Another Indy back from the dead! by Egor
Started on: 08-17-2016 08:41 PM
Replies: 5 (410 views)
Last post by: 2.5 on 09-28-2016 10:43 AM
Egor

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-17-2016 08:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for EgorSend a Private Message to EgorEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I got this car about 3 years ago, in pieces, with a lot of small pieces missing. The story I got was that a previous owner had started to restore it when it was stolen and wrecked. The driver's window was broken out to gain entrance, then the car centered a power pole. Everything from the radiator into the front firewall was damaged and needed replacing. I think I've got everything repaired or replaced except the A/C coil in the dash.

Got the engine to start and run in the driveway this week, but I haven't taken it out on the street yet. The plates are from 1995 and the last inspection sticker is dated 1996.
Have to get some paper work done before I can take it to the next club meeting.

------------------

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
no2pencil

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-17-2016 09:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for no2pencilSend a Private Message to no2pencilEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
nicely done! What engine, kept it original? Pics?
liv4God

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-18-2016 05:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for liv4GodSend a Private Message to liv4GodEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Great Job! Would love to see some pictures
Egor

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-19-2016 07:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for EgorSend a Private Message to EgorEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I got to mess with the car again today between the rains.
The other day I got the engine to start and run (apparently for the first time in years). Today was the day to see if it would move under its own power. After finding the fuse for the fuel pump blown and changing it, I started the engine and let it run for a couple minutes to make sure it would. Then I put it in gear and started down the driveway, stopping several times to make sure the new brakes worked. When I pulled out of the drive, I turned uphill, just in case the car decided to quit, so it would be able to roll back home.
But, it didn't have any trouble, even the trans shifted OK. The brakes worked when I came to stop signs and the car moved away again just like it was supposed to.
I was really nervous when I started, but really happy when I pulled back in the driveway.

I started to take some pictures, but the rain began falling again. I looked for some old pictures, but either I didn't take many or I've misplaced them. Here is what I've got.

This is the interior. Most everything was there, just dirty.

The front bumper had been replaced and painted by the previous owner, but nothing behind it:

This is what it looks like now. I haven't found another A/C coil yet, but most everything else is there:

These are some of the parts I got from Steven (Mustangsbeware):

Sitting in the garage today:

After the successful trial:

It was a little dark with the rain clouds.

I can't find a "before" picture of the engine, but believe me, it looks a lot different now.

I guess now I'll need to do some tuning and get it ready for state inspection and license.
Dracor

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-28-2016 08:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DracorSend a Private Message to DracorEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Good job with it. It's come a long way since I first saw it. Can't believe it was 3 years ago now.

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post09-28-2016 10:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock