It just wouldn't go up! by MayhemWinters
Started on: 08-19-2016 12:55 AM
Replies: 6 (249 views)
Last post by: 84fiero123 on 08-20-2016 08:57 AM
MayhemWinters

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-19-2016 12:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MayhemWintersSend a Private Message to MayhemWintersEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I just wanted it to go up!

My headlight...you didn't think I was referring to my...nevermind

Anyway, today was DMV day, and Delaware DMV is no cakewalk. So I do my pre trip at the house and check and double check lights, horn, headlights etc...and all is well, the lights go up. However, once I get into the inspection lanes at DMV the drivers side headlight refuses to go up. Everything else was good, we just put new brakes on car and all other lights work and we passed emissions, (I should note that they at least new the motor was in the back this time, as the last time we were there for inspection the guy puts the rpm reader on the front and can't figure out how the motors running with no rpms). Although they did let us by without the fuel vapor check today because they didn't seem to know what they were looking for when they looked at the motor.

Anyway, back to headlight. So I pull over on parking lot, which is in the middle of being repaved, so there's not a lot room to park and tinker with light. But I get it working and pull back into check lane which has now gotten busy. After waiting my turn I pull in only to have the light not go up again! So again we fail. At this point I'm begging and pleading with Oliver (I call my Fiero Oliver, fans of the old Top Gear will known where I got that name). I looking at Oliver longingly saying please put your light up. Nope, everytime I get into the lane the light won't go up.

Finally, after waiting in the heat and going through check lane 3 times I unplug and raised the lights manually. I should note the lights came on everytime, it just wouldn't go up. The guy in front wanted to fail us again, saying that turning on and off wasn't enough they had to go up and down. But the other guy said let them pass and told me to get it fixed within the next 2 years (before next inspection).

Thus concludes my day of drama at the DMV.

--Mayhem

[This message has been edited by MayhemWinters (edited 08-19-2016).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
sardonyx247

Feedback score:    (88)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 218
Rate this member

Report this Post08-19-2016 06:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for sardonyx247Click Here to visit sardonyx247's HomePageSend a Private Message to sardonyx247Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thats why you always pull up to the inspection station with your headlights ON and UP, and never turn them off.

Edit to add:

[This message has been edited by sardonyx247 (edited 08-19-2016).]

no2pencil

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-19-2016 08:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for no2pencilSend a Private Message to no2pencilEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Why does Delaware require lights to be on at all times?
jaredmurray88

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-19-2016 01:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jaredmurray88Send a Private Message to jaredmurray88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I don't think it's required as much as it doesn't give the headlights a chance to screw up if you leave them on.
jaskispyder

Feedback score:    (22)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post08-19-2016 01:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jaskispyderSend a Private Message to jaskispyderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I would assume that putting them up and pulling the wire would be good enough.. the lights turn on and off, like they should. But of course you have problems at that moment
E.Furgal

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 278
User Banned

Report this Post08-19-2016 05:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for E.FurgalSend a Private Message to E.FurgalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
my pass side.. sometimes goes right up.. other times.. it waits, and the first mild bump on the road it pops up..
haven't looked into it, as it always comes up about 2 houses down the street..
it is always following the drivers side even when it comes right up.. like 1/2" difference.. like a lazy eye lol
84fiero123

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 325
Rate this member

Report this Post08-20-2016 08:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fiero123Send a Private Message to 84fiero123Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jaskispyder:

I would assume that putting them up and pulling the wire would be good enough.. the lights turn on and off, like they should. But of course you have problems at that moment

That's all I do, I know I need to rebuild both motor gear boxes but never seem to have the time in the winter when I try to do most of the maintenance on the Fiero, summer time is when I try to do all the maintenance on out 4 wheel drives. problem is things go wrong when you use them, so chances are something is going to go wrong.

Steve

------------------
Technology is great when it works,
and one big pain in the ass when it doesn't

Detroit iron rules all the rest are just toys.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock