Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  I just testfitted some fender flares from a Sunbird :)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
I just testfitted some fender flares from a Sunbird :) by Fiero1K
Started on: 10-10-2010 04:30 PM
Replies: 19 (2678 views)
Last post by: Internet-man on 04-03-2015 06:22 PM
Fiero1K

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-10-2010 04:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero1KSend a Private Message to Fiero1KEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The title says it all. I felt really lucky to find some since no yards had any and there were none on the internet except here. So on to the pics. (Check out the "17 and painting a car" thread for more car pics.)

This might piss some people off but this is as far as I'm going to get with them until next summer. And yes I will space the rears to make them more flush but damn these flares are big. They remind me of the Lotus Esprit Turbo they put flares on, and the Pantera. It's cool how they make the front look lowered.

By the way, if Fiero2M8 could chime in with some info on how he did the final fitting (before glassing in) on his LT1 Roadster that would be peachy.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
mptighe

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 122
Rate this member

Report this Post10-10-2010 04:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mptigheSend a Private Message to mptigheEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I think they look good, and if you do some other stuff like vents etc your car will look awesome.
nitroheadz28

Feedback score:    (26)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post10-10-2010 06:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nitroheadz28Send a Private Message to nitroheadz28Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thats going to look awesome when finished. Can't wait to see it done! Nice find.
fourpoint9

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-10-2010 06:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fourpoint9Click Here to visit fourpoint9's HomePageSend a Private Message to fourpoint9Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Those look great. What year/model Sunbird are they from?
steve308

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 57
Rate this member

Report this Post10-10-2010 06:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for steve308Send a Private Message to steve308Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I recommend some fiber reinforced tape as regular masking tape tends to let go when you reach speed of over 20 mph! ;-)
Fiero1K

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-10-2010 06:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero1KSend a Private Message to Fiero1KEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Fourpoint9, they are from a 1989 Sunbird Turbo. I believe they also came on the GT but I am not sure. I may do some nice fitting during christmas break.
fencerenu

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-10-2010 07:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fencerenuSend a Private Message to fencerenuEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
those look awesome, but word of advice... imho they look best when they are straight up and down vertical - so thicker at the bottom if you can do that - rather than angled in... those look awesome... i'm going to keep my eyes open. :-)
aeffertz

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-10-2010 07:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for aeffertzSend a Private Message to aeffertzEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Those fit and match the lines pretty well. Nice find!
Fiero1K

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-10-2010 07:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero1KSend a Private Message to Fiero1KEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thank Fiero2M8 for pioneering the idea though. They should look awesome bolted on there.
fierofool

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post10-10-2010 08:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I haven't seen Fiero2M8's car, but I have to say that this looks out of place without some tiny 13 inch wire wheels with low profiles sticking 10 inches outside the fenderwells to complete the look.

Just my perception. When it's finished it may look great.
Fiero1K

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-10-2010 10:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero1KSend a Private Message to Fiero1KEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierofool:

I haven't seen Fiero2M8's car, but I have to say that this looks out of place without some tiny 13 inch wire wheels with low profiles sticking 10 inches outside the fenderwells to complete the look.

Just my perception. When it's finished it may look great.

Ironically, the idea was to bring the front wheels flush with the fenders to eliminate this look, since they noticeably stick out at the front. The way the flares are made works perfectly for this. The wheels fit perfectly in the back but I'll put a respectable spacer back there to make them flush with the flares.
Screw '88 offset, but at least it has made me do my car different than everyone else.

[This message has been edited by Fiero1K (edited 10-10-2010).]

PFF
System Bot
Fiero1K

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-10-2010 11:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero1KSend a Private Message to Fiero1KEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Fiero1K

411 posts
Member since Oct 2009
Here are some pics of Fiero2M8's car. Note that I will not be going with his style of side skirts, just the flares.

These are pretty good pics. They show how he mounted them and how they look from a variety of angles.

Here's a pic of the lotus.

And one of the DeTomaso

Hardly lowriders.

[This message has been edited by Fiero1K (edited 10-10-2010).]

Australian

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-11-2010 03:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AustralianClick Here to visit Australian's HomePageSend a Private Message to AustralianEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

For those that haven't seen my car. Yup fiero2m8 inspired.
Fiero2m8

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-15-2011 12:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero2m8Click Here to visit Fiero2m8's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero2m8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks guys, looks good.
I remember joining the forum and thinking I had invented the Sunbird Turbo hood vents but alas they were all over the forum.
The fenders were well received and can easily be a bolt on.
I got the idea after I had previously put 85 Supra flares on a 84 533i.

Here's the build thread with more pics of the flairs:
//www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum3/HTML/000055.html

The Newest Project thread in sig is still alive, check out the updates.

Cheers,
Fiero2m8

------------------

Indy Northstar-Stretch ~ LT1-NOS Roadster

GT86FASTBACK

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-15-2011 05:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GT86FASTBACKSend a Private Message to GT86FASTBACKEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I like those... Deff dont look bad at all on the car. With some fitting, would be sweet.
DANGERUS

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-15-2011 04:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DANGERUSSend a Private Message to DANGERUSEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sorry if I missed this, but will you paint them body colour like the Lotus or a contrasting colour like the DeTomaso?
Looks cool!
lowtrickry

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-28-2012 11:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for lowtrickrySend a Private Message to lowtrickryEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Where are the flares on the gold fiero from?
lowtrickry

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-29-2012 01:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for lowtrickrySend a Private Message to lowtrickryEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nvm read further and anserd my own question
infinitewill

Feedback score:    (55)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post10-29-2012 10:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for infinitewillSend a Private Message to infinitewillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by steve308:

I recommend some fiber reinforced tape as regular masking tape tends to let go when you reach speed of over 20 mph! ;-)

Thanks Steve! I just spit water out my nose

[This message has been edited by infinitewill (edited 10-29-2012).]

Internet-man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-03-2015 06:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Internet-manSend a Private Message to Internet-manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I badly want the Japanese fender flares

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock