Who's 355 ? by Fieromaineac
Started on: 03-10-2011 12:16 AM
Replies: 32 (1506 views)
Last post by: ericjon262 on 10-11-2014 10:46 PM
Fieromaineac

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-10-2011 12:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieromaineacSend a Private Message to FieromaineacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Anybody recognize this car? I believe it could be in the UK.

Most of all I'd like to know the manufacture of those wheels.

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
ignorant prodigy

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-10-2011 10:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ignorant prodigySend a Private Message to ignorant prodigyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You, me and scottrinne.

I've done some searching... even got laughed off a ferrari board asking if they were legit ferrari rims...
Never had much luck.
Bloozberry

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 311
Rate this member

Report this Post03-10-2011 11:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BloozberrySend a Private Message to BloozberryEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Doubt it's in the UK because it's a LH drive car and it's parked on the RH side of the road.
ignorant prodigy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-10-2011 11:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ignorant prodigySend a Private Message to ignorant prodigyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Maybe not UK... but Gotta be oversea's... Check out the plate of the truck behind it

8-P

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-10-2011 11:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 8-PSend a Private Message to 8-PEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Do you have the original images without the Photobucket stamp? It may help to Tineye those pictures.
ignorant prodigy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-10-2011 11:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ignorant prodigySend a Private Message to ignorant prodigyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I found the pics here on pennock's... don't know the original poster of the images though.. they've just been hand-me-downs to me.
I saved them to my PC and added them to my photobucket for linking.. for this sort of situation.

I have the .jpg's that I used to upload them if that's what you mean... but all i did to get them was right click and save as from a post just like this one.

[This message has been edited by ignorant prodigy (edited 03-10-2011).]

8-P

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-10-2011 11:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 8-PSend a Private Message to 8-PEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You might want to try running the originals on www.tineye.com. It's a reverse image search and will show you if the photos show up anywhere else online. You might be able to find their point of origin and a little more information on the car.

I tried using these photos but came back with nothing. I think the photobucket stamp on the bottom right throws off the search.
Bloozberry

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 311
Rate this member

Report this Post03-10-2011 12:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BloozberrySend a Private Message to BloozberryEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The extra pictures make it clear that it could be the UK afterall. The truck behind it is parked in the opposite direction throwing my initial post out the window, and it looks like a parking lot, not a road. Oh well.
jasonfox

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post03-10-2011 12:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jasonfoxSend a Private Message to jasonfoxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
355 mirrors make me want to vomit.

I also find it funny just how much the 355 looks like a fiero gt or the 90 concept fiero. Real original ferrari.
ignorant prodigy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-10-2011 01:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ignorant prodigySend a Private Message to ignorant prodigyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for the Tin Eye suggestion, no dice though. I tried the images I have on my comp and I don't even get a pennocks return lol
Boogaloo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-10-2011 01:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoogalooSend a Private Message to BoogalooEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That is in the UK I remembering saving that picture about 5 years ago from a European site, different but still a nice car.
PFF
System Bot
ignorant prodigy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-10-2011 02:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ignorant prodigySend a Private Message to ignorant prodigyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
do you recall if it was a fiero or MR2?

I tried searching on both.
Rick 88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-10-2011 02:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rick 88Send a Private Message to Rick 88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Judging from the back window I would say Fiero.
Fiero1Fan

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 100
Rate this member

Report this Post03-10-2011 02:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero1FanClick Here to visit Fiero1Fan's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero1FanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The plates on the truck behind the 355 is a German plate and is registered in Regensburg.
ignorant prodigy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-10-2011 02:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ignorant prodigySend a Private Message to ignorant prodigyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
this is what I get when i do google images for Regensberg ferrari

~

[This message has been edited by ignorant prodigy (edited 03-10-2011).]

larini74

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-10-2011 03:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for larini74Click Here to visit larini74's HomePageSend a Private Message to larini74Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
works for me .....
Fiero1Fan

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 100
Rate this member

Report this Post03-10-2011 03:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero1FanClick Here to visit Fiero1Fan's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero1FanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Me too!!!

Now if someone can sharpen up the white advertisement sign on the back of the truck we might be able to read the address or telephone # from it.

[This message has been edited by Fiero1Fan (edited 03-10-2011).]

Celthora87GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-10-2011 06:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Celthora87GTSend a Private Message to Celthora87GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Drool worth.... both cars....
Fieromaineac

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-10-2011 10:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieromaineacSend a Private Message to FieromaineacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
WOW, more pictures of that Mirage 355! That car is still out there (Germany) as proven by the additional pictures and someone will hopefully id those rims!!

pavo_roddy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 71
Rate this member

Report this Post03-10-2011 10:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pavo_roddySend a Private Message to pavo_roddyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
HI all

Reaaaalllly nice car!! I'd like to get ahold of those side mirrors, see if they can be made as 348 ferrari's... These don't look like there is an OEM bend in the middle, that my friends is worth checkin into... Last I heard, a member here, ahile ago priced 348 mirrors from a supplier, and well 6,000 or so for new ones, 1 at that price though... Hmmm...

Thanx all,

Ear-ick...

------------------
Me, I sell engines, the cars are for free, I need something to crate the engines in....
Enzo Ferrari....

Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines....
Enzo Ferrari...

Today they are called garage's, yesterday, they were stable's! Eric Jacobsen....

MrBoernie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-11-2011 07:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MrBoernieClick Here to visit MrBoernie's HomePageSend a Private Message to MrBoernieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fiero1Fan:

The plates on the truck behind the 355 is a German plate and is registered in Regensburg.

That's wrong. REG is not Regensburg, it's Regen in Bavaria!

------------------
My wife told me to choose: her or my Fieros... I miss her sometimes!

1984 Indy #1495
1988 GT

PFF
System Bot
Custom2M4

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 114
Rate this member

Report this Post03-11-2011 04:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Custom2M4Send a Private Message to Custom2M4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That car was on ebay a while back. I think he was trying to sell for 10k euro's. It was definately in europe though.
Fieromaineac

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-11-2011 11:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieromaineacSend a Private Message to FieromaineacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Can you find any info on the Ebay listing?
ignorant prodigy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-12-2011 03:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ignorant prodigySend a Private Message to ignorant prodigyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
i did a search for completed listing on the germany ebay sight.. found one 355 but not these rims...

Rick 88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-12-2011 03:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rick 88Send a Private Message to Rick 88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Try searching for German wheel companies. ATS etc.
ignorant prodigy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-31-2012 10:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ignorant prodigySend a Private Message to ignorant prodigyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
bump!

looking to ID these rims still!
hnthomps

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post06-01-2012 09:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hnthompsSend a Private Message to hnthompsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by pavo_roddy:

HI all

Reaaaalllly nice car!! I'd like to get ahold of those side mirrors, see if they can be made as 348 ferrari's... These don't look like there is an OEM bend in the middle, that my friends is worth checkin into... Last I heard, a member here, ahile ago priced 348 mirrors from a supplier, and well 6,000 or so for new ones, 1 at that price though... Hmmm...

Thanx all,

Ear-ick...

I believe that I have a set of power F348 mirrors in my basement. Does anyone want them for far less than $6000?

Nelson
ignorant prodigy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-03-2014 09:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ignorant prodigySend a Private Message to ignorant prodigyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
i found them.. funny thing is i found them by not really looking. I just stumbled across them

Rondell Typ 21

[This message has been edited by ignorant prodigy (edited 10-03-2014).]

Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post10-03-2014 10:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ignorant prodigy:

i found them...

Damn you're persistent!

jb1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-04-2014 03:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jb1Send a Private Message to jb1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
lmao spent last 3 years , but by George he found them,....

------------------

87GTseries 1 3800sc (7.597 @88.53 1.579 60ft)
(series II swap in progress)
85GT Northstar/ 4t80e
86GT 3800 n/a---sold
Northstar Rebuild

Rick 88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-04-2014 05:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rick 88Send a Private Message to Rick 88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Talk about concave! Do those come in a 5x100?
PFF
System Bot
DavePatron

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-10-2014 11:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DavePatronClick Here to visit DavePatron's HomePageSend a Private Message to DavePatronEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
slick wheels, its actually a nice kit, just needs to lose those side mirrors

------------------
88 Fiero/LP640

Affordable Web Design

ericjon262

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 66
Rate this member

Report this Post10-11-2014 10:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ericjon262Send a Private Message to ericjon262Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
they look alot like ZQ8 S-10 wheels too.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock