Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  Supercharged 3800? Holy crap, I get it now!

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
Supercharged 3800? Holy crap, I get it now! by Quad Raider
Started on: 08-17-2016 09:40 AM
Replies: 10 (687 views)
Last post by: Quad Raider on 08-22-2016 08:45 PM
Quad Raider

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-17-2016 09:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Quad RaiderSend a Private Message to Quad RaiderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
We bought this for my wife on Sunday.

It's a 2002 Grand Prix GTP. My family has owned many 3800-equipped cars over the years, but this is the first supercharged one. I know the 3800 SC is a popular swap for Fiero owners, but until I drove this car I had no way of knowing what a huge difference the supercharger makes. If I ever get the world's slowest Quad 4 swap done in my '87 coupe, I know what the next one will be.

[This message has been edited by Quad Raider (edited 08-17-2016).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Neils88

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 56
Rate this member

Report this Post08-17-2016 10:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Neils88Send a Private Message to Neils88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Do you think the wife will notice when the engine suddenly disappears from her new car?
jaredmurray88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-17-2016 11:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jaredmurray88Send a Private Message to jaredmurray88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just be real fast after ya get her smashed and she may not know ya replaced the 3800 with a quad 4... Just a thought though.
Quad Raider

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-17-2016 12:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Quad RaiderSend a Private Message to Quad RaiderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Neils88:

Do you think the wife will notice when the engine suddenly disappears from her new car?

I think she would. We love the car so I'll have to find my own 3800 SC.
Lunatic

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-18-2016 06:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LunaticSend a Private Message to LunaticEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Quad Raider:
If I ever get the world's slowest Quad 4 swap done in my '87 coupe...

So what's the hold up on this swap? I'd like to see another Quad 4 swap some to fruition. I'd help you if you were closer.
Shayne
zmcdonal

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-19-2016 09:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for zmcdonalSend a Private Message to zmcdonalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Now imagine it in something that's like 500lbs lighter and with much better traction, maybe a few mods . . .
Quad Raider

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-20-2016 12:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Quad RaiderSend a Private Message to Quad RaiderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Lunatic:

So what's the hold up on this swap? I'd like to see another Quad 4 swap some to fruition. I'd help you if you were closer.
Shayne

It's been a tough year. Most of the delays have been caused by problems with other vehicles, but I'm dealing with something much, much worse these days. I know that's kind of cryptic but the forum doesn't need to know about my problems.

I hope to get back into it as soon as possible.
zzzhuh

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-20-2016 02:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for zzzhuhSend a Private Message to zzzhuhEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I've got a 2000GTP in the hopes someone would smash in the back of it while commuting to work. I've owned it for about 2 years now and love it. Easy to squeal the tires. I highly recommend changing the supercharger oil and coolant tho.
Australian

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-20-2016 04:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AustralianClick Here to visit Australian's HomePageSend a Private Message to AustralianEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Loan car to the Son he will be bound to smash it and then you get the engine and still get to act mad.
Spoon

Feedback score:    (16)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 61
Rate this member

Report this Post08-21-2016 06:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SpoonSend a Private Message to SpoonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That looks like the deep cherry color. You might have the GTP 40th Anniversary Edition. I believe it's modified to run faster than the standard GTP.
They came in 2 dr & 4 door. Yank that engine right away.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ua8FBKkL_QU

Spoon

------------------
"Kilgore Trout once wrote a short story which was a dialogue between two pieces of yeast. They were discussing the possible purposes of life as they ate sugar and suffocated in their own excrement. Because of their limited intelligence, they never came close to guessing that they were making champagne." - Kurt Vonnegut

Quad Raider

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-22-2016 08:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Quad RaiderSend a Private Message to Quad RaiderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yes, it is the 40th anniversary edition, and it is awesome.

The car is in great shape. We bought it from the daughter of the original owner, who doesn't drive anymore. The family took excellent care of it. They even had the window sticker. It would be a crime to separate the engine from the car.

[This message has been edited by Quad Raider (edited 08-22-2016).]

PFF
System Bot

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock