Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  Battery Relocation Cable kits are available again!

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
Battery Relocation Cable kits are available again! by Synthesis
Started on: 02-17-2011 06:39 PM
Replies: 36 (2422 views)
Last post by: StDraginFiero on 05-17-2016 12:37 PM
Synthesis

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2011 06:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am in the process of finishing up a Tier 3 harness for Woodrow on the forum here, and had to order new battery cable to fill an order.

I have 5 4g Cable kits available for shipping by Monday, with another 10 available within a week of that.

These kits include everything you need to wire in your front mount battery to your 85-88 Fiero.
Positive and Negative 4g cable with crimped and heatshrinked ends, 8g power wire from the starter to the C500 power block, two new sidepost battery bolts and a 4g 18" ground lead to ground the engine to the chassis....

For install photos in an 88 and detail shots of the terminal ends, click here

Due to the rise in copper prices, my costs have gone up. These are now 135 shipped to the US (Canada add 10), ready to bolt in.

[This message has been edited by Synthesis (edited 02-17-2011).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
falcon_ca

Feedback score:    (26)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2011 06:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for falcon_caSend a Private Message to falcon_caEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PM sent

------------------
"I'm not driving too fast, . . . I'm just flying too low."

Work done 07-08 | Work done 08-09 | Work done 09-10 | Work done 10-11 |
4.9 ongoing project | Parts for sale

Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2011 07:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by falcon_ca:

PM sent

Received and responded.
Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-18-2011 09:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump to the top. Three sets gone already.
Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2011 09:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Shipping is delayed today because the neighbor was kind enough to pile his snow in my side of the driveway, and the main road is not plowed.. Have to wait for the landlord and his snowblower.
Daredevil05

Feedback score:    (25)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-22-2011 03:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Daredevil05Send a Private Message to Daredevil05Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You have a PM
Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-22-2011 03:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Daredevil05:

You have a PM

Received and responded to...

I had two sets to ship today. One went to Canada, the other was missing the short ground cable. Thought I had it with me, but it is at home on the workbench.
I will be shipping the remainder of the paid sets tomorrow.
Daredevil05

Feedback score:    (25)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-22-2011 03:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Daredevil05Send a Private Message to Daredevil05Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Payment sent.
Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-22-2011 03:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Daredevil05:

Payment sent.

Received. Cables will ship tomorrow!
Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-23-2011 01:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
All paid cables have shipped. New batch will be available within the week.
I have one complete set left, ready to ship.
americasfuture2k

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 105
Rate this member

Report this Post02-23-2011 03:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for americasfuture2kSend a Private Message to americasfuture2kEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
oh nice.
PFF
System Bot
The ROK

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-23-2011 10:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for The ROKSend a Private Message to The ROKEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
When you relocate the battery, can you still use the spare mount or do you have to put it in the trunk?
cornersonrails

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-23-2011 10:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cornersonrailsClick Here to visit cornersonrails's HomePageSend a Private Message to cornersonrailsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My cables are on there way
Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-24-2011 08:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by The ROK:

When you relocate the battery, can you still use the spare mount or do you have to put it in the trunk?

Yes, you can still use the spare tire location to store the tire.

There are two caveats though:
The lower lip under the AC fan of the spare tire well will most likely need to be trimmed back an inch or so..
The battery has to be physically small... Putting in the largest side post battery they make will net you some extra weight and decent power, but will prevent you from putting the tire in, even with trimming the lip.
A smaller model sidepost would allow you to get the tire in with a little bit of wiggling... And it holds the battery in place.
falcon_ca

Feedback score:    (26)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-04-2011 09:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for falcon_caSend a Private Message to falcon_caEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Received

Thanks

------------------
"I'm not driving too fast, . . . I'm just flying too low."

Work done 07-08 | Work done 08-09 | Work done 09-10 | Work done 10-11 |
4.9 ongoing project | Parts for sale

carbon

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 132
Rate this member

Report this Post03-05-2011 11:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for carbonSend a Private Message to carbonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Had this all season last year and not a problem to be had. Great product! That was my '88 in the link he posted for pics...
jackcastro

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-01-2012 10:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jackcastroSend a Private Message to jackcastroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Do you still sell the cables? Do you also have the front compartment tray?

Please email me directly, prefer over PM jackcastro2000@hotmail.com
hajii

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-03-2012 08:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hajiiSend a Private Message to hajiiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Another interested party here. Please PM if you are still making these
Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-03-2012 08:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey guys, sorry I missed this...

I do still make them, but do not have the cable supplies on hand. I have a ton of cable ends, but need to order more battery cable...

No ETA on when the order will be placed.

I don't sell the front trays. V8 Archie sells those.

[This message has been edited by Synthesis (edited 04-03-2012).]

thismanyfieros

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 120
Rate this member

Report this Post04-04-2012 11:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for thismanyfierosSend a Private Message to thismanyfierosEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Any chance you are going to restart doing the Fiero1fan headlight harnesses?
Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-04-2012 12:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by thismanyfieros:

Any chance you are going to restart doing the Fiero1fan headlight harnesses?

My wrists won't allow it... But there is something in the works.
PFF
System Bot
thismanyfieros

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 120
Rate this member

Report this Post04-05-2012 01:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for thismanyfierosSend a Private Message to thismanyfierosEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I wonder if fieroflyer would be interested in picking up doing these also?
carbon

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 132
Rate this member

Report this Post04-05-2012 01:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for carbonSend a Private Message to carbonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I know he's not currently producing this stuff, but I just thought I would mention that I have had both his battery cables and 90mm headlight harness for two years now, still with no problems...

Good stuff.
ericjon262

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 66
Rate this member

Report this Post09-26-2012 04:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ericjon262Send a Private Message to ericjon262Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
still available?

------------------
there's a Group on 60degreeV6.com for us 660 Fiero owners!

Fiero Owner's group on 60degreeV6.com

I know these lines Look crooked on paper, but I swear I've got them straight in my head.

Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-26-2012 11:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yes and no. I have most of the supplies to build them, just need to order more cable when finances allow.

What time frame are you looking at?
ericjon262

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 66
Rate this member

Report this Post09-26-2012 11:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ericjon262Send a Private Message to ericjon262Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
pretty soon, I've been making a ton of progress, and that's one of the next items on the list!
Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-27-2012 09:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'll see what I can do for you..

At the very least, I do have the side-post battery lugs and the lug ring terminals for the starter/block side of things.

When I order cable, I have to order a minimum quantity, usually 250 foot of each cable type, which adds up very quickly.
DkGryGhost

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-20-2013 06:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DkGryGhostSend a Private Message to DkGryGhostEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Are these kits still available? I would like to get one.
volt110

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-28-2013 07:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for volt110Send a Private Message to volt110Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I just found this post. I am looking at moving my battery. Are you going to make these kits anymore? Please let me know.

Thanks,
Ed
Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-04-2013 09:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey guys, sorry, didn't realize this post had been bumped...

Yes/No... I just need to order more cable to make more sets.
volt110

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-05-2013 12:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for volt110Send a Private Message to volt110Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hi,
Can you PM me some details? Payment and about how long it will take. I have the battery tub coming from Archie and I hate to re-invent the wheel if these kits are available.

Thanks,
Ed
PFF
System Bot
I FAR I

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-05-2013 12:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for I FAR ISend a Private Message to I FAR IEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Synthesis:

Hey guys, sorry, didn't realize this post had been bumped...

Yes/No... I just need to order more cable to make more sets.

Seeing as this is something quite a few ppl would be interested in getting done on their Fieros (myself included), why not get a list of potential customers and take deposits for the orders so you could then buy the necessary supplies?

Cheers
Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-05-2013 01:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by I FAR I:

Seeing as this is something quite a few ppl would be interested in getting done on their Fieros (myself included), why not get a list of potential customers and take deposits for the orders so you could then buy the necessary supplies?

Cheers

I let life get in the way a while back after having accepted orders for harnesses/cables/etc...
I caught up on everything, but some people waited a LONG time...

Even though my life has improved considerably since those days, I won't be doing that again any time soon...

I'll be shipping some stuff soon, and once I have payment for those items, I will consider placing a follow-up order to do the cables...

I don't expect it to be too long from now that I can do that.
n7vrz

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-08-2013 09:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for n7vrzSend a Private Message to n7vrzEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'd like to get on the list of potential buyers. Just let me know when you are gonna start making them again.
I still haven't gotten around to putting in the hella headlights. I primed the brackets and mounted the light in them and that's as far as I got.
Like you, life got in the way. Things are sorting out now to where I can start working on the car again.
volt110

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-25-2013 05:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for volt110Send a Private Message to volt110Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am bumping this to the top again in hopes these kits might be available again. Please let me know. If not any help with info on what is needed to make a kit would be appreciated. I am looking at doing this on both my 88's and my 86GT over the winter months,

Thanks,
Ed
WickedFieroGTP

Feedback score:    (44)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-25-2013 10:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WickedFieroGTPSend a Private Message to WickedFieroGTPEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I would be interested in a kit as well.
StDraginFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-17-2016 12:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for StDraginFieroSend a Private Message to StDraginFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Very interested buyer.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock