Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  Jersey Shore Wide Body.....no not Snookie (Page 2)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 4 pages long:  1   2   3   4 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Jersey Shore Wide Body.....no not Snookie by ace5514
Started on: 07-27-2011 12:59 AM
Replies: 129 (8312 views)
Last post by: ace5514 on 10-14-2021 11:13 PM
fiero2man

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post11-25-2011 11:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fiero2manSend a Private Message to fiero2manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
" no not snookie"...still LMAO..........
IP: Logged
ace5514

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-28-2011 09:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ace5514Send a Private Message to ace5514Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well the exhaust came and it is NOT 2.5 inches ....it is 2 1/8
Id. Barely 2 1/4 od. I am not happy cause I emailed him and he even put 2 1/2 inch pipe in the add on ebay. No way this will support a 3800 s/c, even though it appears to be 304 stainless it is too small!!!! Why can't people. Be honest or atleast accurate???

Originally posted by ace5514:

keeping out of the archives bump!

not much to report...been slacking.
still working on a hood scoop and just bought this.

don't know if this was someone here and really don't need it yet but the price was fair for a 2.5 inch exhaust with cat converter.

ace5514

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-24-2011 03:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ace5514Send a Private Message to ace5514Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
well a small update,
the guy took the exhaust system back. it is back on ebay. it really was a nice system but at best the main pipe (cat to muffler was 2 1/8" diameter but it seemed lot t304 stainless.
also i just ordered tinted sail windows from chris cook (gtfiero) on ebay the other day. when they get here i'll post pics. i ordered them without the the gt lettering on them. he seems like a nice guy (at least from the emails we exchanged).
btw merry xmass and happy new year and happy holidays.
al
nitroheadz28

Feedback score:    (26)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post12-24-2011 03:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nitroheadz28Send a Private Message to nitroheadz28Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey Al, sorry to hear about the exhaust. Good you made the best choice with the windows, IMO he makes the most accurate looking ones.

My car was destroyed yesterday

I hope everything is going well for you, enjoy the holidays and new year.
ace5514

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-24-2011 03:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ace5514Send a Private Message to ace5514Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
NOOOOOOO!
what happened, is everyone ok?
nitroheadz28

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-24-2011 03:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nitroheadz28Send a Private Message to nitroheadz28Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'll put up a thread about it once i get the pics on my laptop, but someone shot out of their driveway without looking- tboned me and sent me skidding into a parked suv. My car has significant damage, I'll inspect it next week but I think its too far gone. I'm ok, some back and wrist pain but alright apart from that. I was doing about 35 when I was hit and slammed into the parked car about 20-30ft after. I'm just so right now, so much effort wasted.

[This message has been edited by nitroheadz28 (edited 12-24-2011).]

ace5514

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-24-2011 04:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ace5514Send a Private Message to ace5514Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Tom,
at least you are ok....you can always get another one. plus i still have some of the parts from my gt so if you need something i'll help you out if i can.
if you have to scrap it...take off what ever you can. (i hate to say that cause im sure it bothers you) but not to be too philosophical if one must die others might live!!
ok nuff said .. post pics ill be looking for em.
al
hey merry xmass and happy new year to you and yours!!!
nitroheadz28

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-24-2011 04:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nitroheadz28Send a Private Message to nitroheadz28Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yeah I'm looking into taking legal action against the guy who hit me, this is my 1st accident involving another car so its all new to me. I appreciate that Al, I guess I'll see what happens next week when I deal with the ins company. I have no doubt that my car will be totaled, so I'd have to buy it back to part it out.. I can't drive it to my buddies house to put it in his yard to strip it so I'm not sure whats gonna happen in that situation. Thanks again.
BV MotorSports

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 189
Rate this member

Report this Post12-25-2011 01:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BV MotorSportsSend a Private Message to BV MotorSportsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Love the tail lights! I'd like to use something similar but wrap it in 3M CF vinyl.
ace5514

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-25-2011 03:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ace5514Send a Private Message to ace5514Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
thanks BV.
but after the work i put in to making that light panel if i were going to do the carbon fiber thing ( and i like your idea ..i actually though about it) i would take the time to cover it in the real thing. the only thing stopping me is the light recesses. i dont know how to cover the surface and get cf in the recess without it looking crappy. there is no mould for this panel that i know of. i made it by cutting the light recesses out of a new khines http://kahines.com/ tailight panel and glassing in c-5 recesses from another panel from a chevy truck that i got on ebay. total cost for just the panel (no lights) was almost $500.00. it is different and that is what i wanted.
ace5514

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-31-2011 03:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ace5514Send a Private Message to ace5514Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
got these from chris cook today. these are his tinted version but i had him remove the "gt" lettering. i wanted a clean look since they are tinted. i tried to show the curve at the rear of the sail panel. they look nice to me with a pretty good shape from the front to the back.

PFF
System Bot
nitroheadz28

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-31-2011 02:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nitroheadz28Send a Private Message to nitroheadz28Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nice!!!!

Those were the ones I was going to buy for mine, yum.
Amida

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 63
Rate this member

Report this Post01-02-2012 11:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The curve looks good. Is that a canteen it's on?
ace5514

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-04-2012 02:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ace5514Send a Private Message to ace5514Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
rob,
not a canteen ....it is a canvas belt holder for a camera. i just wanted to elevate the edge to show the shape, the holder was handy..lol
exoticse

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post03-16-2012 01:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Ace, what's new ??
Austrian Import

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-16-2012 01:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Austrian ImportSend a Private Message to Austrian ImportEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Aren't FM radio waves vertically polarized? Wouldn't a horizontal antenna degrade performance? Although I really like the hidden antenna.
ace5514

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-16-2012 11:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ace5514Send a Private Message to ace5514Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
not much new to report, i was trying to make a cowl style hood scoop and ruined both attempts (too much hardener twice). decided to give up on it for now ( i may just mofify one already made.) been doing some finish work in the bumper and front fenders. i also spoke to the body shop about paint and color (can't decide).
as for the antenna..i put the fender on and pulled it into my garage which the walls are all solid cement block with two floors of house above it. i didn't notice any loss of reception. i have a pontiac vibe radio in it (but will mostlikely be selling it as i bought a touch screen radio (kenwood).
hope to have this in paint be may at the latest..i know i said the same thing last year but i am an optimist...lol
nitroheadz28

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-17-2012 12:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for nitroheadz28Send a Private Message to nitroheadz28Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Gitrrrrrrdone Al!!
ace5514

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-18-2012 06:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ace5514Send a Private Message to ace5514Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks tom
I need a good kick in the you know what! I keep letting work and home issues take priority and now spring is here and I ain't gotherdone..
Time to roll up the old sleves!
ace5514

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2012 12:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ace5514Send a Private Message to ace5514Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
still plugging along...a couple pics of a cowl type hood scoop with the bery back to be sealed and a vent on the top rear edge

from the rear

pics of stainless 9 inch by 4 inch glass pacs for the exhaust. these will leave a few inches for an oval type exhaust tip.

for this system...should be loud

nitroheadz28

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2012 02:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for nitroheadz28Send a Private Message to nitroheadz28Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Good to see progress being made Al, hmm I wonder how those will sound with a 3800- I don't think I've heard one with glasspacks before.

From the youtube clips I just checked out, they seem to deaden the rasp- so hopefully you wont have any of that ricebomb noise going on

My buddy tells me "I can't figure out of your car sounds good or like poop" when he was talking about my grand prix w/ flowmaster super 44s LOL.

I really can't wait to see this with all the glass work done and painted, its been really crappy being without a Fiero and all I have is the forum and your guys projects to drool over for now haha.

[This message has been edited by nitroheadz28 (edited 04-25-2012).]

PFF
System Bot
ace5514

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2012 10:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ace5514Send a Private Message to ace5514Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
finishing up closing the front arrow side moulding spot on amida's 355 bumper (sorry rob)

a shot of the hood scoop witht the vent opened

i hope to be ready for paint by the end of may..yea i know but i never said what year....lol
doing this alone is alot of work plus changing things and adding things has added extra work.

[This message has been edited by ace5514 (edited 04-25-2012).]

nitroheadz28

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2012 12:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for nitroheadz28Send a Private Message to nitroheadz28Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

i hope to be ready for paint by the end of may..yea i know but i never said what year....lol
doing this alone is alot of work plus changing things and adding things has added extra work.

Sweet. I think I read somewhere that there are some issues with Amida's nose fitting with Archie's widebody fenders, whats the deal Al? It came together nicely for you.
ace5514

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2012 12:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ace5514Send a Private Message to ace5514Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Tom,
it was not too much work...compared to what i have done so far. it was just a matter of adding some fiberglass and resin to the mounting flange on each side where the fender meets the bumper. then lining up the mad arch wide fender which has two studs glassed in and drilling two holes in the flange. it a pain to do alone...but my dad helped with that. i might have to do a little more adjusting but it really wasn't that bad. i did have to fill in the area on the bumper where the side moulding went but again some glass and filler did the trick. making the pockets for the corvette side marer lights was harder since they were made from scratch. i will put some foam type tape between the fender and bumper flange to insulate the two surfaces and take up any gap there may be. if i can make them work anyone can. i never did any glass work till i started this.

[This message has been edited by ace5514 (edited 04-26-2012).]

nitroheadz28

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2012 01:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for nitroheadz28Send a Private Message to nitroheadz28Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

i never did any glass work till i started this.

This is what I love about this forum, and this project

I still remember the day I first saw it and your lip spoiler, you do some awesome work. I can't help but wonder how this would look as a chop!

ace5514

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2012 01:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ace5514Send a Private Message to ace5514Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
yea i think i would look great as a chop...but i would acyually like to drive it again...eventually...lol
i have to thank Dean (whodeanie) and Jaguar for the idea of the lip spoiler...i loved the shape of it and Dean put some nice pics of his up which helped me with mine.

[This message has been edited by ace5514 (edited 04-26-2012).]

ace5514

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2012 09:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ace5514Send a Private Message to ace5514Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

ace5514

692 posts
Member since Nov 2008
here is a couple pics of the nose (bumpers and fenders) just sitting together, in my shed, no bolts or anything.

another pic of the fender to bumper mounting studs.

Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-27-2012 12:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looking good!
ace5514

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-24-2012 11:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ace5514Send a Private Message to ace5514Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
did some work on the front grill...using newer pontiac badges

and one of my little helper....she wants the car clean

Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-28-2012 10:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

pics of stainless 9 inch by 4 inch glass pacs for the exhaust. these will leave a few inches for an oval type exhaust tip.

There is barely any flanges on there for slip mounting...my corvette tips are just like that...without flanges. I guess it'll have to be butt welded.
ace5514

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-28-2012 11:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ace5514Send a Private Message to ace5514Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
rob,
they are weld on but the open end is 2.5" id and slips over the pipe about 1.5", i'll only be sliding it on about 1/2". the other end has to be opened and also welded with a tip of sorts. i havent really done anything with them but put it in the basement with the other parts.

[This message has been edited by ace5514 (edited 05-28-2012).]

PFF
System Bot
rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post05-29-2012 06:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Buy a back up drive and use it often, or download pics like every few weeks to CDs. Also you can store them online at a website. Things ive learned after losing photos before in the past.
ace5514

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-29-2012 10:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ace5514Send a Private Message to ace5514Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks roger,
great advice...i hope everyone that reads that does just that.. i thought nothing would happen to me, then one day it did. i got a virus that erased everything..and i mean everything!!!
now i put everything on cd's and sd cards but i lost alot of pics i can never replace.
ace5514

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-31-2012 11:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ace5514Send a Private Message to ace5514Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
took a few more pics of the front hod vent/scoop today.
front view

front side view

rear view of vent and closed end.

this was a chevelle scoop that had two vents at the top rear for the panel. i cut one off because two looked busy.
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-02-2012 01:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
A Chevelle cowl induction hood? My high school ride was a '72 malibu. It's a boat compared to the tiny Fiero.

ace5514

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-02-2012 08:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ace5514Send a Private Message to ace5514Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Rob,
It may have been a boat...but what a sweet looking boat it was. my high school ride was a rally red 1968 camaro convertable complete with 327 and a powerglide. should have never sold it.
They just don't build them like they used to.
Twinn

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-12-2012 10:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TwinnSend a Private Message to TwinnEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looking good, keep theupdates coming
ace5514

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-14-2012 11:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ace5514Send a Private Message to ace5514Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
hers a couple more pics...while i am still smoothing out the hood vent o am also working on the splitter that i bought from Amida with the bumper as well as finishing up two front fender carbon fiber filler panels that go in front of the doors / fender area.

fender fillers

splitter in which i cut out the center but i need to reshape the edges near the middle. i don't like the way they look and it makes the open area look goofy. i want it to look more agressive. so i will be cutting the center edges more straight and possibly angled wider on the bottom and wider in the front. i will figure it out i hope.

side view

front view no splitter

oh and a gratuitous shot of my daughter on my bike (the only "chopper" i'll ever be able to own lol)

[This message has been edited by ace5514 (edited 06-14-2012).]

ace5514

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2012 02:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ace5514Send a Private Message to ace5514Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
had the tires mounted figured i would post a few pics of them.
rear

front

hope to get time to work on the car this weekend.
al

[This message has been edited by ace5514 (edited 06-27-2012).]

troyboy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2012 05:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
looking good what are the rim specs
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 4 pages long:  1   2   3   4 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock