Started on: 09-01-2011 06:26 PM
Replies: 77
Last post by: CheshireGrin on 07-27-2012 03:13 PM
whodeanie

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 120
Rate this member

Report this Post09-27-2011 07:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieDirect Link to This Post
here is a set we just did that will be going out today. we just got 6 sets of springs in and we are just waiting on the rest of the sleves to get here.
D.

IP: Logged
whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-28-2011 07:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieDirect Link to This Post
2 have sold, still have 4 more sets. let me know if you would like them.
D.
86FIFI

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-29-2011 05:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86FIFISend a Private Message to 86FIFIDirect Link to This Post
You have all seen these before, but I just want to post a pic myself. I am very satisfied with the job done on my KYB's. Thanks Dean maybe I will be able to make a trip up there soon.

------------------
Matt

2002 5.4 Ford F-150 SuperCrew
1986 2.8 Pontiac Fiero 4-Speed

Build Thread
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum2/HTML/111183.html

lildevil

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 56
Rate this member

Report this Post09-29-2011 07:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for lildevilClick Here to visit lildevil's HomePageSend a Private Message to lildevilDirect Link to This Post
am i one of those sets that are sold?
86FIFI

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-29-2011 08:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86FIFISend a Private Message to 86FIFIDirect Link to This Post
Everything needed for immediate install was already on the strut. I reused the plate at on the top of the old strut, but that was it. Really dresses up the wheel well.
whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-30-2011 08:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieDirect Link to This Post
they look great, I am glad you like them.
I am just waiting on the sleves to come in for the next sets once they do I will PM those that want them
lildevil, I got you.
D.

[This message has been edited by whodeanie (edited 09-30-2011).]

whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-04-2011 01:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieDirect Link to This Post
Ok, all
we have 4 coilover kits ready to go now instock.
Pm me if you want them.
the kit again is 280 + shipping or we can install them on new struts for you here the cost would depend on what struts you would like.
we can do Monroe, KYB or even Koni
D.
whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-25-2011 12:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieDirect Link to This Post
2 sets left. get them while the last.
we also have top hats for this conversion for sale 60 a set.
D.
rjblaze

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-25-2011 04:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rjblazeSend a Private Message to rjblazeDirect Link to This Post
Since I already have coil-overs made for my car, is it possible to get the top plate and the (red poly) cushion/centering spacer from you? Is that top plate just a new factory-style bearing plate or is it a completely new design? If for sale, what would be the cost of the plate and poly cushion/centering spacer.

Thanks

BTW, I see the difference for the '88 cradle swap was removed......you are now listing '84-'88 without the swap difference.
whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-26-2011 07:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieDirect Link to This Post
the hats we have are the ones pictured in this thread that we build the kits with.
the polly bushings we can get but cos a few bucks more. I will look them up and post the price.
D.
lildevil

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-31-2011 09:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for lildevilClick Here to visit lildevil's HomePageSend a Private Message to lildevilDirect Link to This Post
i assembled and installed mine today...but not sure if i did it right. to top nut and washer sticks up out of the shock tower about 1/4 inch higher then before, throwing the engine vent mounts out of wack. Can you take a blow up pick of the shock showing what order everything gets assembled and what is used from the old setup.
PFF
System Bot
lildevil

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-01-2011 08:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for lildevilClick Here to visit lildevil's HomePageSend a Private Message to lildevilDirect Link to This Post
bump
Greenmeansgo

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-01-2011 10:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GreenmeansgoSend a Private Message to GreenmeansgoDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by whodeanie:

the hats we have are the ones pictured in this thread that we build the kits with.
the polly bushings we can get but cos a few bucks more. I will look them up and post the price.
D.

Count me in for a set of poly bushings and top hats as well, Ive already bought everything else you sell lol
Steel

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-02-2011 12:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SteelSend a Private Message to SteelDirect Link to This Post
If I ever get the alt bracket I ordered.. I'd like to get a set of these.

Would it be okay if I sent you a new set of Koni's to be modified?
whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-02-2011 06:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Steel:

If I ever get the alt bracket I ordered.. I'd like to get a set of these.

Would it be okay if I sent you a new set of Koni's to be modified?

the alt. bracket you ordered got returned to us due to a mistake on the address but got resent USPS on monday

yes you can send me the struts and we will put them together and send them back out to you.
whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-02-2011 06:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieDirect Link to This Post

whodeanie

3819 posts
Member since Jan 2008

Originally posted by lildevil:

i assembled and installed mine today...but not sure if i did it right. to top nut and washer sticks up out of the shock tower about 1/4 inch higher then before, throwing the engine vent mounts out of wack. Can you take a blow up pick of the shock showing what order everything gets assembled and what is used from the old setup.

did you use the 2 washers the strut came with? this is the order that we put them together with on the top hat.

washer, bushing, hat, bushing, washer, nut. also included in the kit are extra washers to adjust the hat up or down on the 5/16 bolts.
I hope this helps. we do not include the strut washers because most strut come with new ones already but I have found some do not but you can get them anywhere.
D.
lildevil

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-02-2011 07:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for lildevilClick Here to visit lildevil's HomePageSend a Private Message to lildevilDirect Link to This Post
sounds like i assembled them right. The extra washers you are talking about are the small 1/16th of a inch thick washers? There were four on each hat. Thought they went on top of the stock oval washers. But they aren't thick enough anyway. I will have to put some thicker washers on there but was worried that it would focus the weight of the car on three points on the shock tower instead of distributing the weight evenly.
docholliday

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-03-2011 11:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for dochollidaySend a Private Message to dochollidayDirect Link to This Post
I'm on the fence about ordering a pair, but if the springs were RED, I'd be all over it.

------------------
Mike in Indy
RED '88 GT

[This message has been edited by docholliday (edited 11-03-2011).]

achbaby

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-03-2011 09:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for achbabySend a Private Message to achbabyDirect Link to This Post
I agree they would look sweet red
lildevil

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-03-2011 09:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for lildevilClick Here to visit lildevil's HomePageSend a Private Message to lildevilDirect Link to This Post
3 dollar rattle can of red paint will make em red
achbaby

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-03-2011 09:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for achbabySend a Private Message to achbabyDirect Link to This Post
If i go this route i might purchase them and get them powdercoated red and then send them back along with struts. The powdercoat will remain nice over the years
PFF
System Bot
weloveour86se

Feedback score:    (115)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 75
Rate this member

Report this Post11-11-2011 04:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for weloveour86seSend a Private Message to weloveour86seDirect Link to This Post
PM sent
whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-06-2011 04:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieDirect Link to This Post
we now have just the top hats needed to do coilovers for sale 50.00 for the set
D.

PF Flyer

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-12-2011 09:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PF FlyerSend a Private Message to PF FlyerDirect Link to This Post
no more?
rjblaze

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-20-2011 09:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rjblazeSend a Private Message to rjblazeDirect Link to This Post
Can you still get the top poly spring seat/bushing (whatever it is called)?
Axmann

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-21-2011 07:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AxmannSend a Private Message to AxmannDirect Link to This Post
Is this just rears? Do you have a front kit as well? If so how much? Thanks
fierogt27

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-02-2012 10:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogt27Send a Private Message to fierogt27Direct Link to This Post
Pm sent a couple days ago, just wondering if you are still making these?
whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-03-2012 07:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieDirect Link to This Post
I am out of stock at the moment with more on order. I do still have the top hats but not the rest.
the setup is for the rear only, we do not have a setup for the front.
D.
fierogt27

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-04-2012 03:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogt27Send a Private Message to fierogt27Direct Link to This Post
Whats the ETA on when you will recieve the parts? I was looking to go with 350 springs since where I live he roads are pretty much brand new and dont have to worry about too rough of a ride. Does anyone know what the spring rate of the eibach 1" drop rear lowering springs are? cause I would like them a little stiffer than that.
fierogt27

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-18-2012 01:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogt27Send a Private Message to fierogt27Direct Link to This Post
Bump, just wondering if these are still being made.
weloveour86se

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-28-2012 06:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for weloveour86seSend a Private Message to weloveour86seDirect Link to This Post
Few question about these coilovers

How much adjustment is there in ride height. How much lower then stock ride height will they go? Would using the 10" springs give better lowering results?

Can you please post up when you've got some more ready to go? I'm in the air still weather to go with Eibachs lowering springs or coilovers. I like the extra space gained with coilovers tho. My 17's rub on the spring perches. Would the Eibachs work with your spring perches and top hats?

Whodeanie HELP ME!!

P.s. Have paypal and I'm not afraid to use it!
PFF
System Bot
weloveour86se

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-08-2012 10:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for weloveour86seSend a Private Message to weloveour86seDirect Link to This Post
Bummmmmp! Dean still doing these? Cant get a reply from anyone... Anyone know how to get ahold of him? I need a set of these!
infinitewill

Feedback score:    (55)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post02-08-2012 11:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for infinitewillSend a Private Message to infinitewillDirect Link to This Post
I won't speak for Dean, but I am almost positive they are all gone. I was at his shop last week and he has been buried on projects, trying to get cars ready for Daytona.

Dr. W.

------------------
Is your Fastback GT's trunk seal shot? My Gen III replacement GT trunk seals with solid molded corners are now in production. $95 + $15 flat rate shipping to the US (contact me for international shipping rates) or buy two and pay only a single shipping rate! More info can be found here GT Trunk Seal Project

weloveour86se

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-08-2012 11:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for weloveour86seSend a Private Message to weloveour86seDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by infinitewill:

I won't speak for Dean, but I am almost positive they are all gone. I was at his shop last week and he has been buried on projects, trying to get cars ready for Daytona.

Dr. W.

Sigh... Thanks for the heads up.

fieroall

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-08-2012 12:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroallSend a Private Message to fieroallDirect Link to This Post
PM'd.
fierogt27

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-10-2012 09:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogt27Send a Private Message to fierogt27Direct Link to This Post
you can get them from west shore for the same price
fierosound

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 286
Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2012 03:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierosoundClick Here to visit fierosound's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierosoundDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierogt27:

you can get them from west shore for the same price

Got a website for them?

Or do you mean West Coast Fieros?
http://www.westcoastfiero.c...nsion/coilovers.html

------------------
My World of Wheels Winners (Click on links below)

3.4L Supercharged 87 GT and Super Duty 4 Indy #163

CheshireGrin

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2012 03:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CheshireGrinSend a Private Message to CheshireGrinDirect Link to This Post
Also hoping these make a reappearance at some time.
Thanks
Ryan
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock