car. I'm sure they would assist anyone that would try to add vertical hinges to the car.
JimmyS

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-21-2013 02:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JimmySClick Here to visit JimmyS's HomePageSend a Private Message to JimmySEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just a few cell phone pics I snagged while up at the shop yesterday. Putting on the finishing touches.

JohnWPB

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post07-21-2013 03:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have never really liked white cars..... This one however, seems to be changing my mind! That car looks stunning. Thank God they opted for a custom interior! As someone said earlier and I agree, you see a gorgeous kit car, then you see the interior and it "burns your eyes out"

[This message has been edited by JohnWPB (edited 07-21-2013).]

rbell2915

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-21-2013 08:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rbell2915Send a Private Message to rbell2915Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Oh my gosh that car is beautiful.
exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2013 02:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

A little confused, is this the yellow car ? Or is the yellow the first and this the second ?
IwannaIRM

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 58
Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2013 02:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for IwannaIRMSend a Private Message to IwannaIRMEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm with exoticse on this one.

I'm confused as well. The whole first page shows a completed yellow Leezardo which we would assume is the second one built and now on page two you have a completely different Leezardo that is white and red with a 3.8scII.

So is the white one number 3 or is it number 2 modified?

Which one is number one? Who's on first?
RumbleB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2013 12:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RumbleBSend a Private Message to RumbleBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Ok. Sorry to butt in here. But is there any more info on that dash. I like it.

Thanks!
carbon

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 132
Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2013 02:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for carbonSend a Private Message to carbonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

fierogtlt1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2013 02:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogtlt1Send a Private Message to fierogtlt1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by RumbleB:

Ok. Sorry to butt in here. But is there any more info on that dash. I like it.

Thanks!

Looks like a last generation Toyota Celica dash to me.

rbell2915

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2013 07:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rbell2915Send a Private Message to rbell2915Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
looks like a match
PFF
System Bot
JimmyS

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2013 11:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JimmySClick Here to visit JimmyS's HomePageSend a Private Message to JimmySEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by IwannaIRM:

I'm with exoticse on this one.

I'm confused as well. The whole first page shows a completed yellow Leezardo which we would assume is the second one built and now on page two you have a completely different Leezardo that is white and red with a 3.8scII.

So is the white one number 3 or is it number 2 modified?

Which one is number one? Who's on first?

OK LOL Sorry for the confusion.

The pics I just posted are actually of #1 (Silver one). The car has now had a motor swap 3800SC, been repainted, New rear wing and wheels. The dash is also new and it is a Celica dash.

The yellow one is still yellow and is #2. #3 is still being built by the owner and is in Michigan.

omninate

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-26-2014 12:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for omninateClick Here to visit omninate's HomePageSend a Private Message to omninateEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by JohnWPB:
NO this is not the start of "I want to see it in xxxxx color" post

I've been contemplating doing a Lizardo build and was playing with colors, too. I put a really rough tool together online if anyone is interested. It's not perfect, but it gives an idea of what things could look like.

http://www.nathanbittinger.com/lizardo/colors.html (just click the "Select a Color" box in the upper-left of the photo)

[This message has been edited by omninate (edited 09-26-2014).]

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post09-26-2014 02:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by omninate:

I've been contemplating doing a Lizardo build and was playing with colors, too. I put a really rough tool together online if anyone is interested. It's not perfect, but it gives an idea of what things could look like.

http://www.nathanbittinger.com/lizardo/colors.html (just click the "Select a Color" box in the upper-left of the photo)

Very cool, can you do that with a stock Fiero?

[This message has been edited by 2.5 (edited 09-26-2014).]

omninate

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-28-2014 12:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for omninateClick Here to visit omninate's HomePageSend a Private Message to omninateEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yeah, I should be able to! I'll post it when I am finished.
Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post09-28-2014 01:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
see below

[This message has been edited by Dennis LaGrua (edited 09-28-2014).]

Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post09-28-2014 01:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Dennis LaGrua

15145 posts
Member since May 2000
Nice styling. Very pleasant lines and a plus is that the frame doesn't need to be stretched. The Lizardo is not just another Lambo rebody but a completely new modern body style. I really like it but the cost and assembly time is out of reach for my situation. Kits like this take loads of time to fit and complete properly and the $49,900 price tag (turnkey) has the car priced the same as a Mercedes, Corvette or BMW exotic

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, custom ZZP /Frozen Boost Intercooler setup, 3.4" Pulley, Powerlog manifold, Northstar TB, LS1 MAF, 3" Flotech Afterburner Exhaust, Autolite 104's, MSD wires, Custom CAI, 4T65eHD w. custom axles, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

Nate9900

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-28-2014 05:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Nate9900Send a Private Message to Nate9900Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The Celica interior looks great. Is there a build thread for this car? I'm wondering how difficult of a swap this is?

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post09-29-2014 09:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by omninate:

Yeah, I should be able to! I'll post it when I am finished.

Nice. Yeah I'd say post it in its own thread
omninate

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-29-2014 02:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for omninateClick Here to visit omninate's HomePageSend a Private Message to omninateEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Nate9900:

Is there a build thread for this car? I'm wondering how difficult of a swap this is?

There is a build thread, but it is for MiKitCarMan's build - it's here: https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/086784.html

jwct7

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-29-2014 02:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jwct7Send a Private Message to jwct7Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That's a nice looking car.. very edgy!
PFF
System Bot
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave