Clutch neutral start switch by ron768
Started on: 08-18-2016 02:12 PM
Replies: 11 (383 views)
Last post by: Patrick on 09-14-2016 08:19 PM
ron768

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-18-2016 02:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ron768Send a Private Message to ron768Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hello all, I have worn out the clutch neutral start switch on my 85 again (the one in the car is the second one since new). So far I have not been able to find a supplier . The Fiero Store does not have them, nor NAPA or Rock Auto. Has anyone had any luck rebuilding these or found them available anywhere? Thank you.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
fierofool

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post08-18-2016 02:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Someone from NC contacted us looking for one. I told him to contact Paul to see if the remnants of the Joel Project car had one. Might call Paul to see if it's still available.
Fiero Vampire

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-18-2016 02:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero VampireSend a Private Message to Fiero VampireEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If I remember right the one from an 1988 S10 STANDARD MOTOR PRODUCTS NS88 {#15569768, D2271A}. can be modified slightly to work. I bought a couple from Rockauto a while back.

CHEVROLET 1988 S10 BLAZER 2.8L 173cid V6 Electrical-Switch & Relay Clutch Pedal Position / Starter Safety Switch
ron768

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-21-2016 12:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ron768Send a Private Message to ron768Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Beginning to look like jumping the switch will be the temp fix. Looked at the one for the S10 and I may try it. Thank you for your replies.
tebailey

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-21-2016 10:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tebaileySend a Private Message to tebaileyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ron768:

Beginning to look like jumping the switch will be the temp fix. Looked at the one for the S10 and I may try it. Thank you for your replies.

If you do a lot of work on it, the clutch switch can be a big PITA. Every time I needed to roll the engine over I had to get in and push the clutch. It didn't break my heart when the switch broke. Jumping the wires made my life a lot easier. I drove semis from 73-89 so pushing in the clutch when I start the car is automatic for me anyway.
fierofool

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post08-21-2016 10:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
ron768

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-10-2016 10:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ron768Send a Private Message to ron768Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
found these, AIRTEX / WELLS 1S5101, STANDARD MOTOR PRODUCTS NS88, the only difference I can find is that the rod that connectes to the clutch pedal is slightly longer. Thank you all for your help and suggestions.
Shho13

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-11-2016 01:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Shho13Send a Private Message to Shho13Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I did a writeup on this awhile ago Here...

------------------
"Discord"
Red 1988 GT under restoration!

Let's Go Mets!

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

ron768

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-11-2016 11:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ron768Send a Private Message to ron768Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
When I did a search for this for some reason it didn't show any matches. Must have been the way I worded it. Thank you for going into detail as to the differences between the switches. I believe the extra set of contacts are for the cruise control . Thank you again.
qwikgta

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 84
Rate this member

Report this Post09-14-2016 07:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for qwikgtaSend a Private Message to qwikgtaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
OK, so from reading this and the other thread it sounds like its an easy "fix" to get rid of the stupid clutch switch and not have to push the clutch in to start the motor. If so, what do I need to do, because all my cars are manuals and each one requires the clutch to be pushed first. No problem, but if I can do something to not have too, i'd like to know what I need to do. Sounds like I need to connect two wires, what wires. I have not had to mess with this part of my car, so i'm clueless on what needs to be done. Thanks in advance.
tebailey

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-14-2016 07:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tebaileySend a Private Message to tebaileyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just hook the 2 wires that go to the clutch switch together.
PFF
System Bot
Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post09-14-2016 08:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by qwikgta:

it sounds like its an easy "fix" to get rid of the stupid clutch switch and not have to push the clutch in to start the motor.

As long as it's ONLY you who EVER starts the car... then sure, remove the "stupid clutch switch".

Just don't let a friend ever start the car, or don't ever take the car to a shop, or...

[This message has been edited by Patrick (edited 09-14-2016).]

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock