Started on: 09-07-2016 10:05 AM
Replies: 11 (327 views)
Last post by: lou_dias on 09-09-2016 11:57 AM
lou_dias

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 67
Rate this member

Report this Post09-07-2016 10:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for lou_diasSend a Private Message to lou_diasEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Somehow I keep losing camber adjustment in my back left tire. Ended up hitting the wall 2 rounds later in a race for 3rd place.

This keeps happening when I pull out to the left and hit the gas to warm up my tires...

ps, iron heads do flow

[This message has been edited by lou_dias (edited 09-07-2016).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
lou_dias

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-07-2016 10:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for lou_diasSend a Private Message to lou_diasEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
In the video below at the 5:52 mark, you can see my round 1 race against a Toyota with a LS 5.3 truck motor swap. He was only running 205 tires tough...

[This message has been edited by lou_dias (edited 09-07-2016).]

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post09-07-2016 02:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by lou_dias:

Somehow I keep losing camber adjustment in my back left tire. Ended up hitting the wall 2 rounds later in a race for 3rd place.

What could that be, a bolt not staying tight?
lou_dias

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-07-2016 05:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for lou_diasSend a Private Message to lou_diasEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 2.5:

What could that be, a bolt not staying tight?

Seems like it. Haven't had 100 percent of both rear wheels on the track all summer. :/

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post09-07-2016 05:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Need some locking washers, Loctite, a pin, etc?
ltlgt88

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-07-2016 08:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ltlgt88Send a Private Message to ltlgt88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If an 88gt look at these from rodney, and use loctite on all suspension parts that you don't want to move, don't use to much so that things can be broke free later if needed.

http://rodneydickman.com/ca....php?products_id=352

[This message has been edited by ltlgt88 (edited 09-07-2016).]

cvxjet

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-07-2016 11:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cvxjetSend a Private Message to cvxjetEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Your hub to strut bolts are slipping- They are supposed to be torqued to 140 Lb/Ft......I am still playing with my suspension but when I get done and have the final alignment, I plan on making small metal pieces that will fill in the slot so they are not able to slip ever again.
lou_dias

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-08-2016 12:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for lou_diasSend a Private Message to lou_diasEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ltlgt88:
If an 88gt look at these from rodney, and use loctite on all suspension parts that you don't want to move, don't use to much so that things can be broke free later if needed.

http://rodneydickman.com/ca....php?products_id=352

It's an 87GT with the HELD/Arraut setup.

@cvxjet
I was thinking the same thing. I'll have to ask to see if they use a torque wrench and to use that setting next time. Thanks!
thedrue

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-09-2016 12:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for thedrueSend a Private Message to thedrueEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
We have had rear camber slip in our race car. It's no fun and definitely causes some weird handling issues. All alignment places I've used don't tighten the bolts enough.

After an alignment I now reef on them with about 4 feet of breaker bar till I can't move the nuts anymore. Not sure how much torque it is but we haven't been having issues with the camber moving either.
lou_dias

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-09-2016 01:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for lou_diasSend a Private Message to lou_diasEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z9LXGx9_X1c

Here's the event in hi-def glory. You can see how **** -eyed my wheel was and my crash at the end...
Alex4mula

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 153
Rate this member

Report this Post09-09-2016 08:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Alex4mulaSend a Private Message to Alex4mulaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Those are cool short races. Looks fun.
PFF
System Bot
lou_dias

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-09-2016 11:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for lou_diasSend a Private Message to lou_diasEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Alex4mula:

Those are cool short races. Looks fun.

It is! 1/3 of a mile track. Mostly run what ya brung type racing. Need hard top, helmet and seat belt. No nitrous allowed.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock