Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  Project "SICKNESS" : Built 3800SC Choptop. Let the Sickness consume you! (Page 3)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Project "SICKNESS" : Built 3800SC Choptop. Let the Sickness consume you! by JimmyS
Started on: 01-11-2011 10:49 PM
Replies: 107 (6065 views)
Last post by: JimmyS on 09-21-2015 07:46 PM
Custom2M4

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 114
Rate this member

Report this Post02-13-2012 10:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Custom2M4Send a Private Message to Custom2M4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Will these bumpers be made available to the public after your done? I'm really liking it so far.
IP: Logged
JimmyS

Feedback score:    (31)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 124
Rate this member

Report this Post02-14-2012 04:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JimmySClick Here to visit JimmyS's HomePageSend a Private Message to JimmySEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Custom2M4:

Will these bumpers be made available to the public after your done? I'm really liking it so far.

Yes. They will be available as you see it in the first pic. Fiberglass stock front with head light buckets. All the other mods being done are my own tweeks to make it unique to my car.
exoticse

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post03-16-2012 01:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Anything new jimmy ?
jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-03-2012 06:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump-er!! GET TO WORK lol!!
JimmyS

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-03-2012 10:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JimmySClick Here to visit JimmyS's HomePageSend a Private Message to JimmySEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Having finally found gainful fulltime employment with an Armored Truck Co., I have been working 12-15 hour days and have not had time to work on the car. This is our busy season at Fiero Fiberglass so any free time I have had has been spent filling orders.

I have accumulated some more stuff though... I now have a bottle of gas for the welder, welding helmet, gloves and a welders hammer. I now officially have everything I need to do the chop.
FierociousGT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 131
Rate this member

Report this Post04-03-2012 10:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FierociousGTSend a Private Message to FierociousGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

------------------
'88 GT, 3800 SC II, IMSA/MadCurls widebody combo, Choptop, Borla exhaust, GT-One NSX Headlights, RX-8 mirrors.
FGTO Build thread ~> Link

JimmyS

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-19-2012 10:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JimmySClick Here to visit JimmyS's HomePageSend a Private Message to JimmySEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well the roof finally came off yesterday...
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-19-2012 10:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Congratulations Jimmy !

Welcome to the choptop club. Did you guys get the chop and welding part completed ??
JimmyS

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-19-2012 10:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JimmySClick Here to visit JimmyS's HomePageSend a Private Message to JimmySEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by exoticse:
Congratulations Jimmy !

Welcome to the choptop club. Did you guys get the chop and welding part completed ??

Thank you.

All cuts were made and some spot welding done just to keep things linded up and in place. I will probably be completing the welding this coming weekend.
jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-19-2012 10:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Now that hard part, figuring out your number in the order of home brews! Madcurl any luck figuring it out yet?
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-28-2012 01:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Jimmy any updates ?
PFF
System Bot
jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-29-2012 01:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey Jim, I finally finished my prototypes of the headlight rings they fit within the bucket perfect and can be used with a 3 inch projector. the holes in it can be used for led amber turn lights or for halo ring effect. If anyone is interested in having a set I can make them for around 60 bucks a piece, they take about 6 hours a piece to machine from a 6 inch chunk of aluminum round stock so that's why they cost so much but then again they will outlast the rest of the car. they also come with mounting holes on the backside for a 10-32 screw.
JimmyS

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-06-2013 06:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JimmySClick Here to visit JimmyS's HomePageSend a Private Message to JimmySEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The face of Project Sickness is starting to take shape.
jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-06-2013 08:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looks like we are neck and neck with progress on the front ends. Did you get your lights sorted out? I am still figuring out how to hold mone all together but, today I think while bored at work I had a breakthrough with mounting my lights. I think the projectors will not be mounted in the bucket at all but rather hard mounted to the car chassi then I can pull the front bumper off at will if I ever need to clean out under the light lenses. Guess I could update my thread to show the beginnings of the mounting.
JimmyS

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2013 09:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JimmySClick Here to visit JimmyS's HomePageSend a Private Message to JimmySEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The welding for the Chop is now finished. Finally!!! Now the real fun begins.
BlackThunderGT

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-07-2013 07:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlackThunderGTSend a Private Message to BlackThunderGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by JimmyS:

The welding for the Chop is now finished. Finally!!! Now the real fun begins.

looking forward to seeing this come together.
JimmyS

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-07-2013 09:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JimmySClick Here to visit JimmyS's HomePageSend a Private Message to JimmySEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Not much to really report. I have been gathering up some parts and materials. Picked up a NOS Turn Signal Arm with Cruise and Delayed wiper, NOS Door Actuators, NOS Power Door Lock Switches, Pliogrip Panel Bond and dispenser gun, SMC Resin, Body paint (color to be revealed later), a special "Stencil" from Paul at Fiero Sails (to be revealed hopefully this weekend) and a Gentex self dimming mirror with temp and compass.

I have been keeping a spread sheet to keep track of all money spent. So far I have spent $11,810.82

By my estimates, I will spend another $13K to complete this build.

Keep in mind that all money spent is just on parts and materials and I'm doing all the work so there is nothing added for labor.
XThirtySeven

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-07-2013 09:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for XThirtySevenSend a Private Message to XThirtySevenEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That is an angry looking front end, cant wait to see the lights dropped in.
JimmyS

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-13-2013 08:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JimmySClick Here to visit JimmyS's HomePageSend a Private Message to JimmySEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm starting to get a bit more than irritated with trying to get this stencil from Paul at Fiero Sails.

On 7/15/13, I emailed Paul for a price for a stencil I needed made. He replied back in less than an hour telling me the price. I responded back on 7/16/13 asking him to send me a paypal invoice. I sent him an email on 7/20/13 as he had yet to respond or send a paypal invoice. On 8/4/13 I sent him another email cause I had still yet to receive a reply or invoice. He finally responded back and apologized that he had been on vacation and had completely forgot about my pending order. He sent me the invoice and I paid the invoice on 8/4/13. He emailed me on the 5th to tell me it had been shipped. I thought, Cool I can get this done by the weekend. WRONG! It still has not arrived and I emailed Paul to ask if he had purchased delivery confirmation. I got an auto response saying that he is closed till the 19th!

I mailed my rent check on the 5th also. The check made it from FL. to IL., deposited into my landlords account and has cleared my bank yet this daum stencil still has not made it here. A month trying to get this thing. I wish I had the file so I could have just had it made local and have been done with it a month ago.

Grrrrrrrrr.
fierogtlt1

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-13-2013 10:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogtlt1Send a Private Message to fierogtlt1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

The face of Project Sickness is starting to take shape.

When is this bumper with headlight openings going to be available
from Fiero Fiberglass?
johnyrottin

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post08-13-2013 11:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PFF
System Bot
JimmyS

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-16-2013 01:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JimmySClick Here to visit JimmyS's HomePageSend a Private Message to JimmySEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The stencil still has not showed up!. Thanks to a couple members here, I was able to obtain the file I needed and I took it to a local shop and they made it for me. For some reason I could not get the stencil to stick to the glass. With all this frustration I decided to do this old school. I printed the file on my printer, covered the glass with contact paper, transferred the design via carbon paper, and cut it all out by hand with an exacto knife. Cover with Etching Paste and rinse. 2 1/2 hours from start to finish and I end up with this.

[This message has been edited by JimmyS (edited 08-16-2013).]

JimmyS

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-05-2014 09:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JimmySClick Here to visit JimmyS's HomePageSend a Private Message to JimmySEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Won a couple parts I needed at Daytona. Fiero Projector Logo Lights donated by TLG Auto and a rear Coil Over Kit donated by HT Motorsports.
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-21-2014 10:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Bumping one of my favorites.

Fiero Thomas

Feedback score:    (170)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 125
Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2014 07:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero ThomasSend a Private Message to Fiero ThomasEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

The stencil still has not showed up!. Thanks to a couple members here, I was able to obtain the file I needed and I took it to a local shop and they made it for me. For some reason I could not get the stencil to stick to the glass. With all this frustration I decided to do this old school. I printed the file on my printer, covered the glass with contact paper, transferred the design via carbon paper, and cut it all out by hand with an exacto knife. Cover with Etching Paste and rinse. 2 1/2 hours from start to finish and I end up with this.

Jimmy if you need something vinyl cut so you can decal the car let me know I will hook you up.

------------------
1984 Corvette
1986 Fiero GT
1992 SVX Ls-L
1998 Ford F150 Super Cab V8 4X4
2003 PT Dream Cruser #1801
2009 Dodge Challenger SRT8

FieroNews

JimmyS

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-29-2015 08:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JimmySClick Here to visit JimmyS's HomePageSend a Private Message to JimmySEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bought a new house back in Nov. Car is nestled in the garage which is loaded with stuff I still need to put away. I hope to get moving on the body mods sometime this summer.
GKDINC

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-21-2015 10:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GKDINCSend a Private Message to GKDINCEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Any progress on the choptop Jimmy? Thanks Gary
JimmyS

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-21-2015 07:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JimmySClick Here to visit JimmyS's HomePageSend a Private Message to JimmySEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
No progress. The garage is still jam packed with boxes and stuff I haven't found a place to put yet. LOL I have acquired a few more odds and ends part for it though. Thanks for asking.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock