Parting out 1987 base Fiero by Bstrickler934
Started on: 04-23-2012 04:08 PM
Replies: 72
Last post by: KSKENE on 08-05-2012 01:44 PM
fireo

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2012 03:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fireoSend a Private Message to fireoDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Bstrickler934:

Bump.

Anyone need anything? I have 2 extra speedometers, light grey interior from an '84 (the dash is trashed, so that's no good. The pocket is still good, though).

I need a center console. I have the shifter console with the ash-trays, but I need whatever (everythign) that goes behind that to the firewall. The color is like the blue-gray, so I assume that's light grey.

Let me know how much you want. Shipping is to 92677.
IP: Logged
Bstrickler934

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2012 04:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Bstrickler934Send a Private Message to Bstrickler934Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by fireo:

I need a center console. I have the shifter console with the ash-trays, but I need whatever (everythign) that goes behind that to the firewall. The color is like the blue-gray, so I assume that's light grey.

Let me know how much you want. Shipping is to 92677.

That would probably be the light grey.

How does $20+shipping sound? It is pulled back in some areas, like the center console lid (like most are), but that can probably be fixed with some 3M adhesive.

My guess is that shipping will probabably be ~20-$30 due to the bulk.
Bstrickler934

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2012 07:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Bstrickler934Send a Private Message to Bstrickler934Direct Link to This Post

Bstrickler934

204 posts
Member since Feb 2012

Originally posted by Doober:

Sounds good

Photo's added. The tan visors are trashed, so I can include the grey ones if those will work for you. $50 sound fair for the headboard and visors? The foam for the headboard is still soft, and the grey visors just need a little cleaning (I accidentally handled them with dirty hands when pulling apart the '85).
fireo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2012 08:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fireoSend a Private Message to fireoDirect Link to This Post
$20+shipping is awesome! I don't care if its peeling a little, most of my interior pieces had to be re-glued anyway. In fact the skeleton is still curing from an intensive jb-weld overhaul. (It's more machine than man now...)

To make sure I have the right color here is a crappy picture of the inside of my car.

And a better one of the front center console.

Thanks for your help. These are the last pieces I need to make the interior complete!

Bstrickler934

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2012 09:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Bstrickler934Send a Private Message to Bstrickler934Direct Link to This Post
Any chance you can tell me if your dash and door panels are a light grey or a darker grey? I will take pictures tomorrow (I'm currently at work) of the dark grey dash I have, compared to the light grey of the console.

The radio surround (the piece in the 2nd pic) has always been black or tan, I dont think I've seen it in any other color.
fireo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2012 10:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fireoSend a Private Message to fireoDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Bstrickler934:

Any chance you can tell me if your dash and door panels are a light grey or a darker grey? I will take pictures tomorrow (I'm currently at work) of the dark grey dash I have, compared to the light grey of the console.

The radio surround (the piece in the 2nd pic) has always been black or tan, I dont think I've seen it in any other color.

Hope this helps.
Bstrickler934

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-03-2012 08:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Bstrickler934Send a Private Message to Bstrickler934Direct Link to This Post
That would actually be the dark grey interior. You can try to see if anyone knows of a vinyl DYE (not paint) that will match the dark grey of the Fiero interior. The reason I say dye is because paint is very likely to wear through quickly in a high wear place such as the center console.

If you still want it, let me know. A mismatched center console is better than no center console! You can always replace it later when you find one.

I would also take a look at Nyranger6830's sale thread, and see if he has a console that matches yours.

https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum4/HTML/060966.html

He has 2 grey interior consoles listed. Hopefully one is the color you need!
katore8105

Feedback score:    (28)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-03-2012 08:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for katore8105Click Here to visit katore8105's HomePageSend a Private Message to katore8105Direct Link to This Post
What do you want for the Exhaust manifold?
Quad Raider

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-03-2012 10:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Quad RaiderSend a Private Message to Quad RaiderDirect Link to This Post
I'm looking for the body parts that attach the front fascia to the space frame. Some of mine are missing, so I don't know exactly what I need. Any chance you could post photos of the front of your car with the front fascia removed?
Doober

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-03-2012 02:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DooberSend a Private Message to DooberDirect Link to This Post
The gray is actually the color I'm looking for I was under the assumption you had pulled the headliner from that '85 too?
Bstrickler934

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-03-2012 07:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Bstrickler934Send a Private Message to Bstrickler934Direct Link to This Post

The gray is actually the color I'm looking for I was under the assumption you had pulled the headliner from that '85 too?

I apologize. I forgot about that.

I tried pulling it, but I wasn't able to, without risking damaging the metal sunroof ring which holds part of the headliner in. I should have PM'd you about that, letting you know I wasn't able to, but forgot, because I got called in for OT.

As far as I know, he still has the headliner. Check out the freshly uploaded pictures to see what's left in the '85 as of Monday.

Actually helps me a little bit, because my headliner is toast (which I forgot about).

~Brian

Originally posted by katore8105:

What do you want for the Exhaust manifold?

Do you know if the exhaust manifold is '87 specific? I have an extra exhaust manifold already removed from an '84 engine, so if that fits, too, I can do $15+shipping (probably ends up being ~$30 shipped, if it will fit in a medium or large flat rate). The Oxygen sensor mount tore off when I tried removing the sensor from the '87 manifold.

Edit:
Just checked FS, and according to them, the exhaust manifolds are the same, but you have to use the '84-'86 exhaust gasket.
Also on Carpartsdiscount.com, the manifold looks exactly like the '84's.

None of them have the heat shield like shown in the link though.
https://www.carpartsdiscount.com/auto/parts/87/pontiac/fiero/exhaust_manifold/exhaust_manifold_kit.html?3593=44239&slide=1

Originally posted by Quad Raider:

I'm looking for the body parts that attach the front fascia to the space frame. Some of mine are missing, so I don't know exactly what I need. Any chance you could post photos of the front of your car with the front fascia removed?

I can start on that this Saturday, assuming the pics of the '88 I found in storage are of no help.

http://i3.photobucket.com/a...20Fiero/DSC07496.jpg
http://i3.photobucket.com/a...20Fiero/DSC07497.jpg

~Brian

[This message has been edited by Bstrickler934 (edited 05-03-2012).]

PFF
System Bot
Quad Raider

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-03-2012 10:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Quad RaiderSend a Private Message to Quad RaiderDirect Link to This Post
Yeah, that '88 has been stripped, so it doesn't help much. See the little eyelet on the bottom center of the very front of the space frame? What attaches to it? I think there's supposed to be a bracket about 8 inches long that bolts to the front fascia to keep it from sagging. My eyelet is broken off and the bracket is long gone.
Bstrickler934

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-04-2012 07:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Bstrickler934Send a Private Message to Bstrickler934Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Quad Raider:

Yeah, that '88 has been stripped, so it doesn't help much. See the little eyelet on the bottom center of the very front of the space frame? What attaches to it? I think there's supposed to be a bracket about 8 inches long that bolts to the front fascia to keep it from sagging. My eyelet is broken off and the bracket is long gone.

I see it. It was helpful in the fact that now I know what to look for. I'll check it out tomorrow;

List of things to do tomorrow
Pull mirrors & cabling
Pull front fascia, check for eyelet attachment
Take photo's of exhaust manifold
gambler85

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-04-2012 08:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for gambler85Send a Private Message to gambler85Direct Link to This Post
I was wondering if u have the cup holders in the doors on ur firebird. Im looking for a set.
Bstrickler934

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-05-2012 04:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Bstrickler934Send a Private Message to Bstrickler934Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by gambler85:

I was wondering if u have the cup holders in the doors on ur firebird. Im looking for a set.

Unfortunately, it doesn't have cup holders.

Quad Raider,

My '87 doesn't have that eyelet, so it must be a GT or '88 only thing.

http://i3.photobucket.com/a...20Fiero/IMAG0246.jpg
http://i3.photobucket.com/a...20Fiero/IMAG0245.jpg
http://i3.photobucket.com/a...20Fiero/IMAG0244.jpg

katore8105,
Here's pics of the manifolds (guess which one is the '87!):

http://i3.photobucket.com/a...20Fiero/IMAG0252.jpg
http://i3.photobucket.com/a...20Fiero/IMAG0247.jpg
http://i3.photobucket.com/a...20Fiero/IMAG0249.jpg
http://i3.photobucket.com/a...20Fiero/IMAG0250.jpg
http://i3.photobucket.com/a...20Fiero/IMAG0251.jpg
~Brian
Quad Raider

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-05-2012 06:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Quad RaiderSend a Private Message to Quad RaiderDirect Link to This Post
Hmmm. Thanks for posting the photos.
Bstrickler934

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-05-2012 06:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Bstrickler934Send a Private Message to Bstrickler934Direct Link to This Post
No problem Anything to help out a fellow Fiero owner.
Morrisfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-06-2012 11:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MorrisfieroSend a Private Message to MorrisfieroDirect Link to This Post
what are you looking to get for the manifold and how much to 08822
Bstrickler934

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-07-2012 02:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Bstrickler934Send a Private Message to Bstrickler934Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Morrisfiero:

what are you looking to get for the manifold and how much to 08822

Intake, or exhaust?

If katore8105 doesn't get back to me soon, the exhaust manifold will be available.

If you need just the intake manifold (no throttle body unit) from the '87, it'll be the same ($15+shipping).
Morrisfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-07-2012 01:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MorrisfieroSend a Private Message to MorrisfieroDirect Link to This Post
yeah i need the exhaust manifold i tried welding mine and its junk now
Bstrickler934

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-07-2012 07:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Bstrickler934Send a Private Message to Bstrickler934Direct Link to This Post
If he doesn't get back to me by tomorrow morning, it's yours.
PFF
System Bot
Morrisfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-07-2012 08:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MorrisfieroSend a Private Message to MorrisfieroDirect Link to This Post
Ok cool thanks ill be checking the form often just pm me when and we can set payment up
Bstrickler934

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-11-2012 09:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Bstrickler934Send a Private Message to Bstrickler934Direct Link to This Post
Update:

I will not be able to pull anything I have not pulled already this weekend. My leg gave out while at work, due to my spondylolisthesis, so I'm giving my back a rest this weekend.

If you have any item requests, feel free to ask. I will write down the list of things people want.

~Brian
solotwo

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post05-12-2012 01:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoDirect Link to This Post
seats? did I ask you about seats? Firebird seats? Fiero seats?

Steve W.
NE Grand Rapids, MI
88 Faded Red Coupe
Doober

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-12-2012 06:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DooberSend a Private Message to DooberDirect Link to This Post
He has a couple tan seats from the pics I've seen. The passenger looked pretty decent and just torn fabric on the driver. I've been tempted to ask, but figured I'd wait 'til I have a little $ to spare, because I would want to recover them before putting them in mine (plus I have a gray interior).
solotwo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-13-2012 12:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoDirect Link to This Post
Does the fire chicken have any front buckets?

Steve W.
NE Grand Rapids, MI
88 Base Faded Red Coupe
81 4.9L X-11

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-13-2012 12:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 81 4.9L X-11Click Here to visit 81 4.9L X-11's HomePageSend a Private Message to 81 4.9L X-11Direct Link to This Post
Any chance you have the HVAC under dash pieces and harness? I don't need the ducting, just looking for the A/C controls, wires and the air box door bits.

Cheers
Bstrickler934

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-15-2012 06:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Bstrickler934Send a Private Message to Bstrickler934Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by solotwo:

Does the fire chicken have any front buckets?

Steve W.
NE Grand Rapids, MI
88 Base Faded Red Coupe

I'll have to check storage this weekend, to see if I still have the seats.

Any chance you have the HVAC under dash pieces and harness? I don't need the ducting, just looking for the A/C controls, wires and the air box door bits.

Cheers

I have everything from the '87 AC stuff still. By wires, do you mean the whole harness? And what air box door bits?

He has a couple tan seats from the pics I've seen. The passenger looked pretty decent and just torn fabric on the driver. I've been tempted to ask, but figured I'd wait 'til I have a little $ to spare, because I would want to recover them before putting them in mine (plus I have a gray interior).

Thank you for helping me out, Doober. Didn't check the forum this weekend.

[This message has been edited by Bstrickler934 (edited 05-15-2012).]

solotwo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-15-2012 08:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoDirect Link to This Post
Looking for some nice grey seats. I sent you a PM and you should be getting a pay pal message also. Thanks!
Bstrickler934

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-29-2012 03:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Bstrickler934Send a Private Message to Bstrickler934Direct Link to This Post
Bump.

Spoiler, trim, ignition control module, and rear bumper are gone.

Anyone need anything else? Just ask, and I'll let you know if I have it. In 1 month (June 30th), it goes to the scrapper, but I won't be scrapping the dash/interior door panels, because those are in too good of condition to throw away.

If you're local (or don't mind driving to Tucson), you can have the whole car for $200. The body panels are in sound shape, but need to be re painted (a few need to be stripped and painted, because the paint is cracked on a few). I'd rather lose a few dollars and keep it from being crushed than send it to the scrapper to lose another Fiero.

I will need to take one of the wheels, and transplant the tire, because I have one wheel on my '84 that has a slightly different depth offset, causing it to kick off the inner wheel weights if put in the rear.

[This message has been edited by Bstrickler934 (edited 05-29-2012).]

Marine1981

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-08-2012 03:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Marine1981Click Here to visit Marine1981's HomePageSend a Private Message to Marine1981Direct Link to This Post
If the 87 throttle cable for the 4cyl will work on an 88 I could use that if you have it. Thanks, Ben
PFF
System Bot
solotwo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2012 07:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoDirect Link to This Post
Hello would you have a rear compartment lock assembly? I hope it is the same as the 88.

Thanks
KSKENE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-05-2012 01:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KSKENEClick Here to visit KSKENE's HomePageSend a Private Message to KSKENEDirect Link to This Post
its a pain in the ass... but how about the IAC? maybe the oil pump
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock