Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  Dew Wipe Review : DIY_Stu vs. Fiero Store (Page 2)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Dew Wipe Review : DIY_Stu vs. Fiero Store by IMSA GT
Started on: 09-10-2008 01:04 AM
Replies: 64 (7885 views)
Last post by: Napoleon_Tanerite on 09-24-2015 11:58 AM
IMSA GT

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 251
Rate this member

Report this Post02-18-2009 03:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump for the new members.
IP: Logged
carbon

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 132
Rate this member

Report this Post10-15-2009 07:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for carbonSend a Private Message to carbonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
8 Month bump... Great review.
zigaroo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-15-2009 03:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for zigarooSend a Private Message to zigarooEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Annnnd I now know where I'll be getting my dew's.
GS Jon

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-15-2009 08:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GS JonClick Here to visit GS Jon's HomePageSend a Private Message to GS JonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just to put in my two cents here, I purchased a full set from Stu a few months back, and they're still high quality pieces. I haven't found the time to install them yet, but I will get around to it. Thanks Stu for refusing to compromise on quality!
katore8105

Feedback score:    (28)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-28-2010 12:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for katore8105Click Here to visit katore8105's HomePageSend a Private Message to katore8105Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Great review. I am in dire need of new wipes on my 87 SE and I was going to get some from TFS. Hardpact recommended DIYS stating that some people say his is better and that was what he used and liked them. I see that "some people say his is better" was an understatement! Nice to see some high quality, Made in USA parts for once! I know what I will be getting when the time comes after this engine swap.
DIY_Stu

Feedback score:    (50)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 111
Rate this member

Report this Post03-06-2010 03:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DIY_StuClick Here to visit DIY_Stu's HomePageSend a Private Message to DIY_StuEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump for Antuzzi.
Sold out
Placing my orders now.
faaaaq

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 121
Rate this member

Report this Post03-06-2010 07:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for faaaaqSend a Private Message to faaaaqEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by DIY_Stu:

Bump for Antuzzi.
Sold out
Placing my orders now.

Think you'll have some in stock, or be able to make some, a couple months from now? In desperate need, my stock sets are turning to stone and dust lol. My drivers door window is scratched to hell from rolling it down ONCE...
BLB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-27-2011 04:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BLBSend a Private Message to BLBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'd like to get on the list for a pair also. I'm new here, how do I put an order in for Stu's wonder wipes?
Gall757

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 90
Rate this member

Report this Post04-27-2011 04:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gall757Send a Private Message to Gall757Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I see that you found Stu's Thread. That'll work.
Frizlefrak

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 72
Rate this member

Report this Post04-27-2011 09:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FrizlefrakSend a Private Message to FrizlefrakEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Glad to see this one stay out of the archives.....

Just installed a set of Stu's product on my 22K mile all original GT this week. Everything good you've heard about Stu's workmanship is true.
IMSA GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-27-2011 10:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It's nice to see that 2.5 years later, my review is still helping people out. For those that have not purchased Stu's dew wipes, you are truly missing out on a very high quality product. The factory dew wipes are still going strong over 20 years later on some people's vehicles. With the advances in technology in regards to the composition of todays rubber material, Stu's should last just as long or even longer than the originals. I'm glad to finally see a product that is in such high demand. If you haven't had a chance to buy a set for your car, do yourself a favor and get a pair. You will not be sorry.
PFF
System Bot
blakeinspace

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 120
Rate this member

Report this Post04-28-2011 03:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blakeinspaceSend a Private Message to blakeinspaceEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Guess what I (we... Stu and I... mostly Stu... some I...) just installed on my '84 tonight?...

Inners and Outers from the man himself.

I made some joking cutdown about something... and then he threatened to take his wipes off and give me his TFS set that he uses for demo purposes and side by side comparisons...

Lets just say I quickly retracted my joke.

Thanks Stu!... (he even gave me a Mountain Dew!)
DIY_Stu

Feedback score:    (50)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 111
Rate this member

Report this Post04-28-2011 08:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DIY_StuClick Here to visit DIY_Stu's HomePageSend a Private Message to DIY_StuEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
i'm shocked you'd give me props after we chipped the paint....
michhiker28

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-28-2011 08:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for michhiker28Send a Private Message to michhiker28Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Stu, can I place on order for outers?

--MH
Rick 88

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-28-2011 12:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rick 88Send a Private Message to Rick 88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hi Stu,

I have been trying to get ahold of you for some dew wipes. Please PM me when you can.

Rick
canfirst

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-17-2012 08:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for canfirstSend a Private Message to canfirstEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Has anyone heard how Stu is doing lately and any word on if or when he will be back in production?
I believe he had an assistant helping him out at one time, did that work out, or is there someone locally that can help him carry on production while he is busy with important family matters?
I'm sure there is a big backlog of orders waiting in the wings for Stu to work his magic.
tesmith66

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 135
Rate this member

Report this Post03-17-2012 09:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tesmith66Send a Private Message to tesmith66Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Add me to the waiting list.

------------------
1986 SE Aero coupe. 3.4 DOHC swap is underway!

Napoleon_Tanerite

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-23-2015 07:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Napoleon_TaneriteSend a Private Message to Napoleon_TaneriteEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump. In the market for these. I know this thread is old, but is STU still making these? If now, what's the best alternative? Has TFS improved their quality?
Gall757

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 90
Rate this member

Report this Post09-23-2015 08:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gall757Send a Private Message to Gall757Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I don't know how this thread is not archived..... I think Stu is not making them any more, but forum member Seajai might be, PM him for more info.
fierogt28

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-23-2015 09:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogt28Send a Private Message to fierogt28Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I hope Stu is still around...interesting and awesome craftsmanship.

I'd be in for a set. (inner and outer)

Thanks,
IMSA GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-23-2015 09:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Gall757:

I don't know how this thread is not archived..... I think Stu is not making them any more, but forum member Seajai might be, PM him for more info.

No kidding about the archive. I forgot that I even created this thread.

You are correct that Sejai is now making these over in the Mall. As far as the Fiero Store, they will usually improve their products if there are complaints but I have no idea what their dew wipe quality is today.
PFF
System Bot
bkw88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-23-2015 09:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bkw88Send a Private Message to bkw88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You can't have a better review of a product than that. Wow!!! What a great job
I have a set of DIY STU WIPES. THE ARE EXCELLENT QUAILITY!!!! Defiantly a product to recommend to anyone!!!!!
Brian
tshark

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post09-24-2015 08:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wow. I read the thread. Don't need a set yet, but ready to buy...but he's not making them, anymore, apparently.
mrfred8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-24-2015 11:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfred8Click Here to visit mrfred8's HomePageSend a Private Message to mrfred8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Having seen both Seajai's and Stu's they are the same quality. Until / Unless Stu starts back up I would highly recommend Seajai's
Napoleon_Tanerite

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-24-2015 11:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Napoleon_TaneriteSend a Private Message to Napoleon_TaneriteEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/F...4/HTML/068262-6.html

Looks like that ship has just sailed, as least for the time being. I may be stuck with TFS for now.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock