Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  Has anyone installed the Fiero Store dash cover?

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
Has anyone installed the Fiero Store dash cover? by railshot
Started on: 09-04-2016 12:44 PM
Replies: 6 (513 views)
Last post by: railshot on 09-05-2016 09:52 AM
railshot

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-04-2016 12:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for railshotClick Here to visit railshot's HomePageSend a Private Message to railshotEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I do have some cracking around the drivers side speaker, and was thinking about getting this.

http://www.fierostore.com/P...px?s=92150&d=249&p=1

Hope they do not mind my posting a copy of their picture for reference..... if they do, I will remove it.

You can just barely see the cracking on mine on the left side of the drivers side speaker, and the rather large crack on the right. I know it is only going to get worse......

If anyone has installed one of these covers, I would love to see some pictures or feedback on it.
I am thinking of possibly only using the whole top part that would go over the speaker area and down to the color transition from dark to light where it rolls under, as the rest of my dash is in really good shape

As usual, thanks for any feedback!
Dave
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
amflyer

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-04-2016 06:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for amflyerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have recovered a dash with this. Great product also purchased the matching paint for it. Paint in a few days before the install just to make sure it is completely dry. Just follow the instructions, not bad at all.

------------------
1984 Indy Pace Car\1988 Formula Custom\1986 turbo GT
Founder of Mason Dixon Fiero Owners Group
NYFOC Member

Monkeyman

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 182
Rate this member

Report this Post09-04-2016 10:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MonkeymanSend a Private Message to MonkeymanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by railshot:

I am thinking of possibly only using the whole top part that would go over the speaker area and down to the color transition from dark to light where it rolls under...

Good idea. If you do this, post up some pictures. Maybe I'll try the same thing if I still have the car this winter.
railshot

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-05-2016 12:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for railshotClick Here to visit railshot's HomePageSend a Private Message to railshotEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Great feed back guys!
I think I will order one this week and post up some pictures as I do it.
I really think a nice straight cut along the line between the bottom and the top, with a bit of an angle to blend it in, will work out nicely.
Hang on as I try this, may take a bit, but I like the idea

viperine

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-05-2016 01:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for viperineSend a Private Message to viperineEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Maybe I was just lucky, but I got a junkyard perfect dash for $50 and they are really simple to swap. My original dash had a nice top, but ugly knee bangs at the corners. I converted to a black interior and painted the replacement with SEM paint prior to install. Couldn't be happier. It was rewarding to fully remove a dash to get a feel for future wiring work anyway. Kudos to the fiero store for creating a much needed product, but for half the price, I have a better end result.
Monkeyman

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 182
Rate this member

Report this Post09-05-2016 05:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MonkeymanSend a Private Message to MonkeymanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I had a near perfect dash but it got waterlogged when my garage flooded last year.
railshot

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-05-2016 09:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for railshotClick Here to visit railshot's HomePageSend a Private Message to railshotEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by viperine:

Maybe I was just lucky, but I got a junkyard perfect dash for $50 and they are really simple to swap. My original dash had a nice top, but ugly knee bangs at the corners. I converted to a black interior and painted the replacement with SEM paint prior to install. Couldn't be happier. It was rewarding to fully remove a dash to get a feel for future wiring work anyway. Kudos to the fiero store for creating a much needed product, but for half the price, I have a better end result.

I cannot even find a Fiero in any junkyard around here.
If I could, I would prefer to replace my dash with a nice one to be honest.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock