Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Mall - Archive
  FS: Red 87GT, 3.4 engine, rust free, in Michigan. $3000 OBO (Page 2)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
Previous Page | Next Page
FS: Red 87GT, 3.4 engine, rust free, in Michigan. $3000 OBO by smartaxel
Started on: 07-28-2012 06:52 PM
Replies: 62
Last post by: smartaxel on 07-10-2013 07:27 PM
solotwo

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post01-04-2013 03:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoDirect Link to This Post
I was talking about fuel economy and you mentioned the 7730 and digital egr. I printed the email. Anyway it sounds like that would be a lot of $$ and problems.
IP: Logged
batousai666

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-07-2013 11:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for batousai666Send a Private Message to batousai666Direct Link to This Post
bump

do you feel this car would make the long trip home to Kalamazoo, MI??

I am in the market and like the color and the power

[This message has been edited by batousai666 (edited 01-08-2013).]

solotwo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-08-2013 08:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoDirect Link to This Post
batousai666 that is a nice car and is on my list. It is a manual which I like. Sounded good without being to loud. I am waiting for the insurance company to process the paperwork so I can get $$. Cant buy a Fiero without $$. LOL

[This message has been edited by solotwo (edited 01-08-2013).]

smartaxel

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 83
Rate this member

Report this Post01-08-2013 09:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for smartaxelClick Here to visit smartaxel's HomePageSend a Private Message to smartaxelDirect Link to This Post
It hasn't been regularly driven lately, so I know sitting does things to cars, however when I drove it regularly I would have had no concerns. It starts and idles good. Gut feeling is it'd be fine. If the weather hadn't been crummy I was thinking of driving it to grand rapids. (before solo came to see it)
batousai666

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-08-2013 01:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for batousai666Send a Private Message to batousai666Direct Link to This Post
very well then......while we wait on the INS. company...... have you set a price for the 3800??
i have not re read this post since from last month.....a ballpark??
i want one of them most but Tax time is tooo far away.....to think that high just yet

[This message has been edited by batousai666 (edited 01-08-2013).]

solotwo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-08-2013 03:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoDirect Link to This Post
Bat just open up the wallet and get one!
smartaxel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-08-2013 09:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for smartaxelClick Here to visit smartaxel's HomePageSend a Private Message to smartaxelDirect Link to This Post
I haven't really priced out the formula. I don't know what equally equipped ones actually sell for. Right now I will accept real offers. I won't really try to sell either till Spring so it's offers now. Once spring hits I will probably detail and do some homework on values
smartaxel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-20-2013 06:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for smartaxelClick Here to visit smartaxel's HomePageSend a Private Message to smartaxelDirect Link to This Post
It's going to warm up soon, which means I will soon clean these up and start pushing to sell them. Figured bumping this up couldn't hurt in case someone wants to see one when the weather gets nice.
solotwo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-20-2013 08:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoDirect Link to This Post
Your 87 GT is a very nice car. I regret not buying it.

[This message has been edited by solotwo (edited 03-20-2013).]

smartaxel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-16-2013 09:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for smartaxelClick Here to visit smartaxel's HomePageSend a Private Message to smartaxelDirect Link to This Post
Bump. Gets new shift panel this weekend once urethane dries and I found the engine receipt. It had 46,000 miles at install. That means less then 60,000 miles on the engine today. Gets cleaned up and detailed in the next two weeks.
smartaxel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-16-2013 09:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for smartaxelClick Here to visit smartaxel's HomePageSend a Private Message to smartaxelDirect Link to This Post

smartaxel

2823 posts
Member since Feb 2002

If it makes you feel any better.. I regret you not buying it also. LOL

Originally posted by solotwo:

Your 87 GT is a very nice car. I regret not buying it.

PFF
System Bot
solotwo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-16-2013 10:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoDirect Link to This Post
I miss the manual transmission. May be I should sell mine and buy yours. LOL I was thinking of swapping but you dont need another 3800SC car. LOL

[This message has been edited by solotwo (edited 04-16-2013).]

solotwo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-05-2013 07:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoDirect Link to This Post
Bump. Do you have the car? Say have you driven your 3800 car? What do you think with the difference between the 3/4 & the 3800. I know the 3800 is blown but just curious.
smartaxel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-05-2013 08:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for smartaxelClick Here to visit smartaxel's HomePageSend a Private Message to smartaxelDirect Link to This Post
Hey,

I still have it. Haven't really driven either yet. (no insurance on the 3800). Think I took out the 87 to work one day but that was it. I don't know if you can really compare them. They're different.. The 3800 is an auto so it's got a lot more pull before the gears shift and more torque. The 3.4 is just like a slightly quicker 2.8 but it's got the 5 speed so you are shifting quite often. When I had the manual 3800 I didnt see a huge difference btw the two. (i thought the 3800 stunk honestly). When I went to the auto I can tell (I'm not a great manual driver though- I ease it into first, so I have never launched it, or really "given" it.) 3800 is going to be a lot quicker car though.
solotwo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-05-2013 11:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoDirect Link to This Post
I hope your fuel economy for the 3800 is better than what I am getting. I drive 18 miles one way to work. Unfortunately it is part city, part four lane non expressway with stop lights and 6 miles of two lane in the country with IDIOTS driving in front of me. You know they can not keep a steady speed. So I am getting 21-22 in this drive. Several weeks ago I had to drive my wife over to Holland about 80 mile round trip on via the expressway. Then I got over 25 almost 26. I do miss a manual transmission. My first Fiero I had for 12 years was a manual. The 3800 with auto feels to me to be a heavy non sporty car. Granted I am comparing it to the 88 2.5 coupe I drove for 12 years which felt light and nimble. Well I wish you well.

Peace be with you

Steve

[This message has been edited by solotwo (edited 06-05-2013).]

smartaxel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-09-2013 04:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for smartaxelClick Here to visit smartaxel's HomePageSend a Private Message to smartaxelDirect Link to This Post
The 87Gt was sold today to a very nice couple from the MI fiero Club. It sounds like they'ge got some good plans for their Fieros and I wish them all the best

Solo- I didnt see the previous response. My 3800 car started as a manual, and I had it swapped to an auto. Honestly, I preferred the auto version.. For my driving style, it had better pickup Now that the 87 is sold, I'll put insurance on it and take it back out. It didnt feel overly heavy to me though - actually both cars feel extremely light to me. When I go frmo some of the ohter cars to the Fiero, it almost feels like I'mm driving a "toy". I preferred the 87s "feel" on the road (it was an incredibly smooth fiero)but the 3800 one doesnt feel heavy tome at all. Its fairly responsive and It could get out of the way quick if necessary. I"m feeling the need to drive it again soon though. It's been almost 2 years sicne I had that one out. Sorry for the slow response. Hope all is working out with yours.
solotwo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-09-2013 04:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoDirect Link to This Post
Glad to hear the 87 is in Michigan. Wow now I better not sell my car.
smartaxel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-10-2013 12:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for smartaxelClick Here to visit smartaxel's HomePageSend a Private Message to smartaxelDirect Link to This Post
I'm glad it's still in MI too. I had some other folks look at it that I thought would have really abused it, so I am glad these folks bought it. I do miss it. Looked in the garage and it wasn't there and it felt a bit wierd. I may have to convert the formula to a GT. I figured you were keeping yours after the new rack went in.

[This message has been edited by smartaxel (edited 07-10-2013).]

solotwo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-10-2013 01:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoDirect Link to This Post
No I have it for sale. I have things going on. May look for work in Holland and that would require a fuel efficient vehicle. Seeing as you have/had both what do you think of the 3800 vs 3.4?
FieroGTguy

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 101
Rate this member

Report this Post07-10-2013 05:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroGTguyClick Here to visit FieroGTguy's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroGTguyDirect Link to This Post
Would you be open to a $5k offer on the Formula?

PM if interested.

Thanks,
Greg

------------------

[This message has been edited by FieroGTguy (edited 07-10-2013).]

smartaxel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-10-2013 06:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for smartaxelClick Here to visit smartaxel's HomePageSend a Private Message to smartaxelDirect Link to This Post
Greg-Thanks for the offer, but I'm keeping it. Both were for sale till one sold and the 87 just sold. I am not ready to get out of Fieros, and this is the last one I have.

Solo- They were both quite different. Although I doubt the 3.4 is really great on gas either. I never paid attention to mileage. With my driving, I just knew I was filling up the tank every 3 or 4 days. I honestly preferred the 3.4 car but that was due to the suspension and ride quality. Unfortunately, with the size of the Fiero (legroom) shifting was killing my knee and aggrivating an old injury, so I was trying to keep the auto car (Formula) and pushing the 87 to sell more.. If both were auto I'd have easily kept the 3.4 car, however, again, it was a GT, had a more smooth ride, and I prefer the pre-88 steering. But power-wise, the 3800 has more power, however it also vibrates more. Light to light, 3800 was definitely more fun or if I felt like pushing it on the highway. Long drive, or family drive, and the 87 was far preferred. Driving the two vehicles was absolutely night and day- but again, the suspension played a huge part of that. That 87 was just a cruiser- smooth, nice ride. The 88 has more harsh suspension, vibrates more- feel more like you're in a mucle car from "back in the day." For a daily driver the 87 3.4 absolutely shined. I really loved that car. For some quick runs somewhere, the 3800 was preferred. I'd have never thought two Fieros could handle so differently, but they did.
PFF
System Bot
solotwo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-10-2013 06:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoDirect Link to This Post
What # is your rear springs? I have 350# springs in mine.
smartaxel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-10-2013 07:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for smartaxelClick Here to visit smartaxel's HomePageSend a Private Message to smartaxelDirect Link to This Post
I had a set of OEM springs that was one level from the hardest ones they had I believe. (Supposedly they were from an 88GT). I put those in to replace the previous owner's cut ones. If there were 5 letter codes for the spring rates, the ones I had were stickerd with like the 4th hardest code if I recall. I dont have a chart to link the code to the poundage and it's been a few years,so I don't 100 percent recall.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock