Started on: 08-29-2016 10:14 PM
Replies: 19 (791 views)
Last post by: rogergarrison on 09-16-2016 12:04 PM
CoolBlue87GT

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 151
Rate this member

Report this Post08-29-2016 10:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CoolBlue87GTSend a Private Message to CoolBlue87GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wondering what makes this car so rare. Is it the 5 speed ? It is sharp looking.

http://philadelphia.craigsl.../cto/5756726473.html

1986 Fiero gt factory five speed is one of less than three hundred made, and is the rarest of Fieros. The engine has been rebuilt 60,000 on eng. A/C was redone at the time of build and is now now 134a. The interior has been completely redone, everything is new. The car has been repainted, is beautiful, and runs as good as it looks. I have the factory wheels with center caps in good shape and they come with the car. The engine and trans numbers are correct and fit the vin. I am asking $7500.00 buys it. I have all receipts of the rebuild. There is well over $1,500 just in the interior; the car is very clean and can be shown. I have a lot more information, contact me at my email below if you would like to know more. Thank you for your interest.

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Shho13

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-29-2016 10:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Shho13Send a Private Message to Shho13Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I was under the impression that the only yellow Fiero ever made was in 88, and it was a duller yellow at that...

IIRC there is nothing "rare" about an 86 GT. It is in good shape by looking at the pictures though.

------------------
"Discord"
Red 1988 GT under restoration!

Let's Go Mets!

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

[This message has been edited by Shho13 (edited 08-29-2016).]

Curtisk1060

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-29-2016 10:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Curtisk1060Send a Private Message to Curtisk1060Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Not rare at all, but a very good restoration. Ask the owner what its original color was as it surely wasn't yellow. Those were only available in the 88's.
TommyRocker

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-29-2016 11:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TommyRockerSend a Private Message to TommyRockerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Even if it was rare, it wouldn't matter. If it was a special 1 of 25 color option with genuine Hulki autographed badges, since it's a Fiero the value would go up by approximately $37.50, and only if you could find the right buyer
zzzhuh

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-29-2016 11:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for zzzhuhSend a Private Message to zzzhuhEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yes, Factory yellow was ONLY offered in '88. You have an 86 1/2 which is why it has the 5 speed getrage. Looks great tho!
fierofool

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post08-30-2016 12:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Maybe 1 of 300 5-speed 86GT's? Or 1 of 300 86GT's with tan interior? It is nicely done but the lower part of the engine bay could use some serious cleaning.
Raydar

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post08-30-2016 12:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
5 speed '86s were uncommon. Most of them were still 4 speeds.

It's a nice car. Nicely done. $7500? Not for me.
theogre

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 568
Rate this member

Report this Post08-30-2016 01:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for theogreClick Here to visit theogre's HomePageSend a Private Message to theogreEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Note: Philly's list but DE tags and phone # (302 etc.) He's phone likely will ring... with scammers, etc.

Sadly, Paint job, mike's leather seats and aftermarket carpet, and rebuilt engine etc won't mater to most. Especially not at that price.
Like many, he's trying to recover cost for those items but most times won't.

------------------
Dr. Ian Malcolm: Yeah, but your scientists were so preoccupied with whether or not they could, they didn't stop to think if they should.
(Jurassic Park)

The Ogre's Fiero Cave

css9450

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post08-30-2016 06:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for css9450Send a Private Message to css9450Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Less than 300 '86 GT 5-speeds? Surely that's not right. I've probably seen almost that many in person.
jaskispyder

Feedback score:    (22)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post08-30-2016 07:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jaskispyderSend a Private Message to jaskispyderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by zzzhuh:

Yes, Factory yellow was ONLY offered in '88. You have an 86 1/2 which is why it has the 5 speed getrage. Looks great tho!

86.5 doesn't exist... it is an 86 GT with a 5 speed, vs 86GT with 4 speed.

Oh, as for car.. No, not rare.

[This message has been edited by jaskispyder (edited 08-30-2016).]

trivet

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-30-2016 08:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for trivetSend a Private Message to trivetEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
86 GT 5 speed rare? no.
86 GT in that (good) condition rare? kinda, yes......

Very nice looking car, but personally I don't like the tan interior on a yellow car. Seriously, if it was red, I'd be thinking of ways to justify the purchase to the wife.
PFF
System Bot

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post08-30-2016 08:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If it was rare... so much has been changed , it no longer is.
Like many sellers, if its a Fiero they will claim it is rare.
I am curious his reason to think it is. If you find out please post it.

fierofool

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post08-30-2016 09:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by css9450:

Less than 300 '86 GT 5-speeds? Surely that's not right. I've probably seen almost that many in person.

I was just tongue-in-cheek speculating. I have no idea of how many 5-speeds were made. Could have been less than 300 with a stainless radio antenna, rather than a black one. I have an 87 with a stainless antenna, so maybe it's a rare one, too. (I swapped the black one for a stainless one)

Like 2.5, I'd like to know what the seller identifies the car as being rare, less than 300.

[This message has been edited by fierofool (edited 08-30-2016).]

css9450

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post08-30-2016 09:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for css9450Send a Private Message to css9450Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierofool:

I was just tongue-in-cheek speculating. I have no idea of how many 5-speeds were made. Could have been less than 300 with a stainless radio antenna, rather than a black one. I have an 87 with a stainless antenna, so maybe it's a rare one, too. (I swapped the black one for a stainless one)

Me too. I think we're all reading the ad the same way. The guy says its one of 300 because of the 5-speed.

fierosound

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 286
Rate this member

Report this Post08-30-2016 10:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierosoundClick Here to visit fierosound's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierosoundEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jaskispyder:

86.5 doesn't exist... it is an 86 GT with a 5 speed, vs 86GT with 4 speed.

Technically, you are correct.

The 1986½ would also transition to the Muncie/Getrag 5 speed transaxle, which did not arrive until mid-year 1986).
From here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pontiac_Fiero

Look at 86 GT (don't know where this was published)

------------------
My World of Wheels Winners (Click on links below)

3.4L Supercharged 87 GT and Super Duty 4 Indy #163

[This message has been edited by fierosound (edited 08-30-2016).]

Mickey_Moose

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 143
Rate this member

Report this Post08-30-2016 05:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mickey_MooseClick Here to visit Mickey_Moose's HomePageSend a Private Message to Mickey_MooseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If it was rare enough for a serious collector to buy the car as a collectable, they wouldn’t touch it with the changes made. IMHO

Looks well done though...but not at that price...

[This message has been edited by Mickey_Moose (edited 08-30-2016).]

jaskispyder

Feedback score:    (22)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post08-30-2016 06:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jaskispyderSend a Private Message to jaskispyderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It is a running change as the 5 speed wasn't ready at model year change over. Fieros owners like to think they have a special 86 GT, but there is no such breakout from GM. There is no pre-86.5 GT in 1986 as the only 1986 GT was a fastback. if there was a breakout because of trannies, why is there is no 86.5 SE, as you order that with a 5 speed also. A other fieros myth

Originally posted by fierosound:

Technically, you are correct.

The 1986½ would also transition to the Muncie/Getrag 5 speed transaxle, which did not arrive until mid-year 1986).
From here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pontiac_Fiero

Look at 86 GT (don't know where this was published)

theogre

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 568
Rate this member

Report this Post08-30-2016 07:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for theogreClick Here to visit theogre's HomePageSend a Private Message to theogreEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Mickey_Moose:
If it was rare enough for a serious collector to buy the car as a collectable, they wouldn’t touch it with the changes made. IMHO
Can't show in factory class at many place for same reasons. Wrong wheels, color, aftermarket leather seats and carpet, etc, means not even close to winning.
Dennis LaGrua

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post09-01-2016 11:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This car is really just another run of the mill Fiero GT, in good condition with a few nice upgrades. With the Mr Mikes interior and new paint that puts it out of the stock car show category. It is now a modified class car.
IMO, its worth a bit more than half of what he is asking and even at that its hard selling Fieros.

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, custom ZZP /Frozen Boost Intercooler setup, 3.4" Pulley, Northstar TB, LS1 MAF, 3" Spintech/Hedman Exhaust, Autolite 104's, MSD wires, Custom CAI, 4T65eHD w. custom axles, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post09-16-2016 12:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It looks nice, but myself, Id never pay over $4000 to maybe $5000 max for any near stock Fiero. You can buy a $1500-2000 one and spend $2000 to make it just as nice.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock