Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  My First Fiero Build with @ClubDana and @FIEROSMIGLA... (Page 1)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 4 pages long:  1   2   3   4 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
My First Fiero Build with @ClubDana and @FIEROSMIGLA... by repnblvd
Started on: 08-03-2011 06:53 PM
Replies: 145 (9029 views)
Last post by: repnblvd on 07-28-2015 10:53 PM
repnblvd

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-03-2011 06:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for repnblvdSend a Private Message to repnblvdEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This is the story of my first build. I have lost track of how many cars were sacrificed to the Fiero Gods, but may they all rest in pieces. The journey began some 2 years ago thanks to @ClubDana. Somewhere along the way we came across master builder of Fieros, @FIEROSMIGLA. It has only been with his help that I finally began the build 2 years in the making. We are about 1 month in since deciding which car would be the basis for the build. The frame, engine, tranny, and interior that we are building on is the car that has become known in our circle as the "rolled car". It is our understanding that this car was rebuilt about 3-4 years ago for the daughter of a mid level exec at GM. She had the car for all of 2 months before rolling at a low speed off of some sort of embankment. Now that you know the back story... Here we go...

------------------
-Repblvd

85 Fiero GT converted to 86/87 Fastback GT

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post08-03-2011 07:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

If Ron is involved, i can't wait to see this one !

That guy does nothing but the best. His cars are impeccable.
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-04-2011 05:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

pics ?
FIEROSMIGLA

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-16-2011 06:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FIEROSMIGLASend a Private Message to FIEROSMIGLAEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by exoticse:
pics ?

I plan to help him get some pics up by the weekend this will be one nice car .

[This message has been edited by FIEROSMIGLA (edited 08-16-2011).]

repnblvd

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-17-2011 12:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for repnblvdSend a Private Message to repnblvdEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just sent @FIEROSMIGLA an email with pics of the "Rolled Car", "Donor Car", and The "Build Car". Thanks to Ron needing to buy a Gold GT that is showroom clean, I have now inherited a Super Clean 86 GT to put the "Kona Blue" (google it) body onto. Hopefully we can get to it this weekend. (fingers crossed).

------------------
-Repblvd

85 Fiero GT converted to 86/87 Fastback GT

FIEROSMIGLA

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-19-2011 12:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FIEROSMIGLASend a Private Message to FIEROSMIGLAEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by repnblvd:

Just sent @FIEROSMIGLA an email with pics of the "Rolled Car", "Donor Car", and The "Build Car". Thanks to Ron needing to buy a Gold GT that is showroom clean, I have now inherited a Super Clean 86 GT to put the "Kona Blue" (google it) body onto. Hopefully we can get to it this weekend. (fingers crossed).

Here we go some pics

The donar car body panels will be going on the Black car they are painted blue

Pics after I stripped it

The black Car I sold Sam this is the car that will be Blue the frame is spotless

My new 30,000 mile 87 GT beside Sams GT

I will be posting pics of the painted panels soon.

Basically stripping the red car painting the panels Blue they will go on the black car and we are fixing a 85 GT that rolled over with sold roof and coverting that to a fastback .

And if you were wondering about what Car I built last year its this one.

------------------
1987 FIERO GT CHOP TOP
1987 FIERO GT GOLD
2011 CORVETTE GRAND SPORT
2007 JEEP WRANGLER 4 DOOR
2006 MERCEDES SLK

FIEROSMIGLA

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-19-2011 01:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FIEROSMIGLASend a Private Message to FIEROSMIGLAEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

FIEROSMIGLA

324 posts
Member since Nov 2008

The new blue paint I fogot I had some pics my buddy Scotts paint work is incredible he did the chop .

The rolled over 85 GT

Anyone want to buy a clean straight 86 GT frame with running motor no body panels auto this is it, rear clip and roof will be used on 85 rollover car.

------------------
1987 FIERO GT CHOP TOP
1987 FIERO GT GOLD
2006 MERCEDES SLK

repnblvd

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-19-2011 06:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for repnblvdSend a Private Message to repnblvdEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I CANT WAIT TO PUT IT TOGETHER THIS WEEKEND!!!

------------------
-Repblvd

'85 Fiero GT converted to 86/87 Fastback GT
'86 Fiero GT

FIEROSMIGLA

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-19-2011 08:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FIEROSMIGLASend a Private Message to FIEROSMIGLAEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I CANT WAIT TO PUT IT TOGETHER THIS WEEKEND!!!

I can't wait to see it together !!!!

------------------
1987 FIERO GT CHOP TOP
1987 FIERO GT GOLD
2006 MERCEDES SLK

ConvictedRedneck

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-19-2011 08:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ConvictedRedneckSend a Private Message to ConvictedRedneckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Holy Details on last years build?! What are those rims? That thing is gorgeous. Really looking forward to following this one!
FIEROSMIGLA

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-19-2011 09:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FIEROSMIGLASend a Private Message to FIEROSMIGLAEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ConvictedRedneck:

Holy Details on last years build?! What are those rims? That thing is gorgeous. Really looking forward to following this one!

19" Privat those are going on my 30,000 mile 87 getting something better for chop trust me SAMs Gt will be sweet . Lots of work but well worth the time.

------------------
1987 FIERO GT CHOP TOP
1987 FIERO GT GOLD
2006 MERCEDES SLK

PFF
System Bot
chriswf

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-19-2011 09:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for chriswfSend a Private Message to chriswfEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FIEROSMIGLA:

19" Privat those are going on my 30,000 mile 87 getting something better for chop trust me SAMs Gt will be sweet . Lots of work but well worth the time.

https://images.fiero.nl/2011/show4.jpg
Where is the build for this car?
That looks, so sweet.
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-19-2011 11:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by chriswf:

https://images.fiero.nl/2011/show4.jpg
Where is the build for this car?
That looks, so sweet.

Here ya go.

https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/082162.html
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-21-2011 01:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

repnblvd

what ki?nd of wheels you going with ?
repnblvd

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-23-2011 01:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for repnblvdSend a Private Message to repnblvdEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'd like to do staggered. I'm trying to find a wheel that looks like it would come factory on a Ferrari or a Lambo. Something simple that "fits" the car. I plan on a 2 inch drop and 20" all the way around. Having trouble finding what I need. My buddy is a manager at discount tire and I get a major hook-up. I'm 99% sure I'm going to have to re-drill to 5 on 114.3 to have any chance of wheels that I am looking at. p.s. we got the Kona Blue front bumper, hood, rear bumper and clip on. I'm lookin pretty ghetto right now with no ground effects or rear lowers or rear sails as well as half my interior being out. OH WELL... should all be done by monday. (fingers crossed). pics soon...

------------------
-Repnblvd

'86 Fiero GT

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-23-2011 01:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

just to give you an idea, there is a guy in the Fiero club that has 20's all the way around.

You can see it in person if you make it out to the next meeting.

FIEROSMIGLA

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-25-2011 06:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FIEROSMIGLASend a Private Message to FIEROSMIGLAEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I'd like to do staggered. I'm trying to find a wheel that looks like it would come factory on a Ferrari or a Lambo. Something simple that "fits" the car. I plan on a 2 inch drop and 20" all the way around. Having trouble finding what I need. My buddy is a manager at discount tire and I get a major hook-up. I'm 99% sure I'm going to have to re-drill to 5 on 114.3 to have any chance of wheels that I am looking at. p.s. we got the Kona Blue front bumper, hood, rear bumper and clip on. I'm lookin pretty ghetto right now with no ground effects or rear lowers or rear sails as well as half my interior being out. OH WELL... should all be done by monday. (fingers crossed). pics soon...

More pics for you
Before

The tear down thats me sweating in the background.

More to come this weekend.

------------------
1987 FIERO GT CHOP TOP
1987 FIERO GT GOLD
2006 MERCEDES SLK

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-30-2011 11:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Any new pics ?

You guys gonna make it to the meeting on Thursday ?
repnblvd

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-31-2011 05:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for repnblvdSend a Private Message to repnblvdEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
YES! Me, Dana, and Ron should all make it out this time. I sent Ron some pics to put up. Slackin...

------------------
-Repnblvd

'86 Fiero GT

FIEROSMIGLA

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-31-2011 06:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FIEROSMIGLASend a Private Message to FIEROSMIGLAEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Any new pics ?

You guys gonna make it to the meeting on Thursday ?

HERE YA GO!! Its getting there

------------------
1987 FIERO GT CHOP TOP
1987 FIERO GT GOLD
2006 MERCEDES SLK

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-01-2011 10:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Sam,

The car looked amazing in person ! Pictures cannot do it justice.

Thursday's CFF meeting.

PFF
System Bot
repnblvd

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-05-2011 10:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for repnblvdSend a Private Message to repnblvdEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just got her wetsanded and buffed. Wow. Pics coming soon.
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-06-2011 09:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Rep,

Check your pm.
repnblvd

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-14-2011 02:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for repnblvdSend a Private Message to repnblvdEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
MAN! I was goin' nuts blowing fuse after fuse after fuse on my courtesy light/door locks. Turns out that my trunk light was grounding out, thanks to the forum. What a lifesaver. 'Twas drivin' me bonkerz!

------------------
-Repnblvd

'86 Fiero GT "Kona Car"
'86 Fiero GT "Back To Black"

repnblvd

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-06-2011 12:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for repnblvdSend a Private Message to repnblvdEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I think I have decided to chop it... Eibach springs, ball joints, camber kit, and 19" TSW Vortex wheels have arrived. Not sure if I am going to put all that stuff on before or after Chop... Decisions, decisions.
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-06-2011 12:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Nice !

When do you plan to chop it ??
repnblvd

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-06-2011 12:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for repnblvdSend a Private Message to repnblvdEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hopefully drop it off withing the next 2 weeks. Guessing it'll take a month? so... 2 Fiero meetings from now I hope. Ron and I are both planning to make it to the meeting tonight!
repnblvd

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-06-2011 12:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for repnblvdSend a Private Message to repnblvdEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

repnblvd

132 posts
Member since Aug 2011

Bluetooth Head Unit In...

PLEASE DISREGUARD THE CHIC-FIL-A CUP! IT WAS A LONG WORK SESSION. LOL

------------------
-Repnblvd

'86 Fiero GT "Kona Car"

[This message has been edited by repnblvd (edited 10-06-2011).]

repnblvd

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-06-2011 12:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for repnblvdSend a Private Message to repnblvdEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

repnblvd

132 posts
Member since Aug 2011

Finally got some pictures in the sun!!!

[This message has been edited by repnblvd (edited 10-06-2011).]

repnblvd

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-09-2011 07:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for repnblvdSend a Private Message to repnblvdEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Brakes starting to go. Looks like it's time for an upgrade... Any suggestions? Nothing too crazy. I would like to stay in the $500 range...

------------------
-Repnblvd

'86 Fiero GT "Kona Car"

repnblvd

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-18-2012 07:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for repnblvdSend a Private Message to repnblvdEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I LOVE driving this car. Some people just don't get it, but those people have never driven one...
PFF
System Bot
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-18-2012 07:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Sam,

Put your wheels and lowering springs on yet ??

Did you sell the yellow one you guys built yet ?
johnyrottin

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post02-19-2012 08:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Your work is always stunning! I can't imagine this is how the car will stay for long!
repnblvd

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-09-2012 10:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for repnblvdSend a Private Message to repnblvdEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Big Brake Kit on the way. So is: Powder coated Eibachs, KYB shocks and struts, 19" mesh wheels (similar to factory), Front and Rear Sway bars, Rod dickman adjustable ball joints and rear camber bolts. Can't wait to throw all this stuff on. It'll look like a completely different ride!!!

------------------
-Repnblvd

'86 Fiero GT "Kona Car"

repnblvd

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-21-2012 09:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for repnblvdSend a Private Message to repnblvdEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just some new pics before the rest of the gear goes on...

------------------
-Repnblvd

'86 Fiero GT "Kona Car"
'86 Fiero GT "Old Yeller"

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-27-2012 10:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Sam sent me the lastest pics of his car and it looks hot !!
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-30-2012 05:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

A teaser !

repnblvd

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-30-2012 09:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for repnblvdSend a Private Message to repnblvdEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Installed the German Spec Eibachs (Yellow), KYBs, and 19" Privat Akzents with Dunlop DZ101s. Fronts are 19x8.5s and the Rears are 19x9.5s...

Lost the pics of the KYB and Eibach Install with the cam bolts and Rod Dickman Upper Adjustable Ball Joints. Phone crapped out. Should be able to grab some pixs when we install hubcentric rings. Thinking of changing out the red centers of the Privats with silver and black.

------------------
-Repnblvd

'86 Fiero GT "Kona Car"

[This message has been edited by repnblvd (edited 04-30-2012).]

FIEROSMIGLA

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-01-2012 08:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FIEROSMIGLASend a Private Message to FIEROSMIGLAEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

A teaser !

Those wheels look so good on your car I'm still sore from doing that suspension!!! But I would do it all over again. : ) love it!!!

------------------
1987 FIERO GT BLACK CHOP TOP AUTO SOLID ROOF
1987 FIERO GT GOLD AUTO SOLID ROOF
1988 FIERO GT RED 5 Speed

2012 Nissan 370z Nismo
2006 MERCEDES SLK

repnblvd

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-01-2012 10:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for repnblvdSend a Private Message to repnblvdEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Installed the German Spec Eibachs (Yellow), KYBs, and 19" Privat Akzents with Dunlop DZ101s. Fronts are 19x8.5s and the Rears are 19x9.5s...

Lost the pics of the KYB and Eibach Install with the cam bolts and Rod Dickman Upper Adjustable Ball Joints. Phone crapped out. Should be able to grab some pixs when we install hubcentric rings. Thinking of changing out the red centers of the Privats with silver and black.

Thanks Ron. But... not I had to repost this so people could see what they look like ON the car when they scroll to the bottom. ha.

------------------
-Repnblvd

'86 Fiero GT "Kona Car"
'85 GT "DOA"
'02 Aztek

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 4 pages long:  1   2   3   4 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to: