Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Mall - Archive
  Re-Post - '86 GT w/SBC, Lambo and More (Page 2)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
Previous Page | Next Page
Re-Post - '86 GT w/SBC, Lambo and More by Saxman
Started on: 03-21-2007 04:42 PM
Replies: 75
Last post by: Saxman on 01-03-2008 11:32 PM
flames4me

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-15-2007 08:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for flames4meSend a Private Message to flames4meDirect Link to This Post
I hope the pump helps also, I have been following this car for a while and I understand all of the various issues SBC swaps can be if you try to make them daily driveable... I'm keeping mine mostly for the strip because of these various problems (which you have fixed pretty much everything except the heating issue). It sucks trying to sell a nice fiero worth more then $2k because us fiero owners are known to be cheap enough to build an all around nice car like this one but most of us don't have that amount of cash (over $2k) on hand to buy this kind of fiero outright. I have seen to many VERY prestene fiero's sell for a painfully low value because the owner was under a time crunch to sell their pride and joy for other obligations. This is basically a free bump, but just hang in there, if your only other obligation is your wife, I'm sure you can pull a few strings and hold onto it for a week, month or so more to get the price your asking. it is a very reasonable price for this car... for possible future buyers, did you see the attention to detail shown on the UNDERSIDE of the front end? everything was paint matched purple to match the rest of the car. That not only shows good craftsmanship, it also shows very deep TLC for this car when the builder was building it. Good luck Saxman.

------------------
1986 Silver 5 speed Fiero 3.4 DOHC
Bored .30, Fully balanced and blueprinted
13.93@101mph as it is on the street.
... ... !
350ci 400hp/tq SBC, 4 bolt main
Spec Stage 3, Nitrous Oxide, many extras.
87 GT 5-speed Getrag, power everything.

IP: Logged
Saxman

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 114
Rate this member

Report this Post05-15-2007 09:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SaxmanClick Here to visit Saxman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SaxmanDirect Link to This Post
Thanks, Flames4me - much appreciated!

Yes, I may be willing to risk divorce to keep this one if the heating issue is solved by the pump. I think I am dumb to sell it this cheap since I can certainly use those nice painted/pwdr coated and Por-15'd parts on the Fino. The friggin Fino still has everything underneath STOCK. Even all the bushings, etc. Once the Lambo hinge is welded, it would make a nice addition to the Fino, too. The engine also looks much better than the Fino's.

I should just put the Fino body/interior on this car, then put the Fino's SBC and purple body panels on that naked '87 T-top (waiting outside) and have two nice V8s (even though I really want one V8 and one 3800SC ... and still keep the wife ).

Thanks again, Flames. She may be staying home this year...

Saxman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-17-2007 04:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SaxmanClick Here to visit Saxman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SaxmanDirect Link to This Post
Well, for those interested, I went and bought a new water pump but found out a few minutes ago that it is too big. The flanges that come out from the engine stick out too far, so I just ordered the same one that is already on there - from Summit Racing - SUM-314350.

I turned on the old pump and stuck my finger down through the filler neck right into where the stream of coolant should be and it was hardly moving (no thermostat in there). This is a 40-gallone per minute pump, so I imagine I should be feeling a bit more movement to say the least.

Again - the one in there is really loud, so I think (hope and pray) that this is the problem.

The new pump won't be here in time for Carlisle, so I'll be in the Mach 1 - not towing anything.

I think this may be it. I should know by next weekend.

If this fixes it - will I get any better offers? I doubt it, but I am in no hurry. So, wait until this new pump is in for the price to change.

[This message has been edited by Saxman (edited 05-17-2007).]

McNasty

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-18-2007 07:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for McNastySend a Private Message to McNastyDirect Link to This Post
ALright, sounds like a plan, I'll be watching this one.
Good luck with the new pump.

mayber I'll see ya at Carlisle if I wind up making it down.
Saxman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-19-2007 07:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SaxmanClick Here to visit Saxman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SaxmanDirect Link to This Post
Man, it sure would have been nice to take this car to Carlisle today. I can't tell you how motivated I am after seeing all the great cars there. The Fino would have been nice, too.

NEXT YEAR!

BTW - the water pump was shipped last night...
tinman4982

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-19-2007 08:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tinman4982Send a Private Message to tinman4982Direct Link to This Post
just a thought, but is it possible that the wiring to the pump is hooked up backwards? that would explain the low volume and perhaps the wierd sound as well......just a thought.

John
Saxman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-19-2007 10:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SaxmanClick Here to visit Saxman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SaxmanDirect Link to This Post
Thanks, John, but I can clearly see that the black wire is connected to a screw in the body so I am sure it is good.

Also, when I stuck my finger in the filler neck, I could feel the flow going into the pipe that leads under the driver's side and into the top of the radiator, which I believe is correct (am I right?).

It won't take long to get the new pump on there, so I hope to have good news on Monday or Tuesday night.
Saxman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-24-2007 12:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SaxmanClick Here to visit Saxman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SaxmanDirect Link to This Post
Long story made short: the new pump is in but I am not able to get any air out of the system when filling it.

I drove it and the same problem exists. I know the old pump had problems because this one is VERY quiet. I hope a good burp is the answer...

More to come-
Saxman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-24-2007 05:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SaxmanClick Here to visit Saxman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SaxmanDirect Link to This Post

Saxman

5151 posts
Member since May 2005
Hey Tinman,

Funny you mentioned the pump spinning the wrong way.

The new pump had the black wire labeled positive and the blue wire (with an inline fuse) marked at the negative.

When I hooked it up that way, the coolant was being pushed from the drivers side coolant pipe into the filler nevckwhich I believe is wrong, so I put the blue/fused wire on the positive.

Am I correct in my flow directions?
tinman4982

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-24-2007 06:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tinman4982Send a Private Message to tinman4982Direct Link to This Post
in a normal belt driven water pump the coolant flows from the hose at the thermostat housing into the top of the radiator. i'm not sure about you electric pump, but i would think it would be the same. maybe someone else knows for sure.

what i was referring to as to the pump rotating in the correct direction was this: most pumps have an impeller meant to rotate in a certain direction. if the direction of the rotation is reversed, it will not pump the correct amount of liquid. it will usually have a very low flow, and depending on the type of impeller, it may or may not flow backwards. hope this helps.

John

ALLTRBO

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-25-2007 12:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ALLTRBOSend a Private Message to ALLTRBODirect Link to This Post
Another piece of insight about the sale if you don't mind...
As others have stated, I think the overheating issue is the big one for most people (though it's not that bad), seconded by the lack of a heater.
Even though it's not an econobox daily driver type car, most people want a car they can drive anywhere anytime in almost any condition if they want or need to, even if they don't plan to. Of course we know how that usually works out with a modded 80's GM car, but that's the mindset a lot of people have.

I think that once the heating issue gets resolved, and if you re-install a heater (even without the sub) and install the stock door hinges, it would sell much easier because it would then seem more usuable under most circumstances. It seems like a nicely done car to me.

I think you should seriously try an airdam, and even hood vents, if the WP doesn't end up correcting the problem.

I haven't read all of the threads about it, but have seen bits and pieces here and there. I wish you luck on the sale, and as much as I think it would be cool to have, I have two GT's I need to sell myself (know anyone? hehe). I'm up here in College Park BTW, I'll let you know if I find anyone with some interest in a cool (or hot, lol) purple V8 Fiero.

P.S. Don't get divorced over -any- car or anything else for that matter! heh

[This message has been edited by ALLTRBO (edited 05-25-2007).]

PFF
System Bot
Saxman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-25-2007 08:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SaxmanClick Here to visit Saxman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SaxmanDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by tinman4982:

in a normal belt driven water pump the coolant flows from the hose at the thermostat housing into the top of the radiator. i'm not sure about you electric pump, but i would think it would be the same. maybe someone else knows for sure.

what i was referring to as to the pump rotating in the correct direction was this: most pumps have an impeller meant to rotate in a certain direction. if the direction of the rotation is reversed, it will not pump the correct amount of liquid. it will usually have a very low flow, and depending on the type of impeller, it may or may not flow backwards. hope this helps.

John

Thanks again, John. I talked to the Summit tech and he said the wires were labeled wrong - so I have it on correctly. Wiccantoy has offered to send down his vacuum system to fill the coolant system, so I will give that a shot. I'll even try putting my water hose directly in the filler neck to force the water through the system with both caps removed.

Aaargh!
Saxman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-25-2007 08:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SaxmanClick Here to visit Saxman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SaxmanDirect Link to This Post

Saxman

5151 posts
Member since May 2005

Originally posted by ALLTRBO:

Another piece of insight about the sale if you don't mind...
As others have stated, I think the overheating issue is the big one for most people (though it's not that bad), seconded by the lack of a heater.
Even though it's not an econobox daily driver type car, most people want a car they can drive anywhere anytime in almost any condition if they want or need to, even if they don't plan to. Of course we know how that usually works out with a modded 80's GM car, but that's the mindset a lot of people have.

I think that once the heating issue gets resolved, and if you re-install a heater (even without the sub) and install the stock door hinges, it would sell much easier because it would then seem more usuable under most circumstances. It seems like a nicely done car to me.

I think you should seriously try an airdam, and even hood vents, if the WP doesn't end up correcting the problem.

I haven't read all of the threads about it, but have seen bits and pieces here and there. I wish you luck on the sale, and as much as I think it would be cool to have, I have two GT's I need to sell myself (know anyone? hehe). I'm up here in College Park BTW, I'll let you know if I find anyone with some interest in a cool (or hot, lol) purple V8 Fiero.

P.S. Don't get divorced over -any- car or anything else for that matter! heh

Thanks for the input, ALLTRBO. I wish I had time to put in a heating system and pull the hinges, because I would use that time to find out what this darn heating problem is.

Have you posted your cars for sale yet?

Maybe wiccantoy's vacuum system will fix it...
Saxman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-25-2007 08:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SaxmanClick Here to visit Saxman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SaxmanDirect Link to This Post

Saxman

5151 posts
Member since May 2005
Oh - and welcome to the forum!! Are you new or just using a new name?
ALLTRBO

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-26-2007 11:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ALLTRBOSend a Private Message to ALLTRBODirect Link to This Post
Thanks. I'm pretty new to the site, I registered last year but rarely post. There's just too much to do these days, being newly married and a new home owner in a new state with a new job on top of being sick a lot.

I haven't posted the cars yet, mainly because (long story short...) I was unwise and didn't crosscheck the VIN to the title of the '86 when I bought it a few months ago, and the 3rd digit, supposed to be a "2" for Pontiac, was typo'd previously (in VA) as a "Z". Now I have the title in my name with a slightly wrong VIN. I can't rightfully sell it like that and I haven't had much time to figure out how to have it corrected (MD says I need to contact VA now, and I don't have the VA title anymore). Big mess. I really wanted to post the two together to make it simplest. I'm still driving the '87, and need to fix my Talon to replace it as DD again. I had plans to make one better Fiero out of two, but honestly have too much on my plate as I'm sure you can understand, heh... and I need a truck.

------------------
'87 Fiero GT - for sale?
'86 Fiero GT 3.4 - for sale
'96 Talon TSi AWD - 11.9 @ 116, sorta broke again
'90 Camaro IROC-Z twin-turbo - sorta broke again
'95 Kawi GPZ1100 - too fast

[This message has been edited by ALLTRBO (edited 05-26-2007).]

Saxman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-28-2007 08:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SaxmanClick Here to visit Saxman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SaxmanDirect Link to This Post
I took some photos while I was out trying to fill the cooling system today. No luck trying to force water in there with the water hose. All I did was clear all the coolant out of the system and replace it with water. When the test-run temp went up to 210, I pulled her in the driveway because I didn't want the water to boil!

Anyway - here are the pics. I think she looks pretty darn good. BTW - the line running from the engine bay into the sunroof is the temporary temp gauge.

This images is larger than 102400 bytes. Click to view.

Saxman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-28-2007 08:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SaxmanClick Here to visit Saxman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SaxmanDirect Link to This Post

Saxman

5151 posts
Member since May 2005
I also have a couple of shots to show you just what is going on with the Lambo-type hinges. Here is the one that works fine on the passenger's side. You can see the triangle shaped piece that is welded onto the hinge itself. This triangle is what the strut is connected to - so it pushes the door up and keeps the door in the "up" position when you let go.

Now here is the driver's side. You can see that the triangle shaped piece is not attached to the hinge - and you can clearly see where it should be welded on. I guess the original weld was apparently not cleaned off very well prior to the weld.
McNasty

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-03-2007 08:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for McNastySend a Private Message to McNastyDirect Link to This Post
Hey Sax anything new on this one...
Saxman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-14-2007 03:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SaxmanClick Here to visit Saxman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SaxmanDirect Link to This Post
I have something new now! It's the price!

I changed it to $4900 because I just don't have enough time to finish it and that Fino is waiting for me.

I will go out and try to refill the cooling system now that I know how to get the air out of it (yes, there was air slowing down the water pump - the vacuum tool did not help, but pressure from a water hose did flush the air out). I'll take the radiator to the shop on Monday if today's work is unsuccessful.

I sure wish I had more time for this one - especially since everything else on the car has so much work done on it.
Saxman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-15-2007 06:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SaxmanClick Here to visit Saxman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SaxmanDirect Link to This Post
Well, I've got an agreement on the sale. It looks like another week until pickup - and I'll finally have some Fino-time and garage space!

I won't mention the person since I have seen that some here on the forum that don't like that info posted - and I have no problem with that. I'll leave that up to him.

The important thing is that the car will go to someone with time to take care of her properly without cussing in front of her too much.
wiccantoy

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 90
Rate this member

Report this Post07-15-2007 09:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for wiccantoySend a Private Message to wiccantoyDirect Link to This Post
lol i dont mind that sucker is finally mine tired of people saying what a good deal if i had the time or money . well ive wanted it for quite some time now and im jumping all over it . thanks again saxman

------------------

DONE: 86gt 5 speed 4.9 complete rebuild with buds outback northstar pistons , delta cams E303 cam , full ported , polished , stronger head springs, and flow tested heads and manifolds. rockcrawl's custom chip , polished crank . too much to list

88 coupe t-top #656 1 of only 339 base coupes made SOLD
85 t-top BEING PARTED
87gt parts car
86 and 87 fiero database www.geocities.com/cwandall/fiero.html

PFF
System Bot
Saxman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-15-2007 11:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SaxmanClick Here to visit Saxman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SaxmanDirect Link to This Post
SHIITE! I'm glad you are getting the purple beast. Soulcrusher (the primary purple Fiero in Waldorf) will also be glad to hear the news. PM sent...

Heh-heh. Enjoy my PM since the JD and Coke have chilled me out tonight.

I'm getting her cleaned up for a possible weekend transaction. I'm glad you are gettin' her. You should be able to take her for a ride before you leave.

Cheers!

[This message has been edited by Saxman (edited 07-15-2007).]

Saxman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-15-2007 11:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SaxmanClick Here to visit Saxman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SaxmanDirect Link to This Post

Saxman

5151 posts
Member since May 2005

Originally posted by wiccantoy:

lol i dont mind that sucker is finally mine tired of people saying what a good deal if i had the time or money . well ive wanted it for quite some time now and im jumping all over it . thanks again saxman

You'll have to change that sig!!
wiccantoy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-15-2007 11:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for wiccantoySend a Private Message to wiccantoyDirect Link to This Post
within the next few days i will be . and once it is home ill be changing the picture portion of the sig also
Saxman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-15-2007 11:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SaxmanClick Here to visit Saxman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SaxmanDirect Link to This Post

within the next few days i will be . and once it is home ill be changing the picture portion of the sig also

Me, too!

------------------
V8 "FinIERO" Fino Kit - www.finiero.com -
'87 T-top - soon to become the new "FinIERO" (fin-'yeah-row) donor car
'86 GT V8 (for sale)

Saxman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-16-2007 05:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SaxmanClick Here to visit Saxman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SaxmanDirect Link to This Post
wiccantoy,

I let her run at idle a little longer after I talked to you on the phone and the temp went up to 200 before I shut her down.

I'll add some coolant to the water tomorrow and see what happens. If you want me to just put the coolant in and leave it alone until you buy it, just say the word.

wiccantoy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-16-2007 05:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for wiccantoySend a Private Message to wiccantoyDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Saxman:

wiccantoy,

I let her run at idle a little longer after I talked to you on the phone and the temp went up to 200 before I shut her down.

I'll add some coolant to the water tomorrow and see what happens. If you want me to just put the coolant in and leave it alone until you buy it, just say the word.

its up to you, I trust you not to blow it up . as long as i know what is going on with it than i have no problem .
Saxman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-21-2007 04:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SaxmanClick Here to visit Saxman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SaxmanDirect Link to This Post

Bitter sweet, but she is on her way home now.

Hey, wiccantoy - I don't think it is an omen that someone ran you off the road within 3 miles of my house. It only gets better from here!

At least you found a good deal on the replacement tire for your trailer. If you got the guy's license #, I'll look around for him for ya...

Thanks again for a smooth transaction. You'll have to excuse me, but I have some work to do on the Fino!!

prizm-bluegt

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-21-2007 11:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for prizm-bluegtSend a Private Message to prizm-bluegtDirect Link to This Post
You know that car would look better in my trailer Man did that car sound sweet. To bad you won't be able to gimme a ride in it. Oh well, guess there's always the Fino!!!
SOULCRUSHER

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-21-2007 11:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SOULCRUSHERClick Here to visit SOULCRUSHER's HomePageSend a Private Message to SOULCRUSHERDirect Link to This Post
YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS, now I am the only Purple fiero in Waldorf!!!!

Funny thing, I was driving to th autoparts store and saw Wiccantoy on the side of the road after the accident. For a second I thought it was someone stealing my car! I stopped and chatted a bt with him and is wife?? Great people, I understand she will be learning how to drive a stick shift in the new purchase! Good times!?!?
Anyway, glad you were able to sell the car Sax, and hope all is well with WIc (made it home in one piece).

------------------

1988 Purple Fiero GTw/SC3800 conversion
Best ET with 3.0 pulley,XPHOT cam, SS I/C and 105lb Valve springs: 12.38@110mph
Best 60 Foot ever: 1.699

wiccantoy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-21-2007 11:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for wiccantoySend a Private Message to wiccantoyDirect Link to This Post
lol sax , all will be good . got the new tire for 40 dollars mounted and balanced. but found out the rim is bent. probably both of them. the person that ran me off of the road was a woman that go scared because she noticed a ambulance coming our way. i had to move over more to avoid getting hit. and the trailer went on the center dividers curb right at 301. than my old lady decided we would take a detour. well it took us about 2 hours longer to get home due to that. but all will be good . time to get new rims for the trailer any way and i wanted to do that before i sand blasted and painted it anyway. i will just need to wait a little till i have a little more extra cash for it.

i left you feedback on this so you have some sort of feedback on pennocks.
PFF
System Bot
wiccantoy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-21-2007 11:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for wiccantoySend a Private Message to wiccantoyDirect Link to This Post

wiccantoy

3372 posts
Member since Mar 2002

Originally posted by SOULCRUSHER:

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS, now I am the only Purple fiero in Waldorf!!!!

Funny thing, I was driving to th autoparts store and saw Wiccantoy on the side of the road after the accident. For a second I thought it was someone stealing my car! I stopped and chatted a bt with him and is wife?? Great people, I understand she will be learning how to drive a stick shift in the new purchase! Good times!?!?
Anyway, glad you were able to sell the car Sax, and hope all is well with WIc (made it home in one piece).

lol yes all is well now . was glad to have another fiero owner to chat with for a bit. thaks for stoping either way.

hay people need to help me name the car now
Saxman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2007 12:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SaxmanClick Here to visit Saxman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SaxmanDirect Link to This Post

hay people need to help me name the car now

Well, wiccantoy - after all the fun it has created for me (and you) so far, I would call it "stricken-toy!"

Glad you made it back. Did you tell Earl we were talking about them before you left the house? What a coincidence!

I expect to hear that the heating issue is solved withing a couple of days!
wiccantoy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2007 06:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for wiccantoySend a Private Message to wiccantoyDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Saxman:

Well, wiccantoy - after all the fun it has created for me (and you) so far, I would call it "stricken-toy!"

Glad you made it back. Did you tell Earl we were talking about them before you left the house? What a coincidence!

I expect to hear that the heating issue is solved withing a couple of days!

yes i told him we were just talking about him . at the moment im trying to get this damn starter ligned up. and it is just like my old lifted blazer was. after that in a few days i hope to get it up on a lift to check some of the quick fix's that were done. and hope they are some of the problems
Saxman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2007 08:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SaxmanClick Here to visit Saxman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SaxmanDirect Link to This Post
Yeah - like I told you on the phone, that starter was the first thing the car needed when I got it home. It only took about an hour to get it lined up. The teeth were hitting correctly, but only after I moved it to the max allowed by the conversion block. Something may have to be shimmed or shaved to get the starter even closer.

I must have started it 100 times with no problems after adjusting it, so that girl that ran you off the road on your way home must have shaken it loose! OK - maybe not. Perhaps the started bolts were not tight enough and finally let it slip a little.

I'll tell ya - that lift would be a better way to get under there to re-adjust the starter. It was a pain trying to see if the teeth were aligned on jack stands!

Anyway, keep the questions coming. I don't mind in the least. I'm just sorry the started slipped the day after you bought it! Imagine if it had happened to me. I probably would have been so frustrated that I would have GIVEN it to you! OK - maybe not.
Saxman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-03-2008 11:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SaxmanClick Here to visit Saxman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SaxmanDirect Link to This Post
It's been a while, so I figured I'd see if you got to play with the purple ride any. My blood pressure went up just by reading through this damn thread!

I hope the starter issue is fixed. Last I talked to you, the flywheel had to be replaced. I just can't believe it started for me so many times only to slide when you got it.

Did you decide to name it "Stricken-toy?"
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock