Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  Is this ad correct? You could order these through a dealer?

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
Is this ad correct? You could order these through a dealer? by CosVegFiero
Started on: 09-09-2016 06:09 PM
Replies: 14 (510 views)
Last post by: rogergarrison on 09-11-2016 07:00 PM
CosVegFiero

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-09-2016 06:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CosVegFieroSend a Private Message to CosVegFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
qwikgta

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 84
Rate this member

Report this Post09-09-2016 06:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for qwikgtaSend a Private Message to qwikgtaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
yes, it was the only way to buy a new Mera in 87/88.
hnthomps

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post09-09-2016 06:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hnthompsSend a Private Message to hnthompsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I hope that he gets his asking price but think that it is a bit high for somewhat screwed up/rebadged MERA. It would be worth more to most people as an original MERA than as a fake Ferrari. I am not certain about the HO V6 since the Mera came with a stock 2.8 L V6 engine. Even the side markers are a mix of F car and Fiero components. The accepted number of Meras produced is 247 and it was only available as a dealer option from a Pontiac dealer. Looks as if it needs some paint also but I do not see anything "special" about this vehicle except for the asking price.

Nelson
lateFormula

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-09-2016 06:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for lateFormulaSend a Private Message to lateFormulaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The entire underside of that car was spraycanned black. Probably just before the ad pictures were taken. No way that car is even remotely worth 22K.
tebailey

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-09-2016 07:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tebaileySend a Private Message to tebaileyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just saw that car, nice but no where near that price.
fierofool

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post09-09-2016 08:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by lateFormula:

The entire underside of that car was spraycanned black. Probably just before the ad pictures were taken. No way that car is even remotely worth 22K.

Yep! The overspray on the axle boot and lift pads say it was done as it sits. Lots of rust for 18k miles unless it was only driven in the winter.
tshark

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post09-09-2016 11:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well, if it was made from a GT Fiero, it would be unique? I thought they were all made from notchbacks, but dunno about the pre-'88s.

I can't see a Ferarri owner being fooled. The body panels set differently. The exterior bore a resemblance, but that's about it. The back end with the engine lid open looks terrible.
RWDPLZ

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 304
Rate this member

Report this Post09-09-2016 11:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RWDPLZClick Here to visit RWDPLZ's HomePageSend a Private Message to RWDPLZEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by lateFormula:

I think he was still high on the fumes when he wrote the ad.
hnthomps

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post09-10-2016 11:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for hnthompsSend a Private Message to hnthompsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by tshark:

Well, if it was made from a GT Fiero, it would be unique? I thought they were all made from notchbacks, but dunno about the pre-'88s.

I can't see a Ferarri owner being fooled. The body panels set differently. The exterior bore a resemblance, but that's about it. The back end with the engine lid open looks terrible.

If it is one of six 88 GTs converted into a MERA it is somewhat unique if you want to get technical. They do actually exist and I have one of them. The rest of the 88s were supposed to have been Formulas prior to the conversion IIRC.

Nelson
jjd2296

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-10-2016 11:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jjd2296Send a Private Message to jjd2296Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I call bull @&#% on the miles. Way too much rust!!
Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post09-10-2016 08:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sweet mother of pearl. Looks like he rattle-canned everything!

With that said, the interior (ribbed seats, two-tone dash, and GT horn buttonl) along with the VIN, seem to support that it is/was a GT.
Still wouldn't be worth that kind of money to me.
PFF
System Bot
DKcustoms

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-11-2016 12:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DKcustomsSend a Private Message to DKcustomsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
3rd picture from the end, you can see the paint on the tire.

He clearly put the car on the lift and just spray painted everything before the pictures were taken, as mentioned above.

Buyer be ware on this one, he's trying to hide something

Awful underbody paint job
Neils88

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 56
Rate this member

Report this Post09-11-2016 01:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Neils88Send a Private Message to Neils88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Condition listed as "Like New"..... I'm thinking that is a bit of a stretch.... Nice car. Way overpriced.
tebailey

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-11-2016 09:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tebaileySend a Private Message to tebaileyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I think he left out part of the sentence, like new 25yrs ago.
rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post09-11-2016 07:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I think Concepts who did the conversions, made molds as close as possible to a real 308. The body is actually pretty accurate as well as could be. There are dead givaways, but only real Ferrari aficionados KNOW the difference. Some stand out differences are the side windows on Ferraris have a triangle vent window, the rear window curves to the back on the ends, the door handles are all wrong and the headlite louver covers are one piece instead of 2. I put all the proper Ferrari emblems on mine, including real center caps on the faux Ferrari wheels. Mine was a kit that was cloned from the MERA parts. My interior was even stitched up to match a 77 308, the only year the real one was also fiberglass. Id say this car without seeing it might be worth about 1/2 of what he wants. I used to do body and paint on Ferraris and picked up my parts from the local exotic dealer. One of the salesman met me once and asked if I was wanting to trade it up for a newer model. I had to open the engine cover to show him it was a kit. The actual dimensions between the MERA and the real one were only fractions of inches...stuff like 92.4 inches vs 93.2 inches, so anyone that said they could tell it was smaller was full of crap. I went to the Auburn Fiero Show one year with a friend who brought his real 308 to park beside mine for comparison.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock