Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  Pontiac race cars for body kit inspirations 10 pics to start. 56K MODEM WARNIG (Page 3)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 4 pages long:  1   2   3   4 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Pontiac race cars for body kit inspirations 10 pics to start. 56K MODEM WARNIG by Australian
Started on: 12-04-2009 06:16 AM
Replies: 144 (9850 views)
Last post by: fieroall on 01-05-2016 04:48 PM
rourke_87_T-Top

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-12-2009 09:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rourke_87_T-TopSend a Private Message to rourke_87_T-TopEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
IP: Logged
R Runner

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 98
Rate this member

Report this Post01-11-2010 09:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for R RunnerSend a Private Message to R RunnerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks to kwagner I have learned how to upload to YouTube! He hooked me up with a program that converst to mp4..... ( I know, I'm behind in the times....)

Anyway, here is the first video I uploaded. Wheatstock 2004 Autocross....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-S3BFRrr6cY

------------------
Paul

My IMSA Build: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/789315
HHP Adjustable Sway Bars: //www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum4/HTML/036556.html

rourke_87_T-Top

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-11-2010 10:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rourke_87_T-TopSend a Private Message to rourke_87_T-TopEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

[This message has been edited by rourke_87_T-Top (edited 06-21-2012).]

rourke_87_T-Top

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-11-2010 11:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rourke_87_T-TopSend a Private Message to rourke_87_T-TopEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

rourke_87_T-Top

1347 posts
Member since Jan 2009

[This message has been edited by rourke_87_T-Top (edited 06-21-2012).]

Fiero84Freak

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 66
Rate this member

Report this Post01-11-2010 11:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero84FreakSend a Private Message to Fiero84FreakEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If there was ever a such thing as win on the internet as relating to the world of Fieros this thread would win all there is to win that could possibly even be won.
Australian

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-12-2010 05:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AustralianClick Here to visit Australian's HomePageSend a Private Message to AustralianEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for the videos too guys hmmm quite fast.
rourke_87_T-Top

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-12-2010 10:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rourke_87_T-TopSend a Private Message to rourke_87_T-TopEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hVC2aBGVTN8 Clay Young in the #84 Dole
rourke_87_T-Top

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-12-2010 10:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rourke_87_T-TopSend a Private Message to rourke_87_T-TopEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

rourke_87_T-Top

1347 posts
Member since Jan 2009
1988holleyformula

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post01-12-2010 11:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 1988holleyformulaSend a Private Message to 1988holleyformulaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Pretty sure madcurls and troyboys cars aren't my two dream Fieros anymore, this thread may have changed me!

[This message has been edited by 1988holleyformula (edited 01-12-2010).]

rourke_87_T-Top

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-12-2010 11:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rourke_87_T-TopSend a Private Message to rourke_87_T-TopEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Dave Deerson

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-12-2010 05:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dave DeersonSend a Private Message to Dave DeersonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Those racing videos are great!! I sort of have a connection to the Sebring 1988 video. If you keep watching after the Huffaker Fiero goes by at 5:38 you will see a teal colored TIGA go by. I work on that car for a customer and it was hear last winter!! It won it's class( Camel light) at Datona 24 and Sebring that year.

Keep the pics and videos coming!!!

PFF
System Bot
TopNotch

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 60
Rate this member

Report this Post01-12-2010 06:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TopNotchClick Here to visit TopNotch's HomePageSend a Private Message to TopNotchEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
From the 25th....

kwagner

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post01-12-2010 07:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kwagnerClick Here to visit kwagner's HomePageSend a Private Message to kwagnerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It's so great to see these cars doing what they were made to do, out there going full throttle. It's nice to see still photos, and seeing them at car shows is good as well, but there's something about seeing them come alive
R Runner

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-12-2010 08:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for R RunnerSend a Private Message to R RunnerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
TopNotch....

Those are some really nice pictures of my car. Thanks for taking and posting them!
red85gt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2010 04:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for red85gtClick Here to visit red85gt's HomePageSend a Private Message to red85gtEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What happened to all the classic race cars? were they crashed and crushed?

------------------
85 GT 4 speed 2.8L auto X'er

www.freewebs.com/saskatoonfieros/

Dave Deerson

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2010 07:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Dave DeersonSend a Private Message to Dave DeersonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
After a few seasons in Pro racing, the cars are either outdated in their performance and replaced or they are not eligible due to the production model no longer made. Either way the cars would then pass through owners using them in club events or SCCA . Then after all usable life has been sucked out over the seasons,they end up like this, sitting in storage or behind someone's shop to rust away..............

Most of the Fieros were sold off to race in other venues. A few are down in Puerto Rico( 1 or 2 of the Huffaker cars),some,I had heard went to Central America as they fit into a popular race catagory very well. Then there are a few left here in the US being used as SCCA GT-2 cars ...........
This is John Kerkoff' in Northern CA. This is the early Huffaker-built "Pickway Shoes" IMSA car ..

This is a later Huffaker car driven by Trans Am racer Jorge Diaz early in his career. This car would later be restored in black with "Texaco" sponsorship, and that pic has been shown before...

Also this later Huffaker car in in northern CA currently raced in SCCA GT-2 by a guy who I only know as Terry. he contacted me last year for new body parts...

So, they are still out there being used. Some are still buried away for someone to find. I know of one Huffaker car that can be had for not much money( relative to racecar prices). If interested, I think somewhere around $20k to $25k would get a complete car with spare engines,trans and more.

kwagner

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2010 10:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for kwagnerClick Here to visit kwagner's HomePageSend a Private Message to kwagnerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Interesting... what kind of shape is it in? Just need a tuneup, or a complete teardown? That $25k could turn into a lot more pretty quick.
Dave Deerson

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2010 11:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Dave DeersonSend a Private Message to Dave DeersonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The car in question will most likely need a "going over" to get it back on the track. I agree that $25k IS alot of money,but in the world of GT tube chassis race cars, those are the numbers that cars go for. A good regional GT-1 or 2 car will go for $30k and up( a national level Riley&Scott GT1 car goes for $80k to $120k!!). I understand that the Dingman Brothers Fiero was sold for something over $120k,and it will need a complete mechanical restoration! The tube chassis cars are very expansive toys,expensive to buy/build and expensive to maintain. Paul Hosler and I can attest to that. We started our projects with a number to complete in our heads ,and before long, that number was surpassed by a large margin!!
R Runner

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2010 12:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for R RunnerSend a Private Message to R RunnerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Dave Deerson:

The tube chassis cars are very expansive toys,expensive to buy/build and expensive to maintain. Paul Hosler and I can attest to that. We started our projects with a number to complete in our heads ,and before long, that number was surpassed by a large margin!!

What he said! $25K is not a bad price even if you have to put $15K more into it.
R Runner

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2010 12:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for R RunnerSend a Private Message to R RunnerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

R Runner

3678 posts
Member since Feb 2003
Hey Dave..... Did you see my in-car video?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-S3BFRrr6cY
Dave Deerson

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2010 01:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dave DeersonSend a Private Message to Dave DeersonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Paul, Yea I saw it the other day! Great footage!! Was that back before the car was painted? I wish I could add to the in-car footage list,but I have nothing to offer. The only footage is of me doing some slow laps around the Glen in either a rookie or intermediate run group that I jumped on track with to just test the camera and see how the aim was. The next hot session for me was when I spun/banged the Armco,and no, I didn't get that on camera- I forgot to turn it on--Honest!!
PFF
System Bot
red85gt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2010 02:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for red85gtClick Here to visit red85gt's HomePageSend a Private Message to red85gtEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That would be a small price to pay for a piece of history for sure
TopNotch

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 60
Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2010 02:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TopNotchClick Here to visit TopNotch's HomePageSend a Private Message to TopNotchEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ordinary Fieros do pretty good on the curves, too. This is Fierofool, in his 85 GT.

kwagner

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2010 02:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kwagnerClick Here to visit kwagner's HomePageSend a Private Message to kwagnerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Dave Deerson:

The car in question will most likely need a "going over" to get it back on the track. I agree that $25k IS alot of money,but in the world of GT tube chassis race cars, those are the numbers that cars go for.

I wasn't saying $25k is a lot (well it is, but not for a racecar, especially considering in the 80s they cost $45k without spares according to the car and driver article I read). I was trying to get an idea for how much more would have to be put into it once acquired to make it raceworthy again (since you and Paul have been there you might be able to provide some numbers). Is it related to any of the historically known IMSA teams/cars, or is it one someone bought at the time to use in other racing venues? And to make it relevant to the thread, where's the pics?
Dave Deerson

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2010 05:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dave DeersonSend a Private Message to Dave DeersonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It's the notchback #84 in my post from this morning. John Kerkoff's car. It has IMSA History as the Pickway shoes car,also driven by Lorenzo Lamas. I would take the car apart and nut and bolt it. Meaning replace all suspension bolts and heim joints. The body I'm sure is full of repairs and body putty as most old race cars are. This makes the panels very heavy! My original doors that came with my car had to weigh 7-10lbs when the new ones I replaced them with were lights as feathers! Then would also be the best time to strip and paint/powder coat the chassis and inspect for cracks and botched repairs. There is a fair amount of labor time involved to get an old racecar back on track,and we haven't even opened up the engine,trans or checked to see how old the fuel cell bladder is!!
kwagner

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2010 06:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kwagnerClick Here to visit kwagner's HomePageSend a Private Message to kwagnerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Indeed, which makes yours and Paul's cars all the more impressive.

I am willing to offer up to 5000 dollars, in cash, for that car. I'm sure he'll jump on that (worth a shot, someday I'll be able to afford one )
madcurl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post04-02-2010 11:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump cause, Pontiac beauty is here.

SuperchargedV6

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 175
Rate this member

Report this Post04-03-2010 11:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SuperchargedV6Send a Private Message to SuperchargedV6Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Here is mine which is the original and here is a shot of the car John Callies Built from his original pics he sent me. Rick B

[This message has been edited by SuperchargedV6 (edited 01-03-2016).]

loudecuz

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-14-2011 10:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for loudecuzClick Here to visit loudecuz's HomePageSend a Private Message to loudecuzEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The 24 hours of lemons is fun! Heres our car still having reliablity issue started snapping chinese axles
loudecuz

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-14-2011 10:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for loudecuzClick Here to visit loudecuz's HomePageSend a Private Message to loudecuzEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

loudecuz

116 posts
Member since Sep 2010
loudecuz

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-14-2011 10:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for loudecuzClick Here to visit loudecuz's HomePageSend a Private Message to loudecuzEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

loudecuz

116 posts
Member since Sep 2010
PFF
System Bot
kwagner

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2011 10:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for kwagnerClick Here to visit kwagner's HomePageSend a Private Message to kwagnerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by loudecuz:

The 24 hours of lemons is fun! Heres our car still having reliablity issue started snapping chinese axles

Thanks for posting and for the bump It was good to go through these old photos/videos again. Any vids of your car?
KurtAKX

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 128
Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2011 03:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KurtAKXSend a Private Message to KurtAKXEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FieroMonkey:

Want.
iluvsd619

Feedback score:    (25)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-16-2011 03:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for iluvsd619Send a Private Message to iluvsd619Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I miss Pontiac!
CoolBlue87GT

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 151
Rate this member

Report this Post01-16-2011 05:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CoolBlue87GTSend a Private Message to CoolBlue87GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It took me awhile to notice a Fiero in that shot.

[This message has been edited by CoolBlue87GT (edited 01-16-2011).]

americasfuture2k

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 105
Rate this member

Report this Post01-16-2011 05:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for americasfuture2kSend a Private Message to americasfuture2kEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hop

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-16-2011 05:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HopSend a Private Message to HopEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have an 87 Fiero Race Car that I have had sold several times and distance to pick it up, family emergency or money has always voided the deal. Still in my garage looking for a new home, I had it listed in the mall, FS 87 Fiero Race Car - Pennock's Fiero Forum
rourke_87_T-Top

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-16-2011 06:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rourke_87_T-TopSend a Private Message to rourke_87_T-TopEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
SuperchargedV6

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 175
Rate this member

Report this Post01-16-2011 11:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SuperchargedV6Send a Private Message to SuperchargedV6Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Here is another one very few have ever seen and Bob Birchmier would really love to find this one again. Rick B

Edited for pics with new hoster.

[This message has been edited by SuperchargedV6 (edited 03-27-2013).]

Dave Deerson

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-17-2011 08:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Dave DeersonSend a Private Message to Dave DeersonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by rourke_87_T-Top:

A shot of my car: Miami GP 1987
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 4 pages long:  1   2   3   4 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay