Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Mall - Archive
  SHIFT KNOBS! Billiard Balls now ready.... (Page 2)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
Previous Page | Next Page
SHIFT KNOBS! Billiard Balls now ready.... by Carver1
Started on: 08-17-2007 05:17 PM
Replies: 78
Last post by: Carver1 on 03-12-2009 04:39 PM
dvlmn

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-16-2007 05:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for dvlmnSend a Private Message to dvlmnDirect Link to This Post
hey carver sorry bout kinda disappearing there for a while but i had some job issues and had to get my car fixed glad to hear that you got the auto knobs started a least hope all goes well for you

EDIT~SWEET I OWN PAGE 2!!!!!!!!

[This message has been edited by dvlmn (edited 09-16-2007).]

IP: Logged
Carver1

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post11-02-2007 08:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Carver1Send a Private Message to Carver1Direct Link to This Post
Not sure how I am going to do the autos. Still brainstorming...

Manuals are still up for sale.

Gimme some ideas if you are interested in a custom job...

------------------
1988 GT Wingless Fastback 5 Speed Purchased 8-4-07

Billiard Ball Shifters For Sale! https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum4/HTML/038696.html

craigsfiero2007

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 71
Rate this member

Report this Post11-03-2007 02:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for craigsfiero2007Send a Private Message to craigsfiero2007Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Carver1:

Not sure how I am going to do the autos. Still brainstorming...

Manuals are still up for sale.

Gimme some ideas if you are interested in a custom job...

I have an idea for your billard ball shifter knobs for the auto. Here is my idea. Take a small hole cutter, small enough to cut out the number, and cut all the way through.Then drill a small hole on the side of the ball, small enough for a set screw, then tap the threads for the set screw. Then you take the part you cut out with the hole cutter and cut it in half. This is just an idea you can modify it to your liking. If you do this I would put at least four set screw in the ball, just because the ball is pretty heavy. I think this would work if you could figure out some way for the center piece to stay in. If it works out good you should be able to press the number of the ball and that should be able to move the shifter. It's just an idea for you to think about.
Dudeus

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-03-2007 02:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DudeusSend a Private Message to DudeusDirect Link to This Post
+4 on that auto shifter.

Do you still need one?
Carver1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-03-2007 09:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Carver1Send a Private Message to Carver1Direct Link to This Post
Another member sent me an auto shift knob, but I don't know if I can get the fit right without the shifter itself.

The hole saw idea seems doable except for the drill bit that would be in the center of the number to align the hole saw. Any ideas for that? Can I run the saw without the center alignment bit? (This is all by hand, no drill press)

------------------
1988 GT Wingless Fastback 5 Speed Purchased 8-4-07

Billiard Ball Shifters For Sale! https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum4/HTML/038696.html

craigsfiero2007

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 71
Rate this member

Report this Post11-03-2007 12:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for craigsfiero2007Send a Private Message to craigsfiero2007Direct Link to This Post

Another member sent me an auto shift knob, but I don't know if I can get the fit right without the shifter itself.

The hole saw idea seems doable except for the drill bit that would be in the center of the number to align the hole saw. Any ideas for that? Can I run the saw without the center alignment bit? (This is all by hand, no drill press)

Yea you can run the hole cutter without the drill bit. The cheap hole cutters won't let you though. You could do it by hand if you have some kind of level.
shawnhalolush

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-23-2008 05:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for shawnhalolushSend a Private Message to shawnhalolushDirect Link to This Post
Is there anyway I can get a 13 ball?

Shawn
dozol

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-23-2008 09:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dozolClick Here to visit dozol's HomePageSend a Private Message to dozolDirect Link to This Post
Any more pics installed on a short shifter??

so many colors an numbers to choose from.............
MarineFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-24-2008 07:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MarineFieroSend a Private Message to MarineFieroDirect Link to This Post
Any 8 balls ready?
MarineFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-24-2008 07:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MarineFieroSend a Private Message to MarineFieroDirect Link to This Post

MarineFiero

1026 posts
Member since Aug 2008
On the other hand... if I send you this ball, can you make it a shift knob for me?

Ooh-rah! Kill!
Carver1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-24-2008 03:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Carver1Send a Private Message to Carver1Direct Link to This Post
I thought this thread died.
I can still make them. I do have a 13 and an 8.
As far as the marine ball, yes, I can drill it out if you send it to me.

PM for any more info
PFF
System Bot
MarineFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-24-2008 06:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MarineFieroSend a Private Message to MarineFieroDirect Link to This Post
PM sent!
tednelson83

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 67
Rate this member

Report this Post08-24-2008 07:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tednelson83Click Here to visit tednelson83's HomePageSend a Private Message to tednelson83Direct Link to This Post
carver, did you ever figure out the auto shifter thing?
Carver1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-17-2009 09:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Carver1Send a Private Message to Carver1Direct Link to This Post
I thought I'd bring this back up. Auto knobs are ready!
Here is the thread about them.
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/074157.html

I am selling the Manual balls for $30 SHIPPED
The Auto balls will be $45 SHIPPED

Please post a pic if you get one!

The top row are manuals
The bottom are autos.

Let me know if you have any questions.
hookdonspeed

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 131
Rate this member

Report this Post01-17-2009 10:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hookdonspeedClick Here to visit hookdonspeed's HomePageSend a Private Message to hookdonspeedDirect Link to This Post
just an fwi, i know some people was looking for chrome ball shiftknobs before, if they got these, they could have them powder coated chrome, and would be almost imposable to tell the difference without knocking on it to hear the sound.
Carver1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-17-2009 11:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Carver1Send a Private Message to Carver1Direct Link to This Post
Got a couple more options to add.
Got a Caddy swap? No problem!
The crest is made of metal, not plastic.
I will be making one of these for my 4.9 auto soon. The emblem will be the actuator. The manual version (shown) will be flush.
(my camera doesn't want to focus very well)

Here are a few shiny ones I used for research. Not quite chrome.

One on the left is a universal that will work on the auto or the manual

This one looks awesome. It's kinda black chrome. I modified it to fit the Fiero 4/5 speed shifters. The set screws also sit flush.
If anyone is interested in them, let me know.

I also now have the threads for a R. Dickman short throw if you would like to use a pool ball instead of the smaller black one that came with it.

[This message has been edited by Carver1 (edited 01-17-2009).]

Carver1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-20-2009 06:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Carver1Send a Private Message to Carver1Direct Link to This Post
bump.
Daredevil05

Feedback score:    (25)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-20-2009 07:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Daredevil05Send a Private Message to Daredevil05Direct Link to This Post
Are they regular size billiard balls? Is it possible to post a pic with someone's hand shifting the knob? Just want to see the comparison of hand to ball. That doesn't sound right no matter how I put it down in words, lol.

Dave
Carver1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-20-2009 08:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Carver1Send a Private Message to Carver1Direct Link to This Post
Yes they are regular size pool balls. I think they are 2 3/8"? I'll see if I can get a pic to compare it to.
Carver1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2009 12:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Carver1Send a Private Message to Carver1Direct Link to This Post
Just a quick update. I now have ALL the numbers and even one cue ball available. I'll contact those waiting on certain numbers and the rest are ready to be drilled.
Let me know what you need!
Thanks!
Carver1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-26-2009 07:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Carver1Send a Private Message to Carver1Direct Link to This Post
Manual knobs will be $25 shipped this week. Got too many balls!
PFF
System Bot
Daredevil05

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-28-2009 05:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Daredevil05Send a Private Message to Daredevil05Direct Link to This Post
Any specials on the auto balls. I haven't decided if I want yellow or orange. I know I don't want blue ball. Huh!

Dave
Carver1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2009 07:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Carver1Send a Private Message to Carver1Direct Link to This Post
bump.
Carver1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2009 09:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Carver1Send a Private Message to Carver1Direct Link to This Post
Thank you to the members that have bought these! Still have most numbers left. Also looking for new ideas! Any challenges out there?
shawnhalolush

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-04-2009 06:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for shawnhalolushSend a Private Message to shawnhalolushDirect Link to This Post
I finally got my shift knob the other day. It's on Rodney's comp shifter...

Shawn
pontiackid86

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 344
Rate this member

Report this Post02-10-2009 12:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Direct Link to This Post
another happy customer here only reason the 7 dosent line up right is iv taken this shifter on and off about 3 dozon times so its not fault on carver1 but im very saitsfied with it

This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view.
This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view.

[This message has been edited by pontiackid86 (edited 02-10-2009).]

Carver1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-10-2009 06:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Carver1Send a Private Message to Carver1Direct Link to This Post
Take a small piece of paper (very small) an put in into the ball. This will act as a shim to line up the number. Adjust how much to add until you like it.
Hope this helps.
Daredevil05

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-14-2009 08:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Daredevil05Send a Private Message to Daredevil05Direct Link to This Post

You have a pm.

Dave
pontiackid86

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 344
Rate this member

Report this Post02-14-2009 09:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Direct Link to This Post

Take a small piece of paper (very small) an put in into the ball. This will act as a shim to line up the number. Adjust how much to add until you like it.
Hope this helps.

lol all it has to do is shift gears im not that pickey about where the 7 is thankyou though.
Silentassassin185

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 93
Rate this member

Report this Post02-18-2009 04:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Silentassassin185Send a Private Message to Silentassassin185Direct Link to This Post
PM sent
Turbowedge

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-18-2009 07:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TurbowedgeSend a Private Message to TurbowedgeDirect Link to This Post
Hi, if I sent you an 8 ball and marked it where I wanted it drilled, are you open to that? Thanks.
PFF
System Bot
Carver1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-18-2009 07:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Carver1Send a Private Message to Carver1Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Turbowedge:

Hi, if I sent you an 8 ball and marked it where I wanted it drilled, are you open to that? Thanks.

Sure. I'll PM you.
katatak

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 82
Rate this member

Report this Post02-18-2009 09:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for katatakSend a Private Message to katatakDirect Link to This Post
Budwieser is the King of Beer's!

Carver is the King of Balls!
Rolling Thunder

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-19-2009 02:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Rolling ThunderSend a Private Message to Rolling ThunderDirect Link to This Post
I don't want one, but it would be cool to have a Magic 8 Ball shift knob... especially if it was back lit.
Tony Kania

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 305
User Banned

Report this Post02-19-2009 11:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by katatak:

Budwieser is the King of Beer's!

Carver is the King of Balls!

I am not too sure if Carver really wants that designation.
Carver1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-19-2009 09:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Carver1Send a Private Message to Carver1Direct Link to This Post
Damn! I lose my internet for one day and this is what I come back too?
I now have some sleeves with a set screw for anyone that wants to cut their shifter down without rethreading it. It will look just like the regular ones, with a pinhole on the bottom for the allen wrench to fit into.
I gotta get busy on these. Starting to get a waiting list.....Please be patient with the shipping. I am living out of town and have a hard time getting to the PO.
Thanks again everyone. I'm glad I can contribute to the Fiero world.
Daredevil05

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-23-2009 12:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Daredevil05Send a Private Message to Daredevil05Direct Link to This Post
Got the billiard shift knob ball today, sweet and gave you a + . It's time to shoot pool this ball is loaded!

Thanks
Dave

[This message has been edited by Daredevil05 (edited 02-23-2009).]

Daredevil05

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-12-2009 04:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Daredevil05Send a Private Message to Daredevil05Direct Link to This Post
Here are pics for now. I love it and it looks great. I will remove and store it in a safe while I'm working on the car, which will be next month. It should be ready for Carlisle in 2011.

You really have to buy one to really appreciate the look and work that goes into one of these auto shift knobs, thanks.

Dave

[This message has been edited by Daredevil05 (edited 03-12-2009).]

Carver1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-12-2009 04:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Carver1Send a Private Message to Carver1Direct Link to This Post
Glad you like it. I'm going to be out of the ball making business for a little bit. I am heading to Iowa for a job that will last at least a month. Only taking clothes and my laptop!

------------------
86 SE 4 Speed 2.8 "The Short Bus"

88 Coupe 4.9 "Hibernating"

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay