Started on: 06-05-2008 11:14 PM
Replies: 85
Last post by: Robs Fieros on 09-17-2009 07:06 AM
blackrams

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 229
Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2008 10:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsDirect Link to This Post
OK, here's a self serving bump.

I'm currently planning a trip to Huntsville, AL in late August, or early September 08. That transport will be one Fiero headed north toward Cincinnati. The trip south to Huntsville, AL from Lexington, KY will be totally empty at this point. Anyone have anything that needs to go south, I can go 600 miles any direction from Lexington to pick it up. Let me know if interested.

Ron
IP: Logged
blackrams

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2008 11:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by blackrams:

I'm currently planning a trip to Huntsville, AL in late August, or early September 08. That transport will be one Fiero headed north toward Cincinnati. The trip south to Huntsville, AL from Lexington, KY will be totally empty at this point. Anyone have anything that needs to go south, I can go 600 miles any direction from Lexington to pick it up. Let me know if interested.

Ron

blackrams

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-11-2008 07:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsDirect Link to This Post
I was just up in Akron, OH at a classic car dealership picking up an 05 GTO with only 800 miles on it. The GTO was very nice but, the dealership had some very expensive cars. I snapped a few pics while there. I'll see if I can get one of my friends to help me post some of those pics.

Vettes, Ferraris, Prowlers, a Shelby GT 500 Mustang, 58 Chevy Impala SS that looked like it was brand new, many other special cars. It was pretty interesting. I'll post them in another thread, I hope my friend has time to post pics of the GTO, it was very sweet.

Ron

[This message has been edited by blackrams (edited 08-11-2008).]

fieroguru

Feedback score:    (45)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 258
Rate this member

Report this Post08-11-2008 05:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguruSend a Private Message to fieroguruDirect Link to This Post
Here are some pics of the GTO being loaded up:

blackrams

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-11-2008 06:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsDirect Link to This Post
Paul,
Thanks for posting those pics. Someday, I'll figure it out.

Ron
blackrams

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-13-2008 03:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsDirect Link to This Post

Ron

Ditto.

Ron
blackrams

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-21-2008 09:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsDirect Link to This Post
Hello Ladies and Gents,
We've got a holiday weekend coming up, Labor Day. Since it's a longer weekend, I'm extending my normal range a bit. If you've got a Fiero or two that need to be somewhere other than where they currently are, give me a holler. We'll see if we can work it out. Fuel prices have dropped a bit in the last few weeks, that will be reflected in any price per mile.

Ron
chane

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-21-2008 11:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for chaneSend a Private Message to chaneDirect Link to This Post
Any idea's on getting mine from Archie's yet? I still haven't arranged anything.
blackrams

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-22-2008 07:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by chane:

Any idea's on getting mine from Archie's yet? I still haven't arranged anything.

Check your PMs.

blackrams

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-23-2008 08:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsDirect Link to This Post
Bump, I know the economy is tough but, it won't get any better waiting. If you need it hauled, give me a holler.

Ron
The_Ikon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-24-2008 07:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for The_IkonClick Here to visit The_Ikon's HomePageSend a Private Message to The_IkonDirect Link to This Post
I want a Mera picked up. It's in Hawaii! What type of deal can you give me?! lol Can the Dodge float?

Hey, PM me your info. I'm an auto broker as well and would love to add your info for future service. Thanks

Ikon

------------------
85' Fiero 5spd notchback
http://f1.pg.photos.yahoo.c....&.dir=/2a9c&.src=ph

65' Karmann Ghia
http://photos.yahoo.com/the_ikon1911

Jaguar XJ8 L
Jaguar S Type R
Jeep Grand Cherokee
Ford Ranger

PFF
System Bot
blackrams

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-24-2008 07:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by The_Ikon:

I want a Mera picked up. It's in Hawaii! What type of deal can you give me?! lol Can the Dodge float?

Hey, PM me your info. I'm an auto broker as well and would love to add your info for future service. Thanks

Ikon

If you go fast enough, you don't need to float, you just skim over the top.

While I appreciate the opportunity, I prefer to go it alone. If I get a load, that's great, if not, that's OK to.
At some point in the future, I may be interested but, at this point, it's a hobby that allows me to travel where and when I want to. I make a little to support my Fiero habit. I've had several broker's contact me but, it's just not what I think is best for me.
Though I do appreciate the contact and if you come across one that you want to pass to me, I'll do the same for you.
Feel free to contact me though email anytime. Thanks.

Ron

[This message has been edited by blackrams (edited 08-24-2008).]

SATX

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-24-2008 03:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SATXSend a Private Message to SATXDirect Link to This Post
My Fiero 86 GT (Not Currently Running), I would like to have transported from Maryland to Tehachapi, CA. I am planning to have West Coast Fiero do an Engine/Trans. Swap when I return from Hawaii (U.S. Merchant Marines) in Late March. I'll be home here till Sept 14th.
blackrams

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-24-2008 08:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by SATX:

My Fiero 86 GT (Not Currently Running), I would like to have transported from Maryland to Tehachapi, CA. I am planning to have West Coast Fiero do an Engine/Trans. Swap when I return from Hawaii (U.S. Merchant Marines) in Late March. I'll be home here till Sept 14th.

SATX,
Check your PMs.

Ron

[This message has been edited by blackrams (edited 08-24-2008).]

Sphynx

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-26-2008 08:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SphynxSend a Private Message to SphynxDirect Link to This Post
Just recently returned from dropping off my Fiero in Wichita for some "improvements". Ron was very very great to work with and also is very good at making his times. I went with Ron instead of a national carrier because I wanted the security of knowing when my car would actually get picked up and dropped off. I even got the bonus of meeting his mom. I would highly recommend his work. Excellent job Ron.
blackrams

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-26-2008 11:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Sphynx:

Just recently returned from dropping off my Fiero in Wichita for some "improvements". Ron was very very great to work with and also is very good at making his times. I went with Ron instead of a national carrier because I wanted the security of knowing when my car would actually get picked up and dropped off. I even got the bonus of meeting his mom. I would highly recommend his work. Excellent job Ron.

Thanks for the kind remarks. Would happily do business again with Thomas (Sphynx) anytime. Honest and timely. But too damn quiet.
But, overall, an excellent adventure. Anyone know what happens when you get a tank of bad diesel? Let me assure those of you that don't know, it ain't no fun.

Edited: It turned out to not be a tank of bad diesel, which I thought was fouling up the fuel filter, turned out the lift pump failed from the tank which caused the injection pump to fail. Got it home but, the damage was financially significant. Part of doing what I do, expensive but that's the way things go sometimes. Truck is back in action and ready to roll.

Ron

[This message has been edited by blackrams (edited 01-02-2009).]

blackrams

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-02-2009 08:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsDirect Link to This Post
Another self-serving bump. With the economy in a down turn, business at my regular Monday through Friday job has slowed significantly. I now have more time if I need it to transport cars, trucks or just about anything we can load under 12,000 lbs. I am actully rated to carry more weight but choose not to. Just like anything else in life, if you push your equipment to it's limits, eventually you're gonna break something.

Regardless, I'm still enjoying the adventure of transporting Fieros and other vehicles and love getting to meet Fiero folks and travel to locations I've not seen before on in a long time. If you need something transported, give me a call, PM or email. We might be able to figure out a way to do it.

Ron
aka: blackrams
heybjorn

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 97
Rate this member

Report this Post01-03-2009 10:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for heybjornSend a Private Message to heybjornDirect Link to This Post

We might be able to figure out a way to do it.

Ron
aka: blackrams

Don't you still have that truck and trailer?

blackrams

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-03-2009 06:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsDirect Link to This Post
Mike,
Yes, I still have the truck and trailer, my statement was more a reference to logistics, timing and cost.

Ron
rpro

Feedback score:    (16)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 76
Rate this member

Report this Post01-03-2009 07:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rproSend a Private Message to rproDirect Link to This Post
Do you ever come out west?
blackrams

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-03-2009 07:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by rpro:

Do you ever come out west?

Check your PMs. Thanks for asking.

Ron
PFF
System Bot
hnthomps

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post01-04-2009 12:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hnthompsSend a Private Message to hnthompsDirect Link to This Post
Ron was kind enough to transport a Mera a couple of weeks ago for me that wanted/needed a larger engine. His price was right, communications were very open, and he showed up on time at my house. Both he and Jake (as well as his daughter) spent a short time patientrly waiting while at my house that morning until I managed to get a steering wheel adapter pulled and installed a new wheel. He is exceptionally careful about loading, tie down, and arrival notification. I highly recommend him as a Fiero hauler and Jake's mug does a good job of discouraging unwanted visitors. When they left the house, Ron was driving but Jake may have taken over later after they were out of my sight.
blackrams

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-04-2009 12:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by hnthomps:
When they left the house, Ron was driving but Jake may have taken over later after they were out of my sight.

Nelson,
Thanks for the kind words but, I have to be honest here, Jake is a lousy driver and drools on the steering wheel so, I don't let him drive anymore.

Ron

[This message has been edited by blackrams (edited 01-04-2009).]

maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post01-04-2009 09:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneDirect Link to This Post
Just how far west would you go this time of year Ron?
blackrams

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-04-2009 09:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by maryjane:

Just how far west would you go this time of year Ron?

Don,
The answer to that question is hard to define, too many variables. If you've got something in mind, give me a call, you know the number. Colorado would be pretty easily done, much farther west or any direction might be a challenge, depends on whether or not I have a co-driver. Want to go somewhere? Also depends on things like, is someone willing to pay me to drive that far. The price of fuel has dropped some but, seems to be on the way back up.

Thanks.

Ron
FIERO JOHN-WI

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-05-2009 10:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FIERO JOHN-WISend a Private Message to FIERO JOHN-WIDirect Link to This Post
Need a price to see if this is worth me buying, need a price from St. Cloud, Florida to Milwaukee, Wisconsin.
PM me your price thnaks
blackrams

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-06-2009 07:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FIERO JOHN-WI:

Need a price to see if this is worth me buying, need a price from St. Cloud, Florida to Milwaukee, Wisconsin.
PM me your price thnaks

Let me see what I can put together.

Ron
blackrams

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-07-2009 03:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsDirect Link to This Post

PM me your price thanks

John,
Check your PMs. This is a very plausible transport. I need to know your time frames and other requirements. Is this a Fiero? Is this a special Fiero that will have special needs.

Ron
FIERO JOHN-WI

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-07-2009 10:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FIERO JOHN-WISend a Private Message to FIERO JOHN-WIDirect Link to This Post
Pm'ed you back.
blackrams

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-08-2009 04:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsDirect Link to This Post

Pm'ed you back.

John,
We'll try again when you get that ride next time. Thanks for contacting me.

Ron
blackrams

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-20-2009 03:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsDirect Link to This Post
Just a self-serving bump, one never really knows if one does not advise those in need of the abilities available. Thanks for looking.

Ron

[This message has been edited by blackrams (edited 01-20-2009).]

PFF
System Bot
blackrams

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-22-2009 12:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsDirect Link to This Post
Well folks, it looks like it the end of the line for Blackrams Transports. Maybe my prices are too high, maybe it's the economy, who knows. What I do know is that I can't afford to keep covering everything that I have to pay for with the significant slow down in business that I've seen. I've tried to be competitive but, I simply can't compete with the bigger haulers and my limitations of being able to only do it on weekend furthers that problem. So, with this, I have to terminate Blackrams Transports as an entity. It's been fun but, if it doesn't bring in a few bucks then it just doesn't make sense.

This doesn't mean I won't do some favors for returning favors but, well, you know how that goes.

Thanks a bunch.

Ron
h.d.fire

Feedback score:    (28)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-22-2009 09:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for h.d.fireSend a Private Message to h.d.fireDirect Link to This Post
sorry to hear your parking the trailer Ron, sure can appreciate your situation tho. Thanks for the good advice in the past.
blackrams

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-23-2009 03:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by h.d.fire:

sorry to hear your parking the trailer Ron, sure can appreciate your situation tho. Thanks for the good advice in the past.

I'm fairly sure I'll be asked to do favors for some of my Fiero friends from time to time, I just have to stop the bleeding, financially speaking. Thanks for the kind remarks.

Ron
Puck

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-18-2009 10:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PuckClick Here to visit Puck's HomePageSend a Private Message to PuckDirect Link to This Post
I never personally did business with you but I just want to say thank you for the service you offered to the fiero community.....best of luck in whatever you decide to do.

Adam
blackrams

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-18-2009 10:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Puck:

I never personally did business with you but I just want to say thank you for the service you offered to the fiero community.....best of luck in whatever you decide to do.

Adam

Adam,
Thanks, I sincerely appreciate the kind words. I am still willing to do "favors" if everything is just right I simply can't go under the commercial guidelines. Makes a huge difference on the insurance required. Be safe out there.

Ron
Rolling Thunder

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-19-2009 02:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Rolling ThunderSend a Private Message to Rolling ThunderDirect Link to This Post
Anyone going from Central Texas to Tennessee in the next few months? I've got a crate for Merciero. He's doing a 3800 swap and have a tapshift 4T65E-HD for him, but shipping freight almost $700.
cadero2dmax

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 60
Rate this member

Report this Post04-19-2009 07:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cadero2dmaxSend a Private Message to cadero2dmaxDirect Link to This Post
You have a PM
blackrams

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-19-2009 08:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Rolling Thunder:

Anyone going from Central Texas to Tennessee in the next few months? I've got a crate for Merciero. He's doing a 3800 swap and have a tapshift 4T65E-HD for him, but shipping freight almost $700.

Thunder,

You might try YT Hauling, http://www.yesterdaystracto...cgi-bin/haulquery.pl

I think you might be able to find a ride for your tranny that is reasonable by someone already making that trip with room for your load. Sorry, that's the best I can do.

Ron

[This message has been edited by blackrams (edited 04-21-2009).]

sjmaye

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-21-2009 05:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for sjmayeSend a Private Message to sjmayeDirect Link to This Post
I was thinking about going to the Myrtle Beach meet next month. The 10+ hour ride in a Fiero is not thrilling my wife. Any chance you are already going that way?
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock