Shifter Surround Cover by Russ88TTop
Started on: 07-28-2011 09:54 PM
Replies: 76
Last post by: deloreanant on 11-21-2012 04:23 AM
Russ88TTop

Feedback score:    (71)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-21-2011 10:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Russ88TTopClick Here to visit Russ88TTop's HomePageSend a Private Message to Russ88TTopDirect Link to This Post
On the drawing board and partially done, have to catch up on orders first
Thanks for asking
Just realized I own page, previous page asked about the rear console being recovered
Russ

------------------

[This message has been edited by Russ88TTop (edited 11-21-2011).]

IP: Logged
87GT2M6

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-23-2011 10:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87GT2M6Send a Private Message to 87GT2M6Direct Link to This Post
redraif

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-06-2011 02:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for redraifSend a Private Message to redraifDirect Link to This Post
Ok I saw your arm rest thread today and now I found this. Oh dear lord I'm going to go broke.

So for the havc and shifter surround... You have to cover ours? (or ship covered one and we ship our back as core...) correct?

Looks like a trip to the bone yard for some donor parts are in order... (got to keep the indy stuff in stock shape)

------------------
Rescued & resuscitated 1984 Indy Fiero SE Pace Car Replica #770 presently reversibly modified!
SE: Stormtrooper Edition

Everything is the Previous owners fault

JohnWPB

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post12-06-2011 03:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBDirect Link to This Post
Russ.... STOP IT! ! ! ! ! !

You have my arm rests there to be recovered, you are doing a Automatic Shifter boot, you are making me a E-Brake boot.... Then I see this! You are gonna make me go broke! I have to agree with Will as well. If you could do the rear armrest portion of the console, that would be amazing!

I was just thinking, you are doing for the Fiero, what GM did for the new Camaro! The leather / vinyl work done in the Camaro, in the same style stitching and look that you are doing!

The Un-Cropped full size image is located here:

If you can do the rear part of the console, like the Camaro is done above... wow.... just wow!

EDIT:

Something like this maybe?

[This message has been edited by JohnWPB (edited 12-06-2011).]

Russ88TTop

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-06-2011 06:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Russ88TTopClick Here to visit Russ88TTop's HomePageSend a Private Message to Russ88TTopDirect Link to This Post
Red - I do not have extras of the HVAC or Gauge panel in stock
John - Rear console is on the drawing board as soon as I'm caught up with orders
Russ

------------------

[This message has been edited by Russ88TTop (edited 12-06-2011).]

BV MotorSports

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 189
Rate this member

Report this Post12-06-2011 07:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BV MotorSportsSend a Private Message to BV MotorSportsDirect Link to This Post
WOW!!!!!!!!!!! If this was black suede or Alcantara, I'd be all over it. Please please please look into it? My local upholstery shop is going to kill me on this, I'd rather see the money go to a Fiero vendor.
Russ88TTop

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-06-2011 08:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Russ88TTopClick Here to visit Russ88TTop's HomePageSend a Private Message to Russ88TTopDirect Link to This Post
BV - Completed one in Charcoal Suede with Red stitching

Russ

------------------

JohnWPB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-06-2011 09:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBDirect Link to This Post
Wow Russ! That suede looks amazing! I just bought a couple yards of that to do my headliner in. I am going to have you do my visors in it, when you are done with my Shift boot, Arm Rests and e-Brake boot, I'll get the sun visor cores off to you

If I cut around the edge of the console surround, can you still cover it? What I mean, is the same as when doing the upper door panels. You have to cut about a 1/4 to a 1/2" of vinyl away, so when you put the new leather / vinyl on the panel, it fits under that metal lip by the window. I would like to do the same to the surround, so that the plastic shifter surround / bezel would sit down flush, and not raised up the thickness of the original vinyl, and the additional covering. Or would it not work, due the the connected stitched corners? I hope you get what I am trying to say haha!

[This message has been edited by JohnWPB (edited 12-06-2011).]

BV MotorSports

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 189
Rate this member

Report this Post12-06-2011 11:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BV MotorSportsSend a Private Message to BV MotorSportsDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Russ88TTop:

BV - Completed one in Charcoal Suede with Red stitching

Russ

Oh its on now! We need to chat! PM me your number. I have lots I need done that way, including the steering wheel. Is it possible to make the wheel thicker when you recover it? They just feel so thin compared to modern cars.
Russ88TTop

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-07-2011 11:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Russ88TTopClick Here to visit Russ88TTop's HomePageSend a Private Message to Russ88TTopDirect Link to This Post
BV - PM sent
Russ

------------------

87GT2M6

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-19-2011 06:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87GT2M6Send a Private Message to 87GT2M6Direct Link to This Post
Bump to the top for Christmas
PFF
System Bot
JohnWPB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-19-2011 09:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBDirect Link to This Post
Russ... any comments on my post a few posts back? Just wondering if this could be done. This way the plastic plastic would sit down flush in the surround, like it does from the factory.

87GT2M6

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-10-2012 03:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87GT2M6Send a Private Message to 87GT2M6Direct Link to This Post
TTT
redraif

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2012 01:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for redraifSend a Private Message to redraifDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by JohnWPB:

Wow Russ! That suede looks amazing! I just bought a couple yards of that to do my headliner in. I am going to have you do my visors in it, when you are done with my Shift boot, Arm Rests and e-Brake boot, I'll get the sun visor cores off to you

If I cut around the edge of the console surround, can you still cover it? What I mean, is the same as when doing the upper door panels. You have to cut about a 1/4 to a 1/2" of vinyl away, so when you put the new leather / vinyl on the panel, it fits under that metal lip by the window. I would like to do the same to the surround, so that the plastic shifter surround / bezel would sit down flush, and not raised up the thickness of the original vinyl, and the additional covering. Or would it not work, due the the connected stitched corners? I hope you get what I am trying to say haha!

John. Did you want to trim the console so it wouldn't be pushed up on the rear edges like this one does? If so... I'm curious about this too. I have pieces finally just deciding on color

[This message has been edited by redraif (edited 02-11-2012).]

87GT2M6

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-24-2012 01:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87GT2M6Send a Private Message to 87GT2M6Direct Link to This Post
TTT
87GT2M6

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-29-2012 01:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 87GT2M6Send a Private Message to 87GT2M6Direct Link to This Post
For all you new folk, don't miss out on great products from russ88ttop

Russ88TTop

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-23-2012 08:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Russ88TTopClick Here to visit Russ88TTop's HomePageSend a Private Message to Russ88TTopDirect Link to This Post
Just finished these and shipped out to FL.
Have to thank Ron ( Fierosmigla ) for his patience, as these are his parts and have been in my shop on the drawing board for several months

Russ

------------------

indygrandprix

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-23-2012 09:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for indygrandprixSend a Private Message to indygrandprixDirect Link to This Post
Is the HVAC surrounding less if I don't have the Gauges on top or is it still 85. Looks amazing
Russ88TTop

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-22-2012 08:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Russ88TTopClick Here to visit Russ88TTop's HomePageSend a Private Message to Russ88TTopDirect Link to This Post
These went outlast week - Shifter surround and HVAC in Charcoal C/F material

Russ

------------------

coady

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-22-2012 10:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for coadySend a Private Message to coadyDirect Link to This Post
Hey Russ thats my stuff right!!!! as soon as i get it ill send pics to show off all the stuff.
and now i see you have more things for me to buy!!!
love it but your killin my wallet lol
keep up the great work and cool ideas
canfirst

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-23-2012 12:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for canfirstSend a Private Message to canfirstDirect Link to This Post
Hi Russ,
Terrific and innovative Fiero upholstery work as usual!
Just curious, I noticed the photo of your passenger seat bolster has a bezel with buttons. Is this for the power lumbar, heat, and seat adjuster? I thought that option was only available for the drivers seat, how did you manage to install it on the passenger seat? Are the seats OEM Fiero or other Pontiac model seats?
Thanks!
PFF
System Bot
Russ88TTop

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-23-2012 11:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Russ88TTopClick Here to visit Russ88TTop's HomePageSend a Private Message to Russ88TTopDirect Link to This Post
John - thanks for the kind words, the seats are Corvette seats from a '94. The buttons are for the lumbar in the backrest. They are VERY comfortable

Russ

------------------

deloreanant

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-02-2012 03:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for deloreanantSend a Private Message to deloreanantDirect Link to This Post

Have to thank Ron ( Fierosmigla ) for his patience, as these are his parts and have been in my shop on the drawing board for several months

Russ

Russ,
How can I get mine?

[This message has been edited by deloreanant (edited 11-02-2012).]

mptighe

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 122
Rate this member

Report this Post11-02-2012 04:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mptigheSend a Private Message to mptigheDirect Link to This Post
Russ,

PM sent

Michael
coady

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-02-2012 04:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for coadySend a Private Message to coadyDirect Link to This Post

Russ

Hey Russ
can i get you to send me some prices on these as well. I think it is only right that I have an all Russ original. lol
coady
aka biggest fan
infinitewill

Feedback score:    (55)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post11-02-2012 05:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for infinitewillSend a Private Message to infinitewillDirect Link to This Post

Russ

Russ,

This is exactly what I had in mind when we discussed this a while back. I am still on the lookout for a decent center console core to send you as mine is quite warped. Can you match the black leather you did on my shifter surround?

Dr. W.

------------------
Is your Fastback GT's trunk seal shot? My Gen III replacement GT trunk seals with solid molded corners are now in production. $95 + $15 flat rate shipping to the US (contact me for international shipping rates) or buy two and pay only a single shipping rate! More info can be found here GT Trunk Seal Project

[This message has been edited by infinitewill (edited 11-02-2012).]

Russ88TTop

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-04-2012 07:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Russ88TTopClick Here to visit Russ88TTop's HomePageSend a Private Message to Russ88TTopDirect Link to This Post
Jordan - just let me know what you want, but I don't have any spare rear consoles
Michael - PM replied to
Dwayne - received your email and working on it
Will - I'll check on the leather to see if I have enough

Russ

coady

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2012 04:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for coadySend a Private Message to coadyDirect Link to This Post
Russ pm sent
kevin

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2012 09:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kevinSend a Private Message to kevinDirect Link to This Post
Wonderful work!

My thought: Can you 'drop' the plastic surround down about an 1/8 inch so that one would a small lip all around the circumference? Let me [us] know. I'm in.....

Cordially,
kevin
Russ88TTop

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2012 10:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Russ88TTopClick Here to visit Russ88TTop's HomePageSend a Private Message to Russ88TTopDirect Link to This Post
Kevin - not sure what you are refering to by "drop plastic down 1/8". On the shifter surround I have started cutting out the lip under the plastic shifter plate to have it sit lower and be more flush

Russ

------------------

coady

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2012 07:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for coadySend a Private Message to coadyDirect Link to This Post
Russ
pm sent concerning shifter boot
thanks
PFF
System Bot
87GT2M6

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-07-2012 12:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 87GT2M6Send a Private Message to 87GT2M6Direct Link to This Post
TTT
kevin

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-07-2012 04:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kevinSend a Private Message to kevinDirect Link to This Post

Kevin - not sure what you are refering to by "drop plastic down 1/8". On the shifter surround I have started cutting out the lip under the plastic shifter plate to have it sit lower and be more flush

Russ

Mmmm.

I suppose the best way to explain it Russ, is to suggest building your shifter peice so that it is NOT sitting {lazily?} atop the surround. Rather. build it so that the plastic surround sits slightly recessed (below the flush point, where it is now about an 1/8 of an inch). I believe your excellent workmanship will be given extra kudos

Thanks,
kevin

[This message has been edited by kevin (edited 11-08-2012).]

Russ88TTop

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-08-2012 08:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Russ88TTopClick Here to visit Russ88TTop's HomePageSend a Private Message to Russ88TTopDirect Link to This Post
Kevin - that's why I'm cutting out the material ( abs ) under the shifter plate

Russ

------------------

87GT2M6

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-14-2012 03:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 87GT2M6Send a Private Message to 87GT2M6Direct Link to This Post
Bump for great products
87GT2M6

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2012 03:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87GT2M6Send a Private Message to 87GT2M6Direct Link to This Post

[This message has been edited by 87GT2M6 (edited 11-19-2012).]

deloreanant

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-21-2012 04:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for deloreanantSend a Private Message to deloreanantDirect Link to This Post
Russ,

You should have a PM from me.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock