Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Mall - Archive
  CUSTOM BADGES, VENTS, PANELS.... (Page 2)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
Previous Page | Next Page
CUSTOM BADGES, VENTS, PANELS.... by silver 85 sc
Started on: 03-25-2008 11:02 PM
Replies: 57
Last post by: Robert 2 on 12-25-2008 06:31 PM
fierohobby

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-18-2008 03:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierohobbySend a Private Message to fierohobbyDirect Link to This Post
Bump.

-fh

...and page 2 is mine!

[This message has been edited by fierohobby (edited 07-18-2008).]

IP: Logged
Gokart

Feedback score:    (50)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post08-10-2008 03:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GokartSend a Private Message to GokartDirect Link to This Post

How's the badge business going? Any luck having them polished?
Marc
silver 85 sc

Feedback score:    (40)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-11-2008 09:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for silver 85 scSend a Private Message to silver 85 scDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Gokart:

How's the badge business going? Any luck having them polished?
Marc

Yes I think that I have the polishing figured out. I did 100 key chains for the 25th and towards the end they looked really good.

Rich
DC88fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-05-2008 10:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DC88fieroSend a Private Message to DC88fieroDirect Link to This Post
Any GT key chains???????
silver 85 sc

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-06-2008 02:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for silver 85 scSend a Private Message to silver 85 scDirect Link to This Post
Just an update, this is the last thing I have been able to work on since the Michigan 25th Show. (Sorry for the snowy pictures and it should probably read attendee) I have been extremely busy and still working overtime. After the show I decided to resurrect old blue in the garage instead of scrapping her. can you say $$$$$, so after completely reworking the fuel system, brake system, patching some holes, putting the interior back together and it still not running... and along with getting my sons car completely functional, and to top it off having my car go from running great to running on 2 cylinders... and being broke (I hope the orthodontist has a good Christmas) and being a boy scout leader again... I don't have much more to add.

I am toying around with doing show vents next year. If I can get enough interest I will run a few, and since I only hit The Dells Run, The Heartland Show, and Fierorama (donated a set for the auction this year and I did attend Michigan this year) If anyone wants vents for their local show let me know. Once again I am only gauging interest at this point.

Wait forgot that I did squeeze in a gauge pod panel.

88lambofiero came up one night and we whipped this thing together. It is the pegasus off the cover of the last Fiero Focus magazine. He has updated his gauges and needed a new cover panel. What sucked was, we got done programming it at midnight and I had to be up for work at 5:00 am the next day. that was a looonnng Saturday. His car is in storage so I will have to wait until spring to get photos.
Rich

I forgot I am making dual gauge turnouts (ho/hon3) for model railroading to top things off in case anyone here shares that passion as well.
doublec4

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 150
Rate this member

Report this Post12-07-2008 01:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Direct Link to This Post
Ever consider making an insert for the map pocket area?

Or an insert for the center interior vents above the HVAC controls? If I were to remove my vents and just have you make up an insert with the cutout "IMSA" could that be done?
silver 85 sc

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-07-2008 09:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for silver 85 scSend a Private Message to silver 85 scDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by doublec4:

Ever consider making an insert for the map pocket area?

Or an insert for the center interior vents above the HVAC controls? If I were to remove my vents and just have you make up an insert with the cutout "IMSA" could that be done?

Have not had the insert ever brought up. It could be done, I would just have to take it apart and look hard at the design.

I have done replacement covers for the ac controls, If i were you I would leave the your existing cover there, and go with a cover over everything. You could still have directional control for the ac and vent air flow. I don't know what font you would be looking for but it would look something like this. (Note the small rectangles for the approximate location of the tabs for the vent louvers.) I have made these out of 18 ga stainless. (.047" thick) I might have some 20 ga (.036" thick) laying around to make this out of also.

www.dafonts.com is the last site I checked for free fonts. The kfonts website I used to use is no longer.

GOT2B GM

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-10-2008 07:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GOT2B GMSend a Private Message to GOT2B GMDirect Link to This Post
any further progress on the GT vents??

Very interested in a set for my 88 GT.
Jarhead 2m4

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-10-2008 07:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jarhead 2m4Click Here to visit Jarhead 2m4's HomePageSend a Private Message to Jarhead 2m4Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by silver 85 sc:

Have not had the insert ever brought up. It could be done, I would just have to take it apart and look hard at the design.

I have done replacement covers for the ac controls, If i were you I would leave the your existing cover there, and go with a cover over everything. You could still have directional control for the ac and vent air flow. I don't know what font you would be looking for but it would look something like this. (Note the small rectangles for the approximate location of the tabs for the vent louvers.) I have made these out of 18 ga stainless. (.047" thick) I might have some 20 ga (.036" thick) laying around to make this out of also.

www.dafonts.com is the last site I checked for free fonts. The kfonts website I used to use is no longer.

Shouldn't it say IMSA?

[This message has been edited by Jarhead 2m4 (edited 12-10-2008).]

silver 85 sc

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-10-2008 11:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for silver 85 scSend a Private Message to silver 85 scDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Jarhead 2m4:

Shouldn't it say IMSA?

oops
pontiackid86

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 344
Rate this member

Report this Post12-11-2008 01:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Direct Link to This Post
safe to say im ordering my badges from you once i get my project into the finishing stages can you anodize them?
PFF
System Bot
Chris Hodson

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 54
Rate this member

Report this Post12-11-2008 03:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Chris HodsonSend a Private Message to Chris HodsonDirect Link to This Post

This looks like something Fred B would hang on his house lol.
silver 85 sc

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-11-2008 07:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for silver 85 scSend a Private Message to silver 85 scDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by pontiackid86:

safe to say im ordering my badges from you once i get my project into the finishing stages can you anodize them?

Anodize stainless???
silver 85 sc

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-11-2008 07:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for silver 85 scSend a Private Message to silver 85 scDirect Link to This Post

silver 85 sc

915 posts
Member since Jun 2007

Originally posted by Chris Hodson:

This looks like something Fred B would hang on his house lol.

You should have seen that thing getting cut out. It was really neat. It took less than 10 mins. It is 58" x 77". I had to make a platform to put on the bed of my S10 to take it down to him.
pontiackid86

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 344
Rate this member

Report this Post12-11-2008 08:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by silver 85 sc:

Anodize stainless???
nvm ill be getting to you about 2 badges around spring time

GOT2B GM

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-11-2008 08:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GOT2B GMSend a Private Message to GOT2B GMDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by GOT2B GM:

any further progress on the GT vents??

Very interested in a set for my 88 GT.

silver 85 sc

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-12-2008 05:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for silver 85 scSend a Private Message to silver 85 scDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by GOT2B GM:

I have a set, but the tabs are still off a little. I know this because I have the GT vents off of my son's car. His car is an '86 SE fastback conversion and until we get all the fasteners to bolt the inner fastback panels in I don't know how close I can get them. I had no problem selling them at the 25th. I had a couple come up and ask about them. I informed them they were close. They took them test fitted them, and brought back a check for both of the sets I had. I was busy at the time and didn't get a chance to review them with the couple. So until I can get to a GT there is a little fit modification required, but they do look cool.

Rich
Robert 2

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-25-2008 06:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Robert 2Send a Private Message to Robert 2Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierofetish:

have an idea for you As well mounting the horse and the wings on a cut-out backing plate.how about mounting the two wings and the horse to a circular ss disc. make the actual horse and wings out of thinner steel if possible, stick them to a disc the same size as the filler cap..and then glue/fix the whole lot to the filler cap?? I would LOVE one of them!! The edges of the disc could be bevelled down so the edge would fit nicely to the edge of the filler cap.

and you are welcome to adapt my other design for the replacement GT badge on the rear molding for GT's. It could even be made a lot wider than the original badge, fillting over the molding..giving more space for extra lettering
..most opinions so far would prefer it in mild steel, so it could be painted body colour
Nick

As for the gas filling door , you will need the exact curve in it , these are not flat .

[This message has been edited by Robert 2 (edited 12-25-2008).]

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock