The unofficial Chop Top list by jscott1
Started on: 03-27-2007 11:41 AM
Replies: 149 (9553 views)
Last post by: Rare87GT on 04-22-2024 09:29 AM
Easy8

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-20-2018 06:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Easy8Send a Private Message to Easy8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I still like chop tops but I do not speak for everyone. I miss mine, and can wait till I can get it out of storage... couple of months to go.
IP: Logged
sourmash

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 50
User Banned

Report this Post11-20-2018 06:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sourmashSend a Private Message to sourmashEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
How many sets of the actual glass side windows were produced?
Easy8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-20-2018 08:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Easy8Send a Private Message to Easy8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I want to say 25, but I am probably wrong. They are very hard to come by and you pay for them. My car has a set in it. Windows still leak but I will fix that.... soon..ish
sourmash

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post11-20-2018 08:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sourmashSend a Private Message to sourmashEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I've got a set. Seems like they are number 28 and 29 though.
Easy8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-20-2018 09:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Easy8Send a Private Message to Easy8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Are they in a car? Or something you have planned for down the road?
sourmash

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post11-20-2018 09:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sourmashSend a Private Message to sourmashEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I didn't really want to say. ;> ) Oh, what the heck. They're in a car. They aren't for sale for anyone reading later on, though. Maybe they were numbered 1 to 50 if there were 25 pairs?

[This message has been edited by sourmash (edited 11-20-2018).]

Easy8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-21-2018 09:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Easy8Send a Private Message to Easy8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Good to hear they are in a car, have we seen pictures of this car?? chop top parts belong on the road, chops are just to damn sexy to be left packed away.
sourmash

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post11-22-2018 10:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sourmashSend a Private Message to sourmashEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yeah, it's packed away. I can't get to it for a while, but that time might come this next year. House reno is taking all the time and even money I haven't earned yet.
DL10

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 160
Rate this member

Report this Post11-27-2018 10:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DL10Click Here to visit DL10's HomePageSend a Private Message to DL10Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
To the question earlier..Do people still like choptops ... not sure how many still want to own one but The GBCT was just voted by the people Best of Show..Custom or modified at the 35th anniversary show .

KissMySSFiero

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 111
Rate this member

Report this Post11-27-2018 04:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KissMySSFieroSend a Private Message to KissMySSFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by DL10:

To the question earlier..Do people still like choptops ... not sure how many still want to own one but The GBCT was just voted by the people Best of Show..Custom or modified at the 35th anniversary show .

That’s was me that brought this thread back.
I don’t know if you remember, but you let me drive the GBCT during your first ownership.
I’ve always loved that car. When I heard you sold it I was shocked. I would have bought it in a heartbeat.
But I now have my own.
It will most likely get a gt front and Archie rockers. I already had them.
I’m also building an LS4/f23 combo that will go in. I’m finishing my degree in May. So I’ll finally have a free minute.
I’ll post more pics sometime soon.

------------------
SSFiero@Aol.com

[This message has been edited by KissMySSFiero (edited 11-27-2018).]

DL10

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-27-2018 04:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DL10Click Here to visit DL10's HomePageSend a Private Message to DL10Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Your car is looking good... I was kind of screwed on that sale..long story.. I am wanting to sell the car still asking $15,000 or best offer😎
PFF
System Bot
KissMySSFiero

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 111
Rate this member

Report this Post11-28-2018 03:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KissMySSFieroSend a Private Message to KissMySSFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Your car is looking good... I was kind of screwed on that sale..long story.. I am wanting to sell the car still asking $15,000 or best offer😎

that's a pretty good deal if you ask me.
Archie

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 546
Rate this member

Report this Post12-05-2018 01:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I didn't know that. Congrats Dave!

Archie
DL10

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-05-2018 07:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DL10Click Here to visit DL10's HomePageSend a Private Message to DL10Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Archie... the GBCT got lots of Love by the people but not the judges. I didn’t place in the judged class of 8 cars but got several awards by the people
Voted Hottest car on the show field by the Firemen
Top five pick by one of the speakers Ben Scheiwe
Top five custom/modified popular vote
And I was really blown away that a car that didn’t place in it’s judged class was voted Best of Show by the people

[This message has been edited by DL10 (edited 12-05-2018).]

Falcon Fiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 67
Rate this member

Report this Post12-06-2018 12:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Falcon FieroSend a Private Message to Falcon FieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Archie... the GBCT got lots of Love by the people but not the judges. I didn’t place in the judged class of 8 cars but got several awards by the people
Voted Hottest car on the show field by the Firemen
Top five pick by one of the speakers Ben Scheiwe
Top five custom/modified popular vote
And I was really blown away that a car that didn’t place in it’s judged class was voted Best of Show by the people

Do you have any photos of the GBCT at the show?

------------------

Habanera Hal

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-06-2018 08:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Habanera HalSend a Private Message to Habanera HalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I love that rear bumper!
DL10

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-06-2018 10:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DL10Click Here to visit DL10's HomePageSend a Private Message to DL10Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Falcon Fiero:

Do you have any photos of the GBCT at the show?

My wife may have a few but to much trouble for me to post pictures here...
Archie

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 546
Rate this member

Report this Post12-08-2018 02:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

My wife may have a few but to much trouble for me to post pictures here...

Can you email some to me?

A
Steel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-11-2018 12:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SteelSend a Private Message to SteelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

DL10

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-11-2018 02:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DL10Click Here to visit DL10's HomePageSend a Private Message to DL10Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for posting the pictures. 👍
shemdogg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-11-2018 08:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for shemdoggSend a Private Message to shemdoggEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The blue fiero is sweet, the model looks bad arse! I chopped n narrowed my top does that count?

shem
PFF
System Bot
Falcon Fiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 67
Rate this member

Report this Post12-12-2018 08:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Falcon FieroSend a Private Message to Falcon FieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Thanks for posting the pictures. 👍

Sure looks great! Did you install the glass windows?

------------------

DL10

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-13-2018 12:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DL10Click Here to visit DL10's HomePageSend a Private Message to DL10Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Falcon Fiero:

Sure looks great! Did you install the glass windows?

Yes ... along with the new hood, rockers, lip spoiler, paint job , wheels and tires..
ChopTop

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-15-2018 07:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ChopTopSend a Private Message to ChopTopEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I still like choptops, so much that I made it my forum name. I've still pop on here every now and then, but sold our Fiero's to buy a couple Solstices. But I still dream about owning another chop top. I see that Archie posted here, but who's is still making chop tops now?

ChopTop #4, parked and ready to send off to Exostise. I've watch his thread over the years but don't know if it was ever finished, anyone know?

[img][/img
Easy8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-15-2018 10:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Easy8Send a Private Message to Easy8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
All the chops in work that I know of are home brews... I do not think there is any company making chop parts or cars now. Want to try something cool.. get a set of Archie glass for a chop..
Jim88GT

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-16-2018 07:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Jim88GTSend a Private Message to Jim88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by ChopTop:

But I still dream about owning another chop top.

PM sent
sourmash

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post12-16-2018 10:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for sourmashSend a Private Message to sourmashEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Chops look good. I'm still in the process of forming my personal opinion, but so far it's one without the scooped ground effects that widen the rocker area. Chopping the top exaggerates the width proportional to height and adding the wider rocker with scoop puts it out of proportion (to me). Certain colors can offset that visual aspect to hide or accentuate it.
ChopTop

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-07-2024 10:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ChopTopSend a Private Message to ChopTopEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ChopTop:

I still like choptops, so much that I made it my forum name. I've still pop on here every now and then, but sold our Fiero's to buy a couple Solstices. But I still dream about owning another chop top. I see that Archie posted here, but who's is still making chop tops now?

ChopTop #4, parked and ready to send off to Exostise. I've watch his thread over the years but don't know if it was ever finished, anyone know?

[img][/img

Bump
exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post04-12-2024 12:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Hey Choptop I have your old car and taking care of her. This is her current state.

Recently had a lot of mechanical work done, up next new interior and bodywork toward paint.

[This message has been edited by exoticse (edited 04-12-2024).]

Rare87GT

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 173
Rate this member

Report this Post04-22-2024 09:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Rare87GTSend a Private Message to Rare87GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

The GBCT is going through a big change! The LT1 spun a rod bearing and I decided to go a different route on the motor.
3800SC with a F23 FYI 5spd.
XP cam
ZZP Stage 2 Intercooler
ZZP pushrods
130lb valve springs
Double Roller Timing Set
LS7 lifters
80lb injectors
3" exhaust
Northstar Throttle Body with LQ4 MAF
3.0" pulley w/8 rib setup and 8 rib SFI balancer
Gen V Supercharger
E85

All work being performed by sluppy123 or Brian Sanburn.

------------------
88 Formula - 3800SC/4t65eHD
88 Coupe - 3800SC/4t65eHD
87GT - Great Blue Chop Top

[This message has been edited by Rare87GT (edited 04-22-2024).]

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 4 pages long:  1   2   3   4 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page