Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Mall - Archive
  FOYRacing F23 Mounts now for sale (Page 2)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 
Previous Page | Next Page
FOYRacing F23 Mounts now for sale by FriendOfYours
Started on: 07-12-2012 04:10 PM
Replies: 88
Last post by: FIEROFLYER on 12-17-2012 07:27 PM
Ryanstalin

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-18-2012 04:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RyanstalinSend a Private Message to RyanstalinDirect Link to This Post
i believe its almost the same. but since your using the f23 which came from the cavalier 2.2, get that.
IP: Logged
FriendOfYours

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 50
User Banned

Report this Post07-19-2012 04:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FriendOfYoursSend a Private Message to FriendOfYoursDirect Link to This Post
Yes. Use the clutch for the 2.2
1986 Fiero GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 54
Rate this member

Report this Post07-19-2012 06:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 1986 Fiero GTSend a Private Message to 1986 Fiero GTDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FriendOfYours:

Yes. Use the clutch for the 2.2

Is the drive spline on the F23 different than the 282?

EDIT: So, $110 shipped for the bracket assembly and it uses factory Getrag cables?

[This message has been edited by 1986 Fiero GT (edited 07-19-2012).]

bcampbell

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-19-2012 06:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bcampbellSend a Private Message to bcampbellDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 1986 Fiero GT:

Is the drive spline on the F23 different than the 282?

EDIT: So, $110 shipped for the bracket assembly and it uses factory Getrag cables?

IIRC it has the same spline count but the bellhousing requires some clearancing for the pressure plate. I suppose if the 2.2 clutch bolts up and can hold the power it would be the more ideal solution.
FriendOfYours

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post07-19-2012 08:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FriendOfYoursSend a Private Message to FriendOfYoursDirect Link to This Post
The spline count is the same

Yes, the cable brackets/shifter assembly is $110 before shipping and you can use your existing getrag cables. No modifications needed
FIEROFLYER

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 180
Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2012 10:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FIEROFLYERSend a Private Message to FIEROFLYERDirect Link to This Post
Not judging any one here, I have done three F23 swaps now using a similar set up to Mattawa's which works for the average person. it is good and strong and very easy to make your self. Only draw back I found is getting the right angle for the shift cable and still able to clear the strut tower and feed the cables past the air box bracket which is a very tight fit for both.
At the same time I am also looking into making some thing myself to use stock getrag cables to make things easier and cheaper for the customers especially for people who already have good cables.
In the end personally I would prefer a set up with stock cables that clears every thing and looks some what stock like it would have come from the factory that way because the stock look is important to me as well as most of my customers.
I would like to see your finished cleaned up set up installed to get an idea of how it looks finished and I would suggest some kind of shield to protect it from foreign objects getting in where you do not want them and possibly jamming your linkage.
For some one with the right equipment at hand a perfect solution might be a complete shifter bracket assembly that bolts right the tranny the same way the stock assembly does sort of as a replacement set up with every thing attached to it.
If you remove the shifter asssy from the tranny you will see what I am getting at. Dan

------------------

http://www.photosled.com/showgallery.php/cat/631

FriendOfYours

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post07-21-2012 04:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FriendOfYoursSend a Private Message to FriendOfYoursDirect Link to This Post

All powdered and perdy
Ryanstalin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2012 12:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RyanstalinSend a Private Message to RyanstalinDirect Link to This Post
when I order a set of mounts do i get the hardware as well (bolts)? also what kind of rubber do you use, is it just a flat piece?
FriendOfYours

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post07-22-2012 02:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FriendOfYoursSend a Private Message to FriendOfYoursDirect Link to This Post
The mount we use is Anchor #2288. It is a very stiff rubber transmission mount. Also, very very inexpensive

We supply the hardware
Erik

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 168
Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2012 11:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ErikSend a Private Message to ErikDirect Link to This Post
Could you post some pictures of the Isuzu shift bracket set up with the cables attached?
carbon

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 132
Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2012 09:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for carbonSend a Private Message to carbonDirect Link to This Post
Is it possible to just get the front tranny mount bracket? I already have a rear tranny mount solution...

Thanks for making this stuff!
PFF
System Bot
FriendOfYours

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post07-23-2012 12:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FriendOfYoursSend a Private Message to FriendOfYoursDirect Link to This Post
Yes! It would be $100 shipped for just the front and no adapters

We aim to please
Erik

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2012 01:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ErikSend a Private Message to ErikDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Erik:

Could you post some pictures of the Isuzu shift bracket set up with the cables attached?

Just bumping this question. I need to figure out which one( getrag or isuzu) will work best for my N* swap before ordering, thanks.
Ryanstalin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2012 08:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RyanstalinSend a Private Message to RyanstalinDirect Link to This Post
how are the brackets different between isuzu and getrag? the only reason I ask is because I would be getting a set for isuzu cables, and you only shown a picture of the getrag brackets, I think.
gremlin87

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2012 10:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for gremlin87Send a Private Message to gremlin87Direct Link to This Post
This might be off subject a little, but I already have a good clutch for my 3800, is it possible to keep it for an f23 swap?
FriendOfYours

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post07-24-2012 02:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FriendOfYoursSend a Private Message to FriendOfYoursDirect Link to This Post
I'll have the pictures up today of the isuzu. We are swamped

Yes you can keep your clutch
FIEROFLYER

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 180
Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2012 02:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FIEROFLYERSend a Private Message to FIEROFLYERDirect Link to This Post
Not trying to but in but some clutches do not clear the F23, only real way to know is trial and error to see if it fits with out rubbing. Dan
FriendOfYours

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post07-24-2012 02:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FriendOfYoursSend a Private Message to FriendOfYoursDirect Link to This Post
He asked if his clutch will. Yes, it will. Pressure plate may not
Ryanstalin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2012 11:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RyanstalinSend a Private Message to RyanstalinDirect Link to This Post
okay, well I do know that spec stage 3 will fit the f23.
and foy, when ordering the shift brackets do we also get the extended piece on the transmission, the select level I think its called? i didnt see it in the pictures.

[This message has been edited by Ryanstalin (edited 07-24-2012).]

carbon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-25-2012 12:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for carbonSend a Private Message to carbonDirect Link to This Post

Yes! It would be $100 shipped for just the front and no adapters

We aim to please

Did you get my payment?
FriendOfYours

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post07-25-2012 12:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FriendOfYoursSend a Private Message to FriendOfYoursDirect Link to This Post
Yessir

It will be out this Saturday
PFF
System Bot
carbon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-25-2012 02:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for carbonSend a Private Message to carbonDirect Link to This Post
Awesome!

Ryanstalin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-28-2012 12:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RyanstalinSend a Private Message to RyanstalinDirect Link to This Post
just a friendly bump. is there any word on my flywheel that I ordered? the 2nd is rolling around really quick.
Ryanstalin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2012 09:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RyanstalinSend a Private Message to RyanstalinDirect Link to This Post
any word?
FriendOfYours

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post07-30-2012 03:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FriendOfYoursSend a Private Message to FriendOfYoursDirect Link to This Post
Just finished our most recent batch of flywheels and are ready to ship. I'll PM you. I know I still haven't put the Isuzu pics up yet. The car is about 80 miles away at the moment so I should have pictures tomorrow when our lead tech gets back from a show
carbon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2012 04:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for carbonSend a Private Message to carbonDirect Link to This Post

Did my mount ship?
FriendOfYours

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post07-30-2012 04:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FriendOfYoursSend a Private Message to FriendOfYoursDirect Link to This Post
We are behind and I didn't get it out Saturday. But, it is done and will go out today! Check for PM around 6 PST
carbon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2012 09:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for carbonSend a Private Message to carbonDirect Link to This Post

We are behind and I didn't get it out Saturday. But, it is done and will go out today! Check for PM around 6 PST

No PM Monday or yesterday...
FriendOfYours

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post08-01-2012 10:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FriendOfYoursSend a Private Message to FriendOfYoursDirect Link to This Post
Ah, I completely forgot! I'll send it to you tomorrow when I get back to the shop

In the meantime, here are the Isuzu pics. The select uses the same bracket so I just threw it all in there. Bit rusty from sitting

Please, if anyone ever has any issues, call us! Someone is always available to answer any questions you may have. Our number is in the OP
Ryanstalin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2012 10:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RyanstalinSend a Private Message to RyanstalinDirect Link to This Post
ill be waiting for my kit to come up. pretty much all my conversion parts will be from foy. excited to see it all come together.
Erik

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-03-2012 01:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ErikSend a Private Message to ErikDirect Link to This Post
Let me check my cables for the best ones shape wise this weekend that I have stored away. .Not sure if my getrag cbles are as in good of shape as the isuzus are. Then I will order the brackets this coming week.
PFF
System Bot
FriendOfYours

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post08-04-2012 09:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FriendOfYoursSend a Private Message to FriendOfYoursDirect Link to This Post
bump
FriendOfYours

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post08-09-2012 06:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FriendOfYoursSend a Private Message to FriendOfYoursDirect Link to This Post
bump
FriendOfYours

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post08-13-2012 07:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FriendOfYoursSend a Private Message to FriendOfYoursDirect Link to This Post
ttt
carbon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-14-2012 08:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for carbonSend a Private Message to carbonDirect Link to This Post
What hardware should I be using for this front tranny mount? I have the Anchor 2288 mount...
FriendOfYours

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post08-14-2012 02:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FriendOfYoursSend a Private Message to FriendOfYoursDirect Link to This Post
All the m10x1.5 bolts and nuts from your previous transmission should swap right over!
gremlin87

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-15-2012 05:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for gremlin87Send a Private Message to gremlin87Direct Link to This Post
Is there a new slave cylinder for these swaps available? Or what is everyone using?
Trinten

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-15-2012 05:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TrintenSend a Private Message to TrintenDirect Link to This Post
I have a question that might not be answerable - but always better to ask. My F23 swap is already done, was not done by me. The engine and F23 are solid mounted, though L67/Emc209i said that he wasn't completely happy with one of the mounts he came up with, in retrospect-comparison to one of the ones Mattwa came up with.

With just the swap thread that L67 did (which gives details on the mounts and such), would you be able to determine if your mounts would bolt up without shifting the position of the transmission?

If it will go on without moving the position (which means I would be very interested), any concerns with having the solid rubber mounts that you use, given that my engine is directly bolted to the cradle (as is my currently setup for the F23)? And lastly, if yes to the concerns, can you modify your mounts to be solid-mounted as well?

Thank you!
FriendOfYours

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post08-15-2012 06:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FriendOfYoursSend a Private Message to FriendOfYoursDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by gremlin87:

Is there a new slave cylinder for these swaps available? Or what is everyone using?

The factory HTOB is used and we can supply an adapter to connect the Fiero hydraulics to the HTOB. We are having a difficult time sourcing the fittings we need, so we might start requiring a core from your F23

Originally posted by Trinten:

I have a question that might not be answerable - but always better to ask. My F23 swap is already done, was not done by me. The engine and F23 are solid mounted, though L67/Emc209i said that he wasn't completely happy with one of the mounts he came up with, in retrospect-comparison to one of the ones Mattwa came up with.

With just the swap thread that L67 did (which gives details on the mounts and such), would you be able to determine if your mounts would bolt up without shifting the position of the transmission?

If it will go on without moving the position (which means I would be very interested), any concerns with having the solid rubber mounts that you use, given that my engine is directly bolted to the cradle (as is my currently setup for the F23)? And lastly, if yes to the concerns, can you modify your mounts to be solid-mounted as well?

Thank you!

If it uses the factory Fiero axles, then yes! They will fit just great

However, I would not recommend mixing rubber with solid. This will cause uneven twisting of the drivetrain and you will break something. But, if it is absolutely solid, including front torque mount and dogbone, you might be ok. You can always try it and if a mount breaks, we can just build you an engine bracket that will fit up with a rubber mount.
FriendOfYours

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post08-18-2012 01:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FriendOfYoursSend a Private Message to FriendOfYoursDirect Link to This Post
ttt
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock