Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Mall - Archive
  12" Corvette Brake Adapter Group Buy (Page 2)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
Previous Page | Next Page
12" Corvette Brake Adapter Group Buy by cheetah
Started on: 12-07-2005 07:53 PM
Replies: 75
Last post by: FieroGTdude on 10-21-2007 10:41 AM
fieroscotty

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-07-2006 10:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroscottySend a Private Message to fieroscottyDirect Link to This Post
HI Cheetah, Hi my name is Ronald Hanson i order a set of concentric rings from you i like to know if you have set them out yet Thanks Ronald Email RHA2262121@aol.com
IP: Logged
Tinton

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 295
User Banned

Report this Post01-08-2006 01:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TintonSend a Private Message to TintonDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by The Fieromaster:

you have instructions for the install?

Can you list exactly what brake parts i need and from what year vette? I am putting together a price list for cross drilled parts from ebay and such but want to make sure i get the year right for each part!! Thanks!

I second this request, I'm looking for a way to put 12" Corvette brakes on my '86 SE and I need to know what parts I'll need and what is required for installation. And unlike DOHC_SWAPPER, I'm a novice mechanic, I'm not a know-it-all asshat, so I could use some details on this mod.

------------------
I am the signature virus, please put me in your signature so I can spread

For the latest Fiero apparel and accessories, please visit F-I-E-R-O's online store Fiero Lives Online

DOHC_SWAPPER

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 50
User Banned

Report this Post01-08-2006 02:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DOHC_SWAPPERSend a Private Message to DOHC_SWAPPERDirect Link to This Post
OMG you guys. The HUGE thread with ALL the info has been bumped yet again in TECH. Look there!

Tintin....watch it or ill NEG your ASS! lol!

[This message has been edited by DOHC_SWAPPER (edited 01-08-2006).]

The Fieromaster

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 104
Rate this member

Report this Post01-08-2006 09:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for The FieromasterSend a Private Message to The FieromasterDirect Link to This Post
A simple parts list was all im looking for... easier then scanning an entire thread.

Plus its more clear info then too.

crzyone

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 176
Rate this member

Report this Post01-08-2006 09:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for crzyoneSend a Private Message to crzyoneDirect Link to This Post
The parts are all in the thread. Read all replies and you'll know what you are getting involved in. Its actually quite expensive if you use quality new parts.
The Fieromaster

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-08-2006 09:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for The FieromasterSend a Private Message to The FieromasterDirect Link to This Post
From what i gathered if the part numbers i think i have are correct then its about 600$ which is probably still cheaper then taking it to a shop and having stock brakes installed.
cheetah

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-12-2006 10:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cheetahClick Here to visit cheetah's HomePageSend a Private Message to cheetahDirect Link to This Post
These brackets allow 1985 Corvette front calipers to fit on the front, and 1988-96 Corvette rear calipers to fit the rear. Use '88 Corvette rotors for front and back.

Please read the topics on the brake swap to understand the scope of the project. I did mine for about $400 total, but I made my own brackets and rings, and got the calipers for a good deal from a yard. I also did the work on the front spindles myself. My rotors cost a bit, so one could save on that slightly. Buy a new MC, as it is inexpensive, and new pads (of course). Lots of brake fluid also, as it would be wise to flush the entire lines out while doign the swap. My Fiero is a second car, so I took my time on it.

Remember, cutting of the stock spindles is part of the swap. So no going back, unless one bought new spindles. Is it worth it? YES! Just make sure for yourself. The car brakes hard. No rear lockup, just straight and quick braking. I would never go back.

Plus they look great with my rims.

cheetah

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-12-2006 10:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cheetahClick Here to visit cheetah's HomePageSend a Private Message to cheetahDirect Link to This Post

cheetah

190 posts
Member since May 2004
Forgot to mention:

Almost all of the first shipment have shipped, so expect packages soon for those on the group buy.

Thanks.

crzyone

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-12-2006 02:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for crzyoneSend a Private Message to crzyoneDirect Link to This Post
Awesome, thanks Cheetah!
The Fieromaster

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2006 05:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for The FieromasterSend a Private Message to The FieromasterDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for the info.... i was looking for a just straight answer and you provided it and more!! + 4 U
OH10fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-19-2006 01:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OH10fieroSend a Private Message to OH10fieroDirect Link to This Post
BUMP, Wondering if you have any left for sale? I would like to get a set if you do.
PFF
System Bot
cheetah

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-19-2006 06:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cheetahClick Here to visit cheetah's HomePageSend a Private Message to cheetahDirect Link to This Post
They will be available again soon. I am accepting payments, and they will ship out as soon as they are done.

------------------
http://www.cheetahonline.com

crzyone

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-26-2006 10:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for crzyoneSend a Private Message to crzyoneDirect Link to This Post
Recieved both adapter kits, top notch! Thanks Cheetah!

by the way, do you know the bolts you used off the top of your head?

Thanks

HellYes

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-26-2006 11:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HellYesSend a Private Message to HellYesDirect Link to This Post
Can anyone tell me what the missing dimension on the rear adapters is? Everything is incremental off the ends, it's not symetrical, and no overall length is given. I'm having a set made out of 304 stainless. Also, how can I tell if my rotors need twice as thick rings? Are the rings simply twice as thick, or is the clearance chamfer deeper as well?
cheetah

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2006 10:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cheetahClick Here to visit cheetah's HomePageSend a Private Message to cheetahDirect Link to This Post
I drilled and tapped those holes to the M-12 x 1.5mm. That keeps everything the same throughtout the brake system (no oddball size bolt). Thanks for bringing up the question, I will have to add the info to the webpage.

And thanks for the kind words.

I just got more rear brackets in, so the few remaining open orders will be shipping this week. Also, and I am able to ship out more if anyone else is interested since I made more so I can keep them in stock.

Originally posted by crzyone:

Recieved both adapter kits, top notch! Thanks Cheetah!

by the way, do you know the bolts you used off the top of your head?

Thanks

------------------

cheetah

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2006 01:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cheetahClick Here to visit cheetah's HomePageSend a Private Message to cheetahDirect Link to This Post

cheetah

190 posts
Member since May 2004
The overall dimension is not important, just have enough material for the bolt head. There is nothing close to the area that will rub.

All the rims I have seen need the thicker rings.

Originally posted by HellYes:

Can anyone tell me what the missing dimension on the rear adapters is? Everything is incremental off the ends, it's not symetrical, and no overall length is given. I'm having a set made out of 304 stainless. Also, how can I tell if my rotors need twice as thick rings? Are the rings simply twice as thick, or is the clearance chamfer deeper as well?

------------------
My Fiero

cheetah

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-09-2006 10:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cheetahClick Here to visit cheetah's HomePageSend a Private Message to cheetahDirect Link to This Post
Update: the entire group buy was shipped out, and the last of the "after group buy" orders are done also.

That leaves me with (5) sets of the brackets left. I have Aluminum rings sets left also.

After these, I will not be ordering them again for a while, so I wanted to see if anyone wanted one of the remaining sets. If so, go to:

http://www.cheetahonline.com/j3030.html

Thanks to everyone who got in, and lets make some more Fiero's stop that way that they should.

------------------
My Fiero

OH10fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-10-2006 01:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OH10fieroSend a Private Message to OH10fieroDirect Link to This Post
I will take a set, PM sent.
Fierofreak00

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 170
Rate this member

Report this Post02-16-2006 07:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fierofreak00Send a Private Message to Fierofreak00Direct Link to This Post
Just wanted to make sure you had a set of adapters and rings before I place my order. Thanks, Jason
cheetah

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-20-2006 01:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cheetahClick Here to visit cheetah's HomePageSend a Private Message to cheetahDirect Link to This Post
I have two sets left.

------------------
My Fiero

hugh

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 160
Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2006 09:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hughSend a Private Message to hughDirect Link to This Post
I have still not received my concentric rings,can you tell me if they have been shipped yet?
PFF
System Bot
drifteral

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2006 11:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for drifteralSend a Private Message to drifteralDirect Link to This Post
Cheetah,
I'l take a set plus the rings. I will get in touch with you tomorrow.
Thanks
Al
typhoon

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2007 06:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for typhoonSend a Private Message to typhoonDirect Link to This Post
Cheetah, PM sent I want to make sure you have a set of brackets and rings left before I order.
Thanks

[This message has been edited by typhoon (edited 02-21-2007).]

bobm

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-22-2007 10:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bobmSend a Private Message to bobmDirect Link to This Post
Paul,

I emailed you the 13th and 14th of this month and got my payment in PayPal on the 14th. I didn't see this thread until tonight though. Am I getting the aluminum brackets and rings I ordered from your website? I've tried to email you but did not receive a response from you yet. Please advise of the status of my order?

Thanks, Bob
typhoon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-16-2007 05:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for typhoonSend a Private Message to typhoonDirect Link to This Post
Anyone heard from Cheetah (Paul) ?? I placed and order a while back on his website, all paid for, and have heard nothing !!! Are we getting ripped off?
Fierofreak00

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 170
Rate this member

Report this Post03-16-2007 05:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fierofreak00Send a Private Message to Fierofreak00Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by typhoon:

Anyone heard from Cheetah (Paul) ?? I placed and order a while back on his website, all paid for, and have heard nothing !!! Are we getting ripped off?

This is the reason I never placed an order with him. I emailed three times inquiring about the brackets and such. But only got one response back, and that was like a week or so later. I got an uneasy feeling about it and never followed up. I'm sorry about you losing your money you'd think he would atleast drop you a line or something...-Jason

antinull.com

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-16-2007 08:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for antinull.comSend a Private Message to antinull.comDirect Link to This Post
ive e-mailed a few times and havent heard from em
if you used paypal
open a dispute
i think you can do so within 90 days
just state "item not recived" and it should refund your money
pokeyfiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 309
Rate this member

Report this Post03-16-2007 10:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pokeyfieroClick Here to visit pokeyfiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to pokeyfieroDirect Link to This Post
I just ordered a set about a week ago. I have not gotten any response. I wasn't really worried.
Maybe I should look into it. I'm not gonna stress over a couple hunded bucks since I can dispute it with Paypal.
pokeyfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-17-2007 01:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pokeyfieroClick Here to visit pokeyfiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to pokeyfieroDirect Link to This Post
JUst checked I paid CC so either way I can dispute.
Rather just get the parts... Their web site says they are going to a big show in Chicago soon so they are active maybe just real busy.
typhoon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-17-2007 10:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for typhoonSend a Private Message to typhoonDirect Link to This Post
bump in case Cheetah shows up
pokeyfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-18-2007 02:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pokeyfieroClick Here to visit pokeyfiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to pokeyfieroDirect Link to This Post
Bump because damn it.
CHeeta Cheeta come in Cheeta
PFF
System Bot
typhoon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-18-2007 10:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for typhoonSend a Private Message to typhoonDirect Link to This Post
Got an email from Cheetah yesterday. Parts are shipping mid-week. Stay tuned......
pokeyfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-19-2007 02:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pokeyfieroClick Here to visit pokeyfiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to pokeyfieroDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by typhoon:

Got an email from Cheetah yesterday. Parts are shipping mid-week. Stay tuned......

Thats great news. Hope mine are coming too!!!!!

pokeyfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-26-2007 03:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pokeyfieroClick Here to visit pokeyfiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to pokeyfieroDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by pokeyfiero:

JUst checked I paid CC so either way I can dispute.
Rather just get the parts... Their web site says they are going to a big show in Chicago soon so they are active maybe just real busy.

Actually I did pay pay pal. I buy to much stuff I can't keep it straight.
Their web site email doesn't link. Pay pal has their email so I sent them an inquiry.
I believe I have 30 days to dispute charges and 30 days is almost here so I hope they get back to me. I will be waiting and hoping everything is OK.

typhoon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-26-2007 04:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for typhoonSend a Private Message to typhoonDirect Link to This Post
See this thread for more info....
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum4/HTML/036427.html
FieroGTdude

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-21-2007 10:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroGTdudeSend a Private Message to FieroGTdudeDirect Link to This Post
I bought some brackets and rings from Cheetah and it took like 3 months to get them and they didn't fit. The holes where like 3/8 of and inch off on the rears. And the fronts where the wrong thickness and rubbed the rotor. The rings needed to be turned down to fit in to rotor. I tired to contact cheetah about 5 times with no replay to the problem. I never got a refund or any reply. I had to remake all of the stuff myself which took quite a while.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock