87 GT what is it worth? by adm927
Started on: 09-06-2016 12:53 AM
Replies: 6 (256 views)
Last post by: Buck531 on 09-09-2016 10:36 AM
adm927

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-06-2016 12:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for adm927Send a Private Message to adm927Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am looking at an 87 GT. The owner wants 1500$ for it. It has a blown motor and the ground effects on the drivers side are broken. Interior has normal wear rough drivers seat cracked dash etc. I am thinking no more than 800$ Looking for thoughts? I want it for a 3.8SC project.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Monkeyman

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 182
Rate this member

Report this Post09-06-2016 06:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MonkeymanSend a Private Message to MonkeymanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I've got an '87 GT in pretty good condition with a swapped S2 3800 (n/a)/5 spd and can't get $3k out of it. I'd offer $500 and see what the seller says. Probably no more than $750, especially if it's in poor condition.
ltlfrari

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 127
Rate this member

Report this Post09-06-2016 10:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ltlfrariClick Here to visit ltlfrari's HomePageSend a Private Message to ltlfrariEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Cars with blown motors just do not sell. I've been watching some on CL for months and they do not move (think I saw the one you are talking about a week or so ago on CL).
Unless you've got a trailer to hand you'll have to get it towed so extra cost there. Basically you have to persuade the owner that it's not gonna sell so let you have it dirt cheap or be stuck with it. t won't sell at that price.
Offer 500, if he says no, leave number. If he calls back he's desperate so drop to 400 (you can always go back up a bit).

------------------
Anything I might say is probably worth what you paid for it, so treat it accordingly!

Dave

www.ltlfrari.com

notwohorns

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-06-2016 08:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for notwohornsSend a Private Message to notwohornsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I agree with the others. $1500 is way too much. $500 seems about right
adm927

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-07-2016 09:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for adm927Send a Private Message to adm927Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Fortunately I do have a car trailer. So I will not need to pay for a tow. I am going to offer him 600$ and see what happens. Thanks for your input.
ltlfrari

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 127
Rate this member

Report this Post09-09-2016 09:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ltlfrariClick Here to visit ltlfrari's HomePageSend a Private Message to ltlfrariEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Let us know what happens.
Buck531

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-09-2016 10:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Buck531Send a Private Message to Buck531Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I paid $800 for my running 87 GT with 114k Miles. Paint looked like crap. sail panels were junk. Needed some basic maintenance to get it running ok and I drove it nearly every day from March until last weekend when I ripped the guts out of it.

Surprisingly rust free except where the battery tray is. Other than that it's pretty solid.

------------------
03 Buick Regal. 13.0x @103
87 Fiero GT. L67 swap soon

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock