Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Mall - Archive
  FS: More Gentex Self Dimming mirrors: a few with compass AND TEMP (Page 2)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 
Previous Page | Next Page
FS: More Gentex Self Dimming mirrors: a few with compass AND TEMP by Mike OHIO
Started on: 04-16-2012 09:19 PM
Replies: 82
Last post by: Mike OHIO on 06-23-2012 08:35 AM
mattwa

Feedback score:    (41)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 88
Rate this member

Report this Post05-06-2012 09:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mattwaSend a Private Message to mattwaDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Mike OHIO:

Looks good! Now you just need to recover your headliner and visors....and get a haircut! haha just kidding. Thanks for putting up a finished product pic.

Yea my headliner sucks, visors are ok. It's all original anyway. My hair looks long but it's not, it was just messing from wiring everything up outside (no garage space for me)
IP: Logged
Mike OHIO

Feedback score:    (24)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2012 07:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mike OHIOSend a Private Message to Mike OHIODirect Link to This Post
Have a few left....first post have the remaining quantities.
mattwa

Feedback score:    (41)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 88
Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2012 09:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mattwaSend a Private Message to mattwaDirect Link to This Post
I got my outside air temp sensor in the mail today, and it works!!! YAY I was so happy to have a working outside temp reading!!
fieroseblack

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2012 11:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroseblackSend a Private Message to fieroseblackDirect Link to This Post
OK, here’s the silly question of the day or maybe year. I would like a self-dimming, temp / compass mirror. All my gauges are digital & RED…is the mirror led read out changeable to RED or do they come in RED?
I know it’s silly, but I just can’t see putting BLUE digital in my all red digital Fiero.

Silly Mike

ALJR

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-11-2012 12:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ALJRSend a Private Message to ALJRDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Raydar:

Any more of this kind?
Mike OHIO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-11-2012 06:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Mike OHIOSend a Private Message to Mike OHIODirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fieroseblack:

OK, here’s the silly question of the day or maybe year. I would like a self-dimming, temp / compass mirror. All my gauges are digital & RED…is the mirror led read out changeable to RED or do they come in RED?
I know it’s silly, but I just can’t see putting BLUE digital in my all red digital Fiero.

Silly Mike

The amber leds mirrors are hard to find. BMW and I believe Nissan/infinity used amberish leds on theirs, but I don't come across those often- have yet to get one actually. I do not know of a way to change the GM blue to amber.

Mike OHIO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-11-2012 06:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Mike OHIOSend a Private Message to Mike OHIODirect Link to This Post

Mike OHIO

1089 posts
Member since Jul 2005

Originally posted by ALJR:

Any more of this kind?

Zero

[This message has been edited by Mike OHIO (edited 05-11-2012).]

BOBBY D

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-11-2012 07:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BOBBY DSend a Private Message to BOBBY DDirect Link to This Post
Can you update me on the status of my mirror that I ordered?
ALJR

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-11-2012 10:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ALJRSend a Private Message to ALJRDirect Link to This Post

I have 1 left of that kind

PM sent
fierohobby

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-11-2012 01:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierohobbySend a Private Message to fierohobbyDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ALJR:

Any more of this kind?

If you happen across another, I'll take it.

-fh

fieroseblack

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-11-2012 01:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroseblackSend a Private Message to fieroseblackDirect Link to This Post
OK, forget the dang RED, I will take a compass / temp when you get one, please. Just send me your PayPal.

Mike Parker
10828 Antelope Drive
Flint, Texas 75762-8780
H: 903-894-4610
M: 210-324-9788
fieroseblack@yahoo.com
PFF
System Bot
BOBBY D

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-11-2012 06:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BOBBY DSend a Private Message to BOBBY DDirect Link to This Post
It came today thanks
fieroseblack

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-13-2012 12:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroseblackSend a Private Message to fieroseblackDirect Link to This Post
Sent PM, need PayPal and $$$

Mike Parker
Mike OHIO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-14-2012 04:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Mike OHIOSend a Private Message to Mike OHIODirect Link to This Post
Ive got 1 more of this style GM Gentex self dim with compass and temp, temp sensors included on these. 55 shipped to anywhere in the lower 48 US.

[This message has been edited by Mike OHIO (edited 05-15-2012).]

UK86GT4.9

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-14-2012 12:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for UK86GT4.9Send a Private Message to UK86GT4.9Direct Link to This Post
I have the homelink mirror. Does anyone have the pinouts. colors are orange black blue brown and black with purple stripe. Having a hard time finding info. It might help if i knew which vehicle it came out of. Mirror appears to be in Exellent condition. Thanks
Mike OHIO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-14-2012 01:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mike OHIOSend a Private Message to Mike OHIODirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by UK86GT4.9:

I have the homelink mirror. Does anyone have the pinouts. colors are orange black blue brown and black with purple stripe. Having a hard time finding info. It might help if i knew which vehicle it came out of. Mirror appears to be in Exellent condition. Thanks

Your homelink mirror came out of an 06 Nissan Maxima. Raydar here on the forum may know the pinouts, he installed one I believe. I'm not knowledgeable on the homelink mirrors- as I've only come across one in several years.
Mike OHIO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-15-2012 08:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mike OHIOSend a Private Message to Mike OHIODirect Link to This Post

[This message has been edited by Mike OHIO (edited 05-17-2012).]

Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post05-15-2012 09:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarDirect Link to This Post

Your homelink mirror came out of an 06 Nissan Maxima. Raydar here on the forum may know the pinouts, he installed one I believe. I'm not knowledgeable on the homelink mirrors- as I've only come across one in several years.

I'll have to dig for the pinouts.
I don't think I have the paperwork any more, and I sold the car that the mirror was insatlled in, two weeks ago.
cptsnoopy

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 60
Rate this member

Report this Post05-16-2012 12:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cptsnoopySend a Private Message to cptsnoopyDirect Link to This Post

1 self dim with compass and temp + temp sensor remaining. 55 shipped

If this one is still available, I'd like to buy it from you.
Charlie

Mike OHIO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-16-2012 07:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mike OHIOSend a Private Message to Mike OHIODirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by cptsnoopy:

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Mike OHIO:

1 self dim with compass and temp + temp sensor remaining. 55 shipped

If this one is still available, I'd like to buy it from you.
Charlie

[/QUOTE]

sold!

compass and temps are all sold out.

still available:

1 OnStar self dim with compass $20 shipped

1 self dim with compass- switch style- $20 shipped

[This message has been edited by Mike OHIO (edited 05-17-2012).]

FieroJam

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-17-2012 09:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroJamSend a Private Message to FieroJamDirect Link to This Post
PM sent
PFF
System Bot
trivet

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-17-2012 10:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for trivetSend a Private Message to trivetDirect Link to This Post

If you're thinking about ordering one, do yourself a favor and do it.

Great price, quick shippping, quality mirror. Easy to install and a great upgrade to any car.
fieroseblack

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-23-2012 08:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroseblackSend a Private Message to fieroseblackDirect Link to This Post
Mike,

PM sent

Mike Parker
fieroseblack

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-23-2012 02:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroseblackSend a Private Message to fieroseblackDirect Link to This Post

fieroseblack

1047 posts
Member since Apr 2002
Received mine today! Great shape can't wait to install.

Thanks
Mike Parker
Randy93552

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-25-2012 12:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Randy93552Send a Private Message to Randy93552Direct Link to This Post
I would love one of these. Home link if available, but without is ok too.

Please let me know if you have any.
cptsnoopy

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 60
Rate this member

Report this Post05-25-2012 09:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cptsnoopySend a Private Message to cptsnoopyDirect Link to This Post
Received my mirror a couple of days ago. It looks great. Thank you Mike!

Is there a known good place to mount the temp sensor?

Charlie
My87gt

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-26-2012 12:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for My87gtClick Here to visit My87gt's HomePageSend a Private Message to My87gtDirect Link to This Post
OK I just read this entire topic and unless I missed it is there a part number for the temp sensor I should be using. I would like to add that to my mirror setup...

OH and THANK YOU MIKE!!!! very happy with this!
Mike OHIO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-29-2012 06:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mike OHIOSend a Private Message to Mike OHIODirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by cptsnoopy:

Received my mirror a couple of days ago. It looks great. Thank you Mike!

Is there a known good place to mount the temp sensor?

Charlie

GM mounted the temp sensors on the core supports originally. I have mine setup to read inside cabin temp.

Originally posted by My87gt:
OK I just read this entire topic and unless I missed it is there a part number for the temp sensor I should be using. I would like to add that to my mirror setup...

OH and THANK YOU MIKE!!!! very happy with this!

Your mirror has to be setup with the temp function. Your specific model was a self dim and compass only.

Mike OHIO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-29-2012 06:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mike OHIOSend a Private Message to Mike OHIODirect Link to This Post

Mike OHIO

1089 posts
Member since Jul 2005
I have 9 of these that came in today-self dim with compass- $30 shipped to anywhere in the lower 48 US

If you are wanting a self dim ONLY mirror, let me know (no compass or temp).

[This message has been edited by Mike OHIO (edited 05-30-2012).]

tesmith66

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 135
Rate this member

Report this Post05-30-2012 06:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tesmith66Send a Private Message to tesmith66Direct Link to This Post
Is that compass/temp or compass only?

Would like a compass/temp unit if you have any more.

------------------
1986 SE Aero coupe. 3.4 DOHC swap is underway!

Mike OHIO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-30-2012 05:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mike OHIOSend a Private Message to Mike OHIODirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by tesmith66:

Is that compass/temp or compass only?

Would like a compass/temp unit if you have any more.

Sorry I didnt specify- they are self dim with compass only. compass/temp inventory is hit or miss these days.

PFF
System Bot
FieroJam

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-31-2012 08:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroJamSend a Private Message to FieroJamDirect Link to This Post

I have 9 of these that came in today-self dim with compass- $30 shipped to anywhere in the lower 48 US

And that would be the style I was wanting, You have a PM.

fieroseblack

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-31-2012 06:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroseblackSend a Private Message to fieroseblackDirect Link to This Post
Mike Ohio,
I got a compass / Temp w/sender from you, very happy by the way. Just a thought, do you know, in regards to the temp sensor pins #6 and #7, if there was a way to hook up a toggle switch so you could have two sensors? That way you could read outside and inside temps with a flip of the switch. Like I said just a thought!

Mike Parker
Mike OHIO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-31-2012 08:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mike OHIOSend a Private Message to Mike OHIODirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fieroseblack:

Mike Ohio,
I got a compass / Temp w/sender from you, very happy by the way. Just a thought, do you know, in regards to the temp sensor pins #6 and #7, if there was a way to hook up a toggle switch so you could have two sensors? That way you could read outside and inside temps with a flip of the switch. Like I said just a thought!

Mike Parker

That's an interesting idea that I do not have an answer for! It may work with a DPDT toggle- double pole double throw- both wires from each sensor would need to toggle to the mirror wires.

Mike OHIO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-01-2012 05:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mike OHIOSend a Private Message to Mike OHIODirect Link to This Post

Down to 7 of this style remaining. Plus I have 1 OnStar self dim + compass and 1 switch style self dim + compass for $20 shipped (pics in first post).

Will sell 2 for $50 shipped.

Mike OHIO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-09-2012 12:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mike OHIOSend a Private Message to Mike OHIODirect Link to This Post
Have about 5 of the above self dim with compass remaining.
Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post06-09-2012 07:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarDirect Link to This Post
I found the documentation for the homelink/compass mirror that I had in my Challenger. Unfortunately, it doesn't give pinouts. Just wire colors.

That's an interesting idea that I do not have an answer for! It may work with a DPDT toggle- double pole double throw- both wires from each sensor would need to toggle to the mirror wires.

The DPDT should work. just run the mirror wires to the center lugs, and the sensor wires to the outside lugs.
The temp sensors just provide a varying resistance, based on the temp.

I might have to rig mine up this way. Good idea!
fieroseblack

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-10-2012 09:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroseblackSend a Private Message to fieroseblackDirect Link to This Post
I thought that would be cool to be able to get both the inside and the outside temps. There are other applications as well. You could put a sensor in the engine compartment and check that temp as well. Do you have a GM part number for the sensor / pigtail? Or maybe the year and make of the vehicle that my mirror / compass / temp came out of. I should be able to get a part number if I have the application.

I even saw a double pole 4 throw toggle where you could put multiple sensors around.

Thanks
Mike Parker
FieroGTguy

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 101
Rate this member

Report this Post06-11-2012 01:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroGTguyClick Here to visit FieroGTguy's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroGTguyDirect Link to This Post
Would you sell b) and d) for $35 shipped to zip 46060?

PM me if interested,
Greg

------------------

fieroseblack

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-11-2012 02:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroseblackSend a Private Message to fieroseblackDirect Link to This Post
Hey,
If anyone is interested in new senders and/or pigtails for mirror / compass / temp, located at "Rock Auto."

Ambient Air Temperature Sensor / Pigtail
Sender: # 25775833 @ $3.26
Pigtail: # PT248 @ $16.57

Plus shipping, #25775833 is a direct replacement for 15035786 and is a cost saver as used in several GM models.

Thanks Mike O. for bringing these to us.

Mike Parker
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock