Alabama Fiero Club by fieroboom
Started on: 02-03-2009 03:38 PM
Replies: 123 (3334 views)
Last post by: tmadia on 02-16-2020 08:56 AM
Ratfink

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-17-2011 07:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RatfinkSend a Private Message to RatfinkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
No Mines not running yet, However I have a Friend with a Red notchie running a 3800SC,,,,It's fast!
IP: Logged
Ratfink

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-18-2011 04:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RatfinkSend a Private Message to RatfinkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Oh great I make a reply and killed the thread!
Malkier

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-19-2011 11:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MalkierSend a Private Message to MalkierEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You didn't kill it. Haven't seen much action with Fiero folks in Alabama. Keep hope alive that one day it will.

AUFiero

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-24-2011 11:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AUFieroSend a Private Message to AUFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Its not killed. There's just not much happening. I know I don't have much free time for Fieros. Next time I see the red notchback I'll have to holler. I've never actually seen 3800SC in person.
Ratfink

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-24-2011 12:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RatfinkSend a Private Message to RatfinkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looks like the interest is there,,,,,,Who knows maybe it's time for another Alabama Fiero club!
Ratfink

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-11-2011 08:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RatfinkSend a Private Message to RatfinkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
There I killed it again!!
Jim_Martin29

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-11-2011 01:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jim_Martin29Send a Private Message to Jim_Martin29Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Ratfink:

There I killed it again!!

It's still not dead.

I'm with you guys in heart. I'm a former Huntsville resident (a long time ago, in the early 1970s, before I joined the Navy). I used to work at a radio station that is probably not there anymore, WRSA.

My father worked at Redstone Arsenal from about 1971 until about 1979.

------------------
Jim Martin
White '86 GT
Monterey, California

fierofool

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post10-11-2011 03:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Gary, do you still have a Fiero? I thought you had sold your GT. Whatever happened to Fieroboom? I had high hopes that you two would be able to resurrect a club in Alabama. If you're out here visiting your daughter on meeting day, drop in to see us.
Ratfink

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-13-2011 11:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RatfinkSend a Private Message to RatfinkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierofool:Gary, do you still have a Fiero? I thought you had sold your GT. Whatever happened to Fieroboom? I had high hopes that you two would be able to resurrect a club in Alabama. If you're out here visiting your daughter on meeting day, drop in to see us.

E-mail sent!!,,,,,INCOMEING!!

[This message has been edited by Ratfink (edited 10-13-2011).]

Malkier

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-23-2011 12:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MalkierSend a Private Message to MalkierEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
http://www.huntsvillecarsce...t=4615#axzz1bTEwV0JS

It's a little late, but their is a car show in Providence for those around Huntsville AL ... put the AL down because I've seen a lot of people confused with Huntsville TX

Malkier

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-22-2012 06:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MalkierSend a Private Message to MalkierEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
bump
PFF
System Bot
Samir

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-23-2012 07:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SamirClick Here to visit Samir's HomePageSend a Private Message to SamirEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I've actually seen quite a few Fieros driving around--a lot more than there normally should be for a car of this age. You don't drive one unless you're a Fiero enthusiast. We should get everyone together!

------------------
Pics and Videos of the Huntsville Car Scene: www.huntsvillecarscene.com
Pics of the Huntsville Night Life: www.thetoe.cc

Malkier

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-23-2012 12:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MalkierSend a Private Message to MalkierEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Samir:

I've actually seen quite a few Fieros driving around--a lot more than there normally should be for a car of this age. You don't drive one unless you're a Fiero enthusiast. We should get everyone together!

I've seen a couple on the Arsenal and around town, but I'm never driving mine when I do. They just see a 'crazy guy' in a blue 03 Pontiac Sunfire smiling and waving! I'll keep chugging along - eventually a new Alabama/Huntsville club will happen.
Raydar

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post12-23-2012 01:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey Samir! Good to see you!
I was one of the GA guys who came up for the Swap Meet and Dyno runs. (Different car than I have now.)

Glad you're still covering the scene!

I'm not surprised that there are more than the usual number of Fieros up there, since the Fiero Factory is just outside town.
Ever talk with Jeremy?
Boomtastic also works at/near Redstone. I don't know if his white Formula is a "driver" or not.

------------------
Raydar
88 Formula IMSA Fastback. 4.9, NVG T550

Praise the Lowered!

Malkier

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-23-2012 01:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MalkierSend a Private Message to MalkierEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey Raydar,
I went to a the second to last Swap Meet (before I had a Fiero) and that got me hooked. If my memory serves, you had you other car up for sale at that time? Now I'm on my second 88 GT.

Jeremy is around - he's expanding his work to include more than just Fiero's. Talked to him a couple of times at local car shows about when/if a Swap Meet will happen again. Realize it takes a lot of time and effort to pull it off, so maybe one day.

Samir is super busy running around snapping ton's of quality pictures of all car related events.
Raydar

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post12-23-2012 02:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I think I had my current car (the gray one) for sale, but it was out of everyone's price range.
I ended up selling the red whale-tail 3.4 coupe.
I decided I missed the 5 speed, so I immediately set out to swap one in to the gray car.

I'm probably done buying Fieros unless the "holy grail" gets dropped into my lap.
(That would be an 88 GT 5 speed w/ t-tops. White, silver, or medium red - aka burgundy.)
...or something unusual that strikes my fancy, like a pristine 5 speed 88 coupe, that can be the basis for an Ecotec swap.

I doubt that Jeremy is going to do another swap meet. We have an aging car with an aging owner base. Probably not practical from a financial perspective.

[This message has been edited by Raydar (edited 12-23-2012).]

fierofool

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-23-2012 07:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ron768 works at Redstone and lives just west of it. He has a red 85SE 2m6 bumperpad with a whaletale. Currently down to remove the images of a guardrail from the front end.
Malkier

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-04-2013 12:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MalkierSend a Private Message to MalkierEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump - it's spring time and checking to see if any other Fiero people are around.
Samir

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-04-2013 07:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SamirClick Here to visit Samir's HomePageSend a Private Message to SamirEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Raydar:

Hey Samir! Good to see you!
I was one of the GA guys who came up for the Swap Meet and Dyno runs. (Different car than I have now.)

Glad you're still covering the scene!

I'm not surprised that there are more than the usual number of Fieros up there, since the Fiero Factory is just outside town.
Ever talk with Jeremy?
Boomtastic also works at/near Redstone. I don't know if his white Formula is a "driver" or not.

Yep, I remember you. That was a seriously good time! I do see Jeremy from time-to-time at the First Wednesday Meet in Providence. We should get all the Fieros out there one month!

------------------

Samir

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-04-2013 10:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SamirClick Here to visit Samir's HomePageSend a Private Message to SamirEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Samir

12 posts
Member since May 2005

Originally posted by Malkier:

Hey Raydar,
I went to a the second to last Swap Meet (before I had a Fiero) and that got me hooked. If my memory serves, you had you other car up for sale at that time? Now I'm on my second 88 GT.

Jeremy is around - he's expanding his work to include more than just Fiero's. Talked to him a couple of times at local car shows about when/if a Swap Meet will happen again. Realize it takes a lot of time and effort to pull it off, so maybe one day.

Samir is super busy running around snapping ton's of quality pictures of all car related events.
Glad to see you still keeping the Fiero fever alive. And I've been totally swamped after moving and getting married. It's taking a bit of time to get everything settled back down.

------------------

Malkier

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-05-2013 11:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MalkierSend a Private Message to MalkierEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey Samir, Congrats on the wedding! I'm going to try an make the car show below - maybe I'll see you then.

Hey all North AL and South Central TN,

Car show this weekend
2ND ANNUAL CAR SHOW & FAMILY FESTIVAL
presented by WheelFixIt, benefiting R. Fathers M.A.D.
Saturday JUNE 8, 2103
10AM-3PM at Insanity Skate Park

http://www.insanityskate.com/park/events.html
PFF
System Bot
Malkier

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-15-2013 09:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MalkierSend a Private Message to MalkierEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Past two weeks I've seen two different GT fastbacks coming through Gate 9 on Redstone Arsenal. Anybody on here?
fierofool

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-15-2013 10:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I don't know about the fastbacks, but you might see an 85SE at Redstone, too. Ron768 is there. We'll be doing a trial run of RFTH 18 this Saturday, starting in Scottsboro. Ron in his 85 and I in my 87 GT will be leaving Huntsville from the west side of Redstone to be in Scottsboro before 9. Why don't you join us, some other Fieros and I hear there may be a bike and a couple of 'Vettes along, too.
Sjuice

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-16-2013 02:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SjuiceClick Here to visit Sjuice's HomePageSend a Private Message to SjuiceEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I've seen one or two around Research Park. at least one heading down Research towards gate 9. And the maroon GT in the university Wal-Mart lot.
Been working to get my 88 back on the road after the fuel pump went out. I put one of Amida's 512 noses on it last fall. Hoping to get it fixed up a little more soon.
Seems I've see more around here when I've been in one of my other cars.
Formula Owner

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-16-2013 01:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula OwnerSend a Private Message to Formula OwnerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I and my white Formula show up on the roads every so often, but not near RSA. I stay away from the Arsenal as much as I can.
Malkier

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-16-2013 06:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MalkierSend a Private Message to MalkierEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Fierofool - I'll look up the RFTH. Just went up to Gurly last weekend to take the 88 for a spin. When/where are you meeting on the west side of the arsenal? If nothing else I'd like to meet up with you for a little bit. I live on the NW corner of the arsenal off Slaughter Road.

Sjuice - We should meet up and compare 'noses' - I've got an Amida 355. Same for me about seeing other Fiero's - always in my 03 Pontiac Sunfire (blue).

Formula Owner - with gate traffic I can't blame you about staying away from the Arsenal. If I could I'd avoid it too. Plus, I haven't tried the speed bumps yet to see if I hang on them.

IMSA GT

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 251
Rate this member

Report this Post07-16-2013 08:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Does anyone know what happened to Paul ( fieroboom )?

He used to be a pretty cool guy on here and then one day, he was gone.

[This message has been edited by IMSA GT (edited 07-16-2013).]

fierofool

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-16-2013 08:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'll be in that area, too. Near Lady Ann Lake and Zierdt Road.

Like you said, Fieroboom just disappeared around the time he moved. He came back on briefly but disappeared again. There was another guy named Gary Collins, whose username I can't remember, but he had reasonable contacts with him. Last I heard, he had lost contact, too.

[This message has been edited by fierofool (edited 07-16-2013).]

Malkier

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2013 10:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MalkierSend a Private Message to MalkierEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Tossing a thought out here: How about a cruise in coming up this weekend as part of a larger car show? There are several this Saturday ...
Huntsville Car Scene Calandar

Several shows throughout the day ...
Hazel Green High School @ 8AM
Hooters @ 11AM
Dreamland @ 3PM
A&W @ 6PM

Also, any interest in forming up a club of 'Mid-Engine' enthusiasts - Saw an NSX and a Delorean this past weekend. Yes, I realize the Delorean is technically a 'Rear-Engine' layout, but you get the idea.
Sjuice

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2013 02:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SjuiceClick Here to visit Sjuice's HomePageSend a Private Message to SjuiceEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I may try to catch it at Dreamland and/or a&w. been working on a number of issues with my 88 just finished the new fuel pump and related replacements. need to replace the heater core this week turn the fogger back into a defogger. if work and weather would cooperate in the evenings.

[This message has been edited by Sjuice (edited 07-23-2013).]

Malkier

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2013 11:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MalkierSend a Private Message to MalkierEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hopefully the weather will cooperate. If it does, I just might try and make all 4. Sure would make for a long day.
PFF
System Bot
Malkier

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-25-2013 10:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MalkierSend a Private Message to MalkierEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looks like I'll try to make the Hazel Green and A&W shows.

Anybody up to resurrecting a Fiero Club?
Sjuice

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2013 09:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SjuiceClick Here to visit Sjuice's HomePageSend a Private Message to SjuiceEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I should be able to at least make it to A&W. Hope to catch Dreamland but would be toward the end maybe

How many Fiero folks are in the Huntsville/Tennessee valley area? or orphaned auto enthusiast?
Malkier

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2013 09:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MalkierSend a Private Message to MalkierEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Sjuice:
How many Fiero folks are in the Huntsville/Tennessee valley area? or orphaned auto enthusiast?

We can start with two.

Just finished cleaning my car up. It's so much fun going to a show and about half don't have a clue what kind of car it is ... Especially the born after the 80's generation.
Malkier

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2013 04:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MalkierSend a Private Message to MalkierEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
well dang, skipped the show this morning to help fix the neighbors roof before it got hot and can't make the one tonight.

------------------
88 Fiero GT; 03 Sunfire; 86 Chevy Silverado; 09 Vibe GT; 57 Chevy Bel Air
"Be an optimist, at least until they start moving animals in pairs to Cape Kennedy." Anonymous.

Malkier

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2013 06:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MalkierSend a Private Message to MalkierEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Sjuice:

I should be able to at least make it to A&W. Hope to catch Dreamland but would be toward the end maybe

Did you make any events? I'm on Huntsville Car Scene as well, but post less often than I do here. Been posting a lot more lately due to forced furlough and no OT. Freed up a lot of my time, but at the cost of delaying products to the soldier .

No sure how many are around - doesn't seem like many.
Sjuice

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2013 10:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SjuiceClick Here to visit Sjuice's HomePageSend a Private Message to SjuiceEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I was able to make it to A&W, not a big event but not in the afternoon heat either. about 25 cars or so. I'm not in the local car seen much but do like to take a break and check things out once in a while. Didn't show my car just wanted to check out the scene. Auburn/Opelika used to have a few casual once a month shows around town managed to get to a few. would like to get more of my car restored/updated and repainted.

I've been busy at work lately but have managed to do a few minor fixes on my 88 lately. haven't worked anywhere near as much overtime as last year but the stress seems to be picking at me more this year.
ron768

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-31-2013 03:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ron768Send a Private Message to ron768Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
As VP of the Georgia Fiero Club, I would like to extend an invite to join us for the 18th RFTH's ! We will basing out of Dahlonega for this years run. Check out our web site for more info.
Malkier

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-03-2013 12:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MalkierSend a Private Message to MalkierEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ron768:

As VP of the Georgia Fiero Club, I would like to extend an invite to join us for the 18th RFTH's ! We will basing out of Dahlonega for this years run. Check out our web site for more info.

Sounds great, I'll go check it out on the other website.
Malkier

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-03-2013 12:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MalkierSend a Private Message to MalkierEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Malkier

164 posts
Member since Jul 2009
Ardmore Car Show is next weekend. They are giving away a 2004 Chrysler Crossfire, tons of cash, and prizes! Over 1500 cars last year ... Live music, kid friendly, swap meet, and vendors.

http://khanitech.com/ardmorecarshow/

edited to add link to events page:
Events Page - More info

[This message has been edited by Malkier (edited 08-03-2013).]

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 4 pages long:  1   2   3   4 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors