Started on: 09-20-2010 09:51 PM
Replies: 80
Last post by: carbonfiber_kid on 07-01-2012 09:06 PM
johnyrottin

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post01-02-2012 07:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinDirect Link to This Post
(page two ownage!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

I don't know how the heck this thing is still sitting around Bruce!

PS: Give me a call.

[This message has been edited by johnyrottin (edited 01-02-2012).]

IP: Logged
ninjabruce

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-02-2012 09:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ninjabruceSend a Private Message to ninjabruceDirect Link to This Post
Thanks all for the compliments. Here's to hoping "the Homewrecker" finds a new home in 2012. She deserves to do something more than just sit in a garage and look pretty.

------------------
1986 SE 383 SBC w/ 5spd
aka "Homewrecker"

[This message has been edited by ninjabruce (edited 02-11-2012).]

ninjabruce

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-08-2012 12:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ninjabruceSend a Private Message to ninjabruceDirect Link to This Post
Bump for the weekend.
jackcastro

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-08-2012 01:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jackcastroSend a Private Message to jackcastroDirect Link to This Post
A good gauge for the current market would be to list it on ebay with a high reserve and see how high it gets. Most people out there are gearing towards the 3800 conversions now, which makes it a a better daily driver and not just a show car. The economy does not help, and the outlook for gasoline prices is very bad. Your car is absolutely beautiful but not a daily driver, which is a problem in the Fiero community. I sold a V8 Fiero show car, and ended up getting 50% of my investment, not counting endless hours of work. As you go higher in price, people have other interesting options that compete with our cars, and that is a real problem. I learned long ago that Fieros are a hobby, not an investment, at least not anytime soon. You have an awsome car.

Good luck with the sale.
ninjabruce

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-10-2012 10:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ninjabruceSend a Private Message to ninjabruceDirect Link to This Post
@Jack-
I had it on Ebay a few times and it never reached my reserve price.... I don't need to sell the Fiero for financial reasons, so I am reluctant to let it go for pennies on the dollar, which is probably why it has been for sale for over a year and a half. I also agree that many folks are into the S/C 3800 swaps now, especially for the "daily" drivability, but for someone, somewhere, this is going to be a great deal, especially for someone who has been interested in a V-8 Archie swaped Fiero. I have had my fair share of Fiero's over the past 16 years (2.8 V-6 and 3800NA), and I stumbled across this Fiero 4 years ago, and purchased it from a fellow PFF member because I had always "wanted" a V-8 Fiero. Sadly though, it is rarely driven anymore, and my family priorities have taken precedence over my car hobbies and I no longer have a need / desire for a fun weekend "show car" at this time.
------------------
1986 SE 383 SBC w/ 5spd
aka "Homewrecker"

[This message has been edited by ninjabruce (edited 02-11-2012).]

ninjabruce

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-10-2012 10:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ninjabruceSend a Private Message to ninjabruceDirect Link to This Post

ninjabruce

107 posts
Member since Oct 2003
PM's replied to....sorry for the delayed response over the weekend, just now getting some free time to get back with people !!

------------------
1986 SE 383 SBC w/ 5spd
aka "Homewrecker"

ninjabruce

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2012 07:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ninjabruceSend a Private Message to ninjabruceDirect Link to This Post
Bump for Feb....
------------------
1986 SE 383 SBC w/ 5spd
aka "Homewrecker"

[This message has been edited by ninjabruce (edited 02-02-2012).]

ninjabruce

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-01-2012 02:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ninjabruceSend a Private Message to ninjabruceDirect Link to This Post
BUMP for tax season and accepting offers. I am looking to sell my Fiero ASAP as I have just received orders for an overseas tour and the Fiero will not be going with me. I only put 150 miles on her last year so I have removed the tags and insurance and have her stored in my garage currently. If she doesn't sell she will be going into long term storage until my return. I would hate to have her sit and be unused for such a long time. Someone please take her to a new home so she can be driven and enjoyed.

Thanks for looking !!

[This message has been edited by ninjabruce (edited 04-11-2012).]

Pete Matos

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-01-2012 03:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Pete MatosSend a Private Message to Pete MatosDirect Link to This Post
Bruce,
Good lord that is a beautiful car man... the only thing I would change is the yellow on the instrument panel, looks a bit loud for me but other than that it is about PERFECT!! Good luck with the sale, I am actually looking for a car like that but unfortunately I do not have anywhere near $8k to spend on it so I will just have to build my own...peace

Pete

yellow fever

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-01-2012 07:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for yellow feverSend a Private Message to yellow feverDirect Link to This Post
Wow its been a long time since I have seen that car. Still looks awesome. I remember building that hood. Me and Mike spent a little time getting them rockers to fit perfect before I painted them and the doors and the hood for him. And you are very correct on the color, next to my yellow car that car is orange.Very nice car, good luck with sell. Somebodys getting a nice car.
jackcastro

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-01-2012 08:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jackcastroSend a Private Message to jackcastroDirect Link to This Post
You have a PM
PFF
System Bot
ninjabruce

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-01-2012 09:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ninjabruceSend a Private Message to ninjabruceDirect Link to This Post
Pete- Thanks for the compliments !!

Yellow Fever- Thanks for the compliments and thanks for helping Mike with the original body work and paint...she has been a real looker...defin one of the more unique colors I have had the pleasure of owning...I get compliments all the time.

Jack- PM replied

[This message has been edited by ninjabruce (edited 03-01-2012).]

ninjabruce

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-03-2012 01:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ninjabruceSend a Private Message to ninjabruceDirect Link to This Post
Bump for the weekend crowd
ninjabruce

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-09-2012 10:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ninjabruceSend a Private Message to ninjabruceDirect Link to This Post
Bump for the weekend and accepting offers. Thanks for looking!
ninjabruce

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-30-2012 05:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ninjabruceSend a Private Message to ninjabruceDirect Link to This Post
Bump for the month of April. PM or email if interested.

[This message has been edited by ninjabruce (edited 04-11-2012).]

ninjabruce

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2012 09:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ninjabruceSend a Private Message to ninjabruceDirect Link to This Post
Recently installed 383 cubic inch Small Block Chevy V-8 powered 1986 Pontiac Fiero SE w/Holley Heads, Holley Dominator Intake, and Edelbrock Carb, 280H High Lift Cam, Eagle Rods and Crank, Internally Balanced Rotating Assembly, Sanderson Headers, Petronix "FlameThrower" Ignition, electric water pump, Spectre CAI, Getrag 5spd (cryo treated), Centerforce Clutch, Eibach Lowering Springs, sway bars, strut brace, KYB shocks and struts w/ full poly kit, 4 wheel disc brakes with cross drilled rotors, 17" Konig Wheels and Nitto Tires, Custom yellow and gray leather interior, digital gauges, GM performance sound with subwoofer, custom vented hood, Archie rocker panels and custom "School Bus Yellow" paint. V-8 was installed using a V-8 Archie Master Kit originally installed by V-8 Archie's shop (receipts from this install were over $12k) . I am the 2nd owner since the original install. The current 383c/i V-8 engine was built and installed by HP Performance in Jacksonville, FL and has less than 750 miles on it since rebuild in 2009 (can provide receipts over $8k) and the vehicle itself has ~118,500 total miles. It runs great, sounds awesome (headers and cats, no mufflers) and gets comments and looks whenever I drive it. It is the true definition of a hot-rod, unfortunately it spends most of its time sitting in the garage because family time and family priorities have taken precedence lately. I will provide all additional parts I have for the vehicle to include a used Barry Grant Demon 650 Carb, car cover, car bra, new Tang Band subwoofer, a binder documenting the majority of the receipts and information on the engine swap and other aftermarket parts and a few other odds and ends. New battery, spark plugs, wires, and steering column recently installed less than 12 months ago.

It has been a great car, and I have invested significantly more than my selling price. I have receipts documenting well over $26k invested in this car. You may find less expensive V-8 swapped Fiero's, but you will not find one this nice at or near the same price point. It would easily cost twice as much as my asking price to build a Fiero this nice from scratch. That being said, this Fiero is not a trailer queen and does have normal wear and tear associated with being driven, but is in overall "excellent" condition considering its vintage. She has always been garaged under my ownership and only driven as an occasional "fun/weekend" car. I would never hesitate to clean her up and take her to the local car shows after a good detailing. The majority of the parts have either been upgraded, rebuilt or replaced over the past 8 years and she has only accumulated 2000 miles since FEB 2007 and ~750 miles since the engine rebuild in 2009. If anything she has become a "garage queen" the past few years.

If I was driving her more and planning on showing her regularly I would fix a few minor things to make her perfect. The window dew wipes have recently become brittle and should be replaced and the fuel gauge is inaccurate (both are very common Fiero problems). The Nitto rear tires probably have <7k miles tread left on them and the drivers rear wheel has some minor rash on it. The paint is in overall excellent condition but the front and rear fascias do have some minor stress fractures (spider cracks), chips, and other small defects from being road driven. The majority of these very minor flaws would never be noticed by the casual observer, but I need to mention them to sleep soundly at night. Last but not least this V-8 swapped Fiero does not have air conditioning as a result of the V-8 install.

Ultimately, the pictures and description speak for themselves. It is a very clean and powerful Fiero, probably one of the nicest I have owned or seen short of a full rebuild and restoration. With the small block V-8 rumble and clean and tasteful modifications she is the perfect hot-rod. I am already having "sellers remorse" for listing it for sale, but I cannot rationalize keeping a two seat car that has only accumulated an average of 500 annual miles over the past 4 years. Unfortunately, I just received my orders to transfer outside of the US with the military and I will be leaving in SEPT and I can't take the Fiero with me. Asking $6500.

I have a clean title in hand and I can provide additional pictures and information upon request.

Potential buyers are welcome to have the car inspected locally (at their expense) or arrange a viewing themselves. This is a custom vehicle and as such is not offered with any warranty implied or expressed and is being sold in "AS-IS" condition.

PM or email me directly at ninjabruce at aol dot com to make an offer...who knows I might say yes !!
THANKS FOR LOOKING !! ONLY $6500...

[This message has been edited by ninjabruce (edited 05-26-2012).]

Pete Matos

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2012 10:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Pete MatosSend a Private Message to Pete MatosDirect Link to This Post
Bruce,
Hey man good luck with your transfer and my family and I thank you for your service. I just picked up an 85 GT and your car will be part of my inspiration for getting it looking nice. Yours is one of the best looking notchie cars I have seen on here. I like the archie rockers on your car and most of the time I don't really but your car seems to really look good with them. Do you happen to have any high res pics of the car I can use as my wallpaper while I build my own version?? What size and offset wheels are those? As always good luck with the sale.... hehe peace

Pete

ninjabruce

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2012 10:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ninjabruceSend a Private Message to ninjabruceDirect Link to This Post
Pete,
Thanks for the compliments. PM or email me your email address and I will see if I can find some high res photos this weekend. They are on one of my other computers or external hard drives. The wheels are 17x7.5 Konig Zeige's with Nitto 450NT 215/40's on the front and 235/40's on the rear ...and if I remember correctly are either a 35 or 38 backspacing, but don't quote me on it as its been a few years.....
-Bruce
Pete Matos

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2012 11:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Pete MatosSend a Private Message to Pete MatosDirect Link to This Post
PM sent man thanks...peace

Pete

Quad GT

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-03-2012 10:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Quad GTSend a Private Message to Quad GTDirect Link to This Post
Has the car ever been dynoed? Just curious about the HP? Awesome looking car.
ninjabruce

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-03-2012 01:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ninjabruceSend a Private Message to ninjabruceDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for the compliment. It hasn't been dynoed since it was rebuilt/stroked to 383 as it has barely been broken with less than 750 miles since the rebuild......Engine builder said it would be about 400hp and 425/tq at the crank with the right tuning and it defin feels equally as strong and has more tq via my butt dyno than my previous ZZ4 350 which dynoed at 312whp. Hope this info helps.
PFF
System Bot
ninjabruce

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-06-2012 03:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ninjabruceSend a Private Message to ninjabruceDirect Link to This Post
BUMP !! $6500....I am pretty much giving the car away at this price.....Please help a fellow Fiero fan out and make a respectful offer so that I can clear the garage for my upcoming move out of the country !!
GMEFiero

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-06-2012 05:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GMEFieroSend a Private Message to GMEFieroDirect Link to This Post
I bought my Fiero for 4500. Completely stock. Its now at the shop having its engine rebuilt for about 1400. Throw in the just under 400 I spent last year on suspension work and I'm right about where your asking price is. I'm not a big fan of notchies and I've never been a V8 guy but had this been available and in my neighborhood when I was Fiero shopping I would have been all over it. In my humble opinion youre not asking enough for it. Beautiful car and best of luck with the sale.

Oh and a free bump for you sir.

[This message has been edited by GMEFiero (edited 05-06-2012).]

ninjabruce

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-06-2012 09:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ninjabruceSend a Private Message to ninjabruceDirect Link to This Post
GME,
Thanks for the compliment and bump...I also honestly think I am "not asking enough" for it as well....but the market is slow...especially for non-stock Fieros . I have had it listed for sale almost two years at many different price points with little interest. Unfortunately, I only have till Sept until I leave the country, so instead of playing the "used car salesman" game (no offense to anyone with that occupation) and asking a high price and getting talked down over a matter of months, I am just offering to sell it at a final rock bottom price. It is going to be a great deal for someone.....I honestly have more into the engine build than my asking price. I hope the price point gets a lot of interest here a hopefully a buyer sooner rather than later. If she doesn't sell before I leave she is going into storage and I will gauge the market when I get back, but I have a feeling the price will be north of my current asking price.
-Bruce

D3M6B

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-07-2012 09:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for D3M6BSend a Private Message to D3M6BDirect Link to This Post
PM sent

------------------
V/R
AG2(AW/SW) Mauk

ninjabruce

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2012 05:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ninjabruceSend a Private Message to ninjabruceDirect Link to This Post
Bump to the top.
typhoon

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-12-2012 12:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for typhoonSend a Private Message to typhoonDirect Link to This Post
..just thinking out loud here. Would you consider shiiping this car about 1200 miles?
ninjabruce

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-12-2012 01:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ninjabruceSend a Private Message to ninjabruceDirect Link to This Post
I would love to ship the Fiero anywhere (at buyers expense of course).....I had her shipped across the country from South Dakota to FL when I bought it 5 years ago. If anyone is interested in running shipping quotes, I live in Navarre, FL 32566.....
ninjabruce

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-18-2012 03:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ninjabruceSend a Private Message to ninjabruceDirect Link to This Post
Just wanted to clarify a common question I have received from a few folks....This Fiero DOES NOT have A/C as a result of the V-8 install. Apparently, it was thought that the A/C just wasn't functioning properly by numerous people and needed a repair (I must have worded the original post poorly...sorry). About 90% of the equipment required to run A/C on this vehicle is no longer installed and it came that way from V-8 Archie and the previous owner. Unfortunately, I have no idea what it would take to reinstall / retrofit the equipment and to get it in functioning order again.

Thanks again for looking !! and a bump for the weekend crowd.
MaxGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-19-2012 11:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MaxGTSend a Private Message to MaxGTDirect Link to This Post
The A/C is the big detterent for me, I live in Florida Keys and A/C is a must! My last V8 was also an Archie conversion and I had to keep changing the A/C belt because it would stretch or fall off when I ran the car hard. The belt is just too small for the torque of a V8. I remember calling Archie up and him saying, "we don't need A/C up here". LOL
ninjabruce

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-19-2012 10:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ninjabruceSend a Private Message to ninjabruceDirect Link to This Post
The whole lack of A/C issue seems to be the biggest turn off for most folks. The previous owner was from South Dakota and he mentioned not needing A/C up there either when I originally bought it from him....Honestly, everyone has a different threshold for comfort, but this car is easily bearable (in my opinion) here in the FL weather while driving about 75% of the year....its that other 25% though that you need the A/C and wished you lived in one of the northern states. So if you have yourself another daily driver, this car would be a perfect weekend / fun car 75% of the time !!

PS- How come the only folks that have expressed interest have been local guys from FL who need the A/C? Where are all the other folks who live in cooler climates? Are people afraid of shipping cars these days? I ran a basic online shipping quote to deliver 1000 miles from my residence and it ranged from $650-$750 between two different carriers...it could probably be negotiated lower with some actual research. Those prices actually seem less expensive than flying in and paying for gas / food/ hotel on the drive home for about the same distance.

[This message has been edited by ninjabruce (edited 05-19-2012).]

PFF
System Bot
ninjabruce

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-09-2012 01:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ninjabruceSend a Private Message to ninjabruceDirect Link to This Post
Bump for June....only $6500 ....best looking and least expensive V-8 Archie SBC Swap listed on PFF ....she is currently stored (covered) in the garage....I am leaving the country in SEPT on military orders and would love to sell her before then. Thanks for looking !!
Axdrenalin

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-09-2012 10:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AxdrenalinClick Here to visit Axdrenalin's HomePageSend a Private Message to AxdrenalinDirect Link to This Post
Very. Nice. Ride..... I wish I had your asking price, because this would certainly be worth it to me. I even live up here in the Tennessee mountains, where A/C is nice but not always required. Love the paint and GFX, you've done a fine job with her. As Pete mentioned above, the only thing I'd change would be to drop some of the bright colors in the interior.

Darned....I'm even headed own to FL today too..... <shakes head> This economy sucks, especially now.

Robert
ninjabruce

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-15-2012 02:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ninjabruceSend a Private Message to ninjabruceDirect Link to This Post
Robert aka Axdrenalin....Thanks for the compliment and bump for the week!!
carbonfiber_kid

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-19-2012 07:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for carbonfiber_kidSend a Private Message to carbonfiber_kidDirect Link to This Post
This looks like a beautiful car. The pictures look great and I really like the color. I think Bruce can mark it sold or at least pending. I have shipping quotes from Florida to Michigan coming in. Has anyone had an oppertunity to ride in it. It has to be a beast with a stroked ZZ4

[This message has been edited by carbonfiber_kid (edited 06-20-2012).]

ninjabruce

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-20-2012 12:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ninjabruceSend a Private Message to ninjabruceDirect Link to This Post
Sale Pending!!
BAD88GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-22-2012 11:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BAD88GTSend a Private Message to BAD88GTDirect Link to This Post
PM sent..
Pete Matos

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-23-2012 09:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Pete MatosSend a Private Message to Pete MatosDirect Link to This Post
Good luck with the sale.....this is such a damn nice car it is not even funny. One of the best notchies I have seen on the forum for sure. Gotta get mine built so I can enjoy some of that. Peace...

Pete
carbonfiber_kid

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-26-2012 11:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for carbonfiber_kidSend a Private Message to carbonfiber_kidDirect Link to This Post
getting ready for a road trip. got Friday off work
service on the truck. check
added a trailer brake controller check
borrowed friend trailer check
money for car check oops make that cash

sweet I think I am ready
see you soon Bruce
I FAR I

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2012 10:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for I FAR ISend a Private Message to I FAR IDirect Link to This Post
Nice score!
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock