Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Mall - Archive
  F/S - aftermarket gauge plate for aux. gauge pod (Page 2)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
Previous Page | Next Page
F/S - aftermarket gauge plate for aux. gauge pod by chrishahn87
Started on: 10-25-2008 09:34 PM
Replies: 52
Last post by: chrishahn87 on 05-02-2010 04:29 PM
chrishahn87

Feedback score:    (22)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-15-2009 10:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for chrishahn87Send a Private Message to chrishahn87Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by reborngt:

What price do you have in mind for the full kit? What would the stock gauges look like with a 2 hole panel? I guess the main one that I would really be interested in right away would be the sift console plate. And then if you were to continue making the panels one at a time i would purchase them separately.

I dont really know what kind of price to charge. I would assume that I would charge less than $250.00 that Fiero Store sells their kits for. I would definatly sell a quality product, but im not in the business.... just a side job for fun.

I would probably make the stock gauge overlays look as close to exactly what the stock gauge panels look like, and have all the holes like the stock face plate. It would just be an overlay that would need to be glued to the stock plate. As for what a stock gauge panel with two holes and AFTERMARKET Autometer gauges looks like:

That is a picture of a plate that I made for my own personal Fiero. Only made one, and it will take some convincing to get me to make more. Its actually not totally finished, and is not perfect. Other things have come up and I never really got a chance to finish it the right way.

As for the shift console plate... You are just looking for an "overlay", right?
Chris
IP: Logged
reborngt

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-16-2009 01:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for reborngtSend a Private Message to reborngtDirect Link to This Post
Yes just a stainless steel shift overlay. Do you have any plates for the stock center gauges? My initial question to you was how would your 2 hole panel look on stock fiero gauges?
chrishahn87

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-16-2009 05:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for chrishahn87Send a Private Message to chrishahn87Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by reborngt:

Yes just a stainless steel shift overlay. Do you have any plates for the stock center gauges? My initial question to you was how would your 2 hole panel look on stock fiero gauges?

I do not currently make any plates to cover any of the stock gauges. I misunderstood your question about the two hole plate covering gauges, for some reason I was thinking about the speedo & tach.
To answer your question about my two hole plate covering the stock gauges: It would not work well. The plates were made / designed to totally eliminate the stock gauges and stock gauge cover plate - and replace them with 2-1/16" aftermarket gauges (more reliable & accurate than the stock 20+ year old gauges).

I have never made stainless (or any material) overlays for our cars.
If there is enough interest, I could look into it. Right now is not a good time at work, as we are very busy and are not alotted much time after hours for personal work.

Chris
KurtAKX

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 128
Rate this member

Report this Post10-06-2009 03:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KurtAKXSend a Private Message to KurtAKXDirect Link to This Post
PM sent chrishahn87
chrishahn87

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-06-2009 05:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for chrishahn87Send a Private Message to chrishahn87Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by KurtAKX:

PM sent chrishahn87

Replied!

Thanks for the interest!
Chris
chrishahn87

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-07-2009 06:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for chrishahn87Send a Private Message to chrishahn87Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by KurtAKX:

PM sent chrishahn87

Got the payment this morning, and your gauge plate is in the mail.
Thank you,
Chris

I still have a bunch of 3-hole aux. gauge plates in stock and ready to go out if anyone wants one!
Comealongway

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-08-2009 02:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ComealongwaySend a Private Message to ComealongwayDirect Link to This Post
Are you still selling these? I'd like a two hole galvanized one, please provide paypal and let me know if you have them in stock or if there is a wait?
chrishahn87

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-08-2009 10:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for chrishahn87Send a Private Message to chrishahn87Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Comealongway:

Are you still selling these? I'd like a two hole galvanized one, please provide paypal and let me know if you have them in stock or if there is a wait?

I have 3 or 4 of the galvanized two hole plates
and
about a dozen of the galvanized / primered three hole plates

All are "in stock" ready to ship out immediatly!

You can send paypal to:
chrishahn87@comcast.net

If you send paypal, please put a note reminding me exactly which plate you want. And also, be sure to check your shipping address on paypal to make sure it is correct.
I will ship it out as soon as I receive pmt.
Chris
KurtAKX

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-18-2009 06:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KurtAKXSend a Private Message to KurtAKXDirect Link to This Post
I recently purchased one of these (a primered 3 hole) and I was very pleasantly impressed.

The contours are correct (the stock aux gauge pods are not perfectly rectangular and two of the corners are radiused).

This plate is a perfect fit and at the price a much better deal than spending hours making one for myself. The plate shipped very quickly, though I didn't get around to opening it until now.

I would recommend this to anyone who wants to mount aftermarket gauges. It takes all the hassle out of gauge mounting.

A+ Thanks Chris!
chrishahn87

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-21-2009 09:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for chrishahn87Send a Private Message to chrishahn87Direct Link to This Post
^^^
KurtAKX

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2009 02:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KurtAKXSend a Private Message to KurtAKXDirect Link to This Post
Chris asked for pictures of completed installs, so...
Here's some pics of my (ugly) install. Keep in mind that everything done on this car is solely for function (rallying).
I bought a trio of gauges, which don't match, but were the best gauges I could find functionally for each measurement.
1) AEM 30-4100 wideband.
-Uses the Bosch LSU 4.2 sensor
-Has a 0-5V output for datalogging
-Displays in digital and analog (LED ring) for reading at-a-glance. Innovate LC-1 only does digital.
2) Autometer Cobalt series electronic boost gauge.
-Uses GM-style MAP sensor, so I don't have to run manifold pressure into cabin.
-Quick response, stepper motor design.
-Measures vacuum as well as boost (some don't)
3) AEM 30-5131B EGT Pyrometer
-Uses standard K-type thermocouple
-Stepper motor drive, analog display for reading at-a-glance
-Auxillary output 0-5V for datalogging.

I made a plate to help me read my gauges better. There's a bit of extra material on there to mount a terminal block.

Here's what it looks like installed:

In this shot, the terminal block kinda looks like its powering the gauges, but it's really powering my rally computer. I cut a hole in the dash similar to what would have been there if the car had aux gauges from the factory, and ran power from the C200 connector's power window feed. Since my car doesn't have power windows, I now have a dedicated circuit with it's own fuse to power the instrumentation I've added.

Trying to get a couple perspective shots showing gauge pod rotation.

As you can see, I'm still working on it.

[This message has been edited by KurtAKX (edited 11-05-2009).]

PFF
System Bot
tbone42

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2010 12:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tbone42Send a Private Message to tbone42Direct Link to This Post
Digging this thread UP! You have a PM!
chrishahn87

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2010 04:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for chrishahn87Send a Private Message to chrishahn87Direct Link to This Post
replied
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock