I got to mess with the car again today between the rains.
The other day I got the engine to start and run (apparently for the first time in years). Today was the day to see if it would move under its own power. After finding the fuse for the fuel pump blown and changing it, I started the engine and let it run for a couple minutes to make sure it would. Then I put it in gear and started down the driveway, stopping several times to make sure the new brakes worked. When I pulled out of the drive, I turned uphill, just in case the car decided to quit, so it would be able to roll back home.
But, it didn't have any trouble, even the trans shifted OK. The brakes worked when I came to stop signs and the car moved away again just like it was supposed to.
I was really nervous when I started, but really happy when I pulled back in the driveway.
I started to take some pictures, but the rain began falling again. I looked for some old pictures, but either I didn't take many or I've misplaced them. Here is what I've got.
This is the interior. Most everything was there, just dirty.
The front bumper had been replaced and painted by the previous owner, but nothing behind it:
This is what it looks like now. I haven't found another A/C coil yet, but most everything else is there:
These are some of the parts I got from Steven (Mustangsbeware):
Sitting in the garage today:
After the successful trial:
It was a little dark with the rain clouds.
I can't find a "before" picture of the engine, but believe me, it looks a lot different now.
I guess now I'll need to do some tuning and get it ready for state inspection and license.