88 GT T-top Fiero for sale. by curyan910
Started on: 09-30-2012 05:40 PM
Replies: 26
Last post by: Raydar on 11-04-2012 10:13 AM
curyan910

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-30-2012 05:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for curyan910Send a Private Message to curyan910Direct Link to This Post
***********SOLD***************

Hi everyone. Here is my Fiero GT T-top for sale. Manual 5 Speed

I have the price listed at $3,800 OBO. I am located in Lodi WI.

Here is the craigslist ad : http://madison.craigslist.org/cto/3287029635.html
Here are as many images of it as I have on photobucket: http://photobucket.com/88GTfierottop

Runs Excellent. Drives Great. Rides smooth. Idles Perfectly.
116K original Miles
Manual 5 Speed. V-6 2.8
Clean motor compartment
No Rust
Extremely Solid Car
Door Hinges are not loose at all
Aftermarket suspension
Aftermarket clutch
Color is green/silver
correct 88 rims on it
tinted windows
Headlights work perfect (up and down without a problem)
All running lights work
Power windows, Power locks
T-top seals are in excellent shape
I do not believe it is CBJ
Top grade gas always used, never had ethanol mixed gas in it.
All body panels fit great
Several have said the seats are not original, but of that GM era. (they are very comfortable)
No radio in it, this is how it was when I bought it. Speakers are all there.

Some of the images shows the rims from the front are on the back and vise versa. I have swapped them and they are on correct now. So please dont inform me they are wrong, that is just how they came when I bought it.

I had a post on here which the craigslist ad wasn't updating so I am just starting a new one with all the information I can give you.

Please no Low ball offers but I am willing to entertain offers. I would really like to get rid of this car as I need the garage space and dont want it to sit outside over the winter.

Please get in contact with me if you have any interest in it. my phone number is on the Craigslist ad or my email is curyan910@gmail.com

[This message has been edited by curyan910 (edited 11-03-2012).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
curyan910

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-30-2012 05:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for curyan910Send a Private Message to curyan910Direct Link to This Post
It also has the AC option.
curyan910

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-30-2012 08:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for curyan910Send a Private Message to curyan910Direct Link to This Post

curyan910

116 posts
Member since Jun 2012
CJB* My bad... It just sounds better the other way.
Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post09-30-2012 10:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by curyan910:
I do not believe it is CBJ

Originally posted by curyan910:

CJB* My bad... It just sounds better the other way.

Indeed it is not.
I'm lookikng at the pics, and I realized that the T-tops on this car appear to be a very early aftermarket kit. It looks as if the glass panels go all the way to the rear roof section. The later version of the kit has shorter glass panels and black plastic panels that fill in the gap between the glass and the rear roof clip.
Does it say C&C anywhere on the glass, or on a label anywhere on the car?

This is a most uncommon car. I wish I was closer. I'd definitely come and have a look.

GLWS!
curyan910

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-30-2012 11:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for curyan910Send a Private Message to curyan910Direct Link to This Post
Yes. The glass has C&C on it.

I believe it is the 473 Fiero off the line in 88. That is off the top of my head, but I am pretty sure that is what the VIN number comes out to be.
timcha

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-30-2012 11:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for timchaSend a Private Message to timchaDirect Link to This Post
I believe the seats are from a Firebird, but I may be wrong....
timcha

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-30-2012 11:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for timchaSend a Private Message to timchaDirect Link to This Post

timcha

741 posts
Member since Jun 2008
It is (just the same) a gorgeous car! Good luck with the sale....wish I had the extra cash right now....
gtxbullet

Feedback score:    (88)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-01-2012 01:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for gtxbulletSend a Private Message to gtxbulletDirect Link to This Post
I've been watching it. nice car!!!!
curyan910

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-02-2012 10:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for curyan910Send a Private Message to curyan910Direct Link to This Post
FieroGTguy

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 101
Rate this member

Report this Post10-03-2012 01:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroGTguyClick Here to visit FieroGTguy's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroGTguyDirect Link to This Post

GLWS!

That doesn't appear to be a front 88 wheel? Were they rotated incorrectly?

I would offer $2500 cash. I just bought a super nice 300hp Northstar for $3000. I've always liked T-Tops though.

PM me if interested,
Greg

------------------

FieroGTguy

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 101
Rate this member

Report this Post10-03-2012 01:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroGTguyClick Here to visit FieroGTguy's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroGTguyDirect Link to This Post

FieroGTguy

3087 posts
Member since Mar 2001

Originally posted by FieroGTguy:

I would offer $2500 cash. I just bought a super nice 300hp Northstar for $3000. I've always liked T-Tops though. I'm not sure why someone would put an ant. on the decklid though?

PM me if interested, if not... Hope you get what you're looking for it!
Greg

Sorry, was supposed to be an edit instead of a quote. Oops!
------------------

[This message has been edited by FieroGTguy (edited 10-03-2012).]

PFF
System Bot
curyan910

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-03-2012 09:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for curyan910Send a Private Message to curyan910Direct Link to This Post
As I said earlier, The images show the wheels are on wrong, this is how I had bought it. I have switched the wheels around so they are on correctly now.
curyan910

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-03-2012 09:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for curyan910Send a Private Message to curyan910Direct Link to This Post

curyan910

116 posts
Member since Jun 2012
I know that car has more value than $2,500 because of the T-Top option, which is obviously desirable for the fieros.
reholmes

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-03-2012 02:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for reholmesSend a Private Message to reholmesDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Raydar:

Indeed it is not.
I'm lookikng at the pics, and I realized that the T-tops on this car appear to be a very early aftermarket kit. It looks as if the glass panels go all the way to the rear roof section. The later version of the kit has shorter glass panels and black plastic panels that fill in the gap between the glass and the rear roof clip.
Does it say C&C anywhere on the glass, or on a label anywhere on the car?

Fieromaineac appears to be the resident expert on the t-tops, both "factory" and "aftermarket." I would contact him for information. Yes, it's a great looking car and the top is indeed interesting.

------------------

Dick
Mera #8046
1987 GT T-boned (RIP)
1988 GT T-Top (Miss February 2012)

curyan910

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-05-2012 12:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for curyan910Send a Private Message to curyan910Direct Link to This Post
Rick 88

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-05-2012 06:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rick 88Send a Private Message to Rick 88Direct Link to This Post
Those seats look like they could have come from a Grand Am of that time frame. I really like the look of those T-Tops more than the CJB's with the black filler panel. I wonder why they were not offered this way from Pontiac?. The weatherstripping looks much more durable too.
curyan910

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-06-2012 04:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for curyan910Send a Private Message to curyan910Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Rick 88:

Those seats look like they could have come from a Grand Am of that time frame. I really like the look of those T-Tops more than the CJB's with the black filler panel. I wonder why they were not offered this way from Pontiac?. The weatherstripping looks much more durable too.

The weatherstripping along the T-tops is in excellent condition. I do not know why this car has this option on it but the all glass top does look pretty sweet when the tops are on.
curyan910

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-10-2012 12:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for curyan910Send a Private Message to curyan910Direct Link to This Post
Bump. I really would like to sell this before I have to park it outside for winter!
curyan910

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-15-2012 10:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for curyan910Send a Private Message to curyan910Direct Link to This Post
Bump. Lowered the Price some. Email if interested.
Thanks
Division

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-18-2012 08:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DivisionSend a Private Message to DivisionDirect Link to This Post
I'm interested and shot a PM your way a couple days ago. Let me know.
curyan910

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-23-2012 09:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for curyan910Send a Private Message to curyan910Direct Link to This Post
Bump.
PFF
System Bot
junny

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-23-2012 10:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for junnySend a Private Message to junnyDirect Link to This Post
can you tell me what was done to the suspension? if we came to a price that worked for both of us would you be ok with helping with shipping? i'm in jersey so it would have to be shipped and i know some sellers want to deal only in person so figure i would ask now.
curyan910

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-25-2012 03:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for curyan910Send a Private Message to curyan910Direct Link to This Post
PM Sent to Junny
ls3mach

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 226
Rate this member

Report this Post10-25-2012 03:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ls3machSend a Private Message to ls3machDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FieroGTguy:

I would offer $2500 cash. I just bought a super nice 300hp Northstar for $3000. I've always liked T-Tops though.

PM me if interested,
Greg

You bought an engine or a swapped car for $3000?

Nice looking car. If it comes down in price much more I might buy it. Only problem I face is getting someone to put an L67 or L32 in the car, I have no desire to drive the 2.8 again.
curyan910

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-03-2012 08:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for curyan910Send a Private Message to curyan910Direct Link to This Post
I sold it last night. I hope it runs and drives great for the next guy.

I will miss her.

Before she drove away.
ZeroC

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 170
Rate this member

Report this Post11-04-2012 03:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ZeroCClick Here to visit ZeroC's HomePageSend a Private Message to ZeroCDirect Link to This Post
sad day ...looked sweet

------------------
"This car is so good looking its almost indecent. - AutoWeek on the new 1986 GT"

Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post11-04-2012 10:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarDirect Link to This Post
Congrats on the sale, and to the buyer.

Thankfully, the temptation has been removed. I really didn't have the room.

------------------
Raydar
88 Formula IMSA Fastback. 4.9, NVG T550

Praise the Lowered!

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock