Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Mall - Archive
  Any interest in a belt tensionor ? (Page 2)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
Previous Page | Next Page
Any interest in a belt tensionor ? by Dodgerunner
Started on: 10-22-2006 10:41 PM
Replies: 62
Last post by: ManMadeChickens on 01-03-2010 05:17 PM
Bruce

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-14-2007 11:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BruceSend a Private Message to BruceDirect Link to This Post
Is this just for the 3.4, or will it work on the 2.8, also?
IP: Logged
JMunilla87GT

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-15-2007 09:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JMunilla87GTSend a Private Message to JMunilla87GTDirect Link to This Post
did i miss, how i can go about ordering one of these? this is an excellent solution.
JMunilla87GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-15-2007 09:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JMunilla87GTSend a Private Message to JMunilla87GTDirect Link to This Post

JMunilla87GT

934 posts
Member since May 2002

Originally posted by Bruce:

Is this just for the 3.4, or will it work on the 2.8, also?

from the his site bruce, i had the same question

" Works on all stock V6 Fieros."
Dodgerunner

Feedback score:    (61)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 323
Rate this member

Report this Post07-02-2007 10:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DodgerunnerClick Here to visit Dodgerunner's HomePageSend a Private Message to DodgerunnerDirect Link to This Post
Yes they work on 3.4pr swaps as well as any stock 2.8.

There are a couple running them on their 3.4's as well as all 2.8 years.

[This message has been edited by Dodgerunner (edited 07-02-2007).]

Dan010

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-02-2007 10:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dan010Send a Private Message to Dan010Direct Link to This Post
order and payment sent tonight

Thanks
Dodgerunner

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-05-2007 02:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DodgerunnerClick Here to visit Dodgerunner's HomePageSend a Private Message to DodgerunnerDirect Link to This Post
Dan, your email address does not work for me. I have sent a couple PM's.
Just wanted to make sure your getting my responses.
Dodgerunner

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-06-2007 03:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DodgerunnerClick Here to visit Dodgerunner's HomePageSend a Private Message to DodgerunnerDirect Link to This Post
Just FYI. I have one full kit still available. Two others are spoken for.

After that unless I can find a good buy on the tensioners, only brackets will be available for the time being.

Thanks

DR

HellYes

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-12-2007 04:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for HellYesSend a Private Message to HellYesDirect Link to This Post
This is a big improvement over Rodney's kit.

That one was only designed to increase the belt contact with pulleys. Rodney's will stop belt squeal, but it's still a pain in the ass to tension your belt.
PhatMax

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-13-2007 08:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PhatMaxSend a Private Message to PhatMaxDirect Link to This Post
PM me with your paypal info...I'll take the last one if it's still available....
PhatMax

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-14-2007 09:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PhatMaxSend a Private Message to PhatMaxDirect Link to This Post
Bump for Dodgerunner......
Dodgerunner

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-21-2007 11:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DodgerunnerClick Here to visit Dodgerunner's HomePageSend a Private Message to DodgerunnerDirect Link to This Post
Just wanted to let anyone interested know that I have enough parts for 5 Kits available again.

http://www.geocities.com/my..._files/page0002.html

Purchased more stock as of 8/30/07 6 currently available

[This message has been edited by Dodgerunner (edited 08-30-2007).]

PFF
System Bot
Mister

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 56
Rate this member

Report this Post08-30-2007 04:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MisterSend a Private Message to MisterDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Dodgerunner:
Just wanted to let anyone interested know that I have enough parts for 5 Kits available again.
http://www.geocities.com/my..._files/page0002.html
Purchased more stock as of 8/30/07 6 currently available

Bump for a good upgrade

Dodgerunner, can you please post or P.M me the price for a complete package shipped to Montreal and Toronto, Canada.
I might need one for a friend

Thanks.

------------------

Dodgerunner

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-31-2007 12:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DodgerunnerClick Here to visit Dodgerunner's HomePageSend a Private Message to DodgerunnerDirect Link to This Post
PM sent.
Dodgerunner

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-10-2007 09:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DodgerunnerClick Here to visit Dodgerunner's HomePageSend a Private Message to DodgerunnerDirect Link to This Post
Update 9-10-07

I have two brackets in stock which will probably be going to Canada this week. They may want a couple more at WCF

I have enough steel for two more at this time. I'd like to get time to sand my 85GT and get it painted. (building brackets seems to keep getting in the way of the Fiero hobby.. :-) )

Will be ordering more steel so may have to put orders on a waiting list for a couple weeks if there is much interest....

Thanks

Mister

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 56
Rate this member

Report this Post09-15-2007 05:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MisterSend a Private Message to MisterDirect Link to This Post
Good packaging and fast shipping to Canada.

Installed, and working great
Thanks Dodgerunner, job well done

------------------

PineyCreek

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-16-2007 12:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PineyCreekClick Here to visit PineyCreek's HomePageSend a Private Message to PineyCreekDirect Link to This Post
Drat it Dodgerunner, I won't begrudge you making money off this wonderful idea that Pontiac should have thought of when the Fieros started doing this all the time, but how much are you paying for the actual tensioners?

Not mad at you, just thinking of repainting my Fiero to look like a vacuum cleaner thanks to all the money it's eating ^_^. Also, how much for the bracket again? ^_^

------------------
1986 SE V6, stock, auto, fastback. GT Trim and Body panels.

Fiero-in-Paradise

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-16-2007 06:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero-in-ParadiseSend a Private Message to Fiero-in-ParadiseDirect Link to This Post
Dodgerunner, I'll be needing yet another setup (bracket and tensioner only). As usual...no rush...get your car painted first!

Bump for a really nicely engineered mod.
fieroluv

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 52
Rate this member

Report this Post09-16-2007 04:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroluvSend a Private Message to fieroluvDirect Link to This Post

will this mod work if the original alt bracket has the typical broken adjuster? My bracket is completely missing the curved adjustment. I have been contemplating buying another bracket, however if this will work with my broken bracket that would be great.
Dodgerunner

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-30-2007 09:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DodgerunnerClick Here to visit Dodgerunner's HomePageSend a Private Message to DodgerunnerDirect Link to This Post
Just wanted to let anyone interested know I have sold the last bracket I had in stock. Am out of steel blanks will be looking for more stock.

Thanks to everyone (now 30+) that purchased a bracket or kit and hope they have solved any of your problems.

Will post back when I have more in stock. Hopefully will not be to long.

DR

[This message has been edited by Dodgerunner (edited 09-30-2007).]

brandon87gt

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-01-2007 01:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for brandon87gtSend a Private Message to brandon87gtDirect Link to This Post
Definately let us know, I've been meaning to pick one of these up for sure, probably should be able to this winter!
flimbob

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-28-2008 06:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for flimbobSend a Private Message to flimbobDirect Link to This Post
Do you have just the bracket available? PM me if you do
PFF
System Bot
whodeanie

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 120
Rate this member

Report this Post01-03-2010 02:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieDirect Link to This Post
Bump for a great product I just got around to installing this kit in one of the cars I am working on and I must say. I like it
so much I want another one for my other car.
D.
ManMadeChickens

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-03-2010 05:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ManMadeChickensSend a Private Message to ManMadeChickensDirect Link to This Post
My Dad has one on his car, and it makes a world of difference. First, it helps keep steady tension on the belt, so no more wet squealing, or loosening over time. Second, changing the belt is now MUCH easier with the tensioner than having to adjust with the alternator. I've got two V6's that could really use one of these kits.

[This message has been edited by ManMadeChickens (edited 01-03-2010).]

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock